Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,647 members, 7,813,175 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:12 AM

Take The Ultimate TECNO Phantom 9 Poll: Is It Worth Your Money? Vote/see Results - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Take The Ultimate TECNO Phantom 9 Poll: Is It Worth Your Money? Vote/see Results (2783 Views)

Pictures From Tecno Phantom 9 Launch In Lagos / TECNO Phantom 9 Unboxing And Review + Price (photos) / TECNO PHANTOM 9 Wrapped In Aurora-inspired Beauty (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Take The Ultimate TECNO Phantom 9 Poll: Is It Worth Your Money? Vote/see Results by dsnet: 10:07am On Jul 08, 2019
Take this TECNO Phantom 9 poll and have your say: is this first budget Phantom smartphone ever worth your money or do you think you can get better from other brands?

Take the poll or just go see the results.

1 Share

Re: Take The Ultimate TECNO Phantom 9 Poll: Is It Worth Your Money? Vote/see Results by drjprince: 10:50am On Jul 08, 2019
definitely not worth a dime cool cool
Re: Take The Ultimate TECNO Phantom 9 Poll: Is It Worth Your Money? Vote/see Results by PhenomenalMorgan(m): 11:18am On Jul 08, 2019
drjprince:
Whilst we bash Tecno for using an weak processor, we must realise that it is difficult to see a device with AMOLED display and In display Fingerprint scanner at $220...
Although many people said that the AMOLED display is trash and that the indisplay FP scanner is laggy gringringrin
Re: Take The Ultimate TECNO Phantom 9 Poll: Is It Worth Your Money? Vote/see Results by Norman4real(m): 11:39am On Jul 08, 2019
PhenomenalMorgan:

Whilst we bash Tecno for using an outdated processor, we must realise that it is difficult to see a device with AMOLED display and In display Fingerprint scanner at $220...
Although many people said that the AMOLED display is trash and that the indisplay FP scanner is laggy gringringrin
but what exactly do people mean by "outdated" processor The p35 was released late last year and most phones using it were released in 2019. You can make an argument for it being a "weak" processor but it's definitely not outdated coz otherwise it wouldn't support latest features like 20:10 aspect ratio, Tripple cameras or face unlock.

2 Likes

Re: Take The Ultimate TECNO Phantom 9 Poll: Is It Worth Your Money? Vote/see Results by PhenomenalMorgan(m): 12:09pm On Jul 08, 2019
Norman4real:
but what exactly do people mean by "outdated" processor The p35 was released late last year and most phones using it were released in 2019. You can make an argument for it being a "weak" processor but it's definitely not outdated coz otherwise it wouldn't support latest features like 20:10 aspect ratio, Tripple cameras or face unlock.
You are right to an extent...
I'll edit my post...
But know that a new Mediatek helio P35 may not be as powerful as a lets say a 2 year old helio P70...

1 Like

Re: Take The Ultimate TECNO Phantom 9 Poll: Is It Worth Your Money? Vote/see Results by Norman4real(m): 1:34pm On Jul 08, 2019
PhenomenalMorgan:

You are right to an extent...
I'll edit my post...
But know that a new Mediatek helio P35 may not be as powerful as a lets say a 2 year old helio P70...
P70 was actually released at the same time with p35 but I get what you're saying. Maybe for instance the P60 from 2017 is still more powerful than p35. In fact even the 3yr old X25, X27 are more powerful, its just unfortunate that mediatek canceled out the X series coz those were supposed to be the "flagship" chips.

1 Like

Re: Take The Ultimate TECNO Phantom 9 Poll: Is It Worth Your Money? Vote/see Results by DarkJeddi(m): 8:43pm On Jul 08, 2019
Trashy piece of crap.. shocked
Re: Take The Ultimate TECNO Phantom 9 Poll: Is It Worth Your Money? Vote/see Results by Chiemezueajuzie: 4:34pm On Jul 09, 2019
Yes please it is worth the price and more....
Re: Take The Ultimate TECNO Phantom 9 Poll: Is It Worth Your Money? Vote/see Results by drjprince: 6:15pm On Jul 09, 2019
Chiemezueajuzie:
Yes please it is worth the price and more....
stupid marketer
Re: Take The Ultimate TECNO Phantom 9 Poll: Is It Worth Your Money? Vote/see Results by Chuksteric(m): 6:30pm On Jul 09, 2019
PhenomenalMorgan:

Whilst we bash Tecno for using an weak processor, we must realise that it is difficult to see a device with AMOLED display and In display Fingerprint scanner at $220...

