Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,092 members, 7,814,806 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 08:13 PM

PDP Didn’t Give Me Fair Hearing – Elumelu - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PDP Didn’t Give Me Fair Hearing – Elumelu (2291 Views)

Mutfwang To Supreme Court: "I Wasn't Given Fair Hearing At The Appeal Court" / We Didn’t Give Dangote License For Fuel Import ― NNPCL / MURIC To Obi: Confirm Or Deny ‘yes Daddy’ Leaked Audio For Fair Hearing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: PDP Didn’t Give Me Fair Hearing – Elumelu by Shuku0kukobambi: 7:23am On Jul 06, 2019
Amitez:

Elumelu would be recalled . PDP is not APC and Delta North is predominantly PDP

You still don't know that he has the full backing of Okowa and Delta North led by Nwaoboshi? You actually think Elumelu just woke up and decided to defy Secondus and Wike NWC?
Re: PDP Didn’t Give Me Fair Hearing – Elumelu by SouthEastFacts: 8:25am On Jul 06, 2019
masseratti:
one thing about internet is that it does not forget.... Parliamentary system are different all over the world but they have some things in common. Now you mentioned two go and Google it, how was Pelosi elected, how is the current PM of UK been elected, mind you they are both different Democratic systems and the their leadership is not imposing anyone on them Google is your friend read about .
Minority Leader in the US is the leader of the party in the congress, he drives the party's national agenda.

The national leadership chooses them and once you are a minority leader, you are automatically the Speaker presumptive. Pelosi knows she would be speaker the moment DNC took charge of the Reps.

Gbaja is just setting himself up for failure. I believe you have led one time in your life and I am sure you understand how soul-crushing it is to have even one dissident, just one.

You saw how Saraki suffered, you saw how Ndume suffered when he took the Senate Leader ahead of Lawan.

Globally, the official opposition party is the party with second largest votes. There is nothing like oppositions coming together to select a leader unless there was a coalition.

Personally, I supported Gbaja because I see him as someone sensible, just as I am supporting Osinbanjo if Atiku fails to come.

Seriously, I don't like Chinda but he is the choice of our party and everyone that won the platform of our party must subject to party supremacy.

We will expel Elumelu and he is from the part of Delta that don't support APC bullshitt. It would be a game over for him.

Gbaja should respect his grey beards.
Re: PDP Didn’t Give Me Fair Hearing – Elumelu by masseratti: 9:15am On Jul 06, 2019
SouthEastFacts:

Minority Leader in the US is the leader of the party in the congress, he drives the party's national agenda.

The national leadership chooses them and once you are a minority leader, you are automatically the Speaker presumptive. Pelosi knows she would be speaker the moment DNC took charge of the Reps.

Gbaja is just setting himself up for failure. I believe you have led one time in your life and I am sure you understand how soul-crushing it is to have even one dissident, just one.

You saw how Saraki suffered, you saw how Ndume suffered when he took the Senate Leader ahead of Lawan.

Globally, the official opposition party is the party with second largest votes. There is nothing like oppositions coming together to select a leader unless there was a coalition.

Personally, I supported Gbaja because I see him as someone sensible, just as I am supporting Osinbanjo if Atiku fails to come.

Seriously, I don't like Chinda but he is the choice of our party and everyone that won the platform of our party must subject to party supremacy.

We will expel Elumelu and he is from the part of Delta that don't support APC bullshitt. It would be a game over for him.

Gbaja should respect his grey beards.
Pelosi was the minority leader, she was the speaker before the democrats lost their majority in the congress and no she is not the leader of the party in the USA there is still the minority leader in the senate for the democrats and they have a party chairman... So get your facts right.... Pelosi almost lost her seat when the Republicans got the majority in the house some members of congress wanted her out... But the majority stocked with her... The leaders of the congress are elected not nominated by the leaders of the party outside of the party, party supremacy yes but the rules says the members in the house has to choose their leaders not members outside of the assembly, if PDP is democratic why can't the chairman go with the choice of the majority member of pdp in the house why?
Re: PDP Didn’t Give Me Fair Hearing – Elumelu by SouthEastFacts: 10:44am On Jul 06, 2019
masseratti:
Pelosi was the minority leader, she was the speaker before the democrats lost their majority in the congress and no she is not the leader of the party in the USA there is still the minority leader in the senate for the democrats and they have a party chairman... So get your facts right.... Pelosi almost lost her seat when the Republicans got the majority in the house some members of congress wanted her out... But the majority stocked with her... The leaders of the congress are elected not nominated by the leaders of the party outside of the party, party supremacy yes but the rules says the members in the house has to choose their leaders not members outside of the assembly, if PDP is democratic why can't the chairman go with the choice of the majority member of pdp in the house why?
You are quoting me out of context.

I didn't say Pelosi is the Leader of the DNC, she was the leader of the party at the HoR and drives the party's agenda.

DNC chose her as Minority leader while the Democrat Reps formalized their party's wish.

PDP is the official leader of the opposition not Chinda or Elumelu, as such PDP has right to choose who will push their legislative agenda.

NWC chose Chinda and all dissident must be subject to that. Elumelu is a very important party member we would not love to lose but we will expel him if he continues to desecrate our party wishes.
Re: PDP Didn’t Give Me Fair Hearing – Elumelu by masseratti: 11:04am On Jul 06, 2019
SouthEastFacts:

You are quoting me out of context.

I didn't say Pelosi is the Leader of the DNC, she was the leader of the party at the HoR and drives the party's agenda.

DNC chose her as Minority leader while the Democrat Reps formalized their party's wish.

PDP is the official leader of the opposition not Chinda or Elumelu, as such PDP has right to choose who will push their legislative agenda.

NWC chose Chinda and all dissident must be subject to that. Elumelu is a very important party member we would not love to lose but we will expel him if he continues to desecrate our party wishes.
DNC did not choose Pelosi as a leader infact they don't choose anyone... They leave everything to the process... Pelosi was "elected" in 2002 after the former minority leader resigned to seek election to be president, she was never nominated by the DNC chairman or leadership, what various party leaders in Nigeria are doing is totally wrong, same thing APC tried to do and Saraki /Dogara taught them a bitter lesson... The leadership of the party can have their own preferred candidates but the only one the speaker can announce is the name presented by the majority members of a party caucus as their leader not the party chairmen.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

"Miyetti Allah Is Not A Terrorist Group, IPOB Is" - Kemi Olunoyo / BIAFRA : Nnamdi Kanu Blasts Pa Edwin Clark, Calls Him Names / Judge transfers suit seeking to nullify APC NEC meeting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.