Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,151 members, 7,818,473 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:42 PM

Purpose Of Creation? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Purpose Of Creation? (1769 Views)

The Reason Scientific World Doesn't Accept The Genesis Account Of Creation / Original Obatala Story Of Creation Proves The Dome Covering Ile / Yoruba Story Of Creation. Fact Or Fiction (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Purpose Of Creation? by Magnoliaa(f): 9:43pm On Jul 07, 2019
What's the intent of God for creating the world, (maybe the galaxy and space yonder too), mankind? And the pain, stuggles, and issues we all face--what are they for? Only to meet death at the end?

Is there something/some things we are to do while here? And if there is, that too - what's the reason for it?

Or everything is just without a purpose (which is contrary to who God is)?

I'd like answers or some explanations from the Bible alone and from Christians.

Re: Purpose Of Creation? by budaatum: 9:52pm On Jul 07, 2019
We don't do "Bible alone", or "from Christians" here.
We do from "human beings" instead.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Purpose Of Creation? by UceeGod: 10:07pm On Jul 07, 2019
budaatum:
We don't do "Bible alone", or "from Christians" here.
We do from "human beings" instead.
Unfortunately for you, the Bible is the only book that has answers to her questions. The Bible is manual for effective earthly existence for humans, provided you have the right understanding.

2 Likes

Re: Purpose Of Creation? by budaatum: 10:13pm On Jul 07, 2019
UceeGod:

Unfortunately for you, the Bible is the only book that has answers to her questions. The Bible is manual for effective earthly existence for humans, provided you have the right understanding.
If it were true that "the Bible is the only book that has answers to her questions", and if she had the "right understanding" of it, she would have asked the Bible for the purpose of creation instead of asking Nairaland.

2 Likes

Re: Purpose Of Creation? by Magnoliaa(f): 12:23am On Jul 08, 2019
budaatum:

If it were true that "the Bible is the only book that has answers to her questions", and if she had the "right understanding" of it, she would have asked the Bible for the purpose of creation instead of asking Nairaland.

Knowledge varies and we are all at different stages in life. So there are some things some have a better understanding of more than another.

I am directing my question to Christians (for a reason) on Nairaland. A group of people in the religion section. That's permitted definitely.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Purpose Of Creation? by MuttleyLaff: 3:56am On Jul 08, 2019
Magnoliaa:
What's the intent of God for creating the world, (maybe the galaxy and space yonder too), mankind?
"Thou art worthy, O Lord, to receive glory and honour and power:
for thou hast created all things, and for thy pleasure they are and were created (i.e. was created because of your will)
"
- Revelation 4:11

"The people whom I formed for Myself Will declare My praise."
- Isaiah 43:21

The intent, as seen from Revelation 4:11 & Isaiah 43:21 above, is the actualisation and/or realization of a God determination, wish, desire, ambition, idea, dream etcetera

Magnoliaa:
And the pain, stuggles, and issues we all face--what are they for? Only to meet death at the end?
Dont worry about all that, because at last, at last, in spite of the pain, struggles, and issues we all face, we will in the end of it all be alright. You were born to be real, not to be perfect. We are not perfect, never have been but will be. Death, pain, stuggles, and issues we all face can seem so unfair, but what do we know?

Magnoliaa:
Is there something/some things we are to do while here? And if there is, that too - what's the reason for it?
"17And whatsoever ye do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God and the Father by him
23Whatever you do, work at it with your whole being, for the Lord and not for men
"
- Colossians 3:17&23

Primarily, you are created into existence to be you.

Just to get some perspective, watch this. I imagine you have a flat/apartment/home you bought or rent to live in. If an art lover, you probably bought a hand painted framed canvas wall art, yeah? If I may ask,
1/ What is the purpose of you buying the hand painted framed canvas wall art?.
2/ Is there something the hand painted framed canvas wall art is meant to be doing whilst in your flat/apartment/home?
3/ What happens to the hand painted framed canvas wall art, the moment it doesnt anymore live up to your expectation or desire?

"Then God said, "Let Us make man in Our image, according to Our likeness..."
- Genesis 1:26a

If your Bible verses memory serves you well, you'll recall that unlike each preceeding creation declared good, the good noun or adjective wasnt used for man. I am sure you know why? Of course, it's because God knew man wasnt good enough talkless be considering perfection.

To be perfect, means unable to improve any further, but remember no where in the Bible is man mentioned as being good or created perfect, so we effectively are here to become a better person, better human beings, better people, and the reason is to fully and truly show the image and likeness to the Godhead.

Could give some info about good, but it'll be outside the scope of the request for information (RFI) and possibly be more than enough info too.

Magnoliaa:
Nah, God, always is a purposeful God, not nor never a whims and caprices God

Magnoliaa:
Already obliged

1 Like

Re: Purpose Of Creation? by budaatum: 7:03am On Jul 08, 2019
Magnoliaa:

Knowledge varies and we are all at different stages in life. So there are some things some have a better understanding of more than another.

I am directing my question to Christians (for a reason) on Nairaland. A group of people in the religion section. That's permitted definitely.
Yes, its very definitely permitted. Just as much as its permitted for neo-Christians to respond too, is my point.
Re: Purpose Of Creation? by Nobody: 8:42am On Jul 08, 2019
Magnoliaa:
What's the intent of God for creating the world, (maybe the galaxy and space yonder too), mankind?
God most definitely has a reason for creating the universe but i'm going to restrict my response to God's purpose for creating mankind, because i believe His intent for creating the world could be drawn from it.

