Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,846 members, 7,820,951 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:47 AM

Uber Set For Benin City Launch - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uber Set For Benin City Launch (10678 Views)

The Lagos Red Line Train Is Set For Completion - Seyi Law / COVID-19: Nigerian Airports Set For Reopening, Passengers Issued Warnings / How Federal Government Achieved Night Operations For Benin Airport (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Uber Set For Benin City Launch by VillagePipu: 6:22am On Jul 08, 2019
weyreypey:

No man's land

Lol

E be like una population don plenty again. Una need make them epp una reduce am.

2 Likes

Re: Uber Set For Benin City Launch by weyreypey: 6:23am On Jul 08, 2019
amiibaby:
lol u must be..... I lack the word to define u
Abuja FCT is a no man's land
Re: Uber Set For Benin City Launch by amiibaby(f): 6:24am On Jul 08, 2019
weyreypey:

Abuja FCT is a no man's land
whatever
Re: Uber Set For Benin City Launch by weyreypey: 6:25am On Jul 08, 2019
amiibaby:
whatever
Yes .... That's the fact Abuja FCT is a no man's land!!
Re: Uber Set For Benin City Launch by Wettoid123: 6:25am On Jul 08, 2019
Hmmmmm na wa uber for Benin city?the town is even congested already with different private vehicle plying as commercial and also no good road in Benin abi na does tiny road for akpakpava or airport road.
Re: Uber Set For Benin City Launch by Anambralstson: 6:26am On Jul 08, 2019
VillagePipu:

Stop disgracing Anambra.

We are talking of international E hailing cab services like Taxify, Uber, Lyft and Co and you're talking of Mr. Taxi. Local nonsensical app that Jim Iyke and one guy were fighting over the ownership.

Owerri has Taxify and big for nothing Anambra has nothing to show.
That's why Anambra business men are different, when others are docile over foreign investments like Shoprite, Games etc, they pushed theirs : Roban stores, Everyday, Genesis, Ebeanu , Next cash and carry, Filmhouse, AirPeace, MrTaxi etc. They always think outside the box unlike... That's why they are richest

2 Likes

Re: Uber Set For Benin City Launch by amiibaby(f): 6:27am On Jul 08, 2019
Whatever suit your bubble
weyreypey:

Yes .... That's the fact Abuja FCT is a no man's land!!
Re: Uber Set For Benin City Launch by Front0lane: 6:29am On Jul 08, 2019
and your Igbotic brain didnt tell you that is the first signs of a vibrant economy or olosho suppose go where dem no go see their money collect ?

Okezedan:
Na where yahoo boys and olosho full, uber fit operate their services naw. Benin na better location for that
Re: Uber Set For Benin City Launch by Martin0(m): 6:30am On Jul 08, 2019
amiibaby:
lol am not a northerner, neither am I a Westerner u do the maths. All am saying is that abuja was, is and will be a northern state whether u like it or north. Just like our ppl claiming Lagos as a no mans land does nor make it so. A word as the said is enough for the wise..

Cioa

O'Shea grin
Re: Uber Set For Benin City Launch by weyreypey: 6:31am On Jul 08, 2019
amiibaby:
Whatever suit your bubble
Don't worry Abuja FCT is a no man's land.
Re: Uber Set For Benin City Launch by Martin0(m): 6:32am On Jul 08, 2019
amiibaby:
OK oo I can't wait for it to be introduced in my state...

which state you base
Re: Uber Set For Benin City Launch by Mcreloaded(m): 6:32am On Jul 08, 2019
Igbobyblood:

Onitsha is the commercial capital of south east while enugu is the regional capital.

So why don't they have it?

The same way some states don't have Uber is the same way Benin city and Edo state as a whole does not have ShopRite.

It's different strokes for different folks.
Re: Uber Set For Benin City Launch by flexyrule(m): 6:35am On Jul 08, 2019
The way people be bragging about development in Edo state... It's okay!

Re: Uber Set For Benin City Launch by Nobody: 6:36am On Jul 08, 2019
Mcreloaded:

The same way some states don't have Uber is the same way Benin city and Edo state as a whole does not have ShopRite.

