Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,818 members, 7,810,145 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:37 PM

A Honest Question About RUGA - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / A Honest Question About RUGA (1473 Views)

Where Are The South East,CAN,Reno,FFK,PDP On Bala Mohammed Statement About RUGA / So Atiku Didn't Say A Word About RUGA? / What Is Your View About RUGA And Why? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Honest Question About RUGA by AbuuBilaal(m): 1:53pm On Jul 08, 2019
This morning I wrote a comment on a RUGA related thread. I received support and backlashes from nairalanders for that comment.

But, fortunately for me, a few reasonable folks replied to my comment objectively.

Now I have a question that I need honest answers to:

We all know that the north have more land than the south and east combined. So why aren't they just rearing their cattle in the north and leaving the south alone?
Why do they still want land in the south?

Or is there some benefit for the south in this scheme that I'm not seeing?

Kindly give reasons for your response. And please avoid insults and hate speech. Let's enlighten ourselves.

Note: this is a honest question and I need honest answers. Thanks.

Please don't
Re: A Honest Question About RUGA by bobowaja(m): 1:59pm On Jul 08, 2019
Lol.... The land grabbers. grin grin grin

What you north should know is that a united South is a big threat to northern dominance and this land grabbing act will unite us all against a perceive enemy.

Go to sambisa for a wide land and feed your cows except you will accept yoruba pigs and calabar dogs colonies up north (especially in sokoto and kastina).

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Honest Question About RUGA by tofolo(m): 2:00pm On Jul 08, 2019
AbuuBilaal:
This morning I wrote a comment on a RUGA related thread. I received support and backlashes from nairalanders for that comment.

But, fortunately for me, a few reasonable folks replied to my comment with objectively.

We all know that the north have more land than the south and east combined. So why aren't they just rearing their cattle in the north and leaving the south alone?

Kindly give reasons for your response. And please avoid insults and hate speech. Let's enlighten ourselves.

Please don't
ABU, am in the north and I can tell you there is no benefit to this RUGA thing. its simply land grabbing .The president once made mention that these herdsmen are not Nigerians so why compensate them with lands?

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Honest Question About RUGA by Eteka1(m): 2:05pm On Jul 08, 2019
The Federal Government stated clearly that the RUGA initiative is not "mandatory" but rather "voluntary", and interested states have to apply and meet the necessary requirements.

Before the suspension of the scheme 12 States had applied and they were all Northern States so why all the fuss?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Honest Question About RUGA by AbuuBilaal(m): 2:06pm On Jul 08, 2019
bobowaja:
Lol.... The land grabbers. grin grin grin

What you north should know is that a united South is a big threat to northern dominance and this land grabbing act will unite us all against a perceive enemy.

Go to sambisa for a wide land and feed your cows except you will accept yoruba pigs and calabar dogs colonies up north (especially in sokoto and kastina).

Please, for the one thousandth time, I'm not a northerner! I'm from Osun State.
angry

1 Like

Re: A Honest Question About RUGA by bobowaja(m): 2:18pm On Jul 08, 2019
AbuuBilaal:

angry
You can never be from osun state. We don't raise sell outs in yoruba lands. If you want fulani, go meet them in sokoto caliphate. Thanks

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A Honest Question About RUGA by AbuuBilaal(m): 2:21pm On Jul 08, 2019
bobowaja:

You can never be from osun state. We don't raise sell outs in yoruba lands. If you want fulani, go meet them in sokoto caliphate. Thanks

Okay, thanks. Please let's go back to the topic. What's your say on it

2 Likes

Re: A Honest Question About RUGA by bobowaja(m): 2:28pm On Jul 08, 2019
AbuuBilaal:

Okay, thanks. Please let's go back to the topic. What's your say on it
There are much lands in the north. Even Niger state govt told them they can hold all the ruga within their state. Fulanis are not after food for their cows..... They are after political dominance. Little by little they will occupy our lands and later contest for elections. Then they will become a single group that determines electoral results in every state and the indigenous settlers will become minorities (or even wiped out).

We all know their plans and only the blinded or greedy ones can't see through it.

4 Likes

Re: A Honest Question About RUGA by tooth4tooth: 2:39pm On Jul 08, 2019
[quote author=AbuuBilaal post=80061782]

That boils down to your question .Why are they so desperate about it. The first time it was cattle colony and now it is Ruga settlement. Why are they making disingenuous attempt to outmanoeuvre us as if we are dumb.