For I waa after God had created everything else in His creation at the beginning( the world), and on the sixth day of His creation that God said:

Genesis 1:26 (KJV)

And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

So that was the purpose for which God created mankind if you are able to comprehend it, for I believe this saying is common knowledge, but where the problem usually lied was in the lack of the right understanding, interpretation and application of that knowledge.

Now from the timing of the saying, which was after God had created every other thing, you would observe that it was an idea that was a function of His creation, for after God had created everything on Earth, God being resident in heaven, thought of having someone like Him on Earth who would be in charge, manage and supervise His creation.

Hence His saying "let's us make man in our image and likeness," for it was supposed to be a creature on Earth, but one that God would make to look like God on the outside, which was the image part, and the heart or the inside, which was the likeness part.

And the manner of that saying which revealed God purpose for creating man, showed that man was God's most important and pivotal creature of all that He had made in the beginning.

So after God had made man in His own image(Genesis 2:7) , which completed the first stage of God idea, God then gave man His Word(Genesis 2:16-17) to become His likeness, which completed the second part.

So it was upon this premise that God blessed man, who He had made male and female, and said to them:

"...Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth." Genesis 1:28 (KJV)

Magnoliaa:
And the pain, stuggles, and issues we all face--what are they for? Only to meet death at the end?
All these you mentioned here inclusive of death are not part of the original purpose or plan of God for creating man, which was why I had to break it down.

For the man that multiplied upon the Earth wasn't the one that God originally intended when He made man, for it was man in the image of God but without the likeness which is His Word that completes the purpose for which God made man.

So that's how death came into the equation, and why God had to destroy man from the Earth at some point even though they multiplied, for the man that God blessed and told to multiply upon the face of the Earth, was different from the man that multiplied upon the face of the Earth.

For the former was both the image and likeness of God which was the purpose for which God made man, while the latter was just the image was just a part of it.

And although there were men who came closer to the purpose of God for creating man just like Noah and hence God saving him from the flood, it took the coming of the Word of God in the human form, to perfect that purpose for which God made man in the beginning, which was a combination of the image and likeness of God in human form, and hence His eternal life despite being man.

Magnoliaa:

We were all made in the image of God, but to complete the purpose for which God made man in the beginning, which was to make man in His image and likeness, we ought to keep the Word of God which God gave to man in the beginning, which is Jesus.

For that's how the purpose of God making man In the would be fulfilled in our own lives.

p.s. It is also possible as a man to have eternal life and never die, depending on the extent to which man is able to achieve that purpose.

God bless

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Purpose Of Creation? by Magnoliaa(f): 10:31am On Jul 08, 2019
MuttleyLaff:
"Thou
Dont worry about all that, because at last, at last, in spite of the pain, struggles, and issues we all face, we will in the end of it all be alright. You were born to be real, not to be perfect. We are not perfect, never have been but will be. Death, pain, stuggles, and issues we all face can seem so unfair, but what do we know?

How's everything going to be all right? What will make them be? Are you saying those things are also a part of God's plan for the perfection of man to be achieved (i.e becoming a likeness of God)?

MuttleyLaff:
Just to get some perspective, watch this. I imagine you have a flat/apartment/home you bought or rent to live in. If an art lover, you probably bought a hand painted framed canvas wall art, yeah? If I may ask,
1/ What is the purpose of you buying the hand painted framed canvas wall art?.
2/ Is there something the hand painted framed canvas wall art is meant to be doing whilst in your flat/apartment/home?
3/ What happens to the hand painted framed canvas wall art, the moment it doesnt anymore live up to your expectation or desire?

It'll be GOD buying that piece of wall art then, lol. If you're comparing that to the reason for the Creation of man.

MuttleyLaff:
[i]Then God said, "Let Us make man in Our image, according to Our likeness...
"
- Genesis 1:26a

If your Bible verses memory serves you well, you'll recall that unlike each preceeding creation declared good, the good noun or adjective wasnt used for man. I am sure you know why? Of course, it's because God knew man wasnt good enough talkless be considering perfection.

God made man in His image and likeness at the beginning, how then can he be less than good? An handiwork of God?

And didn't the Bible also call men gods? What does that mean?

MuttleyLaff:
To be perfect, means unable to improve any further, but remember no where in the Bible is man mentioned as being good or created perfect, so we effectively are here to become a better person, better human beings, better people, and the reason is to fully and truly show the image and likeness to the Godhead.

The Bible said man was created in the image and likeness of God. The likeness was there already.

1 Like

Re: Purpose Of Creation? by Magnoliaa(f): 10:33am On Jul 08, 2019
jesusjnr:
God bless

Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Purpose Of Creation? by Nobody: 12:21pm On Jul 08, 2019
Magnoliaa:

Thank you.
Thank God sis.

1 Like

Re: Purpose Of Creation? by UceeGod: 4:38pm On Jul 08, 2019
Magnoliaa:
What's the intent of God for creating the world, (maybe the galaxy and space yonder too), mankind? And the pain, stuggles, and issues we all face--what are they for? Only to meet death at the end?

