Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,176 members, 7,818,558 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:42 PM

Ruga will bring job to Nigeria. - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ruga will bring job to Nigeria. (3830 Views)

Obaseki: RUGA Will Not Happen In Edo State, Sambisa Forest A Better Option / What Is The Meaning Of 'ruga'? / Ruga Settlements For Herdsmen: Shehu Sani Reacts To FG's Plan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ruga will bring job to Nigeria. by lastmessenger: 8:09am On Jul 05, 2019
deomelo:
[s][/s]

Do you know what I love about this plan? It's optional, it's not compulsory or mandatory so lobby your state not to participate.
do you know what I hate about you and your fellow Fulani's, you are evil,you are murderous and you are the third most dreaded terrorist group in the world.
May God Almighty punish you,your mother,father and may you experience the pain of those elderly women in the villages of benue,plateau and Taraba.
Re: Ruga will bring job to Nigeria. by emae009(m): 8:25am On Jul 05, 2019
I don't know why I need to keep emphasizing this. Cattle rearing / herding / moving from one place to another / pastoral farming is a "private" business. these herdmens didn't wake to pick the cattle from the Bush. the matter should be treated as such. Nigerians buy and eat goats e'er day but you don't see people moving about with goats so they can feed on grass. they get housed, fed and sold by the owners who then may or may not pay tax to the government. why can't they do same to cattles.

1 Like

Re: Ruga will bring job to Nigeria. by gameboyo: 8:31am On Jul 05, 2019
lastmessenger:
the first solution to all these is to subject these herdsmen to the law. They can't be grazing for free. They should pay tax to the respective states they graze their cattle.

Why are you guys afraid of ranging?
Re: Ruga will bring job to Nigeria. by lastmessenger: 8:56am On Jul 05, 2019
gameboyo:

Why are you guys afraid of ranging?
Nobody is afraid of ranching. But first we must arrest the killers of our mothers,father's and children and disarm them and then let them face the full wrate of the law.
Then if they need land for ranching? For the Fulani's who are law abiding they should buy like every other Nigerian and pay for it and set up their business
Re: Ruga will bring job to Nigeria. by vankaid: 9:09am On Jul 05, 2019
deomelo:

It is actually the same thing, ranching just sounds better to you, but it's the same thing.
Prove it!

And if it is same why give it a new name when it is already in place.

Also why did the VP deny being in charge of RUGA and accepted he is in charge of LTDP.

Do you know better than the VP?
Re: Ruga will bring job to Nigeria. by SouthEastFacts: 9:55am On Jul 05, 2019
budaatum:

They do not currently graze for free. I am from the Orolu Kingdom of Ifon Osun where cattle herding is huge business so the chiefs collect money from the herders who must behave or we the people will revolt! When you complain to the chief that Fulani cattle ate your crops, the chief will only give you a part of the compensation he gets on your behalf. Even the cattle the fulani herdsman is herding belongs to the chief, in most instances. They are not forcing any religion on anyone nor are they kidnapping anyone. If they do, we will adopt a new Oro Cattle Eating Festival!

Ranching will force herdsmen to stop moving cattle around spreading diseases and eating up poor farmer crops. It will make them taxable because we would know where their assets are and it would revolutionise the cattle business and wrest it from backward Fulani herdsmen who lack modern cattle rearing knowledge. We will also be able to monitor the quality of the meat we eat.

Meat production is way too large an industry to neglect as we currently do considering the benefits, only some of which are laid out in the op. The entire industry needs to be revolutionised.
In summary, yoruba moslems support RUGA?
Re: Ruga will bring job to Nigeria. by SouthEastFacts: 10:11am On Jul 05, 2019
deomelo:

Is this not the reason why the government introduced NLTP/RUGA.

RUGA/NLTP = Controlled, centralized, monitored and organized animal husbandry business for interested livestock farmers and investors, not just headers.

It means no more herdsmen running around the country, no more destroying farms and no more clashes with farmers.

We slaughter and consume tens of thousands of cattle per day, that's billions per day that the headers and owners are not sharing with the rest of Nigeria especially where they graze, but NLTP/RUGA means they have to share in form of taxes and be regulated.

This program is more than the ill-informed and paranoid noise people are passing around on the internet, it's turning to graze into a regulated livestock business as they have in other countries, we are talking about full-scale grazing to abattoir services, meat and meat product processing, packaging, tannery and so on.

Apart from we have the usual shortsighted, paranoid and tribalistic mentality portion of Nigeria that rejects credible ideas and programs, a large segment of the Nigerian population are ignorant and instead of seeking knowledge to learn and educate themselves about issues, they consume rumors and fake trash other people pass around on the internet or beer parlor.

