Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,755 members, 7,824,167 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:01 AM

BBNaija And Its Mysterious Selection Process - TV/Movies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / BBNaija And Its Mysterious Selection Process (41627 Views)

Bbnaija And Politics / Watch The Moment Ka3na Was Evicted From #bbnaija And Reactions From Fans / Watch #bbnaija And Bollywood On COHAB TV (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: BBNaija And Its Mysterious Selection Process by daddyfreeman1(m): 7:28am On Jul 24, 2019
The poor keep getting poorer daily, while the rich keep getting richer daily... The poor are spending #30 every weekend to vote for housemates, when the winner is out be will give you nothing... Please who did this to Nigerians?? Nigerians are cursed... Shame... Poor people receive sense

4 Likes

Re: BBNaija And Its Mysterious Selection Process by WhoGoRead: 7:31am On Jul 24, 2019
Re: BBNaija And Its Mysterious Selection Process by jayextra(m): 7:38am On Jul 24, 2019
wirinet:

Even the votes is scam. They already know the winner (at least the finalists) before hand.
An controversial lady; either an olosho or a very rude and bad mannered one always makes second.
This year, I suspect Esther or Tacha.
BBN Facts grin
Re: BBNaija And Its Mysterious Selection Process by kenzysmith: 7:38am On Jul 24, 2019
Emmyrichboy:
Ebuka is my cousin ,we are from the same family in okija ,its not true the organizers have the final say on that
so even if na ur cousin if he dey collect money him go tell u? Dey there make pant dey wear u
Re: BBNaija And Its Mysterious Selection Process by mayowa558: 8:05am On Jul 24, 2019
BIG BROTHER indeed.

It's only a BIG person that can attend the show.
� �
Re: BBNaija And Its Mysterious Selection Process by Sonia201919: 8:07am On Jul 24, 2019
The show is a scam,and foolish people are busy voting foolishly

2 Likes

Re: BBNaija And Its Mysterious Selection Process by Isnow: 8:26am On Jul 24, 2019
as someone said...d most and stupid persons are those people using their money and time voting for rich man kids

1 Like

Re: BBNaija And Its Mysterious Selection Process by majamajic(m): 8:37am On Jul 24, 2019
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

My heart goes out to my Airforce dropout friend who lost his phone and some memory cards when he was teargassed at the audition venue.
How did he even think he will be selected when the 5-star Money General had dumped him?

Nepotism and the Naija factor is most evident in the BBNaija2019 housemate selection.

Jackye an ex-beauty queen is an acquaintance with Dolapo Osinbanjo who is a cousin to Seyi who has affiliations with PR firms who handle adverts for multinational sponsors like BetNaija, DSTV and MTN.

Mike whose dad is Jamaican is a wealthy British Athlete who owns a Cigar brand. Mike does not speak Yoruba neither can he speak pidgin.

Avala is well known as an underground Nigerian US singer. Tacha is a well-celebrated 30BG groupie.
Nelson was Mr Universe.

Mercy is a video vixen and popular in the entertainment and social hookup industry...she happens to also have known Ike before here.
Remember, Ike's first time in Nigeria was to get into the BBNaija house.

Omashola is known to help make Naija stars "feel at home" when they're in South Africa.

Gedoni is a budding designer who may have gifted a few celebrities and presenters some of his works for bigger publicity, he also happens to have had a relationship with former beauty queen KimOprah in the past whose pageant exposure may have exposed her to a few people on the selection panel.

Frodd is a hustler whose path has crossed with those of a few celebrities with the ability to put in a word for him.

I can authoritavely confirm to you that at least 4 of the housemates use foreign passports.
How do they represent the crop of true Nigerian youths?

And stupid Bilikisu is borrowing airtime from MTN to vote for the undeserving housemates.
SMH!!

u missed the London police woman and awolowo grandson

1 Like

Re: BBNaija And Its Mysterious Selection Process by Raysleek: 8:42am On Jul 24, 2019
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

My heart goes out to my Airforce dropout friend who lost his phone and some memory cards when he was teargassed at the audition venue.
How did he even think he will be selected when the 5-star Money General had dumped him?

