Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,272 members, 7,811,799 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 07:49 PM

God Hates Divorce But What Do You Do When One Party Walks Out Of A Marriage? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / God Hates Divorce But What Do You Do When One Party Walks Out Of A Marriage? (17359 Views)

If God Hates Sin So Much, Then Why Does He Let It Multiply? / God Hates Human Sacrifice / Osinachi: God Still Hates Divorce By Deji Yesufu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

God Hates Divorce But What Do You Do When One Party Walks Out Of A Marriage? by Mharvis: 8:19am On Mar 27, 2022
Hello Wonderful people of God,

So I was going through a topic on the front page yesterday about a wife telling her husband that she isn't interested in the marriage again but the husband didn't want divorce.

Now for the Christians among us, you and I know that God hates divorce. No need to start quoting many scriptures you're already aware of but what happens when one of the parties in the marriage isn't interested in the marriage again??

Just to add personal experiences,

1. My ex-colleague's husband walked out of her marriage of 5 years because she couldn't get pregnant, the husband put another woman in the family way and told her people to return the bride price he paid. Guess what? She's just 31.. What would you advise her to do as a Christian? Remain like that because God hates divorce? At 31 years??

2. My former co-worker in campus fellowship walked out of her marriage because she was tired of hardship. She returned to her village and left the husband in Lagos. The marriage was just 3 years. All efforts to reconcile them didn't work. Another mutual friend called me last month that her husband is remarried, why would he do that? God hates divorce and all that... I had to ask her on phone that man isn't up to 35 years from what I know, what would you expect him do as Hanty no gree come back

Share your thoughts people of God.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: God Hates Divorce But What Do You Do When One Party Walks Out Of A Marriage? by Ammishaddai: 8:23am On Mar 27, 2022
undecided
Re: God Hates Divorce But What Do You Do When One Party Walks Out Of A Marriage? by FERNANDEZISBACK: 8:25am On Mar 27, 2022
What's your God business with how human want to live?
This is marriage... undecided
You should never displease your peace of mind cos of an imaginary creature..

If your marriage life ain't stable and yve tried all you could...why not divorce instead of enduring just to please something.. undecided

26 Likes 3 Shares

Re: God Hates Divorce But What Do You Do When One Party Walks Out Of A Marriage? by Breadandpeppers(f): 8:25am On Mar 27, 2022
I think we are in the era of Grace and in the new covenant.

8 Likes

Re: God Hates Divorce But What Do You Do When One Party Walks Out Of A Marriage? by Uprightness100(m): 8:26am On Mar 27, 2022
We as Humans need to understand some Foundational Principles of Life and in our relationship with GOD ALMIGHTY, our Creator.

THE WORD of GOD is UNCHANGEABLE.
Heaven and Earth will pass away, but the Word of GOD remains. GOD will not Change because of a Changing World.

EVERYONE of us WILL STAND before GOD on a " SOLO LEVEL" to RENDER ACCOUNT to GOD.
Husband and wife will not stand together,
Twins will not stand together,
Culture, religion, belief, technology, etc will not Matter. The Word of GOD is the Standard.

No Matter what happens to you , be the one to Obey the Word of GOD.
If your Hubby or wifey decides to walk away or goes to marry someone else. As one who Fears GOD and Value your soul , it's your cross to carry. You go to GOD in Prayers and seek his face for your partner to return. That is the Reason why you are advised to Earnestly seek GOD'S Face for HIS Choice before you enter into Marriage.

If he/she returns , Praise GOD! If he/she does not return, Praise GOD. Marriage is not a condition to make Heaven.

Obedience to GOD and HIS Word is what is Paramount.
According to GOD'S Word, Only Death Permits a Man/ woman to remarry.

58 Likes 2 Shares

Re: God Hates Divorce But What Do You Do When One Party Walks Out Of A Marriage? by AntiChristian: 8:28am On Mar 27, 2022
Make them no marry again! Marriage is not compulsory na as Paul said!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: God Hates Divorce But What Do You Do When One Party Walks Out Of A Marriage? by Ammishaddai: 8:28am On Mar 27, 2022
Mharvis:

So I was going through a topic on the front page yesterday about a wife telling her husband that she isn't interested in the marriage again but the husband didn't want divorce.

Now for the Christians among us, you and I know that God hates divorce. No need to start quoting many scriptures you're already aware of but what happens when one of the parties in the marriage isn't interested in the marriage again??

1. My ex-colleague's husband walked out of her marriage of 5 years because she couldn't get pregnant, the husband put another woman in the family way and told her people to return the bride price he paid. Guess what? She's just 31.. What would you advise her to do as a Christian? Remain like that because God hates divorce? At 31 years??

2. My former co-worker in campus fellowship walked out of her marriage because she was tired of hardship. She returned to her village and left the husband in Lagos. The marriage was just 3 years. All efforts to reconcile them didn't work. Another mutual friend called me last month that her husband is remarried, why would he do that? God hates divorce and all that... I had to ask her on phone that man isn't up to 35 years from what I know, what would you expect him do as Hanty no gree come back

Bros , the conditions for divorce has been stipulated for in the bible and we dont need to debate this matter further .