I want to make it as short as possible
God created a good world and created a good man with His characteristics to take care of the world in His behalf.
Think of a King who has another territory far away and then places a regent to govern that territory for Him.
The plan was (and still is) for man to depend completely on God in order to effectively carry out this purpose - taking care of the world the way God wants. Now God is a Spirit and the created man is also a spirit that has a soul (mind, emotions and will) and a body to contact the world which he lives. As long as the man (through his spirit) continues to relate regularly with God, His purpose (and man's WORK to dominate the earth) will be effective. Man's spirit can only relate with God by intuition, conscience and communion, the soul of the man is meant to take instructions from the spirit and the body is meant to carry out what has been deposited on the soul by the spirit if man is to effectively carry out God's purpose on earth. The three spiritual functions can only be actualized in Eden (God's Presence). But Satan succeeded in deceiving man into rebellion against God and man lost Eden so man could no longer relate effectively with God and His purpose was put on hold for some time until redemption.
When man lost Eden, the result was that man could no longer relate with God through his spirit so the spirit became dead to God. Man had to resort to religion in order to contact God. Moreover, the soul became subject to the body instead of the spirit. Satan uses this advantage to continue to entice man into rebellion against God and do exactly opposite what God purposed for him - disorganize and destroy the earth.
God has redeemed humanity from the chaos he inflicted upon himself and from the bondage of Satan through the life, death and resurrection of His incarnate Son - Jesus Christ. But the redemption will be fully realized after His second coming. Unfortunately, not all humans are (or will be) part of this redemption, only people who have FAITH in Christ will be.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Purpose Of Creation? by Nobody: 6:05pm On Jul 08, 2019
Magnoliaa:

TRUE Christians don't participate in such a dialogue because Jesus has sent his TRUE followers to you, but perhaps you misconstrued them for false religionists due to the misconception spread by misinformed churchgoers. Let me just give you three clues!
(1) God created the heavens for himself and his spirit sons {angels} but earth for humans! Psalms 115:16
We're to populate the earth until it is filled and perhaps he will undo our ability to continue reproducing! Genesis 1:26-28
(2)One of his mighty spirit sons feels like becoming a deity to be worshipped as well and since God don't judge without evidence he allowed him to carry out his schemes, sadly our first parents joined in that rebellion so this resulted to Suffering, Sickness and Death! Genesis 3:16:19
(3) We are all descendants of this first couple so we inherited Suffering, Sickness, Old-age and Death from them {Romans 5:12} That's why God quickly arranged for one of his loyal spirit sons to come and replace our first father Adam! 1Corinthians 15:45
This mighty spirit son came in person of Jesus, what we're required to do now is turn to God as obedient children and regain what Adam lost {everlasting life} this spirit son will make that possible by first paying for our sins {debt} and teaching us how to relate with his God and Father {John 20:17}
But God will NEVER look with favour all those who refuse to take advantage of this wonderful provision, it is called God's undeserved kindness or Grace! John 3:16-18

If you are satisfied and want to know more, just pray to God and he will send his true servants to come and study the Bible with you FREELY in your own home and at your own convenience! Matthew 10:8
God bless you!

1 Like

Re: Purpose Of Creation? by Ihedinobi3: 6:32pm On Jul 08, 2019
Magnoliaa:

Dear Magnoliaa

What difference would it make to you if God had a purpose for creating everything including you? What if you found out that He does and His Purpose is the exact opposite of what you have been living for all this time? Would you up-end your life just to follow whatever His Purpose is?
Re: Purpose Of Creation? by MuttleyLaff: 6:24am On Jul 09, 2019
Magnoliaa:
How's everything going to be all right? What will make them be?
"And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes;
and there shall be no more death,
neither sorrow, nor crying,
neither shall there be any more pain:
for the former things are passed away.
"
- Revelation 21:4

Please dont make me think for a moment, that you feel that, God is experimenting with humans and that's why you asked the question: how's everything going to be all right. Well Magnoliaa, Revelation 21:4, above is a very useful, educational and informative scripture

Magnoliaa:
Are you saying those things are also a part of God's plan for the perfection of man to be achieved (i.e becoming a likeness of God)?
Yes, absolutely and there are no two ways about it. What comes easy won't last, what lasts won't come easy. Think about that

Magnoliaa:
It'll be GOD buying that piece of wall art then, lol. If you're comparing that to the reason for the Creation of man.
I was just giving you a perspective you can relate with to understand that things we do have purposes. We as human beings, hardly do things without purpose, people buy a piece of wall art, for different reasons. Just like week, an acquaintance, was telling me of one of his rich customers, who is into buying work of art paintings, as a future investment. Meanwhile, an average home owner, like you and I, would buy piece of wall arts, to adorn on our living room wall, for aesthetic purposes, as in the purpose to decorate and beautify the living room with it, as an expression of our panache, taste, class etcetera.

Magnoliaa:
God made man in His image and likeness at the beginning, how then can he be less than good? An handiwork of God?
God, who knows everything and so in His omniscience, knew that man, after creation, is an unfinished article, not to the desired final state. We all are work in progress, that is why being approved as good was not, like others during creations, assigned to man. If man was good, man wouldnt have fallen from grace

Magnoliaa:
And didn't the Bible also call men gods?
Yes, it did, and thats a fact and true because man became god the moment soon after eating fruit

Magnoliaa:
What does that mean?
It means exactly what it says on the tin. It is a perfect and accurate description of man.

