Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,177 members, 7,815,128 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:50 AM

Do Blind People Dream? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Do Blind People Dream? (770 Views)

How Do Blind People Get Turn On Sexually?? / Man Lands In Hospital After Sleeping With A 'muscular Lady' From A Blind Date. / Wedding Photos Of A Blind Man And His Bride (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do Blind People Dream? by Nobody: 2:27pm On Jul 05, 2019
If dreams are formed from a collection of images we see while awake, throughout our lives, what about people who are born blind? Can they dream, and if so, what do they dream of?
Re: Do Blind People Dream? by Amatarasha(f): 2:32pm On Jul 05, 2019
Yes , they have nautical dream of wonderful fulfillment ...dreams of victoria waterfall paradise
Re: Do Blind People Dream? by Marcus2(m): 2:33pm On Jul 05, 2019
Dudeweedlmao:
If dreams are formed from a collection of images we see while awake, throughout our lives, what about people who are born blind? Can they dream, and if so, what do they dream of?
Why don't you go blind and find out undecided

1 Like

Re: Do Blind People Dream? by Nobody: 2:42pm On Jul 05, 2019
Marcus2:

Why don't you go blind and find out undecided

I mean being blind from birth. Obviously I'll still be able to dream cause I've used my eyes for a long time.

1 Like

Re: Do Blind People Dream? by Nobody: 2:43pm On Jul 05, 2019
Amatarasha:
Yes , they have nautical dream of wonderful fulfillment ...dreams of victoria waterfall paradise

Is this a figure of speech? I mean, how do they know what a waterfall looks like? Or how paradise looks like?
Re: Do Blind People Dream? by Amatarasha(f): 2:56pm On Jul 05, 2019
Dudeweedlmao:

Is this a figure of speech? I mean, how do they know what a waterfall looks like? Or how paradise looks like?
Am an ogbanje ...dat on my neck is a spiritual relic dated b4 muhammed
Re: Do Blind People Dream? by Nobody: 3:06pm On Jul 05, 2019
I don't have a scientific explanation, so I hope a basic opinion (in layman's terms) would help out and trigger an interest for a more detailed research.

If having the ability to dream depends on our ability to see, how is it that we are still able to see the contents of our dreams even when our eyes are closed? With this, I think it's possible for people who are blind from birth to dream. However, with the fact that they haven't come across what they "see" in their dreams anywhere else, it may be difficult to identify.

If this submission is correct, I believe there is a scientific explanation to it. Maybe you'll have to delve more into neuroscience and the like.

I hope this helps.

2 Likes

Re: Do Blind People Dream? by Nobody: 3:21pm On Jul 05, 2019
Amatarasha:

Am an ogbanje ...dat on my neck is a spiritual relic dated b4 muhammed

Ok, Mrs. Ogbanje, can you see into blind people's dream?
Re: Do Blind People Dream? by Nobody: 3:22pm On Jul 05, 2019
GeniusWannabe:
I don't have a scientific explanation, so I hope a basic opinion (in layman's terms) would help out and trigger an interest for a more detailed research.

If having the ability to dream depends on our ability to see, how is it that we are still able to see the contents of our dreams even when our eyes are closed? With this, I think it's possible for people who are blind from birth to dream. However, with the fact that they haven't come across what they "see" in their dreams anywhere else, it may be difficult to identify.

If this submission is correct, I believe there is a scientific explanation to it. Maybe you'll have to delve more into neuroscience and the like.

I hope this helps.

Maybe someone who is friends with a blind person can confirm this theory.
Re: Do Blind People Dream? by Olusholasimon(m): 3:29pm On Jul 05, 2019
Wow ! This is one of the mystery that I've always wonder about,I've asked people but they all seem not to get my point.
People say "we only dream of what we see/think about" but those who are born blind can not visualize anything because they don't have anything in memory.
I think they can dream but may not be able to identify what they've seen. Even if it's human being because they probably don't know how physically shaped human are.
Re: Do Blind People Dream? by Amatarasha(f): 3:29pm On Jul 05, 2019
Dudeweedlmao:

Ok, Mrs. Ogbanje, can you see into blind people's dream?
Yes of cos ,
Wt dia vision extract i can!

