Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,031 members, 7,818,045 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:54 AM

Eko Atlantic: A Look Nigeria's Most Expensive Place To Live - Properties (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Eko Atlantic: A Look Nigeria's Most Expensive Place To Live (68882 Views)

Eko Atlantic Newest Updates In Pictures / ABC Orjiakor Buys Eko Atlantic Afren Tower / Eko Atlantic Taking Shape - Latest Beautiful Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Eko Atlantic: A Look Nigeria's Most Expensive Place To Live by shogsman(m): 9:06pm On Jul 06, 2019
ChiefkeefGB4:

Banana Island is similar to the worst neighbourhood in an North American or European city

You people that has never left the confines of your town just keep saying things you have zero idea about.

2 Likes

Re: Eko Atlantic: A Look Nigeria's Most Expensive Place To Live by ibietela2(m): 9:16pm On Jul 06, 2019
AutoReportNG:

cheesycheesycheesy not really... Being on blogger from the beginning

Oh, I thought you were autojosh
Re: Eko Atlantic: A Look Nigeria's Most Expensive Place To Live by Nobody: 9:25pm On Jul 06, 2019
phelonrays:
for ya dream abigringrincheesycheesy

It all starts with a dream

1 Like

Re: Eko Atlantic: A Look Nigeria's Most Expensive Place To Live by Infinityk: 9:55pm On Jul 06, 2019
ClintonNzedimma:

Hogwash, i watched a guy do a review of some of the apartments there, alot of Americans testified that it's too expensive and it's below par. What is going on in eko Atlantic City is not world class, it's just average but it's spectacular to the average Nigerian like me, that's his point. I don't see special about banana island by world standard, if you ask people they will they will say it's for the big wigs in Naija...
I agree, you ask again they say they have good roads, electricity, security and water. I will be like so basic amenities are now being celebrated as big man thing? We must learn to rise above mediocrity. It's not out fault, I blame every Nigerian above 60 years of age for the mess they created

It's anambra that is world class
Go and build your own na
Mtchew,chest beaters
Re: Eko Atlantic: A Look Nigeria's Most Expensive Place To Live by ClintonNzedimma(m): 10:01pm On Jul 06, 2019
Infinityk:

It's anambra that is world class
Go and build your own na
Mtchew,chest beaters
Typical nairalander, you think everything is about tribe, you are very stupid, go and get a job your convoluted cluster load of foolishness.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Eko Atlantic: A Look Nigeria's Most Expensive Place To Live by Infinityk: 10:05pm On Jul 06, 2019
ClintonNzedimma:

Typical nairalander, you think everything is about tribe, you are very stupid, go and get a job your convoluted cluster load of foolishness.
See ,don't lemme curse u oo
U and Those your useless ppl who full nairaland and abuse Yorubas day night on a site also owned by a Yoruba
No let me curse u oo
I was reading d comments
Out of every tribe in Nigeria
I knew a particular group of ppl will show their foolishness
Re: Eko Atlantic: A Look Nigeria's Most Expensive Place To Live by ClintonNzedimma(m): 10:07pm On Jul 06, 2019
Infinityk:

See ,don't lemme curse u oo
U and Those your useless ppl who full nairaland and abuse Yorubas day night on a site also owned by a Yoruba
No let me curse u oo
I was reading d comments
Out of every tribe in Nigeria
I knew a particular group of ppl will show their foolishness
Are you of single digit IQ or not. or you are just pretending to be foolish, I love Yoruba people, they are very nice to me. not everyone here wants to engage in stupid discussions

1 Like

Re: Eko Atlantic: A Look Nigeria's Most Expensive Place To Live by eyeview: 10:13pm On Jul 06, 2019
Benekruku:

You point is not feasible. You never put health, safety and logistices into consideraton. This is not Europe or America. I gave you enough time to look into all this factor before you come up with a point. Now you talking about rearing cattles 6000km away and transporting its product down to were the consumers are.

Sir, Your point is void and not logical with regards to Nigeria.

Those that transport their goods like yam, palm oil, poultry, etc from their areas of production to the markets, do they have 2 heads?
Please how old are you? It's becoming embarrassing chatting with you.

1 Like

Re: Eko Atlantic: A Look Nigeria's Most Expensive Place To Live by INTEGRITYA1(m): 10:27pm On Jul 06, 2019
The Center Of Excellence.
Re: Eko Atlantic: A Look Nigeria's Most Expensive Place To Live by showafrica(m): 11:23pm On Jul 06, 2019
tstx:
Hmmm... I just finished watching Megaquake: an hour in Japan documentary... And i have this to say. Nothing fit carry me go live for near water... Tsunami is real. Just because it hasn't happened in Nigeria doesn't mean e no go happen one day...