What do you think gods do, Magnoliaa? They, in the simplest form of explanation, judge. It's all about coming to a decision, making a decision, reaching a decision, make up one's mind over something or anything.

Man got catapulted to being god, the moment soon after eating off the "The Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil", It is the judging experience of knowing what is good and what is bad began that qualified man to be called god. The capacity to come to a decision concerning a person, someone or something, is what makes man a god. Man will even judge angels, we're informed

Magnoliaa:
The Bible said man was created in the image and likeness of God. The likeness was there already.
"26And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness:
[s]and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.[/s]
27So God created man in His own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them
"
- Genesis 1:26-27

Magnoliaa, please forgive the strikeouts, I did it because I dont want you get distracted by the struck out content. Now closely examine Genesis 1:26-27 above, then carefully and thoughtfully find what stands out as strikingly and oddly missing in Genesis 1:27

I am sure you made the observation that God in Genesis 1:26 had said "Let us make man in our image, after our likeness" but in Genesis 1:27, man was only made in His image, nothing about the other half, likeness is mentioned. It wasnt until Genesis 5:1, that the subject "likeness of God" ever surfaced. Even that likeness is shortlived, because by Genesis 5:3, when Adam had his son, the son is in Adam's likeness, after Adam's image and not anymore God's. The likeness is no more there already Magnoliaa. Sorry.

"Christ is the visible likeness of the invisible God (i.e. image that exactly reflects its source)..."
- Colossians 1:15a

"He is the reflection of God's glory (i.e. mirror-like representation) and the exact likeness of His being"
- Hebrews 1:3a

I wish you take to Colossians 1:15a and Hebrews 1:3a profoundly, have a sudden realization and great revelation because they both, are talking of the living embodiment of God, about the road that leads to perfection, to all and what is good, what God is and is about, Magnoliaa. Each day with Christ, we are becoming the exact likeness of God.

Please continue, if necessary, to freely ask questions, maybe ask, to shed more light or do just a plain rfi (i.e. request for information). I am online 24/7

PS: Magnoliaa for some weird reason, I changed some parts of my earlier post that was in pigdin to proper English, thinking you are Asian, and not Naija that the meanings might get lost of you being Asian. Maybe the moniker choice ID and being a fan of K-Pop Superstars BTS threw me

1 Like

Re: Purpose Of Creation? by Magnoliaa(f): 6:35am On Jul 11, 2019
Ihedinobi3:

Dear Magnoliaa

What difference would it make to you if God had a purpose for creating everything including you? What if you found out that He does and His Purpose is the exact opposite of what you have been living for all this time? Would you up-end your life just to follow whatever His Purpose is?

Well, things will make more sense.

Simple: a retrace of step, path etc or...just infuse it into living, begin living it.

It wouldn't be a contrary thing (to my life, actions, activities...) since it was WHY I was created.
Re: Purpose Of Creation? by Magnoliaa(f): 6:38am On Jul 11, 2019
Maximus69:

TRUE Christians don't participate in such a dialogue because Jesus has sent his TRUE followers to you, but perhaps you misconstrued them for false religionists due to the misconception spread by misinformed churchgoers. Let me just give you three clues!
(1) God created the heavens for himself and his spirit sons {angels} but earth for humans! Psalms 115:16
We're to populate the earth until it is filled and perhaps he will undo our ability to continue reproducing! Genesis 1:26-28
(2)One of his mighty spirit sons feels like becoming a deity to be worshipped as well and since God don't judge without evidence he allowed him to carry out his schemes, sadly our first parents joined in that rebellion so this resulted to Suffering, Sickness and Death! Genesis 3:16:19
(3) We are all descendants of this first couple so we inherited Suffering, Sickness, Old-age and Death from them {Romans 5:12} That's why God quickly arranged for one of his loyal spirit sons to come and replace our first father Adam! 1Corinthians 15:45
This mighty spirit son came in person of Jesus, what we're required to do now is turn to God as obedient children and regain what Adam lost {everlasting life} this spirit son will make that possible by first paying for our sins {debt} and teaching us how to relate with his God and Father {John 20:17}
But God will NEVER look with favour all those who refuse to take advantage of this wonderful provision, it is called God's undeserved kindness or Grace! John 3:16-18

If you are satisfied and want to know more, just pray to God and he will send his true servants to come and study the Bible with you FREELY in your own home and at your own convenience! Matthew 10:8
God bless you!

To live is Christ, something like that right? That's the whole purpose.

