Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,359 members, 7,836,465 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 08:20 AM

Work To Begin On Ishawo, Igbogbo Roads Soon - Sanwo-Olu - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Work To Begin On Ishawo, Igbogbo Roads Soon - Sanwo-Olu (10984 Views)

Market Street Road Project In Igbogbo Constructed By LCDA In Lagos State / See The Condition Of Roads In Igbogbo Ikorodu / Commercial Operations Begin On Lagos-ibadan Railway In September –NRC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Work To Begin On Ishawo, Igbogbo Roads Soon - Sanwo-Olu by olagbola45(m): 9:47am On Jul 06, 2019
celeiyke:
Dem never select commissioners for am?

d 1 your governor choose for himself what have done so far with dem?
Re: Work To Begin On Ishawo, Igbogbo Roads Soon - Sanwo-Olu by bentwood85(m): 9:50am On Jul 06, 2019
JEmma1:
That road needs urgent attention...!!

The road used to be very ok, before Amobode's government came up with the plan to expand the road in 2017, first phase was demolition of properties, thousands of people were rendered homeless. Next, the old roads were removed, and up till now 2019 nothing has been done.

I wonder what kind of government will put its citizens in pain just for their political interest.

I personally work in VI and I have to do a 30-45 minutes work form Asolo to Oriokuta bustop at 4 AM before getting vehicle to work. This is the routine when ever it raines. You can imagine the painful feeling, returning from work is the same to get home.

Not until the protests last month that got lagos state government's attention.

This is the present state
https://www.instagram.com/p/ByX_52WBqbK/?igshid=f1g9meo1rhg9
Bro your own better.... I stay at Isawo... After walking for 30/35 minutes, I have to cross the ALFA bridge/river....the water sometimes get to the waste...
We have been completely cut off from public transport.

1 Like

Re: Work To Begin On Ishawo, Igbogbo Roads Soon - Sanwo-Olu by celeiyke: 9:57am On Jul 06, 2019
Afamed:

Yes my brother, Oyo state PDP and Delta state PDP , they have not selected Commissioners for them too.

U are funny. Those states don't bow to one man. The man ur puppet bows to was rejected in Oyo. Trust Oyo men, they are not slaves like Lagos people
Re: Work To Begin On Ishawo, Igbogbo Roads Soon - Sanwo-Olu by dynamicinc: 10:12am On Jul 06, 2019
I left that poor environment due to back road
Re: Work To Begin On Ishawo, Igbogbo Roads Soon - Sanwo-Olu by wristbangle: 10:22am On Jul 06, 2019
The whole Lagos road is messed up
Re: Work To Begin On Ishawo, Igbogbo Roads Soon - Sanwo-Olu by MiddleDimension: 10:53am On Jul 06, 2019
AutoJoshNG:

The nightmare being experienced by commuters on Agric-Ishawo and Igbogbo Roads in Ikorodu area of Lagos State will soon be a thing of the past, Governor Babajide Sanwo-Olu declared on Thursday.

The Governor said he felt the pains of residents plying the abandoned routes, but disclosed that contractors would be fully mobilised for reconstruction work on the two roads, which he described as “critical” to the state’s economic wellbeing.

Sanwo-Olu made the revelation while on an inspection tour of Rice Mill and Industrial Park project being developed by the state government at Imota.

He said: “We are aware of two major critical roads that are in Ikorodu Division; the Igbogbo Road and Agric-Ishawo Road. Once the heaviness of the rains subsides, which is likely to be in couple of weeks away, we expect that the contractor will fully re-mobilise to the sites.

“I appeal to residents to bear with us, but we will take responsibility of the rehabilitation of these important roads. Government is a continuum and we are going to fulfill our campaign promises to complete all abandoned projects. We are appealing to our teaming citizens in Ikorodu to be patient. We know how critical these roads are to their wellbeing.

“I had been on these roads before and I know the conditions they are presently. It is for the people to exercise patience because for road construction, we need to be very tactical to ensure there is no wastage in materials. Once the rain subsides a little bit, the contractor will be fully mobilised to sites and Lagosians will begin to see major improvement on the two artery roads in Ikorodu.”