.Bleep Dont track me cos is dangerous ,am just humans wt flesh and fun nature like youxxx
Re: Do Blind People Dream? by Olusholasimon(m): 3:29pm On Jul 05, 2019
Cc lalasticlala
Re: Do Blind People Dream? by Nobody: 3:34pm On Jul 05, 2019
Olusholasimon:
Wow ! This is one of the mystery that I've always wonder about,I've asked people but they all seem not to get my point.
People say "we only dream of what we see/think about" but those who are born blind can not visualize anything because they don't have anything in memory.
I think they can dream but may not be able to identify what they've seen. Even if it's human being because they probably don't know how physically shaped human are.
What exactly do you mean by "..they don't have anything in memory" ?
Re: Do Blind People Dream? by Olusholasimon(m): 3:40pm On Jul 05, 2019
GeniusWannabe:

What exactly do you mean by "..they don't have anything in memory" ?
What I mean is not by the word or what they've been taught, I mean vision.
A lady (who loves circular music) once told me that she dreamt of Naira Marley, for me I don't really know that guy so I won't be able to identify him even if I dreamt about him.
They don't have anything in memory through their eyes so they can't identify what they see in dreams
Re: Do Blind People Dream? by ubunja(m): 3:41pm On Jul 05, 2019
I once read they dreamed on what they knew: smells, sounds etc
Re: Do Blind People Dream? by Nobody: 3:53pm On Jul 05, 2019
Olusholasimon:

What I mean is not by the word or what they've been taught, I mean vision.
A lady (who loves circular music) once told me that she dreamt of Naira Marley, for me I don't really know that guy so I won't be able to identify him even if I dreamt about him.
They don't have anything in memory through their eyes so they can't identify what they see in dreams
Thanks for the clarification in your first sentence.

Dreams also have to do with auditory senses. If blind people without visual memory do not have auditory problems, don't you think there's a possibility for them to identify peculiar things in their dreams?

For example, in the case you just cited wherein the said lady dreamt about Naira Marley. If a blind person heard his voice from one of his songs, went ahead to see an image of someone singing (not necessarily that same song) with the same voice. Don't you think that would give them a clue as to how certain things look in reality? In that case, I think it would be necessary to have one on one contact with blind persons.
Re: Do Blind People Dream? by Nobody: 3:55pm On Jul 05, 2019
Amatarasha:
Yes of cos ,
Wt dia vision extract i can!

.Bleep Dont track me cos is dangerous ,am just humans wt flesh and fun nature like youxxx

Has someone from NL tried to track you before?
Re: Do Blind People Dream? by Nobody: 4:03pm On Jul 05, 2019
GeniusWannabe:

Dreams also have to do with auditory senses. If blind people without visual memory do not have auditory problems, don't you think there's a possibility for them to identify peculiar things in their dreams?

For example, in the case you just cited wherein the said lady dreamt about Naira Marley. If a blind person heard his voice from one of his songs, went ahead to see an image of someone singing (not necessarily that same song) with the same voice. Don't you think that would give them a clue as to how certain things look in reality? In that case, I think it would be necessary to have one on one contact with blind persons.

But what kind of image would a human being take in their dream since they've not seen one?
Re: Do Blind People Dream? by Nobody: 4:10pm On Jul 05, 2019
Dudeweedlmao:

But what kind of image would a human being take in their dream since they've not seen one?

Lol. If the basis of this question stems from the conclusion that what we see physically is what forms the contents of our dreams, then an answer is quite farfetched, probably something still under research.

1 Like

Re: Do Blind People Dream? by Olusholasimon(m): 4:42pm On Jul 05, 2019
GeniusWannabe:

I love this & I must thank you for that point you raised again.
I'm not so sure about voices in dreams,I'm used to having dreams & I can't really cite a specific tone/voice recognition that can help a blind being in identifying the speaker but I can say "the styles/) or familiar manner through which the voice sound might help.
I hope I will be able to receive a clearer verdict about this issue from the real source who has the experience because whenever I tried to reason it with people around me they always think the other way round like are you blind or something.
I think blind people can dream but the dimension though which they can understand it might be difficult to explain for those who can see.
We have some who can feel the ray of lights while some are completely darkened no matter how bright the light is.
Re: Do Blind People Dream? by Olusholasimon(m): 4:43pm On Jul 05, 2019
Dudeweedlmao:

I think they will see but they won't know what name or what object they see, even they won't know the differences between a tree and human
Re: Do Blind People Dream? by Olusholasimon(m): 4:44pm On Jul 05, 2019
ubunja:
I once read they dreamed on what they knew: smells, sounds etc
I agreed with this, but they may not be able to explain it

(1) (Reply)

Happy Sunday Guys / Wide Sexual Desire / Most Of The Females Here Claiming Feminism Here Are Nothing In Reality

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.