Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,383 members, 7,812,130 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:44 AM

Why We Need 20% Of Nigeria For Grazing By Nonso Obikili - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why We Need 20% Of Nigeria For Grazing By Nonso Obikili (17827 Views)

I-N-C-R-E-D-I-B-L-E: Herdsmen Chase Farmers, Seize Farms For Grazing In Delta / Cows Take Over Ondo Streets Despite Ban On Open Grazing By Governor Akeredolu / Smart Nonso Okafor: Mother Sells Akara, He Won Anambra Assembly Election (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why We Need 20% Of Nigeria For Grazing By Nonso Obikili by Ostrogoth(m): 10:51pm On Jul 07, 2019
deomelo:
[s][/s]

Nna, this kain ignorant , hateful, bitter, angry, bigoted and unintelligent rubbish no dey move me, try confine such rubbish to your fellow Igbos.

FYI I am not Ipob, I am a true yorubasson who now sees sense in what upon and Nnamdi KANU has been agitating for!
Re: Why We Need 20% Of Nigeria For Grazing By Nonso Obikili by deomelo: 10:52pm On Jul 07, 2019
[s]
Ostrogoth:

Leave me and let me beat my chest! We dont want rugs and intact we can survive very well without northern meat just like our ancestors did before us! And thank you for saying the rest of the world are moving forward, we southerners want to move forward with them. We dont want to be conformed to your archaic and medieval government policies. We'd rather be vegans than have Fulani cattle settlements. Vox populi, vox dei: the voice of the majority is the voice of god!
[/s]

Why are you getting mad now? Shebi na you quoted me with your empty, ignorant and shallow chest beating.

Losers foaming at the mouth like bingo over the land they don't want from them..

Oh, I forgot your land is for Ugu leaf only..

grin grin
Re: Why We Need 20% Of Nigeria For Grazing By Nonso Obikili by deomelo: 10:53pm On Jul 07, 2019
Ostrogoth:

FYI I am not Ipob, I am a true yorubasson who now sees sense in what upon and Nnamdi KANU has been agitating for!

Ipob is not a race or a tribe, it's a way of thinking and mentality and you share that way of thinking and mentality.
Re: Why We Need 20% Of Nigeria For Grazing By Nonso Obikili by deomelo: 10:57pm On Jul 07, 2019
Ostrogoth:

Our better plan is that we are going to agitate for true federalism so that each region can manage their own resources. We southerners can manage our oil wells, farmlands and mineral resources while you can manage your cows up there in the north. If this does not suit you northerners, then we simply split into two countries. And note this: we dont want to complain, we just dont want to have much to do with the north any more!

Who dey hold you from managing your own land?

Don't you have governors making decisions for you, collecting your allocation on your behalf?

Didn't your governors just voluntarily refused to do RUGA?

You people no dey think before opening mouth, you just want to chest beat over nothing..
Re: Why We Need 20% Of Nigeria For Grazing By Nonso Obikili by Ostrogoth(m): 10:58pm On Jul 07, 2019
deomelo:
[s][/s]

Keep and eat your dam land, we don't want your hateful and bigoted land.

And you people wonder why serious investors, businesses and multi nationals don't venture into your backward, hostile, hateful and bigoted land..

They know your profile..

The way they (serious investors, businesses and multi nationals) invest in your poverty and terrorist ridden land? As if the whole world don't know that you are the dregs/the scum of the Islamic world, a people of illiterate almajiris and boko haram materials? How I wish the lugards died the day before they amalgamated Nigeria!! You fools that were angry that the Saudis want to enjoy minaj in their land while they understand that they can't afford to be a radical government in an ever-changing world!
Re: Why We Need 20% Of Nigeria For Grazing By Nonso Obikili by deomelo: 11:05pm On Jul 07, 2019
Ostrogoth:

The way they (serious investors, businesses and multi nationals) invest in your poverty and terrorist ridden land? As if the whole world don't know that you are the dregs/the scum of the Islamic world, a people of illiterate almajiris and boko haram materials? How I wish the lugards died the day before they amalgamated Nigeria!! You fools that were angry that the Saudis want to enjoy minaj in their land while they understand that they can't afford to be a radical government in an ever-changing world!

lmao...