Thank you for sharing your knowledge.
Re: Purpose Of Creation? by Magnoliaa(f): 6:41am On Jul 11, 2019
UceeGod:

I want to make it as short as possible
God created a good world and created a good man with His characteristics to take care of the world in His behalf.
Think of a King who has another territory far away and then places a regent to govern that territory for Him.
The plan was (and still is) for man to depend completely on God in order to effectively carry out this purpose - taking care of the world the way God wants. Now God is a Spirit and the created man is also a spirit that has a soul (mind, emotions and will) and a body to contact the world which he lives. As long as the man (through his spirit) continues to relate regularly with God, His purpose (and man's WORK to dominate the earth) will be effective. Man's spirit can only relate with God by intuition, conscience and communion, the soul of the man is meant to take instructions from the spirit and the body is meant to carry out what has been deposited on the soul by the spirit if man is to effectively carry out God's purpose on earth. The three spiritual functions can only be actualized in Eden (God's Presence). But Satan succeeded in deceiving man into rebellion against God and man lost Eden so man could no longer relate effectively with God and His purpose was put on hold for some time until redemption.
When man lost Eden, the result was that man could no longer relate with God through his spirit so the spirit became dead to God. Man had to resort to religion in order to contact God. Moreover, the soul became subject to the body instead of the spirit. Satan uses this advantage to continue to entice man into rebellion against God and do exactly opposite what God purposed for him - disorganize and destroy the earth.
God has redeemed humanity from the chaos he inflicted upon himself and from the bondage of Satan through the life, death and resurrection of His incarnate Son - Jesus Christ. But the redemption will be fully realized after His second coming. Unfortunately, not all humans are (or will be) part of this redemption, only people who have FAITH in Christ will be.

Very lucid, thanks. smiley
Re: Purpose Of Creation? by Nobody: 7:52am On Jul 11, 2019
Magnoliaa:

To live is Christ, something like that right? That's the whole purpose.

Thank you for sharing your knowledge.
You're welcome! smiley
Christ only replaced our first father 'Adam' {1Corinthians15:45} who supposed to teach us all how to live a godly lifestyle {Deuteronomy 6:6-7} and bring praise and honor and glory to our heavenly father!

Jesus is one character that each of us must learn to imitate in thoughts, words and actions before we can gain divine approval {John 3:16} that's why Satan have established so many false religions all claiming Christians to cause confusion! Matthew 13:25

Satan is the deceiver who has been misleading all the entire inhabited earth! Revelations 12:9

So 99.9% of the world's population are worshipping Satan today and majority of them thought they're worshipers of God! 1John 5:19
That's why it's important to IDENTIFY the true Christians because it's only amongst them can anyone learn how to remain humble, faithful and loyal to God through constant encouragement from fellow believers! Hebrews 10:24-28
God bless you!
Re: Purpose Of Creation? by Nobody: 3:15pm On Jul 11, 2019
Magnoliaa:

Your purpose is to be happy and live a fulfilling life. Period!

1 Like

Re: Purpose Of Creation? by Ihedinobi3: 12:44pm On Jul 12, 2019
Magnoliaa:

Well, things will make more sense.

Simple: a retrace of step, path etc or...just infuse it into living, begin living it.

It wouldn't be a contrary thing (to my life, actions, activities...) since it was WHY I was created.
If it won't be a contrary thing, not only will there be no need to retrace steps or paths, etc, or even to infuse the knowledge of it into your day to day living, there is also no point to the question, since whether you know about it or not, you should be living according to this purpose you are asking about.

But that is not true, is it? I think that you understand and agree that you - like all other human beings - possess a free will. So, you do not automatically live according to the purpose of God. For you to live within God's Purpose, that is, His Will, you would have to both choose to discover it and also to deliberately choose to tailor your life to it. It has to be deliberate on your part.

For that reason I ask you again: what difference would it make to you to know God's Purpose for Creation? Are you willing to up-end your life to accommodate it when you discover it?

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Purpose Of Creation? by Magnoliaa(f): 2:01am On Jul 21, 2019
Ihedinobi3:

If it won't be a contrary thing, not only will there be no need to retrace steps or paths, etc, or even to infuse the knowledge of it into your day to day living, there is also no point to the question, since whether you know about it or not, you should be living according to this purpose you are asking about.

But that is not true, is it? I think that you understand and agree that you - like all other human beings - possess a free will. So, you do not automatically live according to the purpose of God. For you to live within God's Purpose, that is, His Will, you would have to both choose to discover it and also to deliberately choose to tailor your life to it. It has to be deliberate on your part.

For that reason I ask you again: what difference would it make to you to know God's Purpose for Creation? Are you willing to up-end your life to accommodate it when you discover it?

This is very hard to answer. I don't know why, but it just is. I think and think about...I'm not able to come up with an answer.

I guess it's really thought-provoking. It's not a question I have ever come across. And also because it involves my will...

I used to think the answer will be something so natural, what I want to do...lol, but truly if I was created for a purpose then I should be living it or am already living it (and why should I be feeling as if what I'm doing isn't the purpose?)

But I feel I'm not living it...and it's something I have to bring myself 'under'. Because of my will.

I honestly do not have answers to your questions, no matter how hard I think about them. Like they shift paradigm. Is there anything you can shed more light on?
Re: Purpose Of Creation? by Magnoliaa(f): 2:03am On Jul 21, 2019
Dothraki:
Your purpose is to be happy and live a fulfilling life. Period!

Okay?
Re: Purpose Of Creation? by Nobody: 2:19am On Jul 21, 2019
Look young lady, the bible is a book of jewish myth. The story of a talking snake is no different from the story of elephant and tortoise in Nigerian myth..

Most of the events stated in the bible especially old testament have not been backed by science.. take for example.. there isnt enough water on earth to soak it to palm tree level.

No scientific evidence for flooding.. also it is genetically impossible for every human race to originate from just two person (adam and eve)..

