Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,511 members, 7,819,847 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:09 AM

I Beg Help My Dog Has Mange - Pets (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / I Beg Help My Dog Has Mange (5097 Views)

My Boerboel Dog Has 8 Breast Teats For 10 Puppies / My Dog Has Refused To Eat Because We Travelled / Pls Help My New Dog Has Refused To Eat, Play Or Do Any Thing. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Beg Help My Dog Has Mange by samnaija: 10:01am On Jul 19, 2019
Today

1 Like

Re: I Beg Help My Dog Has Mange by samnaija: 10:02am On Jul 19, 2019
More

1 Like

Re: I Beg Help My Dog Has Mange by IamAnderson(m): 10:04am On Jul 19, 2019
samnaija:

I would love to. But I have to monitor the feeding pattern of my dog. He was not eating much before . But now his appetite is back .
bro mange is caused by mites and I suspect the reason why the mange is recurring is because they are already everywhere the dog stays in your house.
even if it clears they'll still come back until you kill them all finally.
use that amitraz to mop everywhere your dog usually stays to avoid it coming back.
remember to chain the dog somewhere while you do this so he won't be tempted to lick the chemical.
I've had this same problem with one of my previous dogs, the dog was an inside dog that had a very stubborn mange problem that didn't go no matter how I tried.
the only way I stopped it was to wash place the dog stays(both my clothes and bedsheets) and mop the whole house with amitraz.
after that the tick, fleas and mange problems stopped wink
Re: I Beg Help My Dog Has Mange by samnaija: 10:10am On Jul 19, 2019
IamAnderson:

bro mange is caused by mites and I suspect the reason why the mange is recurring is because they are already everywhere the dog stays in your house.
even if it clears they'll still come back until you kill them all finally.
use that amitraz to mop everywhere your dog usually stays to avoid it coming back.
remember to chain the dog somewhere while you do this so he won't be tempted to lick the chemical.
I've had this same problem with one of my previous dogs, the dog was an inside dog that had a very stubborn mange problem that didn't go no matter how I tried.
the only way I stopped it was to wash place the dog stays(both my clothes and bedsheets) and mop the whole house with amitraz.
after that the tick, fleas and mange problems stopped wink

Thanks for all the advice . Will continue after the weekend. Make the dog chop small. That stuff is strong. He loses his voice when I bathe him with it cannot bark for 5 minutes. Will continue boss. Thanks really appreciate.
Re: I Beg Help My Dog Has Mange by IamAnderson(m): 11:10am On Jul 19, 2019
samnaija:

Thanks for all the advice . Will continue after the weekend. Make the dog chop small. That stuff is strong. He loses his voice when I bathe him with it cannot bark for 5 minutes. Will continue boss. Thanks really appreciate.
are you sure you're using the correct quantity? and you aren't meant to use it daily
Re: I Beg Help My Dog Has Mange by samnaija: 4:10pm On Jul 19, 2019
IamAnderson:

are you sure you're using the correct quantity? and you aren't meant to use it daily
I use it every day a small quantity in half a bucket of water. Then bathe him with it I also use it to clean my dogs living area.
Re: I Beg Help My Dog Has Mange by IamAnderson(m): 6:32pm On Jul 19, 2019
samnaija:

I use it every day a small quantity in half a bucket of water. Then bathe him with it I also use it to clean my dogs living area.
everyday is too much bro,the chemical is strong, especially for a puppy.
try spacing out the days please, maybe wait a day before you use

1 Like

Re: I Beg Help My Dog Has Mange by samnaija: 3:14pm On Aug 01, 2019
Guys thanks for all the solid advice from everyone...just an update on my dog close 3 weeks plus.

