Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,436 members, 7,819,595 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:44 PM

Messi's Copa America "Corrupt" Comments "Lack Respect" Says Tournament Bosses - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Messi's Copa America "Corrupt" Comments "Lack Respect" Says Tournament Bosses (15658 Views)

Brazil End Messi's Copa America Dream / Copa America: Brazil Star Neymar Carried Off In Tears After Injury Again!(Photos / Cristiano Ronaldo And Lionel Messi Lack Respect – Fabio Capello (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Messi's Copa America "Corrupt" Comments "Lack Respect" Says Tournament Bosses by Nobody: 10:09pm On Jul 07, 2019
sureteeboy:

My point is, the Referee isn't responsible for Argentina's misery in the tournament. They lost their first game, struggled to win a few and lost soundly to Brazil at the Semi Final.
VAR was absent against Brazil. That deny Argentina about 2 penalty calls!!!
And that red card, even Afcon Refs are not that poor!!!

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Messi's Copa America "Corrupt" Comments "Lack Respect" Says Tournament Bosses by olagbola45(m): 10:15pm On Jul 07, 2019
popweezy:
Messi been looking at the card as if he had never seen it before.. Kikikikiki

ORORO MI 4 THE BALLON D'OR! how many pple support me

you are alone

3 Likes

Re: Messi's Copa America "Corrupt" Comments "Lack Respect" Says Tournament Bosses by YoungAncient1: 10:16pm On Jul 07, 2019
Oga has been looking for a way to bail out if the national team no be today.

1 Like

Re: Messi's Copa America "Corrupt" Comments "Lack Respect" Says Tournament Bosses by ClintonNzedimma(m): 10:25pm On Jul 07, 2019
Its funny every1 here is against Messi. if you watched copa america, you would have seen the truth, i believe messi is exaggerating the issue but honestly this copa america was poo, argentina were robbed honestly.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Messi's Copa America "Corrupt" Comments "Lack Respect" Says Tournament Bosses by correctguy2010: 10:27pm On Jul 07, 2019
popweezy:
Messi been looking at the card as if he had never seen it before.. Kikikikiki

ORORO MI 4 THE BALLON D'OR! how many pple support me

CR7 is not even among the list of those qualified for ballon d'or.. wake up

2 Likes

Re: Messi's Copa America "Corrupt" Comments "Lack Respect" Says Tournament Bosses by Ijaycool(f): 10:28pm On Jul 07, 2019
sureteeboy:
The referee goofed on the red card, but this guy should shut the hell up. His case his just synonymous with Nigerians and Africans at large who always blame the ref and officials after every horrendous performance of theirs at the global stage

Referee did as was instructed. The odds of a Messi HT red card was 27 odds. Those Organizers don hammer
Re: Messi's Copa America "Corrupt" Comments "Lack Respect" Says Tournament Bosses by Godsage(m): 10:34pm On Jul 07, 2019
correctguy2010:

CR7 is not even among the list of those qualified for ballon d'or.. wake up

How is he not qualified
Italian Mvp

10 Likes

Re: Messi's Copa America "Corrupt" Comments "Lack Respect" Says Tournament Bosses by pojophilius(m): 10:39pm On Jul 07, 2019
olagbola45:

can you just shut up if you don't watch all d matches

we know how e dey go...south America football is dem corrupt we knew it
oga calm down for, even as Brazil be host,dem don give Peru penalty today and Gabriel Jesus just collect red card, you think sey Copa America na beans??

4 Likes

Re: Messi's Copa America "Corrupt" Comments "Lack Respect" Says Tournament Bosses by bizhop01: 10:44pm On Jul 07, 2019
Messi forcing him self too hard to fit in Ronaldo shoe,
You try man, but no go do pass your self.

4 Likes

Re: Messi's Copa America "Corrupt" Comments "Lack Respect" Says Tournament Bosses by 27Pushing30: 10:46pm On Jul 07, 2019
maasoap:

You didn't even realise that you are speaking from both sides of the mouth.

You can’t read n comprehend smh

His post was clear and unambiguous

3 Likes

Re: Messi's Copa America "Corrupt" Comments "Lack Respect" Says Tournament Bosses by flowx(m): 10:57pm On Jul 07, 2019
eni4real:
I don't know why Nairaland has failed to post many articles that support Messi's claim...
Do you guys expect COMEBOL President to admit that corruption was involved??