Nepotism and the Naija factor is most evident in the BBNaija2019 housemate selection.

Jackye an ex-beauty queen is an acquaintance with Dolapo Osinbanjo who is a cousin to Seyi who has affiliations with PR firms who handle adverts for multinational sponsors like BetNaija, DSTV and MTN.

Mike whose dad is Jamaican is a wealthy British Athlete who owns a Cigar brand. Mike does not speak Yoruba neither can he speak pidgin.

Avala is well known as an underground Nigerian US singer. Tacha is a well-celebrated 30BG groupie.
Nelson was Mr Universe.

Mercy is a video vixen and popular in the entertainment and social hookup industry...she happens to also have known Ike before here.

Omashola is known to help make Naija stars "feel at home" when they're in South Africa.

Gedoni is a budding designer who may have gifted a few celebrities and presenters some of his works for bigger publicity, he also happens to have had a relationship with former beauty queen KimOprah in the past whose pageant exposure may have exposed her to a few people on the selection panel.

Frodd is a hustler whose path has crossed with those of a few celebrities with the ability to put in a word for him.

I can authoritavely confirm to you that at least 4 of the housemates use foreign passports.

And stupid Bilikisu is borrowing airtime from MTN to vote for the undeserving housemates.
SMH!!
Bros may thunder of blessing and more wisdom fire you there!!! You too much
God punish bbn

3 Likes

Re: BBNaija And Its Mysterious Selection Process by Nobody: 9:22am On Jul 24, 2019
Deomovies:
Total waste of time. Meanwhile, you can get Latest and Top Rated hundreds of Movies and Series in HD quality into your External drives and PCs at affordable prices. Lagosians and non Lagosians, please help a bro today by patronizing, that's a best gift for Movies Junkies
How can a non lagosian have access to ur movies?
Re: BBNaija And Its Mysterious Selection Process by Bozzy001(m): 9:41am On Jul 24, 2019
jayextra:
And poor people wee still vote for them grin
na dis one kon pain me pass!

2 Likes

Re: BBNaija And Its Mysterious Selection Process by KingAzubuike(f): 9:41am On Jul 24, 2019
Deomovies:

Here sir
Hope you have latest movies and where are you located?
Re: BBNaija And Its Mysterious Selection Process by BluntBoy(m): 9:50am On Jul 24, 2019
I wouldn't call it a mysterious selection process. If you live in Nigeria, it shouldn't surprise you.

Every selection process whether employment or academic admission are hardly ever largely open/transparent, especially in a corrupt country like Nigeria.

For example, let us say there is a pool of 1 million Nigerians to choose from to make up 20 contestants for a reality show. 1-2 slots may be reserved for these unknown Nigerians who have no big name contacts or money. While the remaining 18-19 slots would be automatically reserved for people with contacts. These people with money or contacts may not even need to audition or may do a pretentious auditioning to fool people into believing that the auditioning process is fair.

1 Like

Re: BBNaija And Its Mysterious Selection Process by Wizy123: 10:00am On Jul 24, 2019
DarkJeddi:
So is it not FRAUD for them not to SPELL out their CRITERIA for all to see? sad

Why hid under a cloak of silence and allow those they know that doesn't stand a chance to spend money,effort,time and even risks to their lives for an event they never stood a chance in ab initio? angry

They should have simply informed all that ORDINARY PEOPLE are not to audition and be done with it.. shocked
Why should they inform the ordinary people, did they pre-inform the ones doing something already before they applied? Both the ordinary ones and the "extraordinary" wasn't pre-informed, so stop the ranting. By the way before you rush out to go for audition, you should try and study about the modus operandi of how the thing you are going for works, big brother have been around for many years, both in Nigeria, Africa and even worldwide for any body that is interested to apply to read up about them and ask questions before rushing to go for auditions. Well I understand that Nigerian youths don't like making researches, like you that woke up to write this up without making proper research on what big brother really is and how it operates
Re: BBNaija And Its Mysterious Selection Process by Yemiwonder(m): 10:04am On Jul 24, 2019
Wonderboy is speechless
Re: BBNaija And Its Mysterious Selection Process by Nobody: 10:05am On Jul 24, 2019
Poor folks just carry their miserable selves de go audition.

