Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,533 members, 7,812,653 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:55 PM

Foreigners Troop To Nigeria As Citizens Japa In Search Of Greener Pastures - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Foreigners Troop To Nigeria As Citizens Japa In Search Of Greener Pastures (41165 Views)

Anambra In Diaspora Troop Into State Despite High Cost Of Flight Tickets(photos) / From Frying Pan To Fire In Search Of Greener Pastures. PART 2 / From Frying Pan To Fire In Search Of Greener Pastures. My True Life Experience. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Foreigners Troop To Nigeria As Citizens Japa In Search Of Greener Pastures by Kuginzi: 7:55am On Oct 29, 2023
A recent visit to the departure hall of the Murtala Muhammed International Airport (MMIA), Lagos was a beehive of activities with thousands of Nigerians leaving the country. From findings, majority of them were going with a one-way ticket, which means that they have no intention of coming back soon, if at all they would return.

This is the reality of the moment as the japa syndrome that has hit the country’s fabric has continued unabated, with thousands of Nigerians leaving the country on a daily basis in search of what is usually known as the greener pastures in Europe, America and other countries, where they believe there are opportunities.

The founder of a medical facility in Lagos recently complained how he lost virtually all his personnel (doctors and nurses) to the Japa syndrome, leaving him virtually stranded and unable to cope with the number of patients trooping to his clinic. This is the case in other sectors as citizens flee the country while the country’s human resource is badly depleted.

In the first half of 2023, the United Kingdom, which is unarguably the first country of destination by many Nigerians, especially those going for further studies with their dependents, said it issued some 132,000 visas to Nigerians.

According to Jonny Baxter, British Deputy High Commissioner in Lagos, “In the first half of the year we granted approximately 132,000 visas, which include visit, work and study.

“In the previous full year before that, we issued about 324,000. In that year, the United Kingdom issued about three million visas, and of the number, 324,000 were issued to Nigerians, which is about 10 per cent.”

Apart from the United Kingdom, those going on irregular migration through the Sahara desert are also in thousands despite the risk involved as shown in the figure of evacuation. In the first half of 2023, no fewer than 4,000 Nigerians were stranded in different countries, especially the Middle East and were evacuated by the International Organisation for Migration (IOM) and the National Emergency Management Agency (NEMA) in different exercises.

The IOM, through its Assisted Voluntary Return and Reintegration Programme, also repatriated over 3,000 Nigerians from Libya alone in 2023, with majority of the returnees languishing in Libyan detention camps before the help of the IOM came. They were arrested after failed attempts to cross to Europe through the Mediterranean Sea.

While this migration, whether regularly or irregularly, otherwise known as Japa, has continued, some foreigners are not seeing an entirely hopeless situation in Nigeria as many of them also troop to the country on a daily basis for businesses.

Foreigners find solace in Nigeria

Findings by Daily Trust on Sunday indicate that many foreigners from China, India, Lebanon, United Kingdom, among others, have also found Nigerians as home, leveraging on opportunities in the country in oil and gas, construction, telecommunication sector, among others.

Our correspondent gathered that foreigners trooping into the country for businesses have virtually tripled in recent times, with China leading. Also, Indians, Lebanese, among other nationals have made Nigeria their homes, working in various sectors.

From Ikeja GRA to Victoria Island, the Lebanese community in Nigeria has grown over time, becoming one of the largest diaspora communities in Nigeria with about 75,000 people. The existence of blue chip companies owned by Lebanese, as well as construction sites belonging to their nationals, has seen some of their kinsmen playing significant roles in their operation.

Similarly, the Chinese community has grown in leaps and bounds owing to the various construction projects handled by Chinese construction giants in Nigeria like the China Civil Engineering and Construction Corporation (CCECC) handling various railway projects. The CCECC constructed the Lagos-Ibadan standard gauge railway, Abuja-Kaduna rail, Kaduna-Kano rail, the four new international airport terminals, among other projects.

In addition, findings by our correspondent showed that many Chinese are working at various quarry sites across Nigeria.