Since they have landmass,why is it so hard for them to confine themselves to the north

The grass in south is green almost throughout the year but at most six month in the north .There is more water here in the south.

1 Like

Re: A Honest Question About RUGA by freeze001(f): 3:22pm On Jul 08, 2019
Why the suspension in the first place just because some states said they were not interested? Does their lack of interest affect implementation in those Northern states?

Eteka1:
The Federal Government stated clearly that the RUGA initiative is not "mandatory" but rather "voluntary", and interested states have to apply and meet the necessary requirements.

Before the suspension of the scheme 12 States had applied and they were all Northern States so why all the fuss?

5 Likes

Re: A Honest Question About RUGA by adeswagsdmj(m): 4:07pm On Jul 08, 2019
AbuuBilaal:

angry

You are not from Osun State.....

And if you are shame on you for picking religion over your Tribe and Land

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Honest Question About RUGA by Turantula(m): 4:31pm On Jul 08, 2019
My Fulani Terrorist friend which country are you from? Chad, Sudan, Guinea

4 Likes

Re: A Honest Question About RUGA by 9jaunite: 4:51pm On Jul 08, 2019
Turantula:
My Fulani Terrorist friend which country are you from? Chad, Sudan, Guinea
grin Busted

3 Likes

Re: A Honest Question About RUGA by 9jaunite: 4:52pm On Jul 08, 2019
AbuuBilaal:

But, fortunately for me, a few reasonable folks replied to my comment objectively.

Please don't
Go back to Mali

And who datch this terrorists a phone

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Honest Question About RUGA by orisa37: 5:15pm On Jul 08, 2019
Read OBJ's last week's Thread on this Fulani Herdsmen's Takeover Nigeria Idea. And you get all your answers. I hope you know who OBJ, of the Universe Reknown, is in Nigeria?
Re: A Honest Question About RUGA by bobowaja(m): 8:46pm On Jul 08, 2019
Dude is a fulani. Yoruba fought wars and repelled the blood thirsty fulanis grandfathers at osogbo in 1842. Osun state can't raise a sell out child.
Re: A Honest Question About RUGA by FearGodinall: 9:23pm On Jul 08, 2019
Eteka1:

. Hope Benue was among the states that give their consent to this Ruga nonsense but fortunate or unfortunately,the same people were seen protesting against the Ruga initiative so,what actually comes to mind.
Re: A Honest Question About RUGA by jamace(m): 10:01pm On Jul 08, 2019
Eteka1:

Don't take the FG for its words. FG can lie beyond imagination. If RUGA was voluntary for states, why was RUGA established in a village in Benue State, when Benue state did not subscribe to RUGA?. There is a video going viral in which the Benue village went to dismantle the signpost and fence poles.

2 Likes

Re: A Honest Question About RUGA by Kazim88: 10:57pm On Jul 08, 2019
jamace:

Don't take the FG for its words. FG can lie beyond imagination. If RUGA was voluntary for states, why was RUGA established in a village in Benue State, when Benue state did not subscribe to RUGA?. There is a video going viral in which the Benue village went to dismantle the signpost and fence poles.

They know the government is trying hard to force it on the whole country just that this once are unrepentantable zombies.

2 Likes

Re: A Honest Question About RUGA by MayorofLagos(m): 11:04pm On Jul 08, 2019
AbuuBilaal:

Please don't

This is not about land anymore.

Ruga question should now focus on balancing the right of access to market.

Those who bent backward and accomodated Ibo with access and privilege to market, need the favor to be reciprocated and for leadership in Iboland to open access and give privilege of trading to fulani cattle breeders.

1 Like

Re: A Honest Question About RUGA by IamAtikulate: 12:12am On Jul 09, 2019
MayorofLagos:

Those who bent backward and accomodated Ibo with access and privilege to market, need the favor to be reciprocated and for leadership in Iboland to open access and give privilege of trading to fulani cattle breeders.
Alert!!!

He is a yoruba moslem, ignore him.

2 Likes

Re: A Honest Question About RUGA by socialmediaman: 12:22am On Jul 09, 2019
Eteka1:

It wasn’t mandatory but Benue land was mandatorily being taken over for the scheme before they started raising alarm?