Messi is now the most hated player on Nairaland!!!

Messi bashing loading in comment section...
Pained Barca fan... God will see you through... Messi no be real goat... Ntooo!

3 Likes

Re: Messi's Copa America "Corrupt" Comments "Lack Respect" Says Tournament Bosses by Kolex465(m): 11:30pm On Jul 07, 2019
This truly gave me the ability to recognize the difference between GOAT and ASUN
CR7 vs Leo

3 Likes

Re: Messi's Copa America "Corrupt" Comments "Lack Respect" Says Tournament Bosses by Beverlyjean(f): 11:33pm On Jul 07, 2019
eni4real:
VAR was absent against Brazil. That deny Argentina about 2 penalty calls!!!
And that red card, even Afcon Refs are not that poor!!!

Dint the ref deny Nigeria a penalty against Argentina last year, even with var... Did Messi complain then?? Always making excuses...

Messi wants to blame a whole continent for his failure to win a continental tournament that has been hosted 4 times and in 8yrs

5 Likes

Re: Messi's Copa America "Corrupt" Comments "Lack Respect" Says Tournament Bosses by Promzyunique(m): 11:37pm On Jul 07, 2019
olagbola45:

can you just shut up if you don't watch all d matches

we know how e dey go...south America football is dem corrupt we knew it

And La liga football is what

1 Like

Re: Messi's Copa America "Corrupt" Comments "Lack Respect" Says Tournament Bosses by Nobody: 11:39pm On Jul 07, 2019
Beverlyjean:

Dint the ref deny Nigeria a penalty against Argentina last year, even with var... Did Messi complain then?? Always making excuses...

Messi wants to blame a whole continent for his failure to win a continental tournament that has been hosted 4 times and in 8yrs
It is better if he accepts anomaly right..

What is the essence if the VAR if you don't use it??

He is the leader, he must speak when others can't!!
Re: Messi's Copa America "Corrupt" Comments "Lack Respect" Says Tournament Bosses by Nobody: 11:43pm On Jul 07, 2019
flowx:
Pained Barca fan... God will see you through... Messi no be real goat... Ntooo!
Messi is the GOAT. He always try his best with the national team. And he never hides.. He always help anywhere the team need him whether in the attack or in the midfield...

He will win with them one day tho... He will never give up!!

1 Like

Re: Messi's Copa America "Corrupt" Comments "Lack Respect" Says Tournament Bosses by blaise26abj(m): 11:57pm On Jul 07, 2019
colbankz:
I respect Messi alot... But he bottled up at the tournament and now he's looking for excuses... He should remember that he had enjoyed corruption on many times At FCB.

God bless you at that last statement

1 Like

Re: Messi's Copa America "Corrupt" Comments "Lack Respect" Says Tournament Bosses by Beverlyjean(f): 12:02am On Jul 08, 2019
eni4real:
It is better if he accepts anomaly right..

What is the essence if the VAR if you don't use it??

He is the leader, he must speak when others can't!!

With or without var.. they can't match up to Brazil.... Brazil will murder them anyday... They still will fail next year because they are not just capable.. their only hope is aguero... He has been their top scorer in their last two tournaments... Even tho he hardly starts... Ur Messi is no different from Gerrard or totti... That's his level... Ronaldo is miles ahead of him

5 Likes

Re: Messi's Copa America "Corrupt" Comments "Lack Respect" Says Tournament Bosses by Beverlyjean(f): 12:03am On Jul 08, 2019
eni4real:
Messi is the GOAT. He always try his best with the national team. And he never hides.. He always help anywhere the team need him whether in the attack or in the midfield...

He will win with them one day tho... He will never give up!!