Our correspondent recently visited the popular Chinese Village in Lagos, which has become a marketplace for their nationals in the state, where they live and ply their trade.

According to an official of the village, more Chinese nationals troop into the village on a daily basis.

“If you need any special Chinese attire or product, you see hundreds of China Town vendors in this village. They are here making a living and contributing to the economy of the state and Nigeria in general,” the manager said.

India is another big community in Nigeria spread across the South and northern part of the country. According to India’s High Commissioner in Nigeria, Gangadharan Balasubramanian, there are no fewer than 60,000 Indians who have made Nigeria their home. In all, there are estimated 90,000 Indians in Nigeria working in various industries, especially the manufacturing sector.

In most cases, they are filling vacancies in management and technical positions, especially where the expertise is lacking in Nigeria. But many Nigerians have also raised questions about the abuse of expatriate quota.

Daily Trust on Sunday reports that expatriate quota policy enables foreign companies to recruit foreign employees to work legitimately in Nigeria.

Visas-on-arrival doubled

Checks by our correspondent revealed that the number of visas-on- arrival (VoA) issued at the Murtala Muhammed International Airport (MMIA), Lagos has doubled since the policy was implemented in line with the ease of doing business policy of the federal government.

From 38,000 VoAs issued at the busiest airport alone in 2018, the number grew to 53,644 in 2022. While efforts to get this year’s figure were futile as the immigration declined to release it, our correspondent learnt that more people are coming into the country for businesses.

Opportunities abound in Nigeria – Foreigners

Some foreigners who spoke with our correspondent said opportunities still abounded in Nigeria despite the Japa syndrome.

An Indian who has made Nigeria his home said there were opportunities for the people to explore, especially in the technology and start-up ecosystem.

The Indian businessman, Anil Rai, who resides at Ilupeju, Lagos said, “Nigeria is known for having many different cultures and lots of good things to offer. One important thing is that there are various opportunities for both people and the environment. People in Nigeria are friendly to one another and show a lot of respect to their bosses at work. They are also eager to learn new things and use new technology.

How to reduce the Japa syndrome

On the Japa syndrome, he said that while there are opportunities in Nigeria, there are also challenges.

“The problem is the economic situation, interest rate and inflation. When I talk to people who actually engage in the Japa syndrome, they talk about their children, the education system in the country and other practical things. There are lots of elements but that is up to the new Nigerian government to make sure that these things are tweaked and the economy would be growing again.”

He said if the economy of Nigeria grew, jobs would be created and the Japa syndrome would reduce.

https://dailytrust.com/foreigners-troop-to-nigeria-as-citizens-japa-in-search-of-greener-pastures/

20 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Foreigners Troop To Nigeria As Citizens Japa In Search Of Greener Pastures by jumper524(m): 7:58am On Oct 29, 2023
satin you find go sokoto dey shokoto. its easier to make it in Nigeria than Abroad. except you want to work through to your old age..

86 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Foreigners Troop To Nigeria As Citizens Japa In Search Of Greener Pastures by Ozommadu: 7:59am On Oct 29, 2023
I told dipo the twitter ethnic bigot who supported ebola government to come back to Nigeria and enjoy the failure he supported.

The we.rey blocked me angry

179 Likes 18 Shares

Re: Foreigners Troop To Nigeria As Citizens Japa In Search Of Greener Pastures by Mservice0: 8:31am On Oct 29, 2023
Wow😆
Re: Foreigners Troop To Nigeria As Citizens Japa In Search Of Greener Pastures by JASONjnr(m): 8:31am On Oct 29, 2023
jumper524:
satin you find go sokoto dey shokoto.
its easier to make it in Nigeria than Abroad.
except you want to work through to your old age..

Lol...... What every BMC will write just to get paid at the end of the month....

Abroad is a million times better than this zoo.

You get to pay for your services and get real-time value.

Not buying 1k data that can't even browse through the day. Or use 1k to call a number for 1hr.

Or pay for electricity and use it constantly while in Nigeria, you pay for electricity when you don't even use it.

The economy, standard of living and weather is all friendly compare to the one chance and rituals you face everyday in Nigeria.

117 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Foreigners Troop To Nigeria As Citizens Japa In Search Of Greener Pastures by muykem: 8:41am On Oct 29, 2023
The reason is simple. It is easier to make it in Nigeria if you are a good manager I.e manage yourself, resource and businesses but easier in abroad if you can not and since average black man are bad manager, they choose abroad.

27 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Foreigners Troop To Nigeria As Citizens Japa In Search Of Greener Pastures by wittywriter: 8:43am On Oct 29, 2023
jumper524:
Self denial doesn't change reality...how much have you earned this year? Convert it to any foreign currency then judge your effort.
JASONjnr :

Lol...... What every BMC TMC will write just to get paid at the end of the month....

Abroad is a million times better than this zoo.

You get to pay for your services and get real-time value.

Not buying 1k data that can't even browse through the day. Or use 1k to call a number for 1hr.

Or pay for electricity and use it constantly while in Nigeria, you pay for electricity when you don'to even use it.

The economy, standard of living and weather is all friendly compare to the one chance and rituals you face everyday in Nigeria.
That NLer is one of the many stupid gullible electorates i told you will enable rigging for corrupt politicians.
Just imagine the slowpoke saying it's easier to make it in Nigeria when even multiple multinational companies are folding up to move out...even the president is begging for investors...very anyhow thinking and dumb electorates.
Lekan239:
it does not change the fact that 50kg cement in Nigeria is 5$ and that 5$ won't get you common buger in Los Angeles.

Shebi na u dey convert na
It's either you lack comparative comprehension ability or you're a kid
because your narrative doesn't correspond.
How much is an hour minimum wage in los Angeles? BTW I stayed in California for 3 months back in 2012...
Fearyourcreator:

Convert to foreign currency cus na abroad he wan spend am on food rent and the rest ... oponu witty witty
Lekan239:
ok. California right.

The average and lowest price of buying a house in california is $850,000. The average salary in california is $5,000 per month. Let's do the calculations. I.e it will take the average man in california 14years of saving all his monthly wage to buy a house.

Likewise with 15m naira you can build a low wage house in Nigeria. Infact people can use less than 15m to build an Average low wage home in Nigeria. The average salary in Nigeria is 85,000 naira. I.e it will take the average Nigerian 13years of saving all his monthly wage to buy a house.

So bcus my 15m naira here in Nigeria is $15,000 in california does not mean I can't build a decent house for my self here with that....

Why should I convert what I earn monthly in Nigeria to Amy foreign country currency while I live in Nigeria and spend naira. Does that make any sense. Fine what I earn in Nigeria won't get me anything in your USA, but it will go a long way in Nigeria where I'm staying.
@bolded sums up your naivety or denial...all the best.

Wittyness.

62 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Foreigners Troop To Nigeria As Citizens Japa In Search Of Greener Pastures by DSS1335: 8:45am On Oct 29, 2023
These foreigners sure no pass Lebanese immigrant. They are everywhere especially here in PH. These guys takes advantages of the weak and corrupt system in Nigeria to make it big. They pay their employee an average minimum wage of N480,000 equivalent of their Lebanese-Lira to their nationals, in Nigeria, they lord over their employee and pay them an amount less than 50k amount. How won't them continue to progress?

Nobody can tell me anything abeg...i am making concerted efforts to send my children to UK where my younger brother lives for over 6 years once they are done with their secondary schooling. Nigerian is so messed up right from the leadership down to their citizenry. There is no hope for this country when the likes of Wike who heavily rigged the last election in the full glare of the public is compensated with the post of a minister.

Until this country get it right by ensuring all corrupt elements including the politicians, the judiciaries, pastors, yahoo boys, civilians, militaries are given the ekweremadu's treatment. In fact kill all bloody corrupt personalities to restore the sanity of this great country! Until then Japa is the only way out

76 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Foreigners Troop To Nigeria As Citizens Japa In Search Of Greener Pastures by Mindlog: 8:51am On Oct 29, 2023
jumper524:

Yimu!

If it is easier to make it in Nigeria, why are 133 million Nigerians multidimensionally poor during Buhari's presidency and expectedly increased now?

Work through your old age....how many Nigerians retire comfortably at age 60?

A Nigerian who is single and earning minimum wage in the UK is 40 times better off than his or her single counterpart in Nigeria, earning minimum wage.

69 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Foreigners Troop To Nigeria As Citizens Japa In Search Of Greener Pastures by Billionairly: 9:09am On Oct 29, 2023
Hahaha...Jokers

Lebanese, Indians and Chinese are known vulture tourists, they are usually visible at places considered dead to scavenge the remains. If you guys are not shameless you would not open mouth and mention them

Even at that, from two countries of combined 2.7 billion desperate people, only 90,000 plus dared to come. Again the total number of Visa on Arrivals was ONLY 52000 people HABA! Truly the country is dead. Lets compare. Kenya 1.2 Million VOA, Ghana 700,000+ VOA, Senegal 450,000 Plus VOA, Benin Republic 220,000+ VOA

THERE IS GOD OH!

69 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Foreigners Troop To Nigeria As Citizens Japa In Search Of Greener Pastures by JASONjnr(m): 9:11am On Oct 29, 2023
wittywriter:

That NLer is one of the many stupid gullible electorates i told you will enable rigging for corrupt politicians.
Just imagine the slowpoke saying it's easier to make it in Nigeria when even multiple multinational companies are folding up to move out...even the president is begging for investors...very anyhow thinking and dumb electorates.

Wittyness.

Answer, I think I have to see things from your own perspective...

2 Likes

Re: Foreigners Troop To Nigeria As Citizens Japa In Search Of Greener Pastures by calabaman(m): 9:21am On Oct 29, 2023
This post is plain funny.

E.g....i was in mega plaza some months ago, the manager called a Nigerian sales boy "hey come here" ...called him an idiot for not replying fast to a message asked.

Can such a racist do same in his country, without getting attacked. Some of us here still belief in the slave mentality like whites are better than us.

He even said sorry for what he didn't do. So looking at it from a foreigners angle: he would be like I'm treated like a king in Nigeria, my guys come and enjoy here and be treated like royalty.

My point.....be good at a certain field and see how you would be appreciated more in a foreign country where hard work is appreciated.

But ultimately let's work smart.

26 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Foreigners Troop To Nigeria As Citizens Japa In Search Of Greener Pastures by omowolewa: 9:23am On Oct 29, 2023
Okay
Re: Foreigners Troop To Nigeria As Citizens Japa In Search Of Greener Pastures by bewla(m): 9:29am On Oct 29, 2023
Life no balance

1 Like

Re: Foreigners Troop To Nigeria As Citizens Japa In Search Of Greener Pastures by Kapeter(m): 9:35am On Oct 29, 2023
Ozommadu:
I told dipo the twitter ethnic bigot who supported ebola government to come back to Nigeria and enjoy the failure he supported.

The we.rey blocked me angry
He has the right to live wherever he wish. The obidunce wey Dey support una satanic messiah from Canada nko. They should come home and help him look for his lost manhood now. Ode

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Foreigners Troop To Nigeria As Citizens Japa In Search Of Greener Pastures by idealogical: 9:52am On Oct 29, 2023
Lebanese folks teach classes in Lebanon on how to enter Nigeria, start a business, and make money, folks from other countries are looking at the vast opportunities in Nigeria and they are rushing to Nigeria to tap the opportunities and make money while some blind and out of focus Nigerian cry and moan about Lebanese people and other foreigners are taking over in Nigeria.

Foreigners see the business opportunities that Nigerians don't' see opportunities in Nigeria.

The Japa people are free to Japa, but the hard work and taxes they don't want to work and pay in Nigeria, they always do it 10 X just to survive abroad and at the end of the day, they end up sending money to Nigeria to keep Nigeria going.

Last year alone, Japa people sent over $21 Billion to Nigeria, they are a top source of revenue for Nigeria.

Basically, if you don't feel like staying in Nigeria to better Nigeria, japa and send your japa money to Nigeria, it's a win win situation for Nigeria.

