Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,973 members, 7,817,865 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:37 PM

President Muhammadu Buhari Signs Africa Free Trade Agreement - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Muhammadu Buhari Signs Africa Free Trade Agreement (14932 Views)

AFCFTA Trade Agreement Signed By Buhari: What You Need To Know About It / Obasanjo: Buhari’s Hand Too Weak To Sign African Free Trade Agreement / Buhari Signs Law Stopping VPs Who Complete President’s Tenure (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: President Muhammadu Buhari Signs Africa Free Trade Agreement by Amuocha: 2:25pm On Jul 07, 2019
Great
Re: President Muhammadu Buhari Signs Africa Free Trade Agreement by lopezoraclenet(m): 2:28pm On Jul 07, 2019
You that has life to the fullest are there hunting for jobs of 40k...who is lifeless here?. Anu efi!

Megabig:
As told, he certainly have no idea of what he signed...he doesn't know the merit or demerit, he just was told to sign and he signs and got an applause.

I've never seen someone so lifeless(Donald Trump)

2 Likes

Re: President Muhammadu Buhari Signs Africa Free Trade Agreement by Newboss(m): 2:32pm On Jul 07, 2019
mankand:

Nothing, Africa gains nothing

Says who?
Re: President Muhammadu Buhari Signs Africa Free Trade Agreement by valentineuwakwe(m): 2:36pm On Jul 07, 2019
why is he always surrounded by northerners when ever he goes abroad....is dia something they don't want others to notice?
Re: President Muhammadu Buhari Signs Africa Free Trade Agreement by RTSC: 2:39pm On Jul 07, 2019
We need to upgrade power and manufacturing very quickly or we are fuccked.

1 Like

Re: President Muhammadu Buhari Signs Africa Free Trade Agreement by Arelyn: 2:43pm On Jul 07, 2019
The agreement is a good initiative to ensure ease of flow of goods within the member countries and also provide them the ability to make trade agreement with more economically progressed country..I don't know the extremities of the trade deals that will be involved but it should be somewhat similar to the EU countries trading together as a block
Re: President Muhammadu Buhari Signs Africa Free Trade Agreement by MaziOmenuko: 2:47pm On Jul 07, 2019
israelmao:
So far its merits transcend its demerits then it will be counted as a worthy venture.Nigeria needs to watch out in making sure that her ailing manufacturing sector is revamped and protected from undue foreign encroachment.

How is there a merit in this? The effect of having Benin Republic and a porous border is already telling on our economy, you think there is a merit in this? Our manufacturing sector will bleed out; nothing kills an economy faster than importation of finished goods; this is what he just signed up for.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: President Muhammadu Buhari Signs Africa Free Trade Agreement by Arelyn: 2:49pm On Jul 07, 2019
The agreement is a good initiative to ensure ease of flow of goods within the member countries and also provide them the ability to regulate withing the continent....I don't know the extremities of the trade deals that will be involved but it should be somewhat similar to the common FTAs in the world.
It should be a welcome development for Exporters and Importers alike as a whole lot of bureaucracy will be removed
Re: President Muhammadu Buhari Signs Africa Free Trade Agreement by sapientia(m): 2:49pm On Jul 07, 2019
What are others bringing to the Table?

Nigeria is a mess already.

The cabal should be careful what they sign.
Re: President Muhammadu Buhari Signs Africa Free Trade Agreement by MaziOmenuko: 2:50pm On Jul 07, 2019
Arelyn:
The agreement is a good initiative to ensure ease of flow of goods within the member countries and also provide them the ability to make trade agreement with more economically progressed country..I don't know the extremities of the trade deals that will be involved but it should be somewhat similar to the EU countries trading together as a block

Flow of goods within member countries, how are you going to ensure that the goods flowing were actually manufactured in the originating country? We just shot ourselves in the foot! Goods will be moved from Europe and across the world into our neighboring countries and then by virtue of free trade agreement, gain passage into our country.

This is a calamity in the making. Ordinary smuggling and the likes of dangote are whining. Now we have legalized movement of goods into our country from supposedly African countries.

3 Likes

Re: President Muhammadu Buhari Signs Africa Free Trade Agreement by onwuakpachris(m): 2:55pm On Jul 07, 2019
so we can now travel to Morocco without visa and jump over d fence into Spain...just like that....local man is packing his bags already...outta this shithole called Nigeria...
Re: President Muhammadu Buhari Signs Africa Free Trade Agreement by sisisioge: 2:55pm On Jul 07, 2019
Does this me we can travel into any of the member countries without visa? They should list the countries fa.
Re: President Muhammadu Buhari Signs Africa Free Trade Agreement by 360command: 2:56pm On Jul 07, 2019
This was Nigeria's fear and still is..

Low priced goods will begin to venture it's way in the African markets from different part of the world. All they need is for the foreign country to set up a base in Africa and begin send to other African countries.

Foreign manufacturing companies would begin to set up their businesses in African countries where they can easily setup and operate thereby gaining access to the Africa free trade agreement..

There will be high competition amongst big and small players in the African markets.

It is likely that Dangote level of wealth will continue to reduce as a result of high competition.

Big players in a certain sector of the monopolistic African markets will begin to further expand their production and supply chain.

2 Likes

Re: President Muhammadu Buhari Signs Africa Free Trade Agreement by 360command: 3:00pm On Jul 07, 2019
sisisioge:
Does this me we can travel into any of the member countries without visa? They should list the countries fa.
this does not apply to you in terms of immigrating..except you want to see yourself commodified and this is not good...
Re: President Muhammadu Buhari Signs Africa Free Trade Agreement by Burruchaga71(m): 3:01pm On Jul 07, 2019
Still don't believe this man is the Real Buhari
Re: President Muhammadu Buhari Signs Africa Free Trade Agreement by Arelyn: 3:01pm On Jul 07, 2019
MaziOmenuko:

Flow of goods within member countries, how are you going to ensure that the goods flowing were actually manufactured in the originating country? We just shot ourselves in the foot! Goods will be moved from Europe and across the world into our neighboring countries and then by virtue of free trade agreement, gain passage into our country.

This is a calamity in the making. Ordinary smuggling and the likes of dangote are whining. Now we have legalized movement of goods into our country from supposedly African countries.

I agree with you on smuggling and its one of the major disadvantage of FTAs, but at the same time the exporting strength of indigenous companies will grow which will benefit individual countries.
There is no perfect system because there will be pros and cons

1 Like

Re: President Muhammadu Buhari Signs Africa Free Trade Agreement by Tareq1105: 3:01pm On Jul 07, 2019
Megabig:
As told, he certainly have no idea of what he signed...he doesn't know the merit or demerit, he just was told to sign and he signs and got an applause.

I've never seen someone so lifeless(Donald Trump)

Keep wailing.

He's done better for Nigeria, as a military man and as a civilian president, than your father in the village.
Re: President Muhammadu Buhari Signs Africa Free Trade Agreement by mankand(m): 3:02pm On Jul 07, 2019
Newboss:

Says who?

Please educate me if I'm wrong, why did you think France is forcing this agreement on African states? What does Nigeria produce that we want to export to neighboring countries? Indomie?
Re: President Muhammadu Buhari Signs Africa Free Trade Agreement by MrPresident1: 3:04pm On Jul 07, 2019
One world
One Africa
No more borders in Africa, Africa ia now one single monolithic country.

Congratulations

Jesus is coming

1 Like

Re: President Muhammadu Buhari Signs Africa Free Trade Agreement by olioxx(m): 3:05pm On Jul 07, 2019
NewsMuncher:
A dunce!
. A very big one, only if he knows the implication. Something is telling he didnt even read what he signed. . Any ways sha, this is a good one for IT guys!

1 Like

Re: President Muhammadu Buhari Signs Africa Free Trade Agreement by israelmao(m): 3:06pm On Jul 07, 2019
MaziOmenuko:

How is there a merit in this? The effect of having Benin Republic and a porous border is already telling on our economy, you think there is a merit in this? Our manufacturing sector will bleed out; nothing kills an economy faster than importation of finished goods; this is what he just signed up for.

If you take a deep look at my comment you will see that we almost share the same view.Many factories have been shut down in Nigeria because of proliferation of foreign goods a case in point is textile industry.

1 Like

Re: President Muhammadu Buhari Signs Africa Free Trade Agreement by sisisioge: 3:09pm On Jul 07, 2019
360command:
this does not apply to you in terms of immigrating..except you want to see yourself commodified and this is not good...

grin grin grin grin grin grin

Una sha get bad mouth. I meant while trading with member countries, will we be allowed into their countries without visa applications? Besides, intellectual properties and labour mobility too counts. Just wondering what this translates into for those of us ready to dump this country.
Re: President Muhammadu Buhari Signs Africa Free Trade Agreement by sisisioge: 3:11pm On Jul 07, 2019
MrPresident1:
One world
One Africa
No more borders in Africa, Africa ia now one single monolithic country.

Congratulations

Jesus is coming

Pastor jasi...howdy grin
Re: President Muhammadu Buhari Signs Africa Free Trade Agreement by MrPresident1: 3:12pm On Jul 07, 2019
sisisioge:

Pastor jasi...howdy grin

Fine girl I dey o. How you dey na?
Re: President Muhammadu Buhari Signs Africa Free Trade Agreement by 360command: 3:14pm On Jul 07, 2019
sisisioge:

grin grin grin grin grin grin

Una sha get bad mouth. I meant while trading with member countries, will we be allowed into their countries without visa applications? Besides, intellectual properties and labour mobility too counts. Just wondering what this translates into for those of us ready to dump this country.
you will still need a Visa for you as a person.
Re: President Muhammadu Buhari Signs Africa Free Trade Agreement by sisisioge: 3:14pm On Jul 07, 2019
MrPresident1:

Fine girl I dey o. How you dey na?

I bam o...Jesus must meet us here, carry us go. I dey wait grin
Re: President Muhammadu Buhari Signs Africa Free Trade Agreement by SILVERLINES: 3:14pm On Jul 07, 2019
Officialgarri:
And you that understands what he signed why don't you explain better to us.
People like you just know how to insult your father but have no understanding of anything.
he simply sign agreement for Fulani/ Niger herdsmen to come and kill you

I hope that get into ur thick skull

1 Like 1 Share

Re: President Muhammadu Buhari Signs Africa Free Trade Agreement by Newboss(m): 3:15pm On Jul 07, 2019
mankand:

Please educate me if I'm wrong, why did you think France is forcing this agreement on African states? What does Nigeria produce that we want to export to neighboring countries? Indomie?

Open your eyes, there's a lot to export. A lot of export is going on daily. Just open your eyes and look at the right place.
Re: President Muhammadu Buhari Signs Africa Free Trade Agreement by sisisioge: 3:15pm On Jul 07, 2019
360command:
you will still need a Visa for you as a person.

Noted. Thank you.
Re: President Muhammadu Buhari Signs Africa Free Trade Agreement by MrPresident1: 3:18pm On Jul 07, 2019
sisisioge:

I bam o...Jesus must meet us here, carry us go. I dey wait grin

You warm my heart grin. Let us continue to be watchful and prayerful. Oga must meet us watching grin and he will not tarry anymore

How your Sunday na?
Re: President Muhammadu Buhari Signs Africa Free Trade Agreement by 360command: 3:18pm On Jul 07, 2019
mankand:

I laugh when I read your statement..Go to the east, Companies are producing electrical cables used at home , automobiles parts and exporting outside Nigeria..Nigeria manufactures, dont think we dont.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

2019 Elections: Fresh Controversy Trails INEC Budget / Governor Zulum: Nigerian Army Has Failed Borno Residents / Soludo Visits Ekwulobia Prison, Promises Speedy Dispensation Of Justice

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.