Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,259 members, 7,860,593 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 01:07 PM

Why Do I Do What I Hates (scripture) - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do I Do What I Hates (scripture) (357 Views)

God Hates Divorce But What Do You Do When One Party Walks Out Of A Marriage? / Man Reveals Why He Hates Reading The Bible, Nigerians React / Hating Christians Is Fulfilment Of The Scripture (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do I Do What I Hates (scripture) by felixawe(m): 1:59pm On Jul 07, 2019
Dear brethren, why do we do what we really hate, just like Apst Paul writes:

For we know that the law is spiritual, but I am of the flesh, sold under sin.
Romans 7:14
For I do not understand my own actions. For I do not do what I want, but I do the very thing I hate.Romans 7:15
(ESV).
For no one ever hated his own flesh, but nourishes and cherishes it, just as Christ does the church,
Ephesians 5:29

What are the things you find yourself doing which you hate despite hope for heaven !
What is in action in our lives ?
How do we set ourselves for redemption

Re: Why Do I Do What I Hates (scripture) by Dafemich(m): 2:02pm On Jul 07, 2019
Because you don't know the one true God and live in the one true God(1 John5:20). And that is eternal life

1 Like

Re: Why Do I Do What I Hates (scripture) by felixawe(m): 2:15pm On Jul 07, 2019
Dafemich:
Because you don't know the one true God and live in the one true God(1 John5:20). And that is eternal life

We are yet to come to the true knowledge of God by abiding in Him
Re: Why Do I Do What I Hates (scripture) by Dafemich(m): 2:21pm On Jul 07, 2019
felixawe:

We are yet to come to the true knowledge of God by abiding in Him
We are already in the true knowledge of God, if we know and believe in the complete work of the Lord Jesus Christ on the cross. And we don't only have true knowledge of God, we live in the true God.

1 Like

Re: Why Do I Do What I Hates (scripture) by Nobody: 6:06pm On Jul 07, 2019
What I don't quite get is what you mean by what you hate, for what you hate could be the right thing.

But if you mean the wrong thing, like sin or falling into temptation, Jesus said that it is because we are flesh and so inclined to doing the things of the flesh which are usually the wrong things.

So the best way to change or reduce that is to grow the influence of the spirit side of your existence over your actions, and your mentality, by doing things that are spiritually inclined like praying, fasting, and studying God's Word.

For the more you do them, the less you'd be inclined to doing the wrong things but more of the right things, because your spirit is the part of your life which is inclined to God.

Matthew 26:41 (KJV)

Watch and pray, that ye enter not into temptation: the spirit indeed is willing, but the flesh is weak.

God bless.

1 Like

Re: Why Do I Do What I Hates (scripture) by felixawe(m): 1:57pm On Jul 09, 2019
[quote author=jesusjnr post=80036047]What I don't quite get is what you mean by what you hate, for what you hate could be the right thing.
I hate sin yet I found myself committing sin, this means there are two forces (power) operational in man, either of Darkness of of Light which may be yield to..yielding to the fleshly desire is man's unregenerated nature.
We hate fornication/adultery hence we keep indulgence why ?

(1) (Reply)

Evangelist Vict Edet Warns Gospel Singer Tope Alabi Over Wearing Of Makes Up And / "Kenya Jesus": I Am Still In Kenya, Michael Job Clears The Air / Can We Be 100% Sure That God Really Exist ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.