Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,819 members, 7,817,389 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:23 AM

Sanwo-olu Wants To Jail Us All – Nigerian Reacts To The New Lagos Traffic Laws - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Sanwo-olu Wants To Jail Us All – Nigerian Reacts To The New Lagos Traffic Laws (689 Views)

Lagos Traffic Laws And Penalties / Break Any Of These Traffic Laws In Nigeria, See The Fines You Will Pay – FRSC / The New Lagos State Traffic Laws And Penalties (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sanwo-olu Wants To Jail Us All – Nigerian Reacts To The New Lagos Traffic Laws by AutoJoshNG: 7:55am On Jul 06, 2019
From the look of things, traffic sanity is one of the priorities of the new Lagos state governor, Babajide Sanwo-Olu.

Lagos state is in for any traffic offender; they already have a special court for traffic offenders where they will be tried when caught. Added to that is the 36 Lagos State Traffic Law and The New Fines.

Traffic offense has been placed on entirely another level where forfeiture of your car can serve as a penalty.

A Nigerian after seeing all these laws lamented. From what he wrote on Facebook, he implies that Sanwo-Olu of Lagos just want to jail everybody; maybe all the traffic laws are hard to keep.

Read his Facebook post below;

Do you think the penalties for the various traffic offenses are way too much and should be reviewed?

Source: https://autojosh.com/sanwo-olu-jail-us-nigerian-reacts-lagos-traffic-laws/
Re: Sanwo-olu Wants To Jail Us All – Nigerian Reacts To The New Lagos Traffic Laws by ZoeyJ(f): 7:57am On Jul 06, 2019
Three months in jail for eating in my own car
Re: Sanwo-olu Wants To Jail Us All – Nigerian Reacts To The New Lagos Traffic Laws by oloriooko(m): 8:10am On Jul 06, 2019
AutoJoshNG:
From the look of things, traffic sanity is one of the priorities of the new Lagos state governor, Babajide Sanwo-Olu.

Lagos state is in for any traffic offender; they already have a special court for traffic offenders where they will be tried when caught. Added to that is the 36 Lagos State Traffic Law and The New Fines.

Traffic offense has been placed on entirely another level where forfeiture of your car can serve as a penalty.

A Nigerian after seeing all these laws lamented. From what he wrote on Facebook, he implies that Sanwo-Olu of Lagos just want to jail everybody; maybe all the traffic laws are hard to keep.

Read his Facebook post below;

Do you think the penalties for the various traffic offenses are way too much and should be reviewed?

Source: https://autojosh.com/sanwo-olu-jail-us-nigerian-reacts-lagos-traffic-laws/

Obey or go to jail shikena!
Nigerians will obey all traffic rules abroad but want to be carefree in Nigeria angry
Bro you better buckle up, the law has come to stay!

2 Likes

Re: Sanwo-olu Wants To Jail Us All – Nigerian Reacts To The New Lagos Traffic Laws by GraGra247(m): 8:30am On Jul 06, 2019
They've exhausted all avenues of looting public fund and there's nothing left to loot.

They now turn on the poor masses and slam ridiculous laws that'll implicate everyone.

I was once arrested for parking less than 2 minutes to check my tyres to avoid accident.

I clearly parked on a safe side of the road totally devoid of traffic obstruction.
Re: Sanwo-olu Wants To Jail Us All – Nigerian Reacts To The New Lagos Traffic Laws by Treasure17(m): 9:11am On Jul 06, 2019
ZoeyJ:
Three months in jail for eating in my own car
It's against traffic rules simple. What if in the process of eating, you lose concentration and crash occur. Safety first

1 Like

Re: Sanwo-olu Wants To Jail Us All – Nigerian Reacts To The New Lagos Traffic Laws by ifyalways(f): 11:33am On Jul 06, 2019
Where are the new traffic laws anyone?

2 Likes

Re: Sanwo-olu Wants To Jail Us All – Nigerian Reacts To The New Lagos Traffic Laws by ifyalways(f): 11:35am On Jul 06, 2019
Ah. I just saw the eating + driving thing cheesy

I rebuke the spirit of plantain chips on lagos road cheesy

Does chewing gum count as eating too?

Eko oni ogbanje

2 Likes

Re: Sanwo-olu Wants To Jail Us All – Nigerian Reacts To The New Lagos Traffic Laws by justwise(m): 1:39pm On Jul 06, 2019
GraGra247:
They've exhausted all avenues of looting public fund and there's nothing left to loot.

They now turn on the poor masses and slam ridiculous laws that'll implicate everyone.

I was once arrested for parking less than 2 minutes to check my tyres to avoid accident.

I clearly parked on a safe side of the road totally devoid of traffic obstruction.

You are part of the problem we have in Nigeria, why would you even eat while driving? We pray and ask for a change and when it comes we complain.

You prefer people dying because of avoidable mistake?
Re: Sanwo-olu Wants To Jail Us All – Nigerian Reacts To The New Lagos Traffic Laws by GraGra247(m): 1:54pm On Jul 06, 2019
justwise:

You are part of the problem we have in Nigeria, why would you even eat while driving? We pray and ask for a change and when it comes we complain.

You prefer people dying because of avoidable mistake?

I totally agree with you that eating and driving is dangerous and totally wrong. But my grievance is that their purpose and intent is to find avenues to obtain money from the common man and not that they care.

You and I are fully aware that the govt are very insensitive. Their high ranking officials will be the very ones that'll use one way, eat and drive and break these same laws.
Re: Sanwo-olu Wants To Jail Us All – Nigerian Reacts To The New Lagos Traffic Laws by EPIJOE: 6:19pm On Jul 06, 2019
THIS SANWO OLU OF A THING WOULD NOT PERFORM,. ALL ROADS ARE BAAD LEADING TO HEAVY TRAFFIC. LEKKI EPE EXPRESS NOW IS A DISASTER. DANGOTE TRAILERS, LACK OF DRAINAGE SYSTEMS..SPOILT THE ROAD.
Re: Sanwo-olu Wants To Jail Us All – Nigerian Reacts To The New Lagos Traffic Laws by justwise(m): 6:28pm On Jul 06, 2019
GraGra247:

I totally agree with you that eating and driving is dangerous and totally wrong. But my grievance is that their purpose and intent is to find avenues to obtain money from the common man and not that they care.

You and I are fully aware that the govt are very insensitive. Their high ranking officials will be the very ones that'll use one way, eat and drive and break these same laws.

I understand your concerns regarding the corruption issue but i support the road safety aspect of it

(1) (Reply)

Nigerians In Bahrain / German Transit Visa / Germany To Fly Out 7,000 Tourists Stuck In South Africa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.