1 Like

Re: BBNaija And Its Mysterious Selection Process by churchee: 10:23am On Jul 24, 2019
omamush:
What about efe?
Which is your problem: Reading or Comprehension?
Appalling youth.

1 Like

Re: BBNaija And Its Mysterious Selection Process by tu9ic3(m): 11:11am On Jul 24, 2019
Op wetin u expect before...if d organisers no use such people u think say dem go see there money wen dey use invest for d show...#IJustWannaMakeCommonSense

1 Like

Re: BBNaija And Its Mysterious Selection Process by Pumpido75(m): 11:13am On Jul 24, 2019
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Nelson was Mr Universe.

SMH!!
You are exceptionally intelligent and a rear wordsmith. Respect sir Nwakpei.

1 Like

Re: BBNaija And Its Mysterious Selection Process by Psoul(m): 11:17am On Jul 24, 2019
Rapmoney:
BBNaija And Its Mysterious Selection Process

Every year, thousands of Nigerian youths troop to various audition centres across the country in a fierce and dangerous selection process in order to partake in the Big Brother Naija Reality Show. No doubt, many have lost vital possessions while some sustained various degrees of injuries. I for one, has never been a fan of this show because I'm still trying to figure out what the show is all about and of what benefit it is to the Nigerian youths. It seems the only things promoted on this show are sex, alcholol, party and more sex. Nevertheless, I'd like to leave this aspect for another time. The focus of this article is the selection process for housemates on the BBNaija show.

Why is it that MOST folks who found their way to the BBNaija show seemed to be connected to some notable figures in one sector or the other in Nigeria? Why is that MOST of them had already gotten some degree of popularity before they were selected as BBNaija housemates? Why is it that MOST of them had already gotten some exposure living abroad before they were selected as BBNaija housemates? Is there a secret behind this that we do not know or is it just a coincidence? Some persons might want to point out Efe Ejebah, BBNaija winner 2016 edition as a contrast to my opinion but I believe we can all read. It is the same reason I used uppercase for the 'most' for those who find it difficult reading between lines in write-ups like this very one. If you are good in Statistics and research writing in Social Sciences, you would understand the importance or essence of respondents. If you are not, I will use a layman's language that you would understand better. In a series of occurrences, there is a frequency which happens to be the highest occurrence. When series of events occur, the event/factor with the highest occurrence is used to judge situations.

Now, what are the criteria for selecting people into the house by BBNija organizers? Is it age, fluency in English, wealth, fame, international exposure, educational background, beauty/handsomeness, sultriness or pure connections? Why do we always see people who want to act 'foreign' in BBNaija editions? Why can't we have Nigerian youths from all walks of life in the show? I mean, why can't we have Idemudia, Oghenerukevwe, Olawole, Idris or Obinna who has never tasted the slightest amount of luxury in life ever before? I am sure this category of people take part in the auditions every year. How come most of these housemates have featured in one advert, music video or movie before?

There are so many questions many Nigerian youths do not bother to ask before trooping out every year to take part in the BBNaija auditions which I consider a high profile entertainment scam!!!

Any entertainment show where the selection process is clouded in secrecy and not spelt out absolutely is not worth the stress of right-thinking youths.

Kelvin Ukachukwu (Rapmoney) is a media consultant.

Kelvin, thank you for your observations. I want to beliv u have made a critical one as led by your knowledge.

From the paragraph of your thread, It was glaring that you do not like the programme; Big Brother Naija and this will make it a bit difficult to like whatever they do there. You will dislike their method of selection, the show itself and if care is not taken, the participants themselves too.
I beliv the organizers of this show have their criteria for selection of participants and I also beliv that they have bn consistent in that. With this, I don't see the reason for the many attacks this programme and their organizers are getting.

The show is for some targeted audience. If one thinks that the programme does not satisfy one's audience, I think one should look for alternative programme that will interest him/her.