Re: Take The Ultimate TECNO Phantom 9 Poll: Is It Worth Your Money? Vote/see Results by Gwandana: 6:39pm On Jul 09, 2019
Let's give it up to Tecno.. they are making others tighten their belts

2 Likes

Re: Take The Ultimate TECNO Phantom 9 Poll: Is It Worth Your Money? Vote/see Results by MrBONE2(m): 7:47pm On Jul 09, 2019
Gwandana:
cheesy

5 Likes

Re: Take The Ultimate TECNO Phantom 9 Poll: Is It Worth Your Money? Vote/see Results by drjprince: 7:58pm On Jul 09, 2019
Gwandana:
marketer try to make up a better lie
Re: Take The Ultimate TECNO Phantom 9 Poll: Is It Worth Your Money? Vote/see Results by PhenomenalMorgan(m): 8:16pm On Jul 09, 2019
[quote author=Chuksteric post=80101787][/quote]
So how are those features impressive for a device at such price
Re: Take The Ultimate TECNO Phantom 9 Poll: Is It Worth Your Money? Vote/see Results by Flytime: 9:03pm On Jul 09, 2019
Guys this phone is worth it which other phone be it Samsung,huawei,umidigi,xaomi or Nokia phone will you see with the same specs for that price mind you it has an amoled display,a triple camera and in display fingerprint whether laggy or not it works fine with cool animations even when locked which Nokia 9 which is Nokia's flagship can't do
Re: Take The Ultimate TECNO Phantom 9 Poll: Is It Worth Your Money? Vote/see Results by Timileyin1234(m): 10:36pm On Jul 09, 2019
Don’t be deceived by the trio cameras. They are just gimmicks. Under display fingerprint is laggy, Tecno is not Apple that perfect bugs through update. Don’t fall for scam o

1 Like

Re: Take The Ultimate TECNO Phantom 9 Poll: Is It Worth Your Money? Vote/see Results by Uchechiokpara39: 8:53am On Jul 10, 2019
This is totally and advanced phantom...

I need me a TECNO Phantom 9....just like Lucky

Re: Take The Ultimate TECNO Phantom 9 Poll: Is It Worth Your Money? Vote/see Results by drjprince: 9:06am On Jul 10, 2019
Uchechiokpara39:
This is totally and advanced phantom...

I need me a TECNO Phantom 9....just like Lucky
tecno marketer you cant even write correct english only God knows how your devices will be,as usual useless marketers marketing wack phantom 9

1 Like

Re: Take The Ultimate TECNO Phantom 9 Poll: Is It Worth Your Money? Vote/see Results by Pweetyteey: 10:09am On Jul 10, 2019
I remember this same Mobility Arena published an article last year that TECNO stopped the Phantom series, Are you sure this guy is still credible?
The Phantom 9 is a sure get for me...
Re: Take The Ultimate TECNO Phantom 9 Poll: Is It Worth Your Money? Vote/see Results by Ennyholar: 10:15am On Jul 10, 2019
PhenomenalMorgan:

I don't agree to an extent
I was at the launch and I can tell you that the inscreen fingerprint isn't any close to laggy and the Amoled you called trash is not trashy at all.

I feel you just have an hate for the brand.
Re: Take The Ultimate TECNO Phantom 9 Poll: Is It Worth Your Money? Vote/see Results by PhenomenalMorgan(m): 10:17am On Jul 10, 2019
Ennyholar:

I don't agree to an extent
I was at the launch and I can tell you that the inscreen fingerprint isn't any close to laggy and the Amoled you called trash is not trashy at all.

I feel you just have an hate for the brand.
I watched Henry007 review...
I am taking based on that video...
Why would I hate the brand

1 Like

Re: Take The Ultimate TECNO Phantom 9 Poll: Is It Worth Your Money? Vote/see Results by Ennyholar: 10:17am On Jul 10, 2019
Timileyin1234:
Don’t be deceived by the trio cameras. They are just gimmicks. Under display fingerprint is laggy, Tecno is not Apple that perfect bugs through update. Don’t fall for scam o

Don't say what you don't know
I had the opportunity of using the device at the launch and I can say that the under display is not laggy at all.
Re: Take The Ultimate TECNO Phantom 9 Poll: Is It Worth Your Money? Vote/see Results by Ennyholar: 10:19am On Jul 10, 2019
PhenomenalMorgan:

I watched Henry007 review...
I am taking based on that video...
Why would I hate the brand

