Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,656 members, 7,823,859 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 04:38 PM

Jay-Jay Okocha: "Racism In Germany, I Never Knew I Was Black Until I Got There" - Sports (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Jay-Jay Okocha: "Racism In Germany, I Never Knew I Was Black Until I Got There" (96957 Views)

Jay-Jay Okocha And Nwankwo Kanu In A Group Photo With World Football Greats / Jay-Jay Okocha And Lionel Messi Pictured Together / Jay-Jay Okocha And Others Announce FIFA Best Awards Nominees. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jay-Jay Okocha: "Racism In Germany, I Never Knew I Was Black Until I Got There" by AreaFada2: 8:19pm On Jul 06, 2019
Abfinest007:
work without result.at the end hw many trophies did you win

AFCON 1994
Olympic gold 1996.

Prime Minister Cup (Turkey/Fernabace)
Ataturk Cup (Turkey)

Champion's Trophy (PSG France)

UEFA Intertoto Cup (PSG France).

AFCON Golden Boot 2004.

Not to mention AFCON best player 2004 and numerous other personal awards.

He had a great career.

Remember Europe was not as open for foreign players as it is now.

Okocha started from a third tier club called Borussia Neunkirchen in 1990. There were many good players who never made it out of third tier football back then. The world was a different place for African players in 1990.
That is why George Weah has remained so grateful to Arsene Wenger for taking him to Monaco in 1988 where he was until 1992.

Imagine if Okocha was taken from Enugu Rangers to Monaco in 1990.

1 Like

Re: Jay-Jay Okocha: "Racism In Germany, I Never Knew I Was Black Until I Got There" by grandstar(m): 8:24pm On Jul 06, 2019
Cioccolata:
How many ballon d'or did the dribbling got you?

What if the racism broke him? He felt he had to do something to regain his selfworth. Things like racism can make you feel worthless and unnecessarily self conscious.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jay-Jay Okocha: "Racism In Germany, I Never Knew I Was Black Until I Got There" by Admitwithschola: 8:26pm On Jul 06, 2019
Ubiudumo:

Oliver Kahn hates him to this day for that grin

Lies! Oliver Khan is actually his good friend!

If you argue more, I will give you proof.

Some of us just talk.
Re: Jay-Jay Okocha: "Racism In Germany, I Never Knew I Was Black Until I Got There" by 1000angstroms(m): 8:30pm On Jul 06, 2019
Cioccolata:
How many your whole family get?

1 Like

Re: Jay-Jay Okocha: "Racism In Germany, I Never Knew I Was Black Until I Got There" by Nobody: 8:39pm On Jul 06, 2019
Cioccolata:

Okpo, dribble de bring ballon d or?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jay-Jay Okocha: "Racism In Germany, I Never Knew I Was Black Until I Got There" by Kay25(m): 8:39pm On Jul 06, 2019
Cioccolata:
ode u won't celebrate your own them never sabi ur nairaland talk of this country not even to talk about u on a national TV u are here beefing a successful man shioor am too sure u cant even buy the kind shoe lace we okocha dey use till u go die

1 Like

Re: Jay-Jay Okocha: "Racism In Germany, I Never Knew I Was Black Until I Got There" by Zege7716: 8:41pm On Jul 06, 2019
NOL2dworld:
Jay jay case is a big prayer point oo grin

Oh Lord my God, don't let me work hard as Jay jay and achieve nothing..
He won d African Nations cup and Olympic gold with plenty of juicy contracts around Europe for different clubs he played for. And he is fantatiscally comfortable and not begging.
Re: Jay-Jay Okocha: "Racism In Germany, I Never Knew I Was Black Until I Got There" by Nobody: 8:46pm On Jul 06, 2019
Cioccolata:
If I call you a GOAT, then it’s an insult to my landlords goat, because everyone can see that even a goat is more intelligent than you
Your written English alone is an eyesore, you SHE-MALE.. it’s your type that hates on peoples success, and it’s not a curse but your type hardly go far in life. Change your hating mentality before it’s late..OKPO
Re: Jay-Jay Okocha: "Racism In Germany, I Never Knew I Was Black Until I Got There" by showafrica(m): 8:49pm On Jul 06, 2019
Germans are racists... Once upon a time at Frankfurt Airport, one small boy insulted both me and my African continent.. If no be waiting I Wan go do, I for show m sth
Re: Jay-Jay Okocha: "Racism In Germany, I Never Knew I Was Black Until I Got There" by focus7: 8:56pm On Jul 06, 2019
Cioccolata:

I read some of the response to your comments i prayed God should not give me a shameful son like you that will make people be throwing abuses at me just as you made your father received abuses innocently because of your senselessness.

2 Likes

Re: Jay-Jay Okocha: "Racism In Germany, I Never Knew I Was Black Until I Got There" by dedetosin: 9:03pm On Jul 06, 2019
Cioccolata:
How many ballon d'or did the dribbling “”got”” you?
How many F’s did your English get you?
Re: Jay-Jay Okocha: "Racism In Germany, I Never Knew I Was Black Until I Got There" by Olumyyde(m): 9:11pm On Jul 06, 2019
madjune:

I know.

Plural goes with that. Money and fame etc.

Just my creative licence on print.
And, i seek not to educate but understood.
Fine.
Re: Jay-Jay Okocha: "Racism In Germany, I Never Knew I Was Black Until I Got There" by Empiree: 9:12pm On Jul 06, 2019
Tolexander:
Oliver Kahn can attest to that

you reminded me of this guy. Been long I heard his name. Very good goalkeeper
Re: Jay-Jay Okocha: "Racism In Germany, I Never Knew I Was Black Until I Got There" by DavidEsq(m): 9:19pm On Jul 06, 2019
Chimaokigwe:

House slave, even if you must defend your masters, you should ask them to teach you their language correctly.

One would think your father hunting rats in the village has a cabinet full of trophies.
The Savagery here is on an another level cry . Shift lemme faint cry

Re: Jay-Jay Okocha: "Racism In Germany, I Never Knew I Was Black Until I Got There" by DavidEsq(m): 9:22pm On Jul 06, 2019
focus7:

I read some of the response to your comments i prayed God should not give me a shameful son like you that will make people be throwing abuses at me just as you made your father received abuses innocently because of your senselessness.
See as everybody wan give the guy e own contribution of slap grin

1 Like

Re: Jay-Jay Okocha: "Racism In Germany, I Never Knew I Was Black Until I Got There" by Ugosample(m): 9:23pm On Jul 06, 2019
Chimaokigwe:

House slave, even if you must defend your masters, you should ask them to teach you their language correctly.

One would think your father hunting rats in the village has a cabinet full of trophies.

what's your point?
Re: Jay-Jay Okocha: "Racism In Germany, I Never Knew I Was Black Until I Got There" by Ugosample(m): 9:26pm On Jul 06, 2019
salford1:
That is the rude awakening anyine who has ever lived in a white man countries encounter. Lived o, not visit.
When forms you fill for jobs or a lot of service would ask you to tick your race.

nothing wring with being black

once you embrace that

what others think of you won't matter

That is why I like the Koreans

Dem no send your papa message whether you like them or not

na you sabi

1 Like

Re: Jay-Jay Okocha: "Racism In Germany, I Never Knew I Was Black Until I Got There" by Fantazy(m): 9:31pm On Jul 06, 2019
NOL2dworld:
Jay jay case is a big prayer point oo grin

Oh Lord my God, don't let me work hard as Jay jay and achieve nothing..

Achieve nothing What is this one saying
Re: Jay-Jay Okocha: "Racism In Germany, I Never Knew I Was Black Until I Got There" by SalJay(m): 9:36pm On Jul 06, 2019
Cioccolata:
Ur mumu no be here �
Re: Jay-Jay Okocha: "Racism In Germany, I Never Knew I Was Black Until I Got There" by DimIsaac10(m): 9:44pm On Jul 06, 2019
Very silly player wei even Ighalo achieve pass.. Later some zombie go compare am with my messi .... Person wei no win shishi.. Home and abroad.... Even for Olympic, na substitute player but some zombie go call am Nigeria greatest...

If you like quote me as if its your business...
Re: Jay-Jay Okocha: "Racism In Germany, I Never Knew I Was Black Until I Got There" by Maxicoma: 9:47pm On Jul 06, 2019
Fool...he holds the record of most dribbles in a world cup match
Re: Jay-Jay Okocha: "Racism In Germany, I Never Knew I Was Black Until I Got There" by sunnymaja(m): 9:54pm On Jul 06, 2019
emeijeh:
Unfortunately, all the dribbling only gave you BBC player of the year (X3) cry
You don't understand football. Jay jay is celebrated and rich. Forget about prizes that are compromised
Re: Jay-Jay Okocha: "Racism In Germany, I Never Knew I Was Black Until I Got There" by Chimaokigwe: 9:57pm On Jul 06, 2019
Ugosample:

what's your point?

Ask me again.
Re: Jay-Jay Okocha: "Racism In Germany, I Never Knew I Was Black Until I Got There" by Kingosytex(m): 10:21pm On Jul 06, 2019
Olalekanharoon:

You be mumu

Rule 2 Broken: Mynd44 Seun Lalasticlala Ishilove Dominique, please send this thing to where it belongs
Re: Jay-Jay Okocha: "Racism In Germany, I Never Knew I Was Black Until I Got There" by Kingosytex(m): 10:24pm On Jul 06, 2019
Olalekanharoon:

You be mumu

See this thing o! wetin carry u come my comment?

Enjoy your ban in piss!
Re: Jay-Jay Okocha: "Racism In Germany, I Never Knew I Was Black Until I Got There" by golddeejay(m): 10:30pm On Jul 06, 2019
Okay, Okocha was a good skillful player. But not a great player.

But we Nigerians dey exaggerate.

Some go say na him teach Ronaldinho how to dribble...really?

He Sabi play pass Ronaldo, Messi, Ronaldinho, Rivaldo, Zidane, Giggs and others.

Some go say e suppose win balloon d'Or...how? With what Performance abeg. If na by legover, robinho suppose win like 3.

Football is about end product... Okocha no too get. Kanu had a better career.
Re: Jay-Jay Okocha: "Racism In Germany, I Never Knew I Was Black Until I Got There" by Kaysalas(m): 10:44pm On Jul 06, 2019
Cioccolata:
wink wink shocked shocked
Got or gotted? Simple English, you cannot spoke
Re: Jay-Jay Okocha: "Racism In Germany, I Never Knew I Was Black Until I Got There" by wwwtortoise(m): 10:56pm On Jul 06, 2019
tstx:
OKOCHA... The only Nigerian player that has his own ginger song..
That's how good the guy was..

Okocha idiegwu o, okocha idiegwu oo., okocha. Okocha idiegwu o, okocha idiegwu oo., okocha......

I build websites and I am based in Abuja, see my signature (09011639568) no advance payment

Whatsapp +234816two07339four
I have a job for you.
Re: Jay-Jay Okocha: "Racism In Germany, I Never Knew I Was Black Until I Got There" by Levi218(m): 11:27pm On Jul 06, 2019
Hahahaaa this man no go kill me
Re: Jay-Jay Okocha: "Racism In Germany, I Never Knew I Was Black Until I Got There" by ikennamadu1(m): 11:38pm On Jul 06, 2019
Cioccolata:
Every post u go rush comment..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Nigeria Vs Tanzania : AFCON Qualifier (0 - 0) ON 5th September 2015 / I'm A Beautiful Woman And I Want To Start A Family— Francisca Ordega / Presidents Macron & Kolinda Grabar-Kitarovic At The Russia 2018 Final (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.