It's different strokes for different folks.
they came to Benin, we rejected it and they moved to delta state.

1 Like

Re: Uber Set For Benin City Launch by Nobody: 6:41am On Jul 08, 2019
Amanismone:
What about bayelsa?

Bayelsa So y’all can dump Uber when a new ride comes ? Sorry to say but your town is known for dumping every happening thing when a new one comes.

Clubs ✔️
Bar ✔️
Hotel ✔️
We all know what will happen to these rides when a new one comes grin. I think on their behalf they’ll pass.
Re: Uber Set For Benin City Launch by engrkaz(m): 7:13am On Jul 08, 2019
Akure. You sure say driver no go show passenger dollars for boot? Come carry am go one baba house for Oba Kekere for cleansing? Those kind story too plenty for that Deji town o
gboyetade:
They should come to Akure
Re: Uber Set For Benin City Launch by Nobody: 7:36am On Jul 08, 2019
Thats News For The Privileged.Wetin Concern Pin Mouth Charger With Usb Cord.Different Class
Re: Uber Set For Benin City Launch by loadedvibes: 7:37am On Jul 08, 2019
This people be rushing Benin because they have seen taxify thriving and making serious money.. they didn't believe it how the edo people accepted it.. now they wanna bring the competition.
Donmedra:
Barring last-minute changes, global ride sharing giant, Uber, will launch operations in Benin City in July, further swelling the ranks of global ride sharing companies operating in the city.

This comes after weeks of engagements between government and Uber officials and finalising modalities for the smooth takeoff of the service in Benin city.

The Edo State Skills Development Agency (EdoJobs) is already leading the charge with the recruitment of riders on the platform.

Senior Special Assistant to the State Governor on Skills Development and Jobs Creation and Head, EdoJobs, Mrs. Ukinebo Dare, said that the launch would take place at the Edo Innovation Hub, and Governor Godwin Obaseki is expected to grace the occasion.

According to her, “We are working with Uber to finalise modalities for the takeoff of the service in Benin City. We are excited because this helps in getting people meaningfully engaged. As you know, Uber gives car owners the opportunity to make some money with their cars. But we are keen on the job-creating feature of the service as well.”

She said the launch takes place on July 24, and would host a number of dignitaries within the state and beyond, noting, “We expect to have a full house. Early in the day, we will have a chat with journalists and afterwards, the governor takes the zero ride. That would mark the start of the service in Benin City.”

She added that the state government is collaborating with Uber to also recruit drivers through its expansive database, calling on people interested in the service to sign up to enjoy its immense benefits.

Recall that Taxify launched in the state late last year, and has recorded impressive rating from residents. Uber is expected to deploy its unique selling point to fight for its stake in the market as well.

https://thenationonlineng.net/uber-set-for-benin-city-launch-2/

2 Likes

Re: Uber Set For Benin City Launch by majamajic(m): 7:38am On Jul 08, 2019
Igbobyblood:
First taxify now it's uber? Onitsha and enugu are you saying your mate ehn?

I wonder why they are so interested in Benin even phc don't have any

it can work a bit in Enugu but for Onitsha , u can't do more 1000 naira trip in Onitsha, it's too tight
Re: Uber Set For Benin City Launch by don4real18(m): 7:48am On Jul 08, 2019
Igbobyblood:

PH? With the high rate of kidnapping in the city
Re: Uber Set For Benin City Launch by Infinityk: 7:56am On Jul 08, 2019
Anambralstson:

Why not ask why they are not in Osogbo, your state Capital, stop deceiving yourself with Igbobyblood moniker, just to push the thread against Igbo cities, most of you sees gaint Igbo men in your dreams grin
Igbobyblood is Edo
He is also donmedra beninempire and escarpex
The guy hasn't deny this accusations
Anybody that mention Igbo is Yoruba afonja
Hmm ok
Re: Uber Set For Benin City Launch by Alarib(m): 8:00am On Jul 08, 2019
Benin is much more peaceful.... You want ph people to use taxify for kidnap ni
Donmedra:
abuja is the capital of Nigeria.

I think there's only 3 state that now have both uber and taxify which are abuja, Lagos and Edo state.

Abuja is the capital of Nigeria
Lagos is a former capital and still Nigeria commercial capital.

So what's so special about Edo state now? What is obaseki doing right?

It's not like we even have crude oil like the 4 big states(river, delta, akwa ibom and bayelsa)
Re: Uber Set For Benin City Launch by blowjohn(m): 8:22am On Jul 08, 2019
helinues:
Are they saying no Uber in Benin city since all this years?

Benin wey no get shop rite

That aside, it's very important for Benin cos Benin has the most expensive cab tarrifs in the country. Any Tom dick and Harry that has a car will just enter road and be forming cab man. U want to take a drop u start hearing 3k or 2,500.
A typical Abuja trip of 700 Naira is 2000 in Benin.
Cos half the population of men there are cab men.

It will also help to reduce crime cos its a normal thing tobuse cab to rob or kidnap people in Benin.

1 Like

Re: Uber Set For Benin City Launch by Nobody: 8:22am On Jul 08, 2019
VillagePipu:

They would have ...In 3074

It is not about economic or regional capital. E hailing apps work with distance and time. How many people in Enugu can pay 2,500 every day for taxify trips? Where in Enugu can they go sef?
This one has given you mouth to talk nah..
I remember that Enugu was the second City after Lagos to get a standard mall where ShopRite anchored that was in 2011.
This was before Abuja,ibadan,pH ,Kano your Benin..etc..
That means that all those cities were poor and couldn't afford to shop at standard malls.
Even today Enugu has ShopRite,spar ,park n shop.. none of which are in your Benin.
So Benin has no one that can afford to shop at a standard mall right??
BTW Enugu has a couple of local can hailing services..
I know Mr Taxi.

1 Like

Re: Uber Set For Benin City Launch by Nobody: 8:38am On Jul 08, 2019
Rgade:

This one has given you mouth to talk nah..
I remember that Enugu was the second City after Lagos to get a standard mall where ShopRite anchored that was in 2011.
This was before Abuja,ibadan,pH ,Kano your Benin..etc..
That means that all those cities were poor and couldn't afford to shop at standard malls.
Even today Enugu has ShopRite,spar ,park n shop.. none of which are in your Benin.
So Benin has no one that can afford to shop at a standard mall right??
BTW Enugu has a couple of local can hailing services..
I know Mr Taxi.
have you heard of market square? It's like shop rite. We also have hallmark

2 Likes

Re: Uber Set For Benin City Launch by Okezedan(m): 9:03am On Jul 08, 2019
Front0lane:
and you Igbo brain didnt tell you that is tone of the first signs of a vibrant economy or olosho suppose go where dem no go see their money collect ?

X
who be this man? Why you feel say I be igbo? I'm not anyways. I stay in Benin and I know what's happening there. Olosho and yahoo is the fastest growing industries in Edo state.

2 Likes

Re: Uber Set For Benin City Launch by leofab(f): 9:24am On Jul 08, 2019
Igbobyblood:

Onitsha is the commercial capital of south east while enugu is the regional capital.

So why don't they have it?
Enugu has RideOn whichnis better than Taxify and Uber put together though not very popular...!
Re: Uber Set For Benin City Launch by toolovely(m): 10:02am On Jul 08, 2019
Igbobyblood:

PHC has palm drive
Re: Uber Set For Benin City Launch by Nobody: 10:11am On Jul 08, 2019
helinues:
Are they saying no Uber in Benin city since all this years?
there is taxify
Re: Uber Set For Benin City Launch by Nobody: 10:13am On Jul 08, 2019
Donmedra:
have you heard of market square? It's like shop rite. We also have hallmark
Igbinedion nor go allow shoprite sef cos his daughter owns marketsquare.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

First Time Canadian / Kaduna Marathon Holds Tomorrow. List Of Closed Streets / Dana Air Introduces ‘smart Booking’ On Whatsapp

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.