Like he helped his team throw away his spot kick against chile grin...the ball is still on the moon
Re: Messi's Copa America "Corrupt" Comments "Lack Respect" Says Tournament Bosses by Nobody: 12:05am On Jul 08, 2019
Beverlyjean:

With or without var.. they can't match up to Brazil.... Brazil will murder them anyday... They still will fail next year because they are not just capable.. their only hope is aguero... He has been their top scorer in their last two tournaments... Even tho he hardly starts... Ur Messi is no different from Gerrard or totti... That's his level... Ronaldo is miles ahead of him
With VAR, 2 penalty calls are likely...
So you can never tell.. Messi is not claiming that they are better than Brazil as a team.. But the Ref was supposed to make the right call. VAR exist for a reason!!
Re: Messi's Copa America "Corrupt" Comments "Lack Respect" Says Tournament Bosses by Nobody: 12:09am On Jul 08, 2019
Beverlyjean:

Like he helped his team throw away his spot kick against chile grin...the ball is still on the moon

2015 final: Only Messi score his penalty, others missed
2016 final: Messi missed his penalty
2017: Messi scored a hatrick that make Argentina qualify for the World cup because they were losing when he was banned. He came back to save them...
2019 group Stage: Messi scored the penalty that give Argentina a chance to progress!!!

Don't be selective in your criticism!!!

Messi is the GOAT tongue

1 Like

Re: Messi's Copa America "Corrupt" Comments "Lack Respect" Says Tournament Bosses by Beverlyjean(f): 12:14am On Jul 08, 2019
eni4real:

2015 final: Only Messi score his penalty, others missed
2016 final: Messi missed his penalty
2017: Messi scored a hatrick that make Argentina qualify for the World cup because they were losing when he was banned. He came back to save them...
2019 group Stage: Messi scored the penalty that give Argentina a chance to progress!!!

Don't be selective in your criticism!!!

Messi is the GOAT tongue

U are stil posting nonsense... Aguero and martinez qualified Argentina with their goals in their final group game and not Messi ... ur Messi went AWOL.. in 2014 Ronaldo also scored a hat trick against ibrahimovic's Sweden to qualify Portugal to the world cup, so it's nothing new...

U said he came bk to save them like he dint play those games that put them in that position... Y dint he save them in the world cup or Copa ... He was busy collecting red card and looking for penalties, blaming ref and grass

1 Like

Re: Messi's Copa America "Corrupt" Comments "Lack Respect" Says Tournament Bosses by Beverlyjean(f): 12:16am On Jul 08, 2019
eni4real:
With VAR, 2 penalty calls are likely...
So you can never tell.. Messi is not claiming that they are better than Brazil as a team.. But the Ref was supposed to make the right call. VAR exist for a reason!!

There are refs in the var room...if it was a penalty, they will signal the ref... As long as no one signalled, it wasn't a penalty and the ref dint need to waste time... Most of u don't know the rules of VAR..
Re: Messi's Copa America "Corrupt" Comments "Lack Respect" Says Tournament Bosses by Nobody: 12:22am On Jul 08, 2019
Beverlyjean:

U are stil posting nonsense... Aguero and martinez qualified Argentina with their goals in their final group game and not Messi ... ur Messi went AWOL.. in 2014 Ronaldo also scored a hat trick against ibrahimovic's Sweden to qualify Portugal to the world cup, so it's nothing new...

U said he came bk to save them like he dint play those games that put them in that position... Y dint he save them in the world cup or Copa ... He was busy collecting red card and looking for penalties, blaming ref and grass
Ronaldo is not relevant In my post...

Without Messi, Argentina will not qualify for the 2018 World cup and that is due to his ban during qualifier...

This is about the impact of Messi in the National team despite the poor team set up in Argentina.. Stop including Ronaldo where he doesn't belong...
All my point is about Messi... I didn't compare him with Ronaldo in that post. What are you afraid of sef?? tongue

Messi is the Continent best player for a decade now.. Of he does not speak of any mishap in the COMEBOL, who will??
He is a big player, what he did is legendary... He challenged them.
No VAR against Brazil
Straight red card in 3rd place (definitely due to his criticism of bad officiating in previous match. Lolz)
He is not the only one that complain about the pitch but hus opinion is the loudest because he is Lionel Messi!!!

1 Like

Re: Messi's Copa America "Corrupt" Comments "Lack Respect" Says Tournament Bosses by Beverlyjean(f): 12:29am On Jul 08, 2019
eni4real:
Ronaldo is not relevant In my post...

Without Messi, Argentina will not qualify for the 2018 World cup and that is due to his ban during qualifier...

