Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,640 members, 7,813,139 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:42 AM

Love. Romance Thriller - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Love. Romance Thriller (416 Views)

The Bodyguard - An Action/romance Thriller / Fear No More (A Romance Thriller) / RESTLESS - An Action/Romance Thriller (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Love. Romance Thriller by steveblue809(m): 3:34pm On Jul 06, 2019
..Dedicated to everyone who still believes in the 4 letter word.

People believe that there is no such thing as perfect:The perfect life,perfect man,perfect woman,perfect day,perfect LOVE, well I use to believe that too until this day now I know that love can be perfect, when two imperfect people fall in love they make love perfect.
These were the thoughts going through my mind as my mum zipped my wedding dress.
"You look so beautiful Oma"she said with a teary smile.
"Thank you mum" I said as I hugged her,turning to my bridesmaids consisting of my three best friends Nkechi,Ada and Joy who were smiling and dabbing their faces gently to avoid smudging their makeup.
"Come on girls!!!,it's my wedding day not my funeral" I joked urging them to stop being cry babies.
"Its just that we never believed you would be the first to go off the market"joy who was the talkative amongst us said.
"Duh!! Whatever"I replied with an eye roll,turning to look myself over once again in the mirror I recalled how I met the love of my life.
I was just getting over a breakup with my boyfriend of 3 and half years Kachi. We had woken up on a Sunday morning after a long night of love making and heart talks on marriage and kids and has even gone as far as choosing names for our kids only for him to go into the restroom and come out with a look of pity and guilt to announce that he was getting married the next weekend . How can I forget the ugly experience in a hurry �‍♂ I remember rushing into the kitchen to get a knife and threatening to stab him if he didn't leave my house that minute.
https://jistnaija.com/love/
Re: Love. Romance Thriller by steveblue809(m): 3:37pm On Jul 06, 2019
Continued

"Omachukwu"my father called,dragging me out from my thoughts.
"Daddy!!"I rushed to hug him.
"You don't want to be like your mum do you?"he asked eyeing my mum playfully
"How? What did mum do?"I asked linking between them,surprised that I hadn't heard of this story before since they always enjoyed sharing stories about their youthful days.
"She kept me waiting at the altar and I thought she wasn't interested anymore"Dad said straightening his tux.
"In my defence" mum started "I was looking for the best powder
"In your days wasn't it only white powder you people applied?" Ada asked making us laugh.
"Yes but I didn't like Tony Montana,I wanted Stella powder"mum said defending herself.
"Don't keep your groom waiting “ dad said, minutes later on our way out he whispered in my ears,"you're the finest of them all."
I watched as the cars moved and smiled to myself,who would have thought that a small town girl like me who all she had to her name was a degree in public health was getting married to the love of her life, the son of the state governor who also happened to be one of the richest entrepreneur in the country.
As the car kept moving my thoughts went back to how I met Elton.

See more @

Re: Love. Romance Thriller by steveblue809(m): 3:38pm On Jul 06, 2019
Continued

It was 8months after my messy breakup,my family and close friends still looked out for me just in case I decided to do something stupid or try to kill myself. Researchers has it that it takes 21days for the brain to forget someone they lost but it was taking more than that plus I had just finished my NYSC and I was staying with my parents since I hadn't secured a job yet and I wasn't going out much to avoid running into Kachi so I settled to reading inspirational messages on social media which helped me a lot through the whole mess especially Facebook and It was at that time that I met Elton and we started chatting, our vibe matched so well as if we have known each other since kindergarten, we would talk deep into the night ,long meaniful conversations,he would call to check up on me. In a way in my heart he was only substituting for Kachi and a distraction from my heart break. We got to know more about each other,we knew everything about each other in just few days of so I thought.

(1) (Reply)

Writer Needed / Emotional Fight / Looking For Bloggers With Working Blogs In Any Niche

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.