In the SW alone, they consume almost 20,000 cattle per day, but is the state getting a cut of the daily multi billion naira cattle trade? I don't think so.

It's either they set up their own ranch as a business and for food security measure or offer land and let other entities invest and manage the ranches.

According to your 20,000 cows per consumption in the SW, it means SW beef industry alone is an over 1 trillion industry (over 1.2 trillion)

Now how many herders are in Nigeria? Now distribute 1.2 trillion per household and then tell me if that amount you guys throw around carelessly justifies current realities.

Anyway, give your lands and enjoy the trillion. We don't need it in the SE.
Re: Ruga will bring job to Nigeria. by budaatum: 12:41pm On Jul 05, 2019
omale88:

How have you succeeded in tackling the miyeti Alla menace? Aren't they organized? All you have is English.
We do not have miyeti alla or menaces in the Orolu Kingdom. We tell our menaces to leave town and go to Ibadan or Lagos or Abuja to be menaces there so we'd hardly tolerate menaces from outside.
Re: Ruga will bring job to Nigeria. by budaatum: 12:43pm On Jul 05, 2019
SouthEastFacts:

In summary, yoruba moslems support RUGA?
If that's what you wish to summarise.

Did someone tell you buda is a yoruba moslem?
Re: Ruga will bring job to Nigeria. by budaatum: 12:56pm On Jul 05, 2019
SouthEastFacts:

According to your 20,000 cows per consumption in the SW, it means SW beef industry alone is an over 1 trillion industry (over 1.2 trillion)

Now how many herders are in Nigeria? Now distribute 1.2 trillion per household and then tell me if that amount you guys throw around carelessly justifies current realities.

However many cows there may be, Nigeria is one of the least meat eating nations that it would be accurate to claim we suffer from meat poverty. And to be honest, if you keep missing "we are too enlightened to give our land away," I'd doubt you can see cow.

Re: Ruga will bring job to Nigeria. by budaatum: 1:02pm On Jul 05, 2019
*OODUA FARM CATTLE RANCH*

This is Copied From "GOFITES" Forum posted by Ayo Akindiji, an Engr.

Tunde Oduwole,I-QS.
01.07.'19.

I was the last farm manager of Oodua farms cattle ranch (formerly western livestocks)at Akunu Akoko(8061 hectares of farm lands). I have five big dams .Two are four hectares and at peak of rain , you get a wide spread of 1km. It goes thru akunu akoko, ikakumo akoko, ise skill and auga akoko. I know all the boundaries with Edo inclusive.The western government established it. The cows there were *owned* by Oodua Investment. The land is still there. Facilities abandoned. Same in Oyo state, we have over 16,000 hectares of land for cattle ranch solely owned by Oodua Investment. Part of it was seeded for Ikere gorge(2000 hectares). My take is let southwest government takes over these facilities and give to genuine investors for resuscitation. In Imeko Ogun state, we have also 4000hectares. In Ekiti at OKE Ako via Ayedun ekiti after Ipao, we have 12,000 hectares. We should grow our own cattle and let the state governor that has power over land explore this opportunities. *YORUBA COMMISSION can explore this window. We do not need to allow other people to come and do what we can do ourself. Had told many that care to listen that we can grow and rear what we import. Wheat is N630billion import in 2016, we can grow these in North East but importers and the USA who benefit from this volume will not allow BH war to end. We import Rice N300billion 2016. Where is ofada and mokoloki rice plantations . If we champion our own food program, we will have improve national security because food security is Germaine to National security. RUGA on our land is being canvassed for because we that own the resources are neglecting them. Let rise and build the State. When problem arise, let look at the business advantages that we can explore from it. FUNAAB rears cow in cooperative. We pay just N18k annually to the cooperative to maintain one cow . We can create so much employment if we think out of the box.

Our heritage
Our collective patrimony

1 Like

Re: Ruga will bring job to Nigeria. by deomelo: 1:05pm On Jul 05, 2019
[s]
vankaid:

Prove it!

And if it is same why give it a new name when it is already in place.

Also why did the VP deny being in charge of RUGA and accepted he is in charge of LTDP.

Do you know better than the VP?
[/s]

Do you know what I love about this plan? It's optional, it's not compulsory or mandatory so lobby your state not to participate.
Re: Ruga will bring job to Nigeria. by deomelo: 1:06pm On Jul 05, 2019
lastmessenger:
do you know what I hate about you and your fellow Fulani's, you are evil,you are murderous and you are the third most dreaded terrorist group in the world.
May God Almighty punish you,your mother,father and may you experience the pain of those elderly women in the villages of benue,plateau and Taraba.

