Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,207 members, 7,815,207 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:00 AM

How ₦2500 Good Gesture From Petrol Attendant To A Customer Earned Him ₦12.4m - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / How ₦2500 Good Gesture From Petrol Attendant To A Customer Earned Him ₦12.4m (670 Views)

Car Wash Attendant Crashes A Client’s Benz On His Way To Get Soap In Edo State / Airpeace: Onyema On Board As Flight Attendant In Training (Video, Photo) / My Flight Experience With A Flight Attendant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How ₦2500 Good Gesture From Petrol Attendant To A Customer Earned Him ₦12.4m by obafemee80(m): 7:24pm On Jul 05, 2019

When South African petrol attendant Nkosikho Mbele borrowed 21-year-old motorist, Monet Van Deventer, R100 (₦2,536) to fuel her car - after forgoting her bank card at home - he had no idea that his act of kindness would return tenfold as a half a million rand.

Days after Nkosikho Mbele's good gesture, Monet van Deventer started a crowdfunding campaign with the aim of raising R100,000 for his 28-year-old helper.

Within three days, it had raised R490,000 (or ₦12.4 million). In addition to the almost half a million rand he received from his crowd fund, he also received R500,000 (or ₦12.7 million) from Shell to donate to a charity of his choice.

Speaking to South African Magazine, Nkosikho explained he was happy with all that has been given to him. He also said he did what he did because it was the right thing to do.

“I am happy that my efforts of helping others are being recognized and passed on to others who also need it the most”

“I didn’t expect any of this for real, I was just helping someone, and the rest was God’s doing”

Nkosikho Mbele, who currently stays with his mother, brother and two children, also spoke about the money that was given directly to him from the Backabuddy crowd fund and his decision not have it transferred to him in cash.

“I cannot be in possession of such a huge amount of money in my bank account, and can you imagine what people would do to me or my family?”

“I asked BackaBuddy to make special provisions of the money, for my two children instead.”

Nkosikho Mbele has been nominated to represent South Africa at the next Shell Global Service Excellence Awards. He is also expected to travel to Zanzibar this month, where he will be celebrated at their Regional Service Excellence Awards.

What Do You Think? 

https://autojosh.com/how-a-n2500-good-gesture-from-south-african-petrol-attendant-to-s-customer-earned-him-n12-4m/

Cc Lalasticlala Mynd44

1 Like

Re: How ₦2500 Good Gesture From Petrol Attendant To A Customer Earned Him ₦12.4m by Tolexander: 7:34pm On Jul 05, 2019
It pays to help the needy, we may never know if it is an angel sent in human form.

Had he not helped the man, that is how he would have missed his opportunity of becoming a millionaire.

2 Likes

Re: How ₦2500 Good Gesture From Petrol Attendant To A Customer Earned Him ₦12.4m by tillaman(m): 7:42pm On Jul 05, 2019
Way to go!!
Sometimes it pays to be nice to people you never know who is who!! But the society today is filled with lots of liars, some people would
Walk up to you and tell you stories about how they can’t afford to pay up dialysis expenses of their hailing mother or child and all you end up giving them a helping hand out of the little you have only to see them again the next day with the same story!!

1 Like

Re: How ₦2500 Good Gesture From Petrol Attendant To A Customer Earned Him ₦12.4m by Nobody: 7:53pm On Jul 05, 2019
Alot have lost fortunes in the name of good gestures.

(1) (Reply)

What's The Meaning Of Akata / Touring South Africa / Town With Constant Electricity In Anambra And Enugu States

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.