The Governor was joined on the tour by his deputy, Dr. Obafemi Hamzat, and Head of Service, Mr. Hakeem Muri-Okunola, among other top government officials.

Source: https://autojosh.com/work-begin-ishawo-igbogbo-road-sanwo-olu/

you Autojosh, what can you say about the roads in lagos?

1 Like

Re: Work To Begin On Ishawo, Igbogbo Roads Soon - Sanwo-Olu by sundayoluwatimi(m): 11:02am On Jul 06, 2019
That Ishawo road is an eyesore!
Re: Work To Begin On Ishawo, Igbogbo Roads Soon - Sanwo-Olu by xtrim1: 12:16pm On Jul 06, 2019
OlawaleSmarter0:
It is like Ambode did nothing during his tenure, but some fools said he was the best Lagos Governor ever and blame Lagosians for kicking him out.

Ambode was a big mistake. He really took Lagos backwards. Messed up all the roads, flopped waste management, drainages are bad. He was interested only in mega useless bus stops like Oshodi and ikeja.

2 Likes

Re: Work To Begin On Ishawo, Igbogbo Roads Soon - Sanwo-Olu by Ajokeade17: 12:59pm On Jul 06, 2019
xtrim1:

Ambode was a big mistake. He really took Lagos backwards. Messed up all the roads, flopped waste management, drainages are bad. He was interested only in mega useless bus stops like Oshodi and ikeja.
. You speak my mind.
Re: Work To Begin On Ishawo, Igbogbo Roads Soon - Sanwo-Olu by Afamed: 2:30pm On Jul 06, 2019
celeiyke:

U are funny. Those states don't bow to one man. The man ur puppet bows to was rejected in Oyo. Trust Oyo men, they are not slaves like Lagos people
You speak with 2 sides of your mouth
Re: Work To Begin On Ishawo, Igbogbo Roads Soon - Sanwo-Olu by armadeo(m): 3:38pm On Jul 06, 2019
Treasure17:
The focal point for this administration for now should be road causing unnecessary traffic. From toll gate to Abule Egba is so horrible. Abandoned inner roads should be fix too.

Also in that axis iju road to pen cinema is a horror.

1 Like

Re: Work To Begin On Ishawo, Igbogbo Roads Soon - Sanwo-Olu by celeiyke: 5:01pm On Jul 06, 2019
Afamed:

You speak with 2 sides of your mouth

U lack understanding
Re: Work To Begin On Ishawo, Igbogbo Roads Soon - Sanwo-Olu by themilkbooster: 5:33pm On Jul 06, 2019
JEmma1:
That road needs urgent attention...!!

The road used to be very ok, before Amobode's government came up with the plan to expand the road in 2017, first phase was demolition of properties, thousands of people were rendered homeless. Next, the old roads were removed, and up till now 2019 nothing has been done.

I wonder what kind of government will put its citizens in pain just for their political interest.

I personally work in VI and I have to do a 30-45 minutes work form Asolo to Oriokuta bustop at 4 AM before getting vehicle to work. This is the routine when ever it raines. You can imagine the painful feeling, returning from work is the same to get home.

Not until the protests last month that got lagos state government's attention.

This is the present state
https://www.instagram.com/p/ByX_52WBqbK/?igshid=f1g9meo1rhg9
I don’t know about this picture up there or where that is. But here at Igbogbo the victims of the demolished houses were paid handsomely and work had already started on the road before the election.
Re: Work To Begin On Ishawo, Igbogbo Roads Soon - Sanwo-Olu by JEmma1(m): 5:35pm On Jul 06, 2019
themilkbooster:
I don’t know about this picture up there or where that is. But here at Igbogbo the victims of the demolished houses were paid handsomely and work had already started on the road before the election.

The reverse is the case at Isawo - Agric road
Re: Work To Begin On Ishawo, Igbogbo Roads Soon - Sanwo-Olu by Holyman3(m): 6:07pm On Jul 06, 2019
Talk talk talk
Re: Work To Begin On Ishawo, Igbogbo Roads Soon - Sanwo-Olu by Damoche10: 8:17pm On Jul 06, 2019
Igbogbo is worse

(1) (2) (Reply)

Travelling To Cameroon This December / Visa To Norway / Lagos State Government To Close Costain Bridge Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.