Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,747 members, 7,824,148 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:43 AM

Nigerian Cooking Makes House Smell: London Landlord Denies Gambian Accommodation - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Nigerian Cooking Makes House Smell: London Landlord Denies Gambian Accommodation (69018 Views)

My Neighbor Denies Me Sleep With His Generator / Landlord Blasts Outgoing Tenants Over Toilet Misuse: "Are These Humans Or Pigs?" / Ghanaian Landlord Drinks Beer After His Arrest For Land Scam (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Cooking Makes House Smell: London Landlord Denies Gambian Accommodation by ikorodureporta: 6:29pm On Jan 15, 2020
RACE ROW Landlord accused of ‘shocking racism’ after she refuses to rent room to Gambian man as Africans ‘make the house smell’

A LANDLORD has been accused of race discrimination after banning African tenants from renting her property – because “they make the house smell”.

Ebrima Mboob, originally from Gambia, West Africa, arranged over Facebook to view a double room to rent in central London from landlord Elina Vimbsone.

Mr Mboob claims that once Ms Vimbsone realised where he was from, she back-peddled by declaring: “It’s only for European people”.

The 24-year-old – studying performing arts at the University of the Arts London – said he “could not believe it” when his viewing was abruptly cancelled because of his ethnicity.

He said: “I was completely shocked at the landlord’s response and I still am today.

“Growing up in England, I’ve experienced all types of racism, but this was the first time that I’ve experienced something this absurd.

“What makes it even more shocking is the fact she said ‘will be brilliant if you can make the time to come and view’, but soon changed her mind once she realised I was black.

“I wasn’t expecting her to even ask me about my background as I didn’t think it was relevant and she even had the nerve to say it wasn’t racist.

Mr Mboob added how the ordeal has left him feeling self-conscious when cooking African food in case other people have the same perception.

“She even tried to play it down by saying how she has Nigerian friends and that all their houses smell like what they cook,” he concluded.

“I’ve just moved in with new housemates and I’ve developed serious anxiety about cooking around them in case they hate the smell too.”

Source: https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.thescottishsun.co.uk/news/uk-news/5169826/landlord-accused-of-shocking-racism-after-she-refuses-to-rent-room-to-gambian-man-as-africans-make-the-house-smell/amp/

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Cooking Makes House Smell: London Landlord Denies Gambian Accommodation by MrBrownJay1(m): 6:54pm On Jan 15, 2020
what about them stinky indians and their food... is that one ok?!

156 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Nigerian Cooking Makes House Smell: London Landlord Denies Gambian Accommodation by ContractKiller: 9:55pm On Jan 15, 2020

148 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Nigerian Cooking Makes House Smell: London Landlord Denies Gambian Accommodation by darfay: 11:38pm On Jan 15, 2020
Especially one tribe that would not be named here

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigerian Cooking Makes House Smell: London Landlord Denies Gambian Accommodation by Nobody: 12:27am On Jan 16, 2020
ikorodureporta:
cheesy

when u just got a plot @ banana island

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigerian Cooking Makes House Smell: London Landlord Denies Gambian Accommodation by Nobody: 12:28am On Jan 16, 2020
darfay:
Especially one tribe that would not be named here

Ndi ofe ogili isi grin

88 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Nigerian Cooking Makes House Smell: London Landlord Denies Gambian Accommodation by ikorodureporta: 5:56am On Jan 16, 2020
ewedu + kpanla + kpomo + iru..... + Amala cheesy

“ She even tried to play it down by saying how she has Nigerian friends and that all their houses smell like what they cook,” he concluded.

78 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Cooking Makes House Smell: London Landlord Denies Gambian Accommodation by adedayoa2(f): 8:28am On Jan 16, 2020
ikorodureporta:
ewedu + kpanla + kpomo + iru..... + Amala cheesy

“ She even tried to play it down by saying how she has Nigerian friends and that all their houses smell like what they cook,” he concluded.
ogiri smells more than iru now

135 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Nigerian Cooking Makes House Smell: London Landlord Denies Gambian Accommodation by baillers123: 9:09am On Jan 16, 2020
Jonsing landlord

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Cooking Makes House Smell: London Landlord Denies Gambian Accommodation by Sunofgod(m): 9:09am On Jan 16, 2020
True talk...