See what the bible says in Matt 19:9 :

And I say to you, whoever divorces his wife, except for sexual immorality, and marries another, commits adultery; and whoever marries her who is divorced commits adultery

From the bolded , it is clear that divorce is impossible and no matter the condition or circumstances, a man or woman is not permitted to have a divorce, and even if he should have a divorce, he/she cannot marry because that will be judged as adultery.

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: God Hates Divorce But What Do You Do When One Party Walks Out Of A Marriage? by Mrsoft3(m): 8:36am On Mar 27, 2022
This issue of divorce is a delicate matter, it is true God hates divorce and base on scripture he made sure the provision and foundation for marriage is made available.

He has place before us blessing and curses, life and death and we are to choose. Many marriages today are not standing on the foundation of God hence it will break, because the lord said if you hear his words and do not do them it is liken to a man who build on the foundation of sand and trials came and wiped the house away.

No marriage that will not stand trials, the devil is interested in marriage because it is the authroised institution for reproduction. Since the days of Adam we have seen how the devil has been disrupting a lot of union, and this is so base on the word of God about the seed of the woman bruising the head of serpent.

Let's look at the two examples you gave

1. Who gives a child? A man or God?

2. Who gives blessings that will take away hardship from the life of a man? God or man?

If you hearken obediently to the word of God all this blessings shall over take thee, I believe I have pointed out the root cause of this menace in the society today

15 Likes

Re: God Hates Divorce But What Do You Do When One Party Walks Out Of A Marriage? by Steep: 8:42am On Mar 27, 2022
Mharvis:

marriage is not what one can walk into and walk out from at any time, such mentality is a rebellion against God the originator of marriage.

1 Corinthians 7:11 But and if she depart, let her remain unmarried, or be reconciled to her husband: and let not the husband put away his wife.

7:12 But to the rest speak I, not the Lord: If any brother hath a wife that believeth not, and she be pleased to dwell with him, let him not put her away.

7:13 And the woman which hath an husband that believeth not, and if he be pleased to dwell with her, let her not leave him.

7:14 For the unbelieving husband is sanctified by the wife, and the unbelieving wife is sanctified by the husband: else were your children unclean; but now are they holy.

7:15 But if the unbelieving depart, let him depart. A brother or a sister is not under bondage in such cases: but God hath called us to peace.

When a partner leaves a marriage then the other partner is free.

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: God Hates Divorce But What Do You Do When One Party Walks Out Of A Marriage? by Mharvis: 8:55am On Mar 27, 2022
Ammishaddai:
Bros , the conditions for divorce has been stipulated for in the bible and we dont need to debate this matter further .

And I say to you, whoever divorces his wife, except for sexual immorality, and marries another, commits adultery; and whoever marries her who is divorced commits adultery

From the bolded , it is clear that divorce is impossible and no matter the condition or circumstances, a man or woman is not permitted to have a divorce, and even if he should have a divorce, he/she cannot marry because that will be judged as adultery.

I'm not arguing but this is a very delicate matter. I've resigned to the fact that the way God may judge us may not be how we think He will. If as a man at 35, my wife decides to walk away from me and marry someone else, what do I do with all my hormones that are still raging?? Will God expect me to stay like that or keep fornicating/masturbating or just go and remarry??

This judgment may not be as we think really.

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: God Hates Divorce But What Do You Do When One Party Walks Out Of A Marriage? by Mharvis: 9:01am On Mar 27, 2022
Mrsoft3:
This issue of divorce is a delicate matter, it is true God hates divorce and base on scripture he made sure the provision and foundation for marriage is made available.

He has place before us blessing and curses, life and death and we are to choose. Many marriages today are not standing on the foundation of God hence it will break, because the lord said if you hear his words and do not do them it is liken to a man who build on the foundation of sand and trials came and wiped the house away.

No marriage that will not stand trials, the devil is interested in marriage because it is the authroised institution for reproduction. Since the days of Adam we have seen how the devil has been disrupting a lot of union, and this is so base on the word of God about the seed of the woman bruising the head of serpent.

Let's look at the two examples you gave

1. Who gives a child? A man or God?

2. Who gives blessings that will take away hardship from the life of a man? God or man?

If you hearken obediently to the word of God all this blessings shall over take thee, I believe I have pointed out the root cause of this menace in the society today

Well you've spoken well but how then do we remedy this issue if it has already been damaged? From the examples I gave.

2 Likes

Re: God Hates Divorce But What Do You Do When One Party Walks Out Of A Marriage? by Mrsoft3(m): 9:03am On Mar 27, 2022
Mharvis:

Well you've spoken well but how then do we remedy this issue if it has already been damaged? From the examples I gave.

You see from scriptures we didn't see anybody who divorced and re married, this has made it hard for us Christians to comment on issues as this.

But I strongly want to believe what is not of God will never stand

3 Likes

Re: God Hates Divorce But What Do You Do When One Party Walks Out Of A Marriage? by Nobody: 9:15am On Mar 27, 2022
Hmmm
Re: God Hates Divorce But What Do You Do When One Party Walks Out Of A Marriage? by NwaAmaikpe: 9:28am On Mar 27, 2022
shocked

The myth that God hates divorce is the reason infidelity and spousal murder is on the rise.