This one don yapa...

Wetin minaj and Saudi Arabia get to do with RUGA in Nigeria?

These Igbos no go kill pesin with lafta I swear..

Why are you people so full of hate, anger, bitterness and anger?

grin grin
Re: Why We Need 20% Of Nigeria For Grazing By Nonso Obikili by Ostrogoth(m): 11:20pm On Jul 07, 2019
deomelo:

Ipob is not a race or a tribe, it's a way of thinking and mentality and you share that way of thinking and mentality.

Yes, and am proud to share it or at least some of it! I'll stop sharing it the day Fulani herdsmen who murder, rape and kidnap in the south are labelled as bandits by this government and are therefore arrested, prosecuted and jailed/executed for their crimes. I'll stop sharing it the day true federalism/decentralization of government is put into place. FYI, prior to Riga, every Yoruba man detested ipob and what it stands for but now, we understand, support and align ourselves with them. Did you not notice that tribal comments have reduced drastically on nairaland? We've discovered a common enemy in the north and their primordial/primitive agenda.
Re: Why We Need 20% Of Nigeria For Grazing By Nonso Obikili by Ostrogoth(m): 11:23pm On Jul 07, 2019
deomelo:
[s][/s]

Why are you getting mad now? Shebi na you quoted me with your empty, ignorant and shallow chest beating.

Losers foaming at the mouth like bingo over the land they don't want from them..

Oh, I forgot your land is for Ugu leaf only..

grin grin
On the contrary, we Yoruba people prefer gbegiri not ugwu, mumusson!
Re: Why We Need 20% Of Nigeria For Grazing By Nonso Obikili by Ostrogoth(m): 11:26pm On Jul 07, 2019
deomelo:

Who dey hold you from managing your own land?

Don't you have governors making decisions for you, collecting your allocation on your behalf?

Didn't your governors just voluntarily refused to do RUGA?

You people no dey think before opening mouth, you just want to chest beat over nothing..

So why are you bitter? If we want resource control and you lot dont want to stop us, why are you even still on my mention?

1 Like

Re: Why We Need 20% Of Nigeria For Grazing By Nonso Obikili by Ostrogoth(m): 11:30pm On Jul 07, 2019
deomelo:

lmao...

This one don yapa...

Wetin minaj and Saudi Arabia get to do with RUGA in Nigeria?

These Igbos no go kill pesin with lafta I swear..

Why are you people so full of hate, anger, bitterness and anger?

grin grin

Am just trying to educate you about ur backwardness! People are thinking about how to position their countries for relevance, you almajiri Ninny's are planning a cow republic.
Re: Why We Need 20% Of Nigeria For Grazing By Nonso Obikili by Nobody: 12:52am On Jul 08, 2019
cheesy
deomelo:

What is this joker rambling about? Who asked the middle belt to reward with land?

I know you people are born liars, but must you make insane and ignorant rubbish all the damn time?

What is wrong with you people?

We don't want your land, keep and eat your village land.

Abi na by force.

grin grin

cheesy.

There is no land for RUGA in IGBO land. Deal with it.
Re: Why We Need 20% Of Nigeria For Grazing By Nonso Obikili by deomelo: 1:30am On Jul 08, 2019
PrecisionFx:
cheesy

cheesy.

There is no land for RUGA in IGBO land. Deal with it.

Funny when jobless people run around raging and shouting like mad bingo all over the place talking about the land we don't even want?

Nna, keep your worthless land, RUGA is on the go in places where they want RUGA, life is going on and heaven is not falling so eat your land, we don't want your poor and meager erosion ravaged clay mud.

Comedians..

grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why We Need 20% Of Nigeria For Grazing By Nonso Obikili by deomelo: 1:32am On Jul 08, 2019
Ostrogoth:

Am just trying to educate you about ur backwardness! People are thinking about how to position their countries for relevance, you almajiri Ninny's are planning a cow republic.

