Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,296 members, 7,811,885 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:15 PM

Two S/court Justices Upheld Sen. Adeleke’s Appeal - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Two S/court Justices Upheld Sen. Adeleke’s Appeal (38829 Views)

Same Amadi: Adeleke's Appeal Of Tribunal's Decision Will Fail / "It's Not Over" - Atiku Reacts As Supreme Court Dismisses Adeleke's Appeal / Current Situation In Osogbo, Osun State Over Sen. Adeleke's Tribunal Victory (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Two S/court Justices Upheld Sen. Adeleke’s Appeal by maasoap(m): 1:11pm On Jul 05, 2019
Tajbol4splend:

Even though you know that Adeleke won that election

He won the inconclusive one, Oyetola won the conclusive one. Got the difference?
Re: Two S/court Justices Upheld Sen. Adeleke’s Appeal by FearGodinall: 1:31pm On Jul 05, 2019
that nullifying the proceedings of the Election Petitions Tribunal on the grounds of the absence of Justice Peter Obiorah on only the proceedings of February 6th without a certified true copy of the original record of the proceedings tendered before the appellate court is “mere conjecture”
Re: Two S/court Justices Upheld Sen. Adeleke’s Appeal by Nobody: 1:46pm On Jul 05, 2019
2 raise to power zero is one
Re: Two S/court Justices Upheld Sen. Adeleke’s Appeal by princeSammyz: 2:32pm On Jul 05, 2019
festacman:
As an experienced jurist, the question is why should Justice Obiora absent himself instead of agreeing with other judges on the tribunal for a simple extra day adjournment. And having absented himself, why did he proceed to read the lead judgement, which referenced and relied significantly on the proceedings of the very he absented himself. It is simply mind boggling for a neutral but a melodious song to the ears of APC supporters. Jagaban the master strategist and Chief Olanipekun SAN the master 'legal technicalist' have done it again.
And the highest court in the land just masturbated in frivolity! When I read the reason for upholding the appeal court ruling, I almost wept. Setting the order and rituals of proceedings above facts and justice by the Supreme Court of Nigeria is something we should all be worried about. I mean a Judge's absence as a criterion to deciding a matter of such magnitude. Unheard!!! Where is this Lucipher Guy on nairaland? Please come and spit on Nigerian Judiciary.
Re: Two S/court Justices Upheld Sen. Adeleke’s Appeal by princeSammyz: 2:37pm On Jul 05, 2019
jackie3:
Justice Obiora failed us
No! Justice failed all! Justice went on all four at the feet of corruption! This is the kind of thing Nigerians should protest about. But we take them too lightly. How did they read that verdict? Those Justices should resign!!! This is so annoying.
Re: Two S/court Justices Upheld Sen. Adeleke’s Appeal by Tecno66: 3:27pm On Jul 05, 2019
Inflammatory:
I hope DEMOCRACY is not in DANGER now. If it is in DANGER, let it be.
Liked by Buhari, Tinubu, PYO, and 100000 others.
Disliked by WAILERS across the bridge and some Camerounian refugee closer to the border, I won't mention their names.
It's obvious that this judges left the substance and were chasing shadows. The minority judgement made more sense to me. Instead of the judges to see if they could be convinced beyond reasonable doubt, they have looked for a loophole to do what they want by saying that one of the judges was absent on a particular days seating.
Re: Two S/court Justices Upheld Sen. Adeleke’s Appeal by Nobody: 5:35pm On Jul 05, 2019
Jobac:

Don't mind them, wailing wailers will not sleep throughout this weekend. It would have been an insult to the people of the State of Osun to see Ade Dancer in the Government House. He is not a serious person now.

I was just told that PDP is appealing the judgement at the ICC...Lol. Hopeless party with miserable members. I repeat, there shall be nothing left of PDP before the end of 2020.

Because they will all be in APC, doing what they know how to do best. And you will still be the common man in the streets.
Re: Two S/court Justices Upheld Sen. Adeleke’s Appeal by themanderon: 6:11pm On Jul 05, 2019
The judiciary is a mess. Nigeria is the only country I know of where evil and criminality prevails over good. It was PDP's turn yesterday, its APC's turn today, tomorrow it will be another party's turn.
All in all the greatest losers will always be the ordinary people of this shithole. The system has been rigged never to favour them that's why we will be a third world shithole for a very lonnnng time.
Re: Two S/court Justices Upheld Sen. Adeleke’s Appeal by wareh(m): 6:15pm On Jul 05, 2019
Guzel:
Chai
2 raise to power 0 is 0

It's actually 1. �

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Seven Out Of Every Ten Kidnappers Arrested Are Fulani— Sultan Of Sokoto / Ikedi Ohakim And Wife At Daughter's Graduation In Ireland (photos) / Economy: PDP Asks Buhari To Resign, And Nigerians React (screenshots)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.