Re: I Beg Help My Dog Has Mange by samnaija: 3:15pm On Aug 01, 2019
More

Re: I Beg Help My Dog Has Mange by samnaija: 3:17pm On Aug 01, 2019
The amitraz and spray worked well.
I am currently using only coconut oil now. I have also stopped the izal and palmoil .
Re: I Beg Help My Dog Has Mange by IamAnderson(m): 3:17pm On Aug 01, 2019
samnaija:
Guys thanks for all the solid advice from everyone...just an update on my dog close 3 weeks plus.
wow the mange is gone grin
now just keep on bathing the dog once a week with the chemical for prevention
Re: I Beg Help My Dog Has Mange by samnaija: 3:22pm On Aug 01, 2019
IamAnderson:

wow the mange is gone grin
now just keep on bathing the dog once a week with the chemical for prevention

My boss thanks . Will do just that..
Re: I Beg Help My Dog Has Mange by Nicolex(f): 11:13am On Aug 04, 2019
Please i need help with my bitch,she is an alsatian,she is 5years old and she has vaginitis,it started after she was on heat,we gave her antibiotics and it stopped but now its back again,any home remedies pls? cryPlease i need help with my bitch,she is an alsatian,she is 5years old and she has vaginitis,it started after she was on heat,we gave her antibiotics and it stopped but now its back again,any home remedies or drug i can use?
Re: I Beg Help My Dog Has Mange by IamAnderson(m): 1:07pm On Aug 04, 2019
Nicolex:
Please i need help with my bitch,she is an alsatian,she is 5years old and she has vaginitis,it started after she was on heat,we gave her antibiotics and it stopped but now its back again,any home remedies pls? cryPlease i need help with my bitch,she is an alsatian,she is 5years old and she has vaginitis,it started after she was on heat,we gave her antibiotics and it stopped but now its back again,any home remedies or drug i can use?
did you make sure it cleared before you stopped administering antibiotics?
Re: I Beg Help My Dog Has Mange by Nicolex(f): 1:11pm On Aug 04, 2019
IamAnderson:

did you make sure it cleared before you stopped administering antibiotics?
Yeah,i did.it looked perfectly fine until now
Re: I Beg Help My Dog Has Mange by PETSHOPPLUS: 7:19am On Feb 09, 2020
It is important to understand that many things, apart from Mange/mite can cause hair loss in a dog.
Examples include: Food allergy, flea alergy dermatitis, hypersensitivity/autoimmune conditions, infections (bacterial, fungal etc), endochrine issues etc.

I recommend you work with a good vet so as to have an accurate diagnoses. Now if your dog is accurately diagnosed with mange, here is an effective treatment that not only kills mange/mite but also kills Ticks and Fleas for 3 months. It is a chewable table given as a treat.

It is called Bravecto: https://petsmartnigeria.com/product/bravecto-chews-dogs/

You can chat with us on WhatsApp if you have questions: 08124003280

Re: I Beg Help My Dog Has Mange by Godfrey6865: 8:46pm On Sep 20, 2022
My boerboel puppy is having this demodex mange. Please I need advice on what to do.

Re: I Beg Help My Dog Has Mange by ZombieSlayer1: 10:13pm On Sep 20, 2022
wolewolsz:
Bro, use izal and palm oil on the affected area. It sounds absurd and stuff, but it’s what have been using for my dogs over the years and it has never failed me!!!
OP use this guy's method.
My caucasian suffered in the hands of mange. I used amitraz but the mange kept coming back.

Bath the dog with izal (you can also add a cover-full (the small over of the amitraz bottle) to the bath water and bath the dog, then apply palm oil on the mange sores. The palm oil will dry up the mange sores in 2days and the water mixture will kill the remaining mange
Re: I Beg Help My Dog Has Mange by ZombieSlayer1: 10:17pm On Sep 20, 2022
Godfrey6865:
My boerboel puppy is having this demodex mange. Please I need advice on what to do.
Check my remedy above
Re: I Beg Help My Dog Has Mange by Godfrey6865: 10:38pm On Sep 20, 2022
Are you talking about the izal and palm oil mixture?

(1) (2) (Reply)

See The Birds That Pirtchs On My Window Every Morning (photo) / Just Got This Dog Today. / How To Know If Your Dog Is Pregnant?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.