2 Likes

Re: A Honest Question About RUGA by Olanipekun1: 5:01am On Jul 09, 2019
[s]
MayorofLagos:

[/s]
chaii why always yeroba Muslims?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Honest Question About RUGA by AbuuBilaal(m): 6:44am On Jul 09, 2019
MayorofLagos:

Nice contribution sir.

However, I have a question.

Did the Ibos get those lands for free? I mean the land they're using for business.
Re: A Honest Question About RUGA by AbuuBilaal(m): 6:52am On Jul 09, 2019
I think our generation has been overwhelmed with politics and bigotry.

Our fathers gave lands to strangers of all tribes. In my home town, fulanis have their own community, they graze their cattle around and sell their yogurt and cattle without issues.

Many Yoruba people buy cows and give fulanis to graze for them. They share the offspring of the cattle with the fulanis. I know people who have become rich through this partnership. I mean, they built houses and bought cars out of cattle money.

And my people describe these fulanis as trustworthy and so on.

I believe that our generation has been overwhelmed with bigotry and this is depriving us of a lot of good.
Re: A Honest Question About RUGA by Genius100: 7:02am On Jul 09, 2019
AbuuBilaal:

Please don't

Desertification is far more prevalent in the north than the south. The north is also full of bandits and cattle rustlers who have been attacking the herders and stealing their cows.

2 Likes

Re: A Honest Question About RUGA by AbuuBilaal(m): 7:15am On Jul 09, 2019
Genius100:

Desertification is far more prevalent in the north than the south. The north is also full of bandits and cattle rustlers who have been attacking the herders and stealing their cows.

Nice point here.

Don't you think it's better for the government to tackle the problems rather than to run from the problems.

For example they may begin an afforestation scheme and tighten up security. Or what do you think?

Because, if the north isn't safe from cow thieves, the east will be more dangerous.

1 Like

Re: A Honest Question About RUGA by Genius100: 7:19pm On Jul 10, 2019
AbuuBilaal:

Nice point here.

Don't you think it's better for the government to tackle the problems rather than to run from the problems.

For example they may begin an afforestation scheme and tighten up security. Or what do you think?

Because, if the north isn't safe from cow thieves, the east will be more dangerous.

Yes but afforestation takes years. A lot is being done on security and the banditry has slowed down a bit. Building ranches is the ultimate solution

2 Likes

Re: A Honest Question About RUGA by goldust777: 7:24pm On Jul 10, 2019
AbuuBilaal:

Please don't
Because during the dry season there is still enough green grass and fresh water for cows in the south than the semi arid desert north

1 Like

Re: A Honest Question About RUGA by bendike: 12:57pm On Jul 12, 2019
AbuuBilaal:

angry
Are you sure? grin
Re: A Honest Question About RUGA by vankaid: 1:25pm On Jul 12, 2019
Eteka1:

They were not all northern states and they did not all apply.

1. Ondo state was in the list but the governor cleared that he is not in the RUGA idea but ranching which they already provided even before RUGA.

2. Benue State was alo in the list but the governor came out and openly denied involvment. Infact they did a press conference where they stated that federal government came with the idea but they rejected it only for the Ministry of Agriculture to come in forcefully with bulldozers to start clearing land.

So my friend, there is nothing voluntary about RUGA and it is simply cattle colony renamed.

The FG will arm twist every governor eventually and implement it against people's wish if people kept quiet.

1 Like

Re: A Honest Question About RUGA by FarahAideed: 1:41pm On Jul 12, 2019
Listen to me and listen to me carefully .. It would be a suicidal error to assume the Fulanis are into cattle rearing for basis of profiting .The existence of the typical Fulani is driven purely by an expansionist desire and they rear cattles only for the purpose of funding this desire and nothing else .. Ask yourself why a Fulani man will quickly sell his cow and but never sell his weapons no matter what . The truth is that RUGA are a deceptive way of completing the work Usman Dan fodio failed to do which is making Nigeria the ancestral home of the Fulanis from North to south

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Amazing, See Primary Health Centre in Oloki- Akoda, Ede South Osun state. PHOTOS / Osinbajo, Obasanjo, Jonathan, Govs Attend Udom’s Father’s Funeral / Kemi Olunloyo Insists Nnamdi Kanu Is Dead, Gives Evidence

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.