Instead of abusing your parents on the internet and wasting your worthless energy on what they are not forcing you to do, it's optional, it's not compulsory or mandatory so make yourself useful by lobbying your state not to participate.
Re: Ruga will bring job to Nigeria. by deomelo: 1:17pm On Jul 05, 2019
SouthEastFacts:

Who cares? It is up to your governors to set them up in your villages and so far, they haven't because it is voluntary so of what relevance is your fake agitation and mob rants on the internet.

You people have nothing better to do, obviously.
Re: Ruga will bring job to Nigeria. by vankaid: 5:39pm On Jul 05, 2019
deomelo:
[s][/s]

But you should stop the misinformation that RUGA is LTDP.
Re: Ruga will bring job to Nigeria. by deomelo: 6:14pm On Jul 05, 2019
vankaid:

But you should stop the misinformation that RUGA is LTDP.

If you are going to keep ranting that it's not, why not just post and highlight the difference between both here.

Re: Ruga will bring job to Nigeria. by SouthEastFacts: 7:54pm On Jul 05, 2019
deomelo:

Who cares? It is up to your governors to set them up in your villages and so far, they haven't because it is voluntary so of what relevance is your fake agitation and mob rants on the internet.

You people have nothing better to do, obviously.
You couldn't defend your claim of 1.2 trillion Naira SW beef market but throwing tantrum like a kid.

Like I said, take your RUGA to the SW, we don't need it, dear yoruba moslem.
Re: Ruga will bring job to Nigeria. by deomelo: 7:57pm On Jul 05, 2019
[s]
SouthEastFacts:

You couldn't defend your claim of 1.2 trillion Naira SW beef market but throwing tantrum like a kid.

Like I said, take your RUGA to the SW, we don't need it, dear yoruba moslem.
[/s]

Not interested in your ignorant and unintelligent ipob nonsense.
Re: Ruga will bring job to Nigeria. by SouthEastFacts: 8:01pm On Jul 05, 2019
deomelo:
[s][/s]

Not interested in your ignorant and unintelligent ipob nonsense.
I don't have time to waste on a yoruba moslem, enemy of the south,
Re: Ruga will bring job to Nigeria. by deomelo: 8:04pm On Jul 05, 2019
[s]
SouthEastFacts:

I don't have time to waste on a yoruba moslem, enemy of the south,
[/s]

Not interested in your ignorant, bigoted and unintelligent ipob nonsense.,
Re: Ruga will bring job to Nigeria. by Nobody: 8:38pm On Jul 05, 2019
budaatum:

We do not have miyeti alla or menaces in the Orolu Kingdom. We tell our menaces to leave town and go to Ibadan or Lagos or Abuja to be menaces there so we'd hardly tolerate menaces from outside.
You don't understand, what I mean is the miyeti Alla has been a problem to Nigeria and as long as that is a problem it concerns orolu kingdom don't say you are not aware of the fact.
Re: Ruga will bring job to Nigeria. by SouthEastFacts: 11:32pm On Jul 05, 2019
deomelo:
[s][/s]

Not interested in your ignorant, bigoted and unintelligent ipob nonsense.,
Remove hate from the soul of a yoruba moslem and the south will turn to one united big family.

1 Like

Re: Ruga will bring job to Nigeria. by budaatum: 2:56am On Jul 06, 2019
omale88:

You don't understand, what I mean is the miyeti Alla has been a problem to Nigeria and as long as that is a problem it concerns orolu kingdom don't say you are not aware of the fact.
Are you aware Yorubas have our own cattle herders association? We are not all Muslims neither.

Have you no Muslims in your family? Neighbours? Muslim colleagues in school? No miyeti alla or Muslim has been a problem to me. I have them as family members and none of them have two heads nor daggers in their trousers neither. Are you sure you've met any? Did they have two heads?

1 Like

Re: Ruga will bring job to Nigeria. by Nobody: 3:17am On Jul 06, 2019
budaatum:

Are you aware Yorubas have our own cattle herders association? We are not all Muslims neither.

Have you no Muslims in your family? Neighbours? Muslim colleagues in school? No miyeti alla or Muslim has been a problem to me. I have them as family members and none of them have two heads nor daggers in their trousers neither. Are you sure you've met any? Did they have two heads?
I don't think we are communicating have a good day.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Biafra: We Lost A Man But Destroyed A Platoon Before Retreating - BNG / Jaafar Jaafar: Rejection Of Tinubu’s Candidate Has Killed His 2023 Ambition / Lagos No Man's Land? Lagos To Reclaim Their Lands From Igbos And Others

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.