Just one hurricane, the place will lay low

I build websites and I am based in Abuja, see my signature (09011639568) no advance payment

1 Like

Re: Eko Atlantic: A Look Nigeria's Most Expensive Place To Live by Benekruku(m): 12:14am On Jul 07, 2019
[s]
eyeview:

Those that transport their goods like yam, palm oil, poultry, etc from their areas of production to the markets, do they have 2 heads?
Please how old are you? It's becoming embarrassing chatting with you.
[/s]
Re: Eko Atlantic: A Look Nigeria's Most Expensive Place To Live by djon78(m): 12:55am On Jul 07, 2019
ChiefkeefGB4:

100...not until they travel outside the country they realise even the so called poor neighbourhood have the basic amenities that exist in Banana Island. Nigeria's fantastically corrupt leaders have reduced the population to penury without any basic amenities.

Yeah because many have not lived in countries were things are working
The condo I lived while as an international student was 100 times better than those rubbish they used to collect money from Nigerians in ikoyi in Lagos.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Eko Atlantic: A Look Nigeria's Most Expensive Place To Live by Nobody: 1:21am On Jul 07, 2019
shogsman:

You people that has never left the confines of your town just keep saying things you have zero idea about.
I have travelled to 6 countries)Canada,USA,Belgium,Germany,UK and Netherlands and trust me when I say the poor neighbourhoods in Europe or North America are on the same level with Banana Island-maybe not Eko Atlantic when completed.

2 Likes

Re: Eko Atlantic: A Look Nigeria's Most Expensive Place To Live by shogsman(m): 1:36am On Jul 07, 2019
ChiefkeefGB4:

I have travelled to 6 countries)Canada,USA,Belgium,Germany,UK and Netherlands and trust me when I say the poor neighbourhoods in Europe or North America are on the same level with Banana Island-maybe not Eko Atlantic when completed.

An average 200k home in America is no where near what we have in lekki and co.

2 Likes

Re: Eko Atlantic: A Look Nigeria's Most Expensive Place To Live by planetx: 1:36am On Jul 07, 2019
ChiefkeefGB4:

Banana Island is similar to the worst neighbourhood in an North American or European city
Banana Island is equal to the council flats of UK or the projects of Chicago or New York? My friend go and sleep, I doubt if you have ever traveled as you claim.

2 Likes

Re: Eko Atlantic: A Look Nigeria's Most Expensive Place To Live by Nobody: 1:40am On Jul 07, 2019
shogsman:

An average 200k home in America is no where near what we have in lekki and co.
Yes, the house in Lekki may be bigger-but the worst neighbourhood in Europe or America have the same amenities that are exclusive to residents in Lekki,Ikoyi,Banana Island or Eko Atlantic.

1 Like

Re: Eko Atlantic: A Look Nigeria's Most Expensive Place To Live by Nobody: 1:48am On Jul 07, 2019
Excaperx:

What is considered normal in a USA, UK, etc is what is luxury in Nigeria? Are we cursed?.

This thing is suppose to be cheap and be like normal societies in Nigeria
Re: Eko Atlantic: A Look Nigeria's Most Expensive Place To Live by Damlhaade01(m): 4:08am On Jul 07, 2019
Expensive na selling point?
Re: Eko Atlantic: A Look Nigeria's Most Expensive Place To Live by Ugosample(m): 9:17am On Jul 07, 2019
Excaperx:
I heard the place is own by Italian mafias funding it. It's still good though.

What is considered normal in a USA, UK, etc is what is luxury in Nigeria? Are we cursed?.

This thing is suppose to be cheap and be like normal societies in Nigeria

I won't agree with cheap

but I agree with normal

it should be a normal thing

1 Like

Re: Eko Atlantic: A Look Nigeria's Most Expensive Place To Live by Ugosample(m): 9:18am On Jul 07, 2019
planetx:
Banana Island is equal to the council flats of UK or the projects of Chicago or New York? My friend go and sleep, I doubt if you have ever traveled as you claim.

Banana island AT BEST would be an upscale middle class settlement in Los Angeles

Nigerian love, embrace and live in mediocrity

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Eko Atlantic: A Look Nigeria's Most Expensive Place To Live by Ugosample(m): 9:21am On Jul 07, 2019
Chimaokigwe:

Expensive slum that Igbos prefer to die there than go back to Alaigbo.

If only igbos can sit down together and use our brains, we can do something like this in Alaigbo. But no, Igbos prefer hunting other Igbos like wild animals.

Just come from abroad and enter SE, you have become an endangered specie.

what is this one saying? undecided

1 Like

Re: Eko Atlantic: A Look Nigeria's Most Expensive Place To Live by Ugosample(m): 9:25am On Jul 07, 2019
djon78:
Waste to me.
Lagos is messed up infrastructure wise and they are wasting money meant to upgrade Lagos infrastructure on a phantom pipe dream city.

Nigerian elites are very funny
They want to live a utopian dream of luxury in the midst of wretched poverty across the Land.
I blame the vision less and mediocre leadership we have around. Was this how world class mega cities like Dubai, Singapore, Hong Kong or even New York city developed?? Capital no

they want to build an enclave that will keep them away from the deplorable masses cheesy cheesy

they have done that in Abuja already

tongue

they don't want to live amidst wretched pipo cheesy cheesy

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Eko Atlantic: A Look Nigeria's Most Expensive Place To Live by tigger56: 9:31am On Jul 07, 2019
Ugosample:

Banana island AT BEST would be an upscale middle class settlement in Los Angeles

Nigerian love, embrace and live in mediocrity
I also doubt you’ve left the shores of naija. What middle class settlements in LA/ what neighborhood exactly. Because if you’ve been to LA you’d realize that it’s the worse American city to use making this comparison.