It's really weird and crazy when ignorant and unintelligent villagers dey form educate..

Nna, stick to your worthless ugu and akpu erosion mud that you call land..

grin grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why We Need 20% Of Nigeria For Grazing By Nonso Obikili by Nobody: 7:53am On Jul 08, 2019
deomelo:

Funny when jobless people run around raging and shouting like mad bingo all over the place talking about the land we don't even want?

Nna, keep your worthless land, RUGA is on the go in places where they want RUGA, life is going on and heaven is not falling so eat your land, we don't want your poor and meager erosion ravaged clay mud.

Comedians..

grin grin

Allow me to be a mad bingo in peace Mr Herdsman, No RUGA land for u in IGBO land.
Re: Why We Need 20% Of Nigeria For Grazing By Nonso Obikili by 91119111c(m): 8:11am On Jul 08, 2019
deomelo:

The FG and even the states cannot set up any program or business with government money and confine participation strictly to that locality or indigenous, that's discrimination and against the Nigerian constitution. It is illegal so that's totally out of the question, but you are free to show us where such was done in any state or at the federal level.

Lagos state cannot establish a business with state funds that other people pay into via taxes and say the only indigenes are allowed to participate or benefit from.

NLTP/RUGA is an open program for every Nigerian and investors from anywhere to participate in, if you are a pig farmer, a goat farmer, ostrich farmer, whatever kind of animal farmer you are, the program is open for all, not just herders.

People just don't read, they follow and consume distorted info, rumors and anti-government sentiments.

you were simply asked to post a link to back your debate up!
you decided to type surutu magana, ds your long texts and �links, which Is easier to post?
Re: Why We Need 20% Of Nigeria For Grazing By Nonso Obikili by Ostrogoth(m): 8:12am On Jul 08, 2019
deomelo:

It's really weird and crazy when ignorant and unintelligent villagers dey form educate..

Nna, stick to your worthless ugu and akpu erosion mud that you call land..

grin grin grin

Gladly, my dear Fulani stooge. And stick to yours!
Re: Why We Need 20% Of Nigeria For Grazing By Nonso Obikili by Kfed4ril(m): 9:33am On Jul 08, 2019
deomelo:

The government can not take your land and ship in people from other states to occupy your land, the states are in control of their land and it is up to them to decide how to run and manage what goes on within their boders.

Public ignorance and hysteria is responsible for what is going on right now, but in the end, they will do the right thing

You are denying yourself great economic development and opportunity, not the FG

Bros we no want this kind Fulani economic development, shey oyo state is bigger than the whole south east ba? You guys can donate the whole of oyo state to them na and leave us alone.
Re: Why We Need 20% Of Nigeria For Grazing By Nonso Obikili by engrchykae(m): 11:51am On Jul 08, 2019
deomelo:

You people are so deranged that you just come up with the most disgusting, bigoted, absurd and ridiculous nonsense..

Who swear for you people?

grin grin
you fulanis carry desertification everywhere you go.
when you step into a once fertile land desertification follows.
the scourge of africa
Re: Why We Need 20% Of Nigeria For Grazing By Nonso Obikili by mapet: 1:09pm On Jul 09, 2019
yemaldo:

deomelo: :

Is this not the plan in the first place?

Oh, I forgot you heard from somewhere on the internet that the FG will take your land and ship fulani herdsmen from the North to your states to take over your state.

Funny how people deny themselves economic and job opportunities because of ignorance, bigotry, petty politics, and tribalism.
I don't think so , am just seeing this for the first time, fed government never said each state should provide grazing land for their indigenes

When you willfully filter the news you want to hear as against the truth........

Both the Ruga (to me, a misadventure of the Ministry of Agric) and the National Livestock Development program had said from Day 1 that it will it is not mandatory and that willing states will provide the land.
Re: Why We Need 20% Of Nigeria For Grazing By Nonso Obikili by mapet: 3:51pm On Jul 09, 2019
Pavore9:

deomelo: :

Is this not the plan in the first place?

Oh, I forgot you heard from somewhere on the internet that the FG will take your land and ship fulani herdsmen from the North to your states to take over your state.

Funny how people deny themselves economic and job opportunities because of ignorance, bigotry, petty politics, and tribalism.

Can you post a link to a video or a webpage where the FG clearly stated the indigenes of the participating states will be the primary focus.

I don't know in what form you want your answer, but below are facts

Frontline states

T[b]en key states were identified as the frontline states to receive pilot interventions in line with the recommendations of the FMARD and NEC[/b] livestock conference. The states include: Adamawa, Benue, Ebonyi, Edo, Kaduna, Nasarawa, Oyo, Plateau, Taraba and Zamfara. The plan include creation of large ranches in each of these states.

Read more at: https://www.vanguardngr.com/2018/06/fg-rolls-6-point-plan-solve-farmers-herders-crisis/

The above strongly infers that at a prior organized "Livestock Conference", these states agreed to being pilot on the scheme (especially Benue)

Adamawa State already started the NLTP without unnecessary hullabaloo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dWHSfLEoGgc

That it is not compulsory was re-stated by the federal govt recently

“NLTP has programmes of rehabilitation of Internally Displaced Persons (IDPs) resulting from the crisis and also development of ranching in any willing state of the federation; the word is willing state of the federation.

“Its beauty is that what NEC and the Federal Government approved is a voluntary programme to all the 36 states which may like to participate.

So, it is not compulsory; it is for any state that is willing, will key into the programme,’’ he said.

The Governor said that any state interested in the programme was required to bring up a development plan that was keyed towards the implementation in line with the Federal Government’s own programme.

According to Umahi, each willing state is expected to come up with a plan unique to it based on the challenges that it has in respect of the farmers/herders crisis.....

https://thewillnigeria.com/news/nigeria-adopts-necs-national-livestock-transformation-plan-after-dumping-ruga/
Re: Why We Need 20% Of Nigeria For Grazing By Nonso Obikili by mapet: 3:59pm On Jul 09, 2019
timecapsule:
Federal government by PMB said that Nigerian youths are lazy.
Federal government should tell state government to provide land for his indigenous youthsfor RUGA or live stock or whatever they may called it not in the other way round. I giving out my land for foreigners, for what?

I hope its not am thinking! Are we ruled by foreigner here in Nigeria?
RUGA or no RUGA, federal government is the herdsmen.

Exactly what the NLTP is about. They are not asking you to give your land to foreigners. They are asking you to provide a land (if you are willing) where livestock value-chain business will be done on a profitable basis. If your youths wants to partake in livestock (cattle, goats, buffallo etc), leather, dairy products, livestock waste-wealth etc. They are asking your state to provide lands where they will spend part of the over N100b they have ear-marked.

You see, we profit nothing if we perpetrate ignorance and lies. In 5-7yrs time, the states that latches on to these would have become an industrial cluster for livestock, inviting foreign investments on a large scale and growing their IGR. All these states that are trying to kill the initiative will join sooner or later they realize the value they stand to gain.
Re: Why We Need 20% Of Nigeria For Grazing By Nonso Obikili by mapet: 4:03pm On Jul 09, 2019
ivandragon:

Furthermore, the Ruga initiative (under any guise the FG wants to term it) seems to propose more of the permanent relocation of entire families & cultures into areas with less affinity for those cultures...

Of all the conjectures and seeming deliberate mix-up I see in your submission, can you pls point to any place either in the RUGA or NLTP where this was stated? or you decided to make this up?
Re: Why We Need 20% Of Nigeria For Grazing By Nonso Obikili by mapet: 4:13pm On Jul 09, 2019
delpee:

If it's not a Fulani program, why are they threatening everyone? Governor Ganduje invited those who are interested to come over to Kano where there's sufficient space. Niger State governor also said the forest reserve in his state can accommodate a very large numbers of cows. The combination of the two should be sufficient as a starting point. Cows due for sales can be transported to any part of the country.

We also have Sambisa and Falgore forests among others which can be well equipped for the same purpose. Why not maximise the use of those ones before encouraging other states to donate land for a project that they're not interested in?

Are we going to have Ruga for pigs too to suit the needs of some Southern states? Will the pig farmers be given space in the Northern reserves? Afterall it's also livestock.

States/citizens should be allowed to decide what they want. Private farmers already buy land to set up ranches in the South. I don't understand why there's so much noise on a matter that can be easily solved if there's no hidden agenda.

Ruga may be a good project but it's not been well presented nor properly linked to NLTP. That's probably why the VP knows nothing about it.

Madam,

1. The truth is that they are not threatening ANYONE. It is unfortunate that an attempt to resolve the long herder-farmer clashes has been deliberately misconstrued as a threat. There is NOWHERE where the FG has stated that NLTP is a compulsory program
2. RUGA was badly communicated. I'm still trying to put my head around the mis-management of the communication with RUGA. Benue State "gladly" latched onto it with their "victim-cry".
3. We need not make noise and unnecessary distraction over this. Adamawa State has already started the NLTP, no has Niger. Some other states will join. After 3 yrs, these will start making business sense to other willing states and they will join as well. Can it be any simpler?
Re: Why We Need 20% Of Nigeria For Grazing By Nonso Obikili by ivandragon: 7:44pm On Jul 09, 2019
mapet:

Of all the conjectures and seeming deliberate mix-up I see in your submission, can you pls point to any place either in the RUGA or NLTP where this was stated? or you decided to make this up?

seem

verb

give the impression of being something or having a particular quality.

You can read & understand right?

A lot of people like you chose to ignore the obvious contradictions in the whole plan...
Re: Why We Need 20% Of Nigeria For Grazing By Nonso Obikili by mapet: 9:54pm On Jul 09, 2019
ivandragon:

seem

verb

give the impression of being something or having a particular quality.

You can read & understand right?

A lot of people like you chose to ignore the obvious contradictions in the whole plan...

seems to propose more of the permanent relocation of entire families & cultures into areas with less affinity for those cultures...

So your statement above is obviously a lie/conjecture you made up, there is no statement nor document whatsoever that stated the above...
Re: Why We Need 20% Of Nigeria For Grazing By Nonso Obikili by ivandragon: 5:32am On Jul 10, 2019
mapet:

So your statement above is obviously a lie/conjecture you made up, there is no statement nor document whatsoever that stated the above...

What is the meaning of Ruga settlement?
Re: Why We Need 20% Of Nigeria For Grazing By Nonso Obikili by timecapsule: 9:54pm On Jul 19, 2019
Southerns does not have land for that. We know it better than them when it comes to livestock business.
Our father Abraham handed it over to us. So if we go into it again, their name Na soorry!

mapet:

Exactly what the NLTP is about. They are not asking you to give your land to foreigners. They are asking you to provide a land (if you are willing) where livestock value-chain business will be done on a profitable basis. If your youths wants to partake in livestock (cattle, goats, buffallo etc), leather, dairy products, livestock waste-wealth etc. They are asking your state to provide lands where they will spend part of the over N100b they have ear-marked.

You see, we profit nothing if we perpetrate ignorance and lies. In 5-7yrs time, the states that latches on to these would have become an industrial cluster for livestock, inviting foreign investments on a large scale and growing their IGR. All these states that are trying to kill the initiative will join sooner or later they realize the value they stand to gain.
Re: Why We Need 20% Of Nigeria For Grazing By Nonso Obikili by mapet: 6:28am On Jul 22, 2019
timecapsule:
Southerns does not have land for that. We know it better than them when it comes to livestock business.
Our father Abraham handed it over to us. So if we go into it again, their name Na soorry!

What a Joke!

Your father Abraham ko, Nicodemus ni!
Re: Why We Need 20% Of Nigeria For Grazing By Nonso Obikili by tck2000(m): 9:12am On Oct 14, 2019
20%?

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Buhari Departs Nigeria For Egypt / Tinubu Promises To Recharge Lake Chad If Elected President / President Tinubu Meets French Presidential Envoy As Nigeria Prepares For Return

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.