This is about the impact of Messi in the National team despite the poor team set up in Argentina.. Stop including Ronaldo where he doesn't belong...
All my point is about Messi... I didn't compare him with Ronaldo in that post. What are you afraid of sef?? tongue

Messi is the Continent best player for a decade now.. Of he does not speak of any mishap in the COMEBOL, who will??
He is a big player, what he did is legendary... He challenged them.
No VAR against Brazil
Straight red card in 3rd place (definitely due to his criticism of bad officiating in previous match. Lolz)
He is not the only one that complain about the pitch but hus opinion is the loudest because he is Lionel Messi!!!

Messi is a failure...let it get to ur head... He is a confirmed failure for Argentina... Someone that can't win Copa in 5 attempts... U wanna use him to compare maradona that won 2copas in 3 attempts.. and a world cup in 3 attempts and getting to the final back to back ... U Messi fans are deluded I swear.... Someone that carried a dead Napoli from bottom to top... If maradona was present now ... Hu is Messi?? Always looking for Hu to blame for his failures... It took Ronaldo 4attempts to win a more difficult European cup compared to Copa America...

3 Likes

Re: Messi's Copa America "Corrupt" Comments "Lack Respect" Says Tournament Bosses by Nobody: 12:35am On Jul 08, 2019
Beverlyjean:

Messi is a failure...let it get to ur head... He is a confirmed failure for Argentina... Someone that can't win Copa in 5 attempts... U wanna use him to compare maradona that won 2copas in 3 attempts.. and a world cup in 3 attempts and getting to the final back to back ... U Messi fans are deluded I swear.... Someone that carried a dead Napoli from bottom to top... If maradona was present now ... Hu is Messi?? Always looking for Hu to blame for his failures... It took Ronaldo 4attempts to win a more difficult European cup compared to Copa America...
Messi is not a failure. Let it sink in your mind. He is just unlucky!! He had won World Cup golden ball and Copa America Golden ball without winning the World cup/Copa America . He was unfortunate to miss out in those years when he was the best player In the competition. Would you say Kanu is a failure for not winning any international trophy, no he was just unlucky despite playing 1 final even though he was not the best player of the tournament
Would you say Drogba is a failure especially because he has best Ivory Coast team in history, you dare not!!!

Messi had Higuain tho, the striker that choose to switch off In all finals for club and country!!!!

I watched Argentina last trophy and I saw Bastituta banging in 2 goals in the final.. I said to myself, Higuain will never score that. Why is that guy a striker sef??
See below:

1 Like

Re: Messi's Copa America "Corrupt" Comments "Lack Respect" Says Tournament Bosses by Beverlyjean(f): 12:43am On Jul 08, 2019
eni4real:
Messi is not a failure. Let it sink in your mind. He is just unlucky!! He had won World Cup golden ball and Copa America Golden ball without winning the World cup/Copa America . He was unfortunate to miss out in those years when he was the best player In the competition. Would you say Kanu is a failure for not winning any international trophy, no he was just unlucky despite playing 1 final even though he was not the best player of the tournament
Would you say Drogba is a failure especially because he has best Ivory Coast team in history, you dare not!!!

Messi had Higuain tho, the striker that choose to switch off In all finals for club and country!!!!

I watched Argentina last trophy and I saw Bastituta banging in 2 goals in the final.. I said to myself, Higuain will never score that. Why is that guy a striker sef??
See below:

Nonsense... U call him the goat.. y dint he perform his goat rituals by taking up the mantle... Higuain missed a chance.. y did Messi also throw away him penalty to the moon... He is the reason y aguero hasn't won the Copa .. Messi is the reason....y did Messi also switch off in finals ... Messi switched off in all those 4finals that he lost... If not for aguero that win him those penalties in the final against Nigeria and the fake ref... Messi wudnt hv seen that cup .. Di Maria is greater than him.... Di Maria scored the most important goal for Messi in Argentina...if not for di Maria , Messi wudnt hv won the Olympics... I guess he needs Nigeria in the Copa America final to win a trophy grin

3 Likes

Re: Messi's Copa America "Corrupt" Comments "Lack Respect" Says Tournament Bosses by Nobody: 1:04am On Jul 08, 2019
Beverlyjean:

Nonsense... U call him the goat.. y dint he perform his goat rituals by taking up the mantle... Higuain missed a chance.. y did Messi also throw away him penalty to the moon... He is the reason y aguero hasn't won the Copa .. Messi is the reason....y did Messi also switch off in finals ... Messi switched off in all those 4finals that he lost... If not for aguero that win him those penalties in the final against Nigeria and the fake ref... Messi wudnt hv seen that cup .. Di Maria is greater than him.... Di Maria scored the most important goal for Messi in Argentina...if not for di Maria , Messi wudnt hv won the Olympics... I guess he needs Nigeria in the Copa America final to win a trophy grin
Messi is the Greatest Of All Time. Stop disturbing yourself...