Couples stay put in loveless marriage just to save face and because God hates divorce, yet they fvck every living thing outside their home that gives them the faintest of attention or slightest of opportunity.

I've heard lots of pastors' wives complain about how bleak the future of their marriages were and I was kind enough not to let them go without donating an orgasm to them.

If the same bible says in Amos 3:3, "Can two walk together, unless they are agreed?", it means that when one party walks out of the marriage, the marriage that has been walked out of is over.

27 Likes 5 Shares

Re: God Hates Divorce But What Do You Do When One Party Walks Out Of A Marriage? by SwissMass: 9:28am On Mar 27, 2022
God hates divorce that is why you must allow the author of marriage to choose for you, if you make GOD the foundation of your marriage, you wouldn't have any cause to divorce, well you can divorce but as a Christian you can't remarry, look before you leap, GOD is not stupid, He knows your marriage can be perfect despite several challenges that might abound, Adam was lured by Eve to sin but Adam did divorce Eve, that is the precept, if you are a Christian, you must follow Christ to the letter, not dilly dally

4 Likes

Re: God Hates Divorce But What Do You Do When One Party Walks Out Of A Marriage? by ShenTeh(m): 9:28am On Mar 27, 2022
You are stuck.
Re: God Hates Divorce But What Do You Do When One Party Walks Out Of A Marriage? by tutudesz: 9:28am On Mar 27, 2022
Marriage na lottery O! If your ticket no enter, buy another ticket undecided
What about Pastor's that are divorced

2 Likes

Re: God Hates Divorce But What Do You Do When One Party Walks Out Of A Marriage? by Nova1988(m): 9:28am On Mar 27, 2022
That's how all Christian's behave now, we can see it all around. Nobody follows the word of God or Bible again.

1 Like

Re: God Hates Divorce But What Do You Do When One Party Walks Out Of A Marriage? by SwissMass: 9:28am On Mar 27, 2022
Ammishaddai:

The only reason for divorce is it the wife is not a virgin, you can't divorce a wife you have married for any reason, the scripture you quoted the original version stated reason is only for fornication sake which comes before marriage not in marriage

3 Likes

Re: God Hates Divorce But What Do You Do When One Party Walks Out Of A Marriage? by Houseofglam7(f): 9:28am On Mar 27, 2022
undecided
tutudesz:
Marriage na lottery O! If your ticket no enter, buy another ticket undecided
What about Pastor's that are divorced
Pastors are not Jesus Christ, anybody can use any title he likes, even christian is must abused word that never meant what people think, going to church doesn't in any way make you a Christian
Re: God Hates Divorce But What Do You Do When One Party Walks Out Of A Marriage? by planetE(m): 9:29am On Mar 27, 2022
Na to remarry now!!!! Soldier go soldier come , barack no change
Re: God Hates Divorce But What Do You Do When One Party Walks Out Of A Marriage? by DropsMic(m): 9:29am On Mar 27, 2022
The God the white man introduced to us hates everything...

2 Likes

Re: God Hates Divorce But What Do You Do When One Party Walks Out Of A Marriage? by Deltatoto: 9:29am On Mar 27, 2022
Mharvis:

who tell u say God hate divorce.

2 Likes

Re: God Hates Divorce But What Do You Do When One Party Walks Out Of A Marriage? by merits(m): 9:29am On Mar 27, 2022
Mharvis:

You move on na.
Re: God Hates Divorce But What Do You Do When One Party Walks Out Of A Marriage? by silibaba: 9:29am On Mar 27, 2022
Mharvis:

If adultery was involved divorce can come in play but can't remarry. That is the law. But Christians respect only tithe law and ignore the weightier laws.

1 Like

Re: God Hates Divorce But What Do You Do When One Party Walks Out Of A Marriage? by SwissMass: 9:29am On Mar 27, 2022
Breadandpeppers:
I think we are in the era of Grace and in the new covenant.
Grace you say
Re: God Hates Divorce But What Do You Do When One Party Walks Out Of A Marriage? by TheMan3: 9:30am On Mar 27, 2022
FERNANDEZISBACK:

If your marriage life ain't stable and yve tried all you could...why not divorce instead of enduring just to please something.. undecided
you are of all men most miserable.

To the question. God did not create a bondage or jail called marriage. There are specific grounds, reason and ways for divorce. But not flimsy excuses

4 Likes

Re: God Hates Divorce But What Do You Do When One Party Walks Out Of A Marriage? by FERNANDEZISBACK: 9:31am On Mar 27, 2022
TheMan3:
you are of all men most miserable
Are you done?
Re: God Hates Divorce But What Do You Do When One Party Walks Out Of A Marriage? by Bluesearoll(m): 9:31am On Mar 27, 2022
Who is this fool?
FERNANDEZISBACK:

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Prophet Faleyimu Olagoroye: "5 Nollywood Stars Will Die In 2018” / Can A Born Again Christian Be A Traditional Ruler In Nigeria? / Christmas Is A Celebration For Pagans – Daddy Freeze

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.