Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,734 members, 7,827,696 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 03:21 PM

Nigeria’s Internet Download Speed Ranks The Slowest In The World. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Nigeria’s Internet Download Speed Ranks The Slowest In The World. (1144 Views)

Nigeria Ranks 44 Globally With Largest Penis Size Of Men / Nigeria Ranks Top Users On Grindr, A Gay Dating App / This Penis Enlargement Tutorial Ranks The Best Natural Remedy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria’s Internet Download Speed Ranks The Slowest In The World. by Nobody: 7:07pm On Jul 08, 2019
NL_NATION

Nigeria’s internet download speed as gone from bad to worse as a report from the UK-based price comparison website, Cable , revealed that the country’s internet download speed is one of the slowest in the world.

According to the report, Nigeria internet download speed is ranked 176th of 207 countries measured globally. The report further shows that it takes an average of over 7 minutes (7:18) to download an HD movie of 5GB in Nigeria. This means that Nigeria’s internet download speed has deteriorated in the past two years from 95th in 2017 to 176th in 2019.

Top ten countries : Taiwan has the fastest internet download speed in the world. In Taiwan, an HD movie of 5GB takes 8:02 seconds to download. According to the report, the economy of Taiwan relies heavily on digital infrastructure, while the country itself occupies a relatively small space compared to many others. Taiwan was ranked 3rd in 2017 and moved first in 2019.

It was however revealed that smaller countries have the advantage of the relative ease of delivering the high-speed connection. Other countries in the top ten fastest internet download speed for an HD movie of 5GB include:

• 1st Taiwan – 8.02 seconds
• 2nd Singapore – 9.38 seconds
• 3rd Jersey – 10.07 seconds
• 4th Sweden – 12.22 seconds
• 5th Denmark – 13.53 seconds
• 6th Japan – 15.58 seconds
• 7th Luxembourg – 16.23 seconds
• 8th Netherlands – 16.59 seconds
• 9th Switzerland – 17.34 seconds
• 10th Norway – 17.45 seconds

Top 10 slowest internet download speed:

Yemen records the slowest internet mobile download in the world. It takes an average of 30 minutes for internet users in Yemen to download an HD movie of 5GB. Other countries in the top ten slowest internet download speed for an HD movie of 5GB include:

• 198th Djibouti – 12.53 minutes
• 199th São Tomé and Príncipe – 13.08 minutes
• 200th Somalia – 13.17 minutes
• 201st Ethiopia – 14.10 minutes
• 202nd Niger – 16.05 minutes
• 203rd Turkmenistan – 16:10 minutes
• 204th Mauritania – 19:22 minutes
• 205th Equatorial Guinea – 22:22 minutes
• 206th DR of Timor-Leste – 25:24 minutes
• 207th Yemen – 30:01 minutes

NM
Re: Nigeria’s Internet Download Speed Ranks The Slowest In The World. by Emarvel(m): 7:46pm On Jul 08, 2019
No hope for 9ja again

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria’s Internet Download Speed Ranks The Slowest In The World. by SalafRider(m): 8:12pm On Jul 08, 2019
Ah swear, Glo for my area sef sometimes snail wey de do yanga for road fast past am. I fit click Nairaland go bath come back the page still de load e tire me...

5 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Internet Download Speed Ranks The Slowest In The World. by Emarvel(m): 8:20pm On Jul 08, 2019
SalafRider:
Ah swear, Glo for my area sef sometimes snail wey de do yanga for road fast past am. I fit click Nairaland go bath come back the page still de load e tire me...
Lol....... Na glo suppose be everywhere you go bcuz anywhere you enter,glo dey always get issue grin grin grin

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria’s Internet Download Speed Ranks The Slowest In The World. by Emarvel(m): 8:22pm On Jul 08, 2019
Mod (Lalasticlala) please push this to the right thread, nothing concern network concern Romance
Re: Nigeria’s Internet Download Speed Ranks The Slowest In The World. by donvicky2007: 8:26pm On Jul 08, 2019
That's not a news anymore, we all know that. Other nations are talking of 5G network, we are yet to stabilize our 3G.
Re: Nigeria’s Internet Download Speed Ranks The Slowest In The World. by StrikeBack(m): 8:29pm On Jul 08, 2019
embarassed tongue
Re: Nigeria’s Internet Download Speed Ranks The Slowest In The World. by Tombrown3(m): 8:49pm On Jul 08, 2019
How true is this research?

8 seconds for 5gb of HD movie?
Na 1gb for a second, hmmm

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Internet Download Speed Ranks The Slowest In The World. by Emarvel(m): 8:51pm On Jul 08, 2019
Tombrown3:
How true is this research?

8 seconds for 5gb of HD movie?
Na 1gb for a second, hmmm
Lets talk about 9ja, how many hours will it take you to download a movie of 5gb?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria’s Internet Download Speed Ranks The Slowest In The World. by SalafRider(m): 11:14pm On Jul 08, 2019
Emarvel:

Lol....... Na glo suppose be everywhