Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,188 members, 7,811,481 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 12:45 PM

Save A Depressed Brother, How Can I Backup A Video From A CCTV To My System - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Save A Depressed Brother, How Can I Backup A Video From A CCTV To My System (1688 Views)

Can I Backup My Iphone And Restore On Another Iphone / Instagram Makes People Depressed, Twitter Makes People Angry, Which Is Better? / AI To take cctv to another level (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Save A Depressed Brother, How Can I Backup A Video From A CCTV To My System by Nobody: 9:33am On Jul 07, 2019
So we used a CCTV to record our project's work for 4 weeks.

After the whole period, when it was time to recover the whole stuff...we were facing issues with "USB not found!"

We connected varous Terabytes,flash drives and many phone and hard disk to the system.

But we were facing "USB not found!"

Now, we can't do Pre data and post data if we can't extract the video.

I've been depressed! We've been depressed.
Re: Save A Depressed Brother, How Can I Backup A Video From A CCTV To My System by klasys(m): 10:34am On Jul 07, 2019
Remove the hard disk inside the DVR, and get external case for hard disk (desktop type).

Put the hard disk you remove from DVR into the external HDD case, the case come with USB port & cable.

Plug the USB cable to your system, it will detect it, just like you put flash drive on the system.

You will see your video file there

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Save A Depressed Brother, How Can I Backup A Video From A CCTV To My System by Richie0974: 12:29pm On Jul 07, 2019
If you use a DVR, you can install HiD View application on your PC. Comnect your ethernet cable from the DVR to your PC after giving your PC it's own IP address within the range of that of the DVR. You should be able to see the cameras from there. So you can save, record, playback... Hope thos helps.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Save A Depressed Brother, How Can I Backup A Video From A CCTV To My System by Nobody: 1:43pm On Jul 07, 2019
Richie0974:
If you use a DVR, you can install HiD View application on your PC. Comnect your ethernet cable from the DVR to your PC after giving your PC it's own IP address within the range of that of the DVR. You should be able to see the cameras from there. So you can save, record, playback... Hope thos helps.

What's Ethernet?
Re: Save A Depressed Brother, How Can I Backup A Video From A CCTV To My System by Nobody: 1:43pm On Jul 07, 2019
klasys:
Remove the hard disk inside the DVR, and get external case for hard disk (desktop type).

Put the hard disk you remove from DVR into the external HDD case, the case come with USB port & cable.

Plug the USB cable to your system, it will detect it, just like you put flash drive on the system.

You will see your video file there
The Hard disk is bigger
Re: Save A Depressed Brother, How Can I Backup A Video From A CCTV To My System by chibike69: 1:48pm On Jul 07, 2019
Ennyhorlar:

The Hard disk is bigger

find Hdd sata cable to usb

Re: Save A Depressed Brother, How Can I Backup A Video From A CCTV To My System by klasys(m): 5:56pm On Jul 07, 2019
Is it not 3.5" HDD,? the type used by desktop computer, go to where they sell computer accessory & ask for HDD enclosure for desktop HDD

Other alternative is SATA to USB cable

All is is to connect the Hardisk to your computer via USB port and see your video file

Ennyhorlar:

The Hard disk is bigger

Re: Save A Depressed Brother, How Can I Backup A Video From A CCTV To My System by DesChyko: 6:16pm On Jul 07, 2019
Get a hard disk case. The one I am using cost me 2k (maybe less) and it's in 2 forms. There's one for 3.5" HDD and one for 2.5" HDD

1 Like

Re: Save A Depressed Brother, How Can I Backup A Video From A CCTV To My System by kosmos95(m): 6:16am On Jul 08, 2019
chibike69:

find Hdd sata cable to usb
please sir how much does it cost
Re: Save A Depressed Brother, How Can I Backup A Video From A CCTV To My System by kenomobola(m): 9:55am On Jul 08, 2019
Ennyhorlar:

The Hard disk is bigger

Please, upload a picture of the hard disk drive, so that we can advise you appropriately.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Brand New Iphone X 165k / Samsung Galaxy A71 Review 3 Months Later. / If You Are Base In Kaduna And Use Smile Network Come In

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.