Cruyff has o international trophies. Of which Marco Van Basten won 1 Euro,

Cruyff(Player) won the European GOAT of 20th century, the best player in the history of Netherland....
He is the best bit unlucky in 74 World cup final(that German team was tactical tho, as far as I could see)!!

George Weah? Bad example, sorry!! He is the African GOAT with international trophy. Never played in a World Cup nor won the nations Cup(once again bad example, but he should be mentioned)

Messi is the GOAT. I have never seen a best scorer (6 European Golden boot) who also won the World best Playmaker (3 consecutive) in my entire life...

Only Pele is close to Messi in terms of individual greatness!!!

1 Like

Re: Messi's Copa America "Corrupt" Comments "Lack Respect" Says Tournament Bosses by Beverlyjean(f): 1:09am On Jul 08, 2019
eni4real:
Messi is the Greatest Of All Time. Stop disturbing yourself...

Cruyff has o international trophies. Of which Marco Van Basten won 1 Euro,

Cruyff(Player) won the European GOAT of 20th century, the best player in the history of Netherland....
He is the best bit unlucky in 74 World cup final(that German team was tactical tho, as far as I could see)!!

George Weah? Bad example, sorry!! He is the African GOAT with international trophy. Never played in a World Cup nor won the nations Cup(once again bad example, but he should be mentioned)

Messi is the GOAT. I have never seen a best scorer (6 European Golden boot) who also won the World best Playmaker (3 consecutive) in my entire life...

Only Pele is close to Messi in terms of individual greatness!!!

EGB from one league... Ronaldo won it in 2 different leagues.... Only man to hv done that
Re: Messi's Copa America "Corrupt" Comments "Lack Respect" Says Tournament Bosses by Nobody: 1:10am On Jul 08, 2019
Beverlyjean:

There are refs in the var room...if it was a penalty, they will signal the ref... As long as no one signalled, it wasn't a penalty and the ref dint need to waste time... Most of u don't know the rules of VAR..
The Ref was signal led but he was adamant make the call..

Read the full story on Bleacher Reports!!
Re: Messi's Copa America "Corrupt" Comments "Lack Respect" Says Tournament Bosses by Beverlyjean(f): 1:11am On Jul 08, 2019
eni4real:
The Ref was signal led but he was adamant make the call..

Read the full story on Bleacher Reports!!

What's bleachers report...bleached news... Show me a report from a credible sports news page
Re: Messi's Copa America "Corrupt" Comments "Lack Respect" Says Tournament Bosses by Nobody: 1:15am On Jul 08, 2019
Beverlyjean:

EGB from one league... Ronaldo won it in 2 different leagues.... Only man to hv done that
That is the pathway of Ronaldo career. That is what suit him. If he decided to be a one team player, he will be much inferior to Messi because he can't win that much if he stayed in Man united without making any move!!!

Moyes and Van Gaal will ruin him further with their useless tactics. Mourinho and Solkjaeer?? All I know is that he would not be able to score as much as he did in Madrid nor win Ballon d'or to catch up with Messi...

The Madrid move help his career.

Hopefully, the Juventus move will add more to his laurels and Ballon d'or!!!

But Messi is great even though he doesn't have to shuttle from one great club to another greater club ...

I wish he is not too loyal tho... There is life beyond Camp Nou. Who being loyal epp..

Man city Bayern and PSG will offer him a lot of trophies...

Loyalty don't pay that much. Playing for personal awards and trophies is fun!!!

Unfortunately, Messi is not like me!!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Gov Wike Rewards Rivers United Players, Officials $20,000 Each / Arsenal's Alexandre Lacazette Offered to Barcelona, Atletico Madrid and Juventus / Ohale Scores, Oshoala, Chikwelu In Action As Barca Edge Madrid

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.