Some Nigerians are worth more to Nigeria when they japa than to be here in Nigeria, unproductive, wailing and attacking Nigeria for their own failures and inability to apply themselves.

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Foreigners Troop To Nigeria As Citizens Japa In Search Of Greener Pastures by WeirdAlien: 10:03am On Oct 29, 2023
Nonsense!

No sane international businessman will come to Nigeria unless they're ready to get themselves dirty with our level of corruption. That's why Indians, Lebanese and Chinese are the only striving foreigners, because they know how to get their money out quickly - and our money too!

Imagine a foreign investor who had $1m equivalent in Naira, and just overnight, Naira crashed and that $1m turned to $500k equivalent - no war, no natural disaster - just govt policy. Naira is too unstable and highly risky to invest in. Floating it makes it even extra unstable.
That's not to mention the high cost of doing business due to lack of infrastructure, insecurity and the amount of bribery you have to do before you commence business.

Let's stop deceiving ourselves.

33 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Foreigners Troop To Nigeria As Citizens Japa In Search Of Greener Pastures by Ozommadu: 10:08am On Oct 29, 2023
Kapeter:
He has the right to live wherever he wish. The obidunce wey Dey support una satanic messiah from Canada nko. They should come home and help him look for his lost manhood now. Ode

Agbado people are ill mannered, I ain't surprised

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Foreigners Troop To Nigeria As Citizens Japa In Search Of Greener Pastures by MRSALT: 10:23am On Oct 29, 2023
These foreigners have the same privileges as Nigeria rich men and politicians. That is their attraction to Nigeria. Most of them come to Nigeria where they can bully Nigerians and be protected against arrest and trials. They live like kings and feudal Lords. They live in places where basic amenities are readily available. They are paid in dollars and other high currencies. Their jobs are fully guaranteed and entitlements fully paid at due times. All these privileges are denied to common men in Nigeria. As these continues, educated Nigerians will continue to Japa until, Nigeria politicians will employ cooks from India and then, they will start to value the common men in Nigeria.

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Foreigners Troop To Nigeria As Citizens Japa In Search Of Greener Pastures by WeirdAlien: 10:30am On Oct 29, 2023
jumper524:

Says someone who has never left the country.

You forget that when that japa guy sends home just £500, that's ₦700,000. A minimum wage earner in UK (unmarried) can save that.

17 Likes

Re: Foreigners Troop To Nigeria As Citizens Japa In Search Of Greener Pastures by NaMe4: 10:40am On Oct 29, 2023
As mentioned in the write-up, take a look at the sectors attracting the foreign nationals. These are the sectors Nigerians tend to exclude and block one another from, irrespective of merit.
But in other countries, far more developed and advanced, Nigerians get such opportunities based on merit and capabilities.

So as long as a good number of Nigerians embrace this stinky culture of greed, selfishness, nepotism and corruption, this trend would continue.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Foreigners Troop To Nigeria As Citizens Japa In Search Of Greener Pastures by BrighterSyde: 11:07am On Oct 29, 2023
jumper524:

And multinational companies are folding up while still thriving in other countries. Don’t you have common sense or apc is paying you to think without your brain?

Anyway on the brighter side there is no place like home 😊

5 Likes

Re: Foreigners Troop To Nigeria As Citizens Japa In Search Of Greener Pastures by BreconHills(m): 11:51am On Oct 29, 2023
DSS1335:
These foreigners sure no pass Lebanese immigrant. They are everywhere especially here in PH. These guys takes advantages of the weak and corrupt system in Nigeria to make it big. They pay their employee an average minimum wage of N480,000 equivalent of their Lebanese-Lira to their nationals, in Nigeria, they lord over their employee and pay them an amount less than 50k amount. How won't them continue to progress?

Nobody can tell me anything abeg...i am making concerted efforts to send my children to UK where my younger brother lives for over 6 years once they are done with their secondary schooling. Nigerian is so messed up right from the leadership down to their citizenry. There is no hope for this country when the likes of Wike who heavily rigged the last election in the full glare of the public is compensated with the post of a minister.

