Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,358 members, 7,815,757 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:50 PM

Is Genevieve Not Being Overated? - Celebrities (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Is Genevieve Not Being Overated? (7615 Views)

Is Genevieve Getting Married Soon? (Pre-Bridal Photos) / Is Genevieve's Daughter Prettier Than Mum? / Is Genevieve Nnaji Eating Less Or Vomiting More (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Genevieve Not Being Overated? by googles: 12:42am On Oct 11, 2010
domino74:

Genevieve has pimple on her face while while most actress have non

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

so dumb {no offense} grin

@post

so overrated . . . shez a one way actress, same expression all thru a movie
Re: Is Genevieve Not Being Overated? by powerblaze(m): 12:52am On Oct 11, 2010
well, i guess it depends on the moviie itself. thats why u cant find hollywood actress acting every kind of movie. u act the movie u fit into, and thats at the discretion of the producer, who's well trained for that.

but in naija, if u can pay her, she'll act aany role. not sure who's the best. not interested either. *picks up his game pad, hisses!*
Re: Is Genevieve Not Being Overated? by tundejayz: 6:29am On Oct 11, 2010
not really
Re: Is Genevieve Not Being Overated? by Ranoscky(m): 8:50am On Oct 11, 2010
clip:

Let us not run our own down by this comparison.Both of them are good in their own way.Unique people contributing to the growth of our dear country.God bless nigeria

Bless you !!!
Re: Is Genevieve Not Being Overated? by zionic(m): 9:16am On Oct 11, 2010
Depends on who cooks better and buats better! lipsrsealed
Re: Is Genevieve Not Being Overated? by omar22(m): 9:26am On Oct 11, 2010
Overrate or underrated! I don’t know but she knows her level the phrase “One eye man is king in the country of the blind” comes to mind, would you put Genevieve in the same category as these actresses Michelle Gyllenhaal, Vivica Fox, Nia Long, Malinda Williams, LisaRaye McCoy-Misick, Monica Calhoun, Essence Atkins, Elizabeth Berkley, Tiffani Thiessen etc. NO NO NO and these are the lowest ranked actresses in Hollywood. Genevieve she could be good but good for Nollywood if she was that good she would show some sort of ambition and breakaway from her comfort zone…
Re: Is Genevieve Not Being Overated? by pappy4real(m): 10:42am On Oct 11, 2010
think of the fact that she (Genevieve) was the face of lux for a #20m contract and now shes now the face of MUD and a world class actress, i dont realy think shes overrated, shes simply worth it-----my opinion though
Re: Is Genevieve Not Being Overated? by missionma(m): 11:12am On Oct 11, 2010
cool
Re: Is Genevieve Not Being Overated? by angelz(f): 11:16am On Oct 11, 2010
If l start enumerating y gene beats evry1, even omotola
2day will not be enuf.
she may not av has much educational qualification as both of them,
but she acts not just too well, but as if she has a sound education than both.
she was given less much produce much,while odas are given more n r still good too.
she is cute and can place any role, even as a teenager.
am just too busy now,but av got sound argument to refute any tot as regards bin
at per with gene.
she is just too good.
she deserve whateva she is gettin,praise,name,popularity,
just name it
Re: Is Genevieve Not Being Overated? by omar22(m): 11:22am On Oct 11, 2010
a world class actress

Dont ever put Genevieve and a world class actress in the same sentence again,

She is an Actress simple (Average at best)
Re: Is Genevieve Not Being Overated? by angelz(f): 11:27am On Oct 11, 2010
at regards competing with hollywood stars,
there are dos wu cannot stand gene.
if given the opportunity, she will beat them hands down.
hollywood is not that friendly with our stars,
am not talkin about any white person that smtimes appear in our movies,
or dos used by tade ogidan in 'dangerous twins" etc
am talkin of known faces in hollywood.
av bin watchin her 4 some time now, n l can tell u
SHE IS THE BEST FOR NOW.
Re: Is Genevieve Not Being Overated? by omar22(m): 11:36am On Oct 11, 2010
if given the opportunity, she will beat them hands down.

Which world do you live in, the opportunity is there, she has to go and take it, do you honestly believe that they would deliver it to her house?

Like I said earlier on her acting is good, but good for Nollywood simple!!! can you honestly swap Jade Pinkett for Genevieve in the role she played in "Jason's Lyric"? NO

Look its not about hate? All of the actors and Actresses under the Nollywood or Gollywood banner are not up to scratch, agree they are our own, but I cant stand an industry that doesnt want to improve, look at the music industry, a Nigerian singers could stand toe to toe with the best in the world but movies stars, they have no chance hell even against an average Hollywood stars,
Re: Is Genevieve Not Being Overated? by Guyman02: 11:45am On Oct 11, 2010
Its amazing that with her little education Genny is good in her trade from on the job training/experience over the years. All she needs is a degree from part time studies to add to her rating cosidering that we are a certificate loving country.
Viva nollywood!!!
Re: Is Genevieve Not Being Overated? by Nobody: 12:10pm On Oct 11, 2010
I think she is over rated.

Stepahnie Okereke is a much better actress and there are so many others that act better than she does. She's not exceptional, just privileged
Re: Is Genevieve Not Being Overated? by JizzyJay: 1:07pm On Oct 11, 2010
I THINK GENE IS THE BEST ACTRESS IN AFRICA, grin
Re: Is Genevieve Not Being Overated? by omar22(m): 1:19pm On Oct 11, 2010
I THINK GENE IS THE BEST ACTRESS IN AFRICA,

The name Thandie Newton or Terry Pheto comes to mind, Gene is not fit to lace their boots
Re: Is Genevieve Not Being Overated? by MissyB3(f): 1:47pm On Oct 11, 2010
I was wondering why Omar wasn't here, yet.
Welcome, hater. grin
Re: Is Genevieve Not Being Overated? by Wumine(f): 2:10pm On Oct 11, 2010
Whatever! BFD!!!
Re: Is Genevieve Not Being Overated? by Nobody: 2:11pm On Oct 11, 2010
[YAAAAAWWWWN]Who cares? cool
Re: Is Genevieve Not Being Overated? by omar22(m): 2:49pm On Oct 11, 2010
@Missy ★ B

I forgot that the Genevieve Ki$$-@$$ brigade are still in the country, theirs one person missing?
Re: Is Genevieve Not Being Overated? by ud4u: 11:21am On Oct 12, 2010
Busy body them
Re: Is Genevieve Not Being Overated? by madprof(m): 4:50am On Oct 13, 2010
The Nigerian movie industry is overrated. The actors, the movies, the stories, everything just makes me sick.
Re: Is Genevieve Not Being Overated? by Ranoscky(m): 5:28am On Oct 13, 2010
^^

lol
Re: Is Genevieve Not Being Overated? by Nayah(f): 8:51am On Oct 13, 2010
Well I think some people are venerating so much Gene , than they are not yet ready to see others talented actresses, as for me Gene is good but certainly not the best, she's too overrated. Omotola is good as well but enough of these two girls as there's no one one in the industry.

Yes Stephanie Okereke, Tonto Dikey and Mercy Johnson are very good actresses. Let's move on to see other talents not always focuses on the same, even though Gene and Omo are still in
Re: Is Genevieve Not Being Overated? by MyneWhite1(f): 6:00pm On Oct 13, 2010
The lady is just doing her job people,
Re: Is Genevieve Not Being Overated? by chines4(m): 11:38am On Oct 14, 2010
Genevieve being overrated or not, Whats my own. Its her pay. and once someone is willing to pay that high for her to act in a movie then that her worth. Talk about stage value. Talk about beauty, that is in the eye of the beholder.
Re: Is Genevieve Not Being Overated? by billybaby: 1:34pm On Oct 14, 2010
@ MISS B, Yes I have met both of them and If you have, you would have seen the difference between the two. Genevieve I will say is highly highly over rated in terms of who she is for really but for acting, she is cool.
Re: Is Genevieve Not Being Overated? by Nwaokike(f): 11:29am On Oct 15, 2010
Oprah called Genevieve the Julia Roberts of Africa. Overated or underrated, beautiful or ugly, she's made a mark in the world. she's known worldwide for what she can do. What abt u guys? Are u recognised in ur fields?

Dey there talk abt person wey dey make millions,

*hisses*
Re: Is Genevieve Not Being Overated? by xman044: 10:44am On Oct 18, 2010
they only give want they have, in the part they had to play in movies, one thing i say that gene is well exposed
Re: Is Genevieve Not Being Overated? by OlaRay4(m): 11:04am On Nov 02, 2010
she's made a mark in the world

HOW?
Re: Is Genevieve Not Being Overated? by Nakele(f): 3:55pm On Nov 03, 2010
Well I think some people are venerating so much Gene , than they are not yet ready to see others talented actresses, as for me Gene is good but certainly not the best, she's too overrated. Omotola is good as well but enough of these two girls as there's no one one in the industry.

Yes Stephanie Okereke, Tonto Dikey and Mercy Johnson are very good actresses. Let's move on to see other talents not always focuses on the same, even though Gene and Omo are still in

HMMM., START TALKING THEN WE WILL FOLLOW

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Wizkid Caught On Camera Touching Girl's Boobs [PICS] / Celestial Church Choir Twerk For Church Elders During Sunday Service / Happy Birthday To Susan Peters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.