Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,120 members, 7,818,360 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:29 PM

The COZA Story( Man's Own Idea Of Being Scandalous) - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The COZA Story( Man's Own Idea Of Being Scandalous) (479 Views)

Photos From The COZA Rape Protest In Abuja On Sunday / Deji Adeyanju Spotted At The COZA Protest, Composes A Song For Pastor Fatoyinbo / Ese Walter Of COZA Sex Scandal Separates From Husband (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The COZA Story( Man's Own Idea Of Being Scandalous) by Nobody: 4:42pm On Jul 05, 2019
This topic has been trending lately, and it has been burning my heart to talk on it. We've seen lately a tremendous trend of social media advocates and trend pacers already justifying the man of God, pastor Biodun fatoyinbo.

First of all, I'll like to point out that I'm not taking any side, whether is for Busola Dakolo or Pastor Biodun fatoyinbo. But what I'm trying to pass across to you brethren is WHAT DOES GOD THINK ON THE MATTER?, that is the question.

To judge a matter without having the understanding of what is God's view on this matter is to a very great degree laughable. With the help of social media, brethrens we've had potential judges using this medium to criticize people who they feel are helpless especially, when viewing the report from one side, which ought not to be so.

Even if Pastor Biodun did what he did, who says he's any less or has become persona non grata. Funny enough, most people who make these judgements on people in social media, just by judging on social media reports and statistics have secret sins, that they're aren't proud of but find the good opportunity to destroy a man with their words even the body of Christ, which is the church. This is wrong! God isn't a despot, He's patient and would judge from his own wisdom because HE IS GOD, and he expects us his children to judge matters like that and not from the greater good or majority.

In essence, beloved brethren and children of Christ and God. Do not be quick to judge a man just on mere facts or reports but do think about how God would judge a matter. Think about it, would he destroy the sinner immediately or snarl in disgust, with flaming fire of rage from his nostrils because of what a sinner has done or more to your understanding, why did God forgive you so easily and made you a Christian? If you get the point that is God's view on judging a matter, then act it.

God bless you, God forgives men and you should follow his ways. smiley

@Lalasticala, please sir do put this at front page the world and my brethren needs to see this.

Re: The COZA Story( Man's Own Idea Of Being Scandalous) by sholay2011(m): 5:17pm On Jul 05, 2019
This is a short-sighted take on the issue at hand. What you keep ignoring is that there is SIN, and there is CRIME. The former is against God (and He has the prerogative to forgive you), and the latter is against man (and you usually suffer the consequences, mostly legal).

What the Pastor is being accused of (rape) is both SIN and CRIME. The fact that it is a crime makes it worthy of investigation and legal consequences if found guilty. It is only naïve to start saying 'let he without sin cast the first stone' in the case of alleged rape.

Fornication is a sin; rape is a sin, alongside a crime.

3 Likes

Re: The COZA Story( Man's Own Idea Of Being Scandalous) by Righteousness89(m): 6:02pm On Jul 05, 2019
Eberejesus111:
This topic has been trending lately, and it has been burning my heart to talk on it. We've seen lately a tremendous trend of social media advocates and trend pacers already justifying the man of God, pastor Biodun fatoyinbo.

First of all, I'll like to point out that I'm not taking any side, whether is for Busola Dakolo or Pastor Biodun fatoyinbo. But what I'm trying to pass across to you brethren is WHAT DOES GOD THINK ON THE MATTER?, that is the question.

To judge a matter without having the understanding of what is God's view on this matter is to a very great degree laughable. With the help of social media, brethrens we've had potential judges using this medium to criticize people who they feel are helpless especially, when viewing the report from one side, which ought not to be so.

Even if Pastor Biodun did what he did, who says he's any less or has become persona non grata. Funny enough, most people who make these judgements on people in social media, just by judging on social media reports and statistics have secret sins, that they're aren't proud of but find the good opportunity to destroy a man with their words even the body of Christ, which is the church. This is wrong! God isn't a despot, He's patient and would judge from his own wisdom because HE IS GOD, and he expects us his children to judge matters like that and not from the greater good or majority.

In essence, beloved brethren and children of Christ and God. Do not be quick to judge a man just on mere facts or reports but do think about how God would judge a matter. Think about it, would he destroy the sinner immediately or snarl in disgust, with flaming fire of rage from his nostrils because of what a sinner has done or more to your understanding, why did God forgive you so easily and made you a Christian? If you get the point that is God's view on judging a matter, then act it.

God bless you, [b]God forgives men [/b]and you should follow his ways. smiley

@Lalasticala, please sir do put this at front page the world and my brethren needs to see this.

You are Right ! But GOD ALMIGHTY forgives when we ask for Forgiveness...

1 Like

Re: The COZA Story( Man's Own Idea Of Being Scandalous) by Nobody: 8:18pm On Jul 05, 2019
Righteousness89:

You are Right ! But GOD ALMIGHTY forgives when we ask for Forgiveness...