Have seen the phone and I know what I'm saying.
Re: Take The Ultimate TECNO Phantom 9 Poll: Is It Worth Your Money? Vote/see Results by Goldyyy: 10:34am On Jul 10, 2019
This Mobility guy, he's articles are always trash I swear.. I've been following him up
Re: Take The Ultimate TECNO Phantom 9 Poll: Is It Worth Your Money? Vote/see Results by stanboy28(m): 10:42am On Jul 10, 2019
Norman4real:
that processor shouldn't even be Ina flagship tecno phone... What are u saying.. Its a totally mesdriocre processor.. Leave all the paparazzi camera and indisplay finger print shit.. That process suppose to be in feature phones.. Not tecno's flagship... Its a total disgrace
Re: Take The Ultimate TECNO Phantom 9 Poll: Is It Worth Your Money? Vote/see Results by stanboy28(m): 10:48am On Jul 10, 2019
Flytime:
Guys this phone is worth it which other phone be it Samsung,huawei,umidigi,xaomi or Nokia phone will you see with the same specs for that price mind you it has an amoled display,a triple camera and in display fingerprint whether laggy or not it works fine with cool animations even when locked which Nokia 9 which is Nokia's flagship can't do
don't just go there.. There a better phones far cheaper than this crap.. And outperform this crappy phone too.. Redmi note 7 is one... Forget that amoled shit and indisplay fingerprints.. The camera is even trash according to what I see in Miss techy review...

1 Like

Re: Take The Ultimate TECNO Phantom 9 Poll: Is It Worth Your Money? Vote/see Results by Jimgym(m): 11:13am On Jul 10, 2019
of cause it does. There massive improvement to the phone and I really hope to get it as soon as it is released.
Re: Take The Ultimate TECNO Phantom 9 Poll: Is It Worth Your Money? Vote/see Results by Jimgym(m): 11:20am On Jul 10, 2019
Those mobility arena sef shouldn't be taken seriously, they are so inconsistent.
Pweetyteey:
I remember this same Mobility Arena published an article last year that TECNO stopped the Phantom series, Are you sure this guy is still credible?
The Phantom 9 is a sure get for me...
Re: Take The Ultimate TECNO Phantom 9 Poll: Is It Worth Your Money? Vote/see Results by Nobody: 11:26am On Jul 10, 2019
Ennyholar:

I had the opportunity of using the device at the launch and I can say that the under display is not laggy at all.

I still think they should have stuck with the tested and trusted capacitive fingerprint scanner instead of using an optical in display. If they wanna make in display then it has to be ultrasonic or nothing. To me using an optical in display fingerprint sensor is never an upgrade to capacitive type which could be 100% accurate. Even ultrasonic sef (the ones on galaxy s10 series) are still not 100% perfect. Trust me I've been there done that. There is no way an optical fingerprint sensor is better. Sometimes when u want to unlock with ur fingers u need to try 3-4 times before it unlocks, especially at night. I get this a lot when trying to unlock while driving and its annoying. Sometimes it works perfectly but trust me, when it misbehaves when u need it the most. I'll say its about 80% accurate.

I now understand why Xiaomi decided to not use in display fingerprint in the redmi note 7. I mean its a cheap phone and putting an unltrasonic fingerprint would make it more expensive, but then using an optical sensor won't make it any better so they went with what is tested and trusted and its one of the fastest fingerprints in the game. Its just a gimmick that would die soon, just like the whole notch thing.

2 Likes

Re: Take The Ultimate TECNO Phantom 9 Poll: Is It Worth Your Money? Vote/see Results by Timileyin1234(m): 2:48pm On Jul 10, 2019
Ennyholar:

Leave that, Tecno will alway be Tecno. Same shit different yeah
Re: Take The Ultimate TECNO Phantom 9 Poll: Is It Worth Your Money? Vote/see Results by Melaninprincess(f): 3:48pm On Jul 10, 2019
drjprince:
everything has a worth lol
Re: Take The Ultimate TECNO Phantom 9 Poll: Is It Worth Your Money? Vote/see Results by Flytime: 3:49pm On Jul 10, 2019
stanboy28:
don't just go there.. There a better phones far cheaper than this crap.. And outperform this crappy phone too.. Redmi note 7 is one... Forget that amoled shit and indisplay fingerprints.. The camera is even trash according to what I see in Miss techy review...
We can't compare this phone and leave the indisplay fingerprint and smiled display behind with such at a cheap price one or two things would be a little off

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Is Happening With Internet Service Providers? / Jumia Late Delivery Experience / Please Which Good Phone Can 50,000 - 60,000 Naira Get?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.