2 Likes

Re: Eko Atlantic: A Look Nigeria's Most Expensive Place To Live by Ugosample(m): 9:44am On Jul 07, 2019
tigger56:

I also doubt you’ve left the shores of naija. What middle class settlements in LA/ what neighborhood exactly. Because if you’ve been to LA you’d realize that it’s the worse American city to use making this comparison.

Banana island is not WORTH the price tag

and btw, I'm not a Nigerian resident
been to enough countries to fill up passport booklets (don't take it as bragging, I'm just clearing your doubt )

there is absolutely NO BASIS for that price tag.....

I'm surprised many disagree

it's just a basic devt at best.

Properties in Lagos, Accra and Luanda are just fvckin overpriced (the high end ones )
that is why the property market there are somewhat illiquid, because they do not reflect market values

I'll tell you a story

about how something could be overpriced if you care to listen

2 Likes

Re: Eko Atlantic: A Look Nigeria's Most Expensive Place To Live by Nobody: 10:06am On Jul 07, 2019
donbachi:
Dis is my plan for rivers state,when elected as a governor.

I endorse this post.
Re: Eko Atlantic: A Look Nigeria's Most Expensive Place To Live by rampantlover: 10:26am On Jul 07, 2019
Buhari cattles will take over Eko very soon grin grin cheesy grin

1 Like

Re: Eko Atlantic: A Look Nigeria's Most Expensive Place To Live by Emmzy201(m): 10:46am On Jul 07, 2019
donbachi:
Dis is my plan for rivers state,when elected as a governor.
u dey ya back
make your dream happen
Re: Eko Atlantic: A Look Nigeria's Most Expensive Place To Live by Mftivi: 10:57am On Jul 07, 2019
Ugosample:

Banana island is not WORTH the price tag

and btw, I'm not a Nigerian resident
been to enough countries to fill up passport booklets (don't take it as bragging, I'm just clearing your doubt )

there is absolutely NO BASIS for that price tag.....

I'm surprised many disagree

it's just a basic devt at best.

Properties in Lagos, Accra and Luanda are just fvckin overpriced (the high end ones )
that is why the property market there are somewhat illiquid, because they do not reflect market values

I'll tell you a story

about how something could be overpriced if you care to listen
I told my friend yesterday that banana island is just like a normal neighborhood in Nairobi where you pay $1k per month for a luxurious 4 bedroom serviced apartment.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Eko Atlantic: A Look Nigeria's Most Expensive Place To Live by Nobody: 1:52pm On Jul 07, 2019
Is Eko Atlantic even up to average cities like Port Elizabeth or East London in South Africa? We thrive on mediocrity in Nigeria and suffer from delusions of grandeur.
Epidemic corruption by the fantastically corrupt politicians and Ex military generals that resulted in a massive infrastructural deficit and lack of basic amenities is prevalent across the country.
Port Elizabeth, South Africa

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g_bx2NkgEnw

East London, South Africa

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZVN8yntMoFU

1 Like

Re: Eko Atlantic: A Look Nigeria's Most Expensive Place To Live by ikyTech(m): 4:26am On Jul 08, 2019
Chief calm down. I live in NYC. It's not a cheap place to live but it is not a man made island. However, there are a lot of very poor people living in Manhattan like every other city in the world. Please tell of a particular man made island that is cheap. In my opinion, land reclamation is neither cheap nor normal. If people want to shout about it to escape 'the heat' of Nigeria, allow them
djon78:

Yes the dude is right, these things are normal condos in cities like Dubai, Singapore, Hong Kong I have been to. Talk less of UK and US.

Take for example Manhattan in New York, is not for a poor man. That's where billionaires and multimillionaires reside. The luxury there is high class, top notch, where apartments goes for millions of dollars.
Re: Eko Atlantic: A Look Nigeria's Most Expensive Place To Live by oyonu(m): 3:39pm On Jul 08, 2019
BandAid:
Over hyped, overrated slum... Nigerians are quickly bought over by mediocre and below par projects. I have seen better stuff. You all have to get out of that sh.t hole of a country to see what great projects look like. A lot is happening on the other side and they are never blown out of proportion like this overrated bullshit. I am not impressed. On the contrary, I am underwhelmed. undecided
check your mail, i reply to your DM
Re: Eko Atlantic: A Look Nigeria's Most Expensive Place To Live by maisauki: 6:36pm On Jul 11, 2019
phelonrays:
for ya dream abigringrincheesycheesy
is it not good to dream

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Nigerian Cooking Makes House Smell: London Landlord Denies Gambian Accommodation / When The House Is Shared After The Death Of Its Owner (SEE BUILDING) / Beautiful Architectural Designs You Won't See In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.