Until this country get it right by ensuring all corrupt elements including the politicians, the judiciaries, pastors, yahoo boys, civilians, militaries are given the ekweremadu's treatment. In fact kill all bloody corrupt personalities to restore the sanity of this great country! Until then Japa is the only way out

What did you study?
Re: Foreigners Troop To Nigeria As Citizens Japa In Search Of Greener Pastures by CedarHoldings: 12:10pm On Oct 29, 2023
Pls o have never been to the airport recently during this japa thing,the picture there are those people travelling with airplane or what.
Re: Foreigners Troop To Nigeria As Citizens Japa In Search Of Greener Pastures by Rahkman: 1:07pm On Oct 29, 2023
Before tinubu finish his tenure most yorubas would have sold their entire lands and houses to igbos and flee to the UK later them go dey shout igbos are buying our lands grin grin grin

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Foreigners Troop To Nigeria As Citizens Japa In Search Of Greener Pastures by PARADIZEPRIEST: 3:42pm On Oct 29, 2023
these are stray people that never wished Nigeria well, the country is vomiting all those haters outside its lands. angry
IS UNIVERSAL LAW.IF YOU WISH A COUNTRY YOU RESIDE WELL AS YOU STAND ON ITS SOIL,IT WILL BE WELL WITH YOU,BUT YOU DO THE OPPOSITE ,YOU FACE THE KARMIC CONSEQUENCES LIKE THIS. angry

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Foreigners Troop To Nigeria As Citizens Japa In Search Of Greener Pastures by PARADIZEPRIEST: 3:43pm On Oct 29, 2023
PARADIZEPRIEST:
these are stray people that never wished Nigeria well, the country is vomiting all those haters outside its lands. angry
IS UNIVERSAL LAW.IF YOU WISH A COUNTRY YOU RESIDE WELL AS YOU STAND ON ITS SOIL,IT WILL BE WELL WITH YOU,BUT YOU DO THE OPPOSITE ,YOU FACE THE KARMIC CONSEQUENCES LIKE THIS. angry
Re: Foreigners Troop To Nigeria As Citizens Japa In Search Of Greener Pastures by CoronaVirusPro: 7:17pm On Oct 30, 2023
If you are earning in USD and living in Nigeria, you are the most opportune human on Earth!

Money and lawlessness is so sweet!

You can do whatever with nobody coughing! You can shoot someone dead in a market square and use money to bury the case, At most, compensate family of the victim! They will jump at few millions!

Foreigners are coming to exploit that lawlessness!

When you wealthy, you will get to realize Nigeria is the best place to be!

7 Likes

Re: Foreigners Troop To Nigeria As Citizens Japa In Search Of Greener Pastures by onumadu: 7:20pm On Oct 30, 2023
Findings by Daily Trust on Sunday indicate that many foreigners from China, India, Lebanon, United Kingdom, among others, have also found Nigerians as home,

Yea, same group also found Congo DR home too.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Foreigners Troop To Nigeria As Citizens Japa In Search Of Greener Pastures by EKONGKING: 7:22pm On Oct 30, 2023
Never trust Indians, Chinese coming to Africa ,they are scums of highest order .

Most talented of these people go to oyinbo land.

Next most talented of these people stay in their own respective countries .

The worst of the worst of these people will travel to Africa ,to loot either in form of resources or get paid in dollars .

Last batch of people, dont even earn 30 percent of the income they earn in Nigeria in their respective countries and by bonus lord over Nigerians . while the same people are treated as shit by their own people .

So why wont Chinese and Indians come to Nigeria .

13 Likes

Re: Foreigners Troop To Nigeria As Citizens Japa In Search Of Greener Pastures by Aust1n(m): 9:19pm On Oct 30, 2023
Re: Foreigners Troop To Nigeria As Citizens Japa In Search Of Greener Pastures by Karleb(m): 9:19pm On Oct 30, 2023
grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Accident Along Umuahia Road (Pictured) / World War II Plane Crashes In US Airport, Kills At Least 7 Persons / 4 Airplane Facts That Can Cure Any Fear Of Flying

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.