From what I have seen so far, I beliv the programme is for people that have already started their journey in the entertainment industries. The programme is not mainly for those trying to find their feet or those that are yet to start a career in the entertainment world.
Know it that even if BBN comes out to tell you that they will only accept people that are already in the entertainment industries are ppl that are already celebrities, millions that are not in that category will still want to go and try their luck.

Oga, you also asked why the liks of Idemudia, Oghenerukevwe, Olawole, Idris or Obinna are not in the show. I am wondering why you are advocating for this group of people when you admitted that you don't know the benefit of this show to our youths. You also said that the show promotes immorality. Are you of the opinion that the immorality to also be extended to the ordinary youth in the society. Below is an extract from your thread.
I'm still trying to figure out what the show is all about and of what benefit it is to the Nigerian youths. It seems the only things promoted on this show are sex, alcholol, party and more sex.

I will suggest that we leave the programm for the people it was meant for. One other thing that I have noticed is that, those that criticize this show so much are the ones that even watch it more especially those amorous sessions of the show.

1 Like

Re: BBNaija And Its Mysterious Selection Process by paparazzi1987(m): 1:05pm On Jul 24, 2019
Rexnegro:

but they expect area boys and girls to use their airtime to enrich them via voting abi ?

na people wey no get sense dey vote na grin

2 Likes

Re: BBNaija And Its Mysterious Selection Process by Unionised(m): 1:40pm On Jul 24, 2019
wirinet:

Even though I don't support any sort of censorship on the show, as long as they comply with the law, I have lots of misgivings.
First the contestants do not represent the average Nigerian with the average Nigerian values. The organisers already know the character traits of the type of person they are looking for, and majority of Nigerians don't fit.
The sad part is that foreigners watching the show would use the show to stereotype the average Nigerian.

Are you saying the contestants are that bad?

What exactly are the bad things these set of contestants portray that is alien to the "average" Nigerian?

What "good" behaviours did the Previous "local" contestants portray that is lacking in this current set?

Let us agree that the organizers had a "type" in mind for this year and they went for it. And that "type" is no different from what we are see everyday as Nigerians anyway.

It is a business.

Let us just agree
Re: BBNaija And Its Mysterious Selection Process by Johnsghana(m): 2:08pm On Jul 24, 2019
lonelydora:

Just hear yourself. Did you really understand my comment?

Please Madam, no be fight!

I was just asking you to explore another angle to the matter as the show is not an empowerment program or a charity program.

The motives of the organizers is far from what you are talking about. They want people whose character are interesting enough to engage viewers and provide enough data for their socio-psychological experiment.

1 Like

Re: BBNaija And Its Mysterious Selection Process by INDUSTRIALFAN(m): 6:26am On Jul 25, 2019
ariesbull:

I don't think you are even educated....they even captured people like you that would raise the issue of Efe!

Why do we have girls like this everywhere...please go back and read the article again. Hope you did comprehension in English as a topic in SS 2 class ?
upper cut grin

1 Like

Re: BBNaija And Its Mysterious Selection Process by INDUSTRIALFAN(m): 6:53am On Jul 25, 2019
Johnsghana:

Please Madam, no be fight!

I was just asking you to explore another angle to the matter as the show is not an empowerment program or a charity program.

The motives of the organizers is far from what you are talking about. They want people whose character are interesting enough to engage viewers and provide enough data for their socio-psychological experiment.
where best to get interesting characters than from the streets of Nigeria? If you really want to know about the Nigerian man and their behavioral patterns, you can't find that from already refined supposed Nigerians. To get flour to make bread, you must first grind and process corn where do you find corn? Certainly not already made in a factory. You must first go to a farm where they are sprung up from originally.
If the organizers re collecting study data, they have missed their mark by a million miles.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

NANS Gives Multi-choice Company Seven Days To Begin Pay-as-you-view Billing Or.. / Amaka Has Been Evicted From BBNaija Show / "It Was A Sad Moment For Me" - Erica Writes About Her Disqualification

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.