Just find your own purpose in life and use your intellect to ask the right questions... gracias

3 Likes

Re: Purpose Of Creation? by MuttleyLaff: 2:19am On Jul 21, 2019
Magnoliaa, just go at your pace, if there is an extraordinary purpose to your existence on earth you'll find and know it. To be truthful with you, the basic purpose of every human being is to daily become a better person.

The whole of life, from the moment you're born to the moment you kick the bucket, is a continuous learning process. We never stop learning because life never stops teaching. The purpose of life, is to experience life towards understanding life and from that become better people, better human beings from existing or living the experience on earth.
Re: Purpose Of Creation? by Magnoliaa(f): 2:37am On Jul 21, 2019
MuttleyLaff:

Yes, absolutely and there are no two ways about it. What comes easy won't last, what lasts won't come easy. Think about that

All of the things that aren't right in the world are God's plan for perfecting man? That's kind of hard to believe. War, famine, trying to acquire but never having enough etc...

One, It doesn't make sense. That we are going through things we aren't even aware of for we don't know about.

And two, does this plan to right all things include every single human? Is it all human that'll benefit from or partake in perfect life? Because why should one suffer for things that in the end they won't have salvation or eternal life or such? Humans should only be going through the "perfecting phase" if all will have/reach that perfect state.

God, who knows everything and so in His omniscience, knew that man, after creation, is an unfinished article, not to the desired final state. We all are work in progress, that is why being approved as good was not, like others during creations, assigned to man. If man was good, man wouldnt have fallen from grace

Yes, it did, and thats a fact and true because man became god the moment soon after eating fruit

Hmm, okay...

[s]and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.[/s]
27So God created man in His own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them
"

Magnoliaa, please forgive the strikeouts, I did it because I dont want you get distracted by the struck out content. Now closely examine Genesis 1:26-27 above, then carefully and thoughtfully find what stands out as strikingly and oddly missing in Genesis 1:27

I am sure you made the observation that God in Genesis 1:26 had said "Let us make man in our image, after our likeness" but in Genesis 1:27, man was only made in His image, nothing about the other half, likeness is mentioned. It wasnt until Genesis 5:1, that the subject "likeness of God" ever surfaced. Even that likeness is shortlived, because by Genesis 5:3, when Adam had his son, the son is in Adam's likeness, after Adam's image and not anymore God's. The likeness is no more there already Magnoliaa. Sorry.

What is the image of God? And what's His likeness?

I wish you take to Colossians 1:15a and Hebrews 1:3a profoundly, have a sudden realization and great revelation because they both, are talking of the living embodiment of God, about the road that leads to perfection, to all and what is good, what God is and is about, Magnoliaa. Each day with Christ, we are becoming the exact likeness of God.

That excludes other people then. Other
sects etc

Please continue, if necessary, to freely ask questions, maybe ask, to shed more light or do just a plain rfi (i.e. request for information). I am online 24/7

Thanks. I'll go through the rest of your post.

PS: Magnoliaa for some weird reason, I changed some parts of my earlier post that was in pigdin to proper English, thinking you are Asian, and not Naija that the meanings might get lost of you being Asian. Maybe the moniker choice ID and being a fan of K-Pop Superstars BTS threw me

I'm not Asian. I understand Pidgin, I'm a Nigerian.
Re: Purpose Of Creation? by Ihedinobi3: 6:15pm On Jul 21, 2019
Magnoliaa:

This is very hard to answer. I don't know why, but it just is. I think and think about...I'm not able to come up with an answer.

I guess it's really thought-provoking. It's not a question I have ever come across. And also because it involves my will...

I used to think the answer will be something so natural, what I want to do...lol, but truly if I was created for a purpose then I should be living it or am already living it (and why should I be feeling as if what I'm doing isn't the purpose?)

But I feel I'm not living it...and it's something I have to bring myself 'under'. Because of my will.

I honestly do not have answers to your questions, no matter how hard I think about them. Like they shift paradigm. Is there anything you can shed more light on?
I can understand it being a difficult question to answer, but it really isn't some kind of trick question. The issue here is how much the Will of God means to you. It is easy for many people to talk theology and religion, but they don't "put their money where their mouth is," so to speak. Eventually, they amount to nothing with all their talk. That is why I offered you the question.

We are here for the Lord. But it is up to us whether we will live for Him or not. If our choice is to live for Him, then our business would be to believe in Jesus Christ, take pains to learn the Truth through gifted and prepared Bible teachers, believe what we learn, apply it to our lives, and help others to do the same. That is what God's Purpose for us is.

That may seem easy enough, but the Truth is an unyielding reality to encounter. When you come up against it, it will force you to make choices. This is what I ask if you are ready for. First off, it does take pain to even choose to submit to a pastor-teacher. Second, the Truth is a large thing to explore. The doctrines of the Bible may begin with the simple Gospel, but they get very complex very quickly. They intertwine and interconnect and circle back in on themselves in a way that frustrates the arrogant. You have to be willing to be patient and humble to grasp it. Third, the Truth is not passive, as I have said. It will demand that you use it. It will present an alternative to the way you view life.

Is this then what you want? Plenty enough people choose to live life on their terms. In fact, the vast majority of people live that way. For them, God is at best an afterthought, even if they are true believers in Jesus Christ. Of course, this will cost many such believers their Faith in time, because without a good grounding in the Truth, without spiritual maturity, such people are easy pickings for the enemy. For those who do not lose their Faith, it will cost them eternal rewards. Obviously, for unbelievers, this will cost them Eternal Life. But it is an option. You could choose to be that way: unconcerned about God's Purpose for Creation and for yourself individually. But you should carefully weigh your options and make the right decision here.

1 Like

Re: Purpose Of Creation? by MuttleyLaff: 7:53am On Jul 22, 2019
Magnoliaa:
All of the things that aren't right in the world are God's plan for perfecting man? That's kind of hard to believe. War, famine, trying to acquire but never having enough etc...
Of course, its hard to believe, but yeah it doe mean, its all of God's plan for perfecting man. As it were, out of chaos, emerges harmony and beauty. Good enough isn't good enough, if it can be better. And better isn't good enough if it can be best, perfecting man.

Magnoliaa:
One, It doesn't make sense. That we are going through things we aren't even aware of for we don't know about.
"Experience shapes character, and character determines action
a character totally without experience is all but a contradiction in terms
"
- excerpt from page 87, GOD - A BIOGRAPHY by Jack Miles

Magnoliaa, dont worry, you will become aware. With time, you will know about each and everything

Magnoliaa, let me here, shed light on that a bit, as far as I know, human beings as a creation, are born and begin life, initially without character, and if at all any, not very much of it, so in time, we are on earth to acquire, build character and stock up on it. There's no doubt that, we all begin life on earth, with innocence and/or start it with lack of experience. We acquire learning from experiences, well, even kids soon figure out that if you dont learn from experience, you get your fingers burned. So the character development on our individual blank canvases happens or occurs afterwards from our individually separate distinct painful and exhilarating experiences

Incidentally, the Earth is a market place and school, while experience is its hardest kind of teacher of all. We are here on earth to be tested first and then have the lesson with character forming, after the test. You definitely have heard the phrase "out of character," know the implication and understand what is meant by using the phrase

Magnoliaa:
And two, does this plan to right all things include every single human? Is it all human that'll benefit from or partake in perfect life? Because why should one suffer for things that in the end they won't have salvation or eternal life or such? Humans should only be going through the "perfecting phase" if all will have/reach that perfect state.
"For we are God's masterpiece.
He has created us anew in Christ Jesus,
so we can do the good things He planned for us long ago
"
- Ephesians 2:10

Ephesians 2:10 above implies you're destined or your destiny is to, do good works, things God had plans for us long time ago to do

Magnoliaa, a person often meets his/her destiny on the road he/she took or was put on, trying to avoid it (e.g. Joseph, Moses, Jesus etcetera)

Ephesians 2:10 above implies you're destined or your destiny is to, do good works

Elsewhere, the bible states that: "Many, however, that live as enemies of the cross of Christ, their destiny is destruction"

You are the captain of your soul, intertwined with the flesh and spirit, hence expectedly the master of your destiny Magnoliaa.

Every human has been given the right to decide his/her own destiny Magnoliaa. So you're the designer of your destiny. You're the author. You write the story. The pen is in your hand and the outcome is whatever you choose

So watch your thoughts, for they become words. Watch your words, for they become actions. Watch your actions, for they become habits. Watch your habits, for they become your character. And watch your character, for it becomes your destiny Magnoliaa.

Magnoliaa:
Hmm, okay...
You dont sound convinced

Magnoliaa:
What is the image of God? And what's His likeness?
27So God created man in His own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.
"

This is a very good inquiry question. I like it and lurve how you asked it.

What do you think is the image of God and what's His likeness is Magnoliaa? Well in an oversimplified way "image of God" and "His likeness" are "Hebraism". They are a Hebrew idiom or expression. The image of God is God expressing Himself Magnoliaa. It is God projecting Himself and the Godhead.

OK, let's do it this way, I am quite sure you're familiar with how artists express themselves with their particular form of art, even you too, do express yourself with specific hair styles or hair do etcetera, but if taking this image and expressing oneself thing seriously, then as regards, the "whats the image of God" question, the image of God, is about God uninhibitedly expressing Himself through giving some insight into what the Godhead is all about, with and through using the creation of man as the art form. Man is meant to be the image of God, as in, be a creative self-expression of the Godhead, this is God showing who He is, but this image got marred after the fall from grace, as in, the quality or appearance of the image got spoiled. The image got spoiled after Adam & Eve rejected and opposed God. The wholeness and godliness of the image got lost and broken after the fall, though fragmented pieces of it still remained

"Christ is the visible likeness of the invisible God (i.e. image that exactly reflects its source)..."
- Colossians 1:15a

"Christ is the exact likeness of the unseen God (i.e. the visible likeness of the invisible God)
He existed before God made anything at all, and, in fact, Christ himself is the Creator who made.
"
- Colossians 1:15

"He is the reflection of God's glory (i.e. mirror-like representation) and the exact likeness of His being"
- Hebrews 1:3a

"His Son is the reflection of God's glory and the exact likeness of God's being (i.e. the exact representation of His nature)
He holds everything together through his powerful words.
After He had cleansed people from their sins, He received the highest position, the one next to the Father in heaven.
"
- Hebrews 1:3

"Satan, who is the god of this world, has blinded the minds of those who don’t believe.
They are unable to see the glorious light of the Good News.
They don’t understand this message about the glory of Christ, who is the exact likeness of God.
"
- 2 Corinthians 4:4

Now about "what's His likeness" question, well Jesus is the exact likeness of God. The likeness of God is the visible spiritual attribute of the moral qualities of God, which are wisdom, power, compassion, holiness, justice, goodness and truth.

I previuosly said that, I am sure you made the observation that, God in Genesis 1:26 had said "Let us make man in our image, after our likeness" but in Genesis 1:27, man was only made in His image, nothing about the other half, likeness is mentioned. That, it wasnt until Genesis 5:1, that the subject "likeness of God" ever surfaced, and even that likeness is shortlived, because by Genesis 5:3, when Adam had his son, the son is in Adam's likeness, after Adam's image and not anymore God's. The likeness of God because of the fall from grace, is no more there already Magnoliaa.

Colossians 1:15a, Hebrews 1:3a and 2 Corinthians 4:4 profoundly, have a sudden realization and great revelation because the trio, are talking of the living embodiment of God, about the road that leads to perfection, the road that leads to all and what is good, what God is and what God is about, Magnoliaa. Each day with Christ in our lives, we are becoming that exact likeness of God

Magnoliaa:
That excludes other people then. Other sects etc
"31When the Son of Man comes in His glory, and all the angels with Him, He will sit on His glorious throne.
32All the nations will be gathered before Him, and He will separate the people one from another, as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats.
33He will place the sheep on His right and the goats on His left.
34Then the King will say to those on His right, ‘Come, you who are blessed by My Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world.
35For I was hungry and you gave Me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave Me something to drink, I was a stranger and you took Me in,
36I was naked and you clothed Me, I was sick and you looked after Me, I was in prison and you visited Me.’
37Then the righteous will answer Him, ‘Lord, when did we see You hungry and feed You, or thirsty and give You something to drink?
38When did we see You a stranger and take You in, or naked and clothe You?
39When did we see You sick or in prison and visit You?’
40And the King will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of Mine, you did for Me.’
41Then He will say to those on His left, ‘Depart from Me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels.
42For I was hungry and you gave Me nothing to eat, I was thirsty and you gave Me nothing to drink,
43I was a stranger and you did not take Me in, I was naked and you did not clothe Me, I was sick and in prison and you did not visit Me.’
44And they too will reply, ‘Lord, when did we see You hungry or thirsty or a stranger or naked or sick or in prison, and did not minister to You?’
45Then the King will answer, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for Me.’
46And they will go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous into eternal life.
"
- Matthew 25:32-46

Magnoliaa, you can see from Matthew 25:32-46, that God is not a respecter of persons. Whoever follows the commandments of Jesus is included, sects or no sects.

Magnoliaa:
Thanks. I'll go through the rest of your post.
A candle loses nothing, by lighting another candle

Magnoliaa:
I'm not Asian. I understand Pidgin, I'm a Nigerian.
I realised all that, that you are not Asian, you understand Pidgin, you're Naija, all by myself

MuttleyLaff:
Magnoliaa, just go at your pace, if there is an extraordinary purpose to your existence on earth you'll find and know it. To be truthful with you, the basic purpose of every human being is to daily become a better person.

The whole of life, from the moment you're born to the moment you kick the bucket, is a continuous learning process. We never stop learning because life never stops teaching. The purpose of life, is to experience life towards understanding life and from that become better people, better human beings from existing or living the experience on earth.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V80-gPkpH6M

Magnoliaa, the above YouTube clip features Jim Carey, known for his role as Bruce in the 2003 Hollywood movie "Bruce Almighty," where in, God (i.e. Morgan Freeman acted as God) actually contacts Bruce and offers him all of His powers, if Bruce thinks he can do a better job than God. Try and watch the movie, if you never have watched it. Good movie. Another good movie with Jim Carey in it, is "Liar, Liar" It's about a kid, who prayed and wish that his dad, a lawyer, will stop lying for a whole day and the wish was immediately put into practice.

Jim Carey is not acting in the above displayed YouTube clip Magnoliaa, but actually is making an inspiring speech which I think, Magnoliaa, might give you a filled, deep, full, reverberating sound and so resonate with you.

Please continue, if necessary, to freely ask questions, maybe ask, even if just to more light shed on something or do just a plain rfi (i.e. request for information). I am online 24/7. Have a good plus blessed day and week Magnoliaa.

1 Like

Re: Purpose Of Creation? by MuttleyLaff: 8:47pm On Jul 24, 2019
Re: Purpose Of Creation? by Mdmelijah: 1:45am On May 30, 2020
Join Whatsapp Christian Relationship Teaching Group https:///F0qcyrzyf145p47B3k6W2a
Re: Purpose Of Creation? by jantman(m): 1:37pm On Feb 07, 2021
Magnoliaa:

@Magnoliaa

You will find all the answer you seek from the link below.

https://www.nairaland.com/6403060/aim-purpose-creation#98818659

You can also check my profile for more better understanding

(1) (Reply)

Grooming (microfinance Bank) Empowerment Or Enslavement / Download UK 2023 Koinonia Conference Messages With Apostle Joshua Selman / Prayer Power Network – My Destiny Must Manifest

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 185
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.