Yes, that's why He's God. The beautiful part of it, is that he has even forgiven you before you even come to ask him, that's how sweet He is. smiley
Re: The COZA Story( Man's Own Idea Of Being Scandalous) by Nobody: 8:22pm On Jul 05, 2019
sholay2011:
This is a short-sighted take on the issue at hand. What you keep ignoring is that there is SIN, and there is CRIME. The former is against God (and He has the prerogative to forgive you), and the latter is against man (and you usually suffer the consequences, mostly legal).

What the Pastor is being accused of (rape) is both SIN and CRIME. The fact that it is a crime makes it worthy of investigation and legal consequences if found guilty. It is only naïve to start saying 'let he without sin cast the first stone' in the case of alleged rape.

Fornication is a sin; rape is a sin, alongside a crime.

Very true, I'm not refuting these claims dear brother, but my main issue is judgement done on someone or anyone in social media and every man and sunder follows suit because of the greater good.

And yes, there's man's own punishment for his own sins done by perpetrators in his society. But as Christians I am edifying us, not to follow the crowd. They know not what they do, but we ( being Christians) have the greater wisdom and we do know that God's judgement is greater than man's judgement.

Rape is no different than stealing, or murder or lying according to God's own view but man has accustomed these sins to suit himself, thereby making one sin in his society greater than the other.

An example worth noting is Homosexuality, did you know that in the 19th to 20th century, this was sin as a great sin in the society, that even people who practiced such, were killed instantly. But look at it now, this is now a sin, the world is advocating for as a normal way of life. You get the point, my beloved brother? smiley
Re: The COZA Story( Man's Own Idea Of Being Scandalous) by sholay2011(m): 8:54pm On Jul 05, 2019
Eberejesus111:

Very true, I'm not refuting these claims dear brother, but my main issue is judgement done on someone or anyone in social media and every man and sunder follows suit because of the greater good.

And yes, there's man's own punishment for his own sins done by perpetrators in his society. But as Christians I am edifying us, not to follow the crowd. They know not what they do, but we ( being Christians) have the greater wisdom and we do know that God's judgement is greater than man's judgement.

Rape is no different than stealing, or murder or lying according to God's own view but man has accustomed these sins to suit himself, thereby making one sin in his society greater than the other.

An example worth noting is Homosexuality, did you know that in the 19th to 20th century, this was sin as a great sin in the society, that even people who practiced such, were killed instantly. But look at it now, this is now a sin, the world is advocating for as a normal way of life. You get the point, my beloved brother? smiley
Man is not God.

Crime is different from sin. All crimes are mostly sins before God, but not all sins are a crime before man. The fact that God considers all sins equal does not invalidate the severity of certain crimes. If you notice, what is usually considered crime are things that do not involve the consent of all parties involved: rape, theft, murder etc.

My point is your thread is somehow as this 'God's judgment is not man's judgment palaver' is a slippery slope that we shouldn't even embark in the first place. Of course, God's judgment is different from man's and as Christians, we should acknowledge THE TWO because while we are God's children by His grace, we are currently in our earthly bodies, hence, subject to man's judgment as well.

It's like saying a Christian Judge should free a murderer because he has truthfully repented and God has forgiven him. It doesn't make sense.

1 Like

Re: The COZA Story( Man's Own Idea Of Being Scandalous) by Nobody: 11:24pm On Jul 05, 2019
sholay2011:

Man is not God.

Crime is different from sin. All crimes are mostly sins before God, but not all sins are a crime before man. The fact that God considers all sins equal does not invalidate the severity of certain crimes. If you notice, what is usually considered crime are things that do not involve the consent of all parties involved: rape, theft, murder etc.

My point is your thread is somehow as this 'God's judgment is not man's judgment palaver' is a slippery slope that we shouldn't even embark in the first place. Of course, God's judgment is different from man's and as Christians, we should acknowledge THE TWO because while we are God's children by His grace, we are currently in our earthly bodies, hence, subject to man's judgment as well.

It's like saying a Christian Judge should free a murderer because he has truthfully repented and God has forgiven him. It doesn't make sense.

In fact I'll really like to surprise you. Did you know that this present generation of Christians are indeed gods. God, the very God lives in everyone of us, yes! Psalm 85:6 says I have said you are god's and all of you are the children of the most high...

This is the privelge Christians have in the earth today. The thing dear brethren, is this God in himself cannot come down from heaven and fight man's battle, he uses a medium. Yes the same way any other spirit, from the spirit world uses a medium. God is a spirit being and he uses man, because man is a spirit too, to cause wonders.

Now we having God in us, as Christians have the privilege to make accurate judgement as he does and not criticize based on in quote "Man's own crime". It ought not to be so for Christians, we are genuine species, godly bred and do not pollute ourselves with the worlds way of thinking. We think the way God thinks on any matter.

God bless you dear brethren smiley

(1) (Reply)

Priesthood And Laity! Warning: This Message Is Not For Everyone. / What People Need To Know About The Inscription On This Bus / SHOCKING!! Kenyan Bishop Snatches Man’s Wife After Presiding Over Their Wedding

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.