8 Likes

Re: Nigerian Cooking Makes House Smell: London Landlord Denies Gambian Accommodation by BlackSeptember: 9:09am On Jan 16, 2020
I love my Nigerian foods anyday and anywhere.

P. S I mean Afang and not ewedu biko.

Yoruba people can cook smelly food with that iru or that funny smell they mix in their soup which makes them to fart

96 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Nigerian Cooking Makes House Smell: London Landlord Denies Gambian Accommodation by Kizzygentle: 9:10am On Jan 16, 2020
H
Re: Nigerian Cooking Makes House Smell: London Landlord Denies Gambian Accommodation by Nobody: 9:10am On Jan 16, 2020
igbo people can make even the entire office be smelling ogbono! my room mate in those days, cha!

don't allow Igbo people shake you after eating that food called Apu. Cha!

211 Likes 17 Shares

Re: Nigerian Cooking Makes House Smell: London Landlord Denies Gambian Accommodation by KingAzubuike(f): 9:11am On Jan 16, 2020
Most especially those people from the bottom left side of the map.

34 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigerian Cooking Makes House Smell: London Landlord Denies Gambian Accommodation by NaijadrivaCars: 9:11am On Jan 16, 2020
I wonder what part of Nigeria does their food smell I know that ofe Nsala, Oha, Egusi Etc do not smell but has good aroma. Maybe they can't Cook or obu Ndi ihe no na mmanu tongue

Na wa for that Landlord sha angry

64 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Cooking Makes House Smell: London Landlord Denies Gambian Accommodation by philip0906(m): 9:11am On Jan 16, 2020
Nothing new!!

In Nigeria here, you have Landlords who tell you explicitly that they don't want tenants from certain tribes.

144 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Nigerian Cooking Makes House Smell: London Landlord Denies Gambian Accommodation by Rekhina(f): 9:11am On Jan 16, 2020
Amala ewedu cooking... point of correction

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Cooking Makes House Smell: London Landlord Denies Gambian Accommodation by MANNABBQGRILLS: 9:11am On Jan 16, 2020
She even tried to play it down by saying how she has Nigerian friends and that all their houses smell like what they cook,” he concluded.
Na wa o.
Tins dey happen for dis obodo oyibo o.

Nothing can separate us from the love of edika ikong, ogbono and tuwo and efo riro.

God bless Nigeria.

Airoflaw:
is that not the same thing happening right here on nairaland check d comments above yet we expect oyibo not to be racist... Fake people everywhere
Hmmmm, this is deep.
You truly see some fools here already fighting and cursing themselves, and each other's tribe,
calling other tribes food shit.
Same people abusing the white landlady.
Stupid people they all are.

54 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Nigerian Cooking Makes House Smell: London Landlord Denies Gambian Accommodation by Ayofaks(f): 9:12am On Jan 16, 2020
That must be the work of okporoko and ogiri grin grin

79 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Cooking Makes House Smell: London Landlord Denies Gambian Accommodation by sotall(m): 9:12am On Jan 16, 2020
Na wa

She is just blunt.

The aroma of some food are unpleasant to the nose.

For me, any food that has iru doesn't appeal to me

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Cooking Makes House Smell: London Landlord Denies Gambian Accommodation by Slawormir: 9:12am On Jan 16, 2020
Damnnnnn niggarrr

What da fuckkkk

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Cooking Makes House Smell: London Landlord Denies Gambian Accommodation by OiOi: 9:13am On Jan 16, 2020
It's her home and she deserves good health... Although people might want to say it's racism

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Cooking Makes House Smell: London Landlord Denies Gambian Accommodation by 24kmagic: 9:13am On Jan 16, 2020
kiss
Re: Nigerian Cooking Makes House Smell: London Landlord Denies Gambian Accommodation by OiOi: 9:13am On Jan 16, 2020
It's her home and she deserves good health... Although people might want to say it's racism I think it's good she put her self first

22 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

When The House Is Shared After The Death Of Its Owner (SEE BUILDING) / Beautiful Architectural Designs You Won't See In Nigeria / Landlord Blasts Outgoing Tenants Over Toilet Misuse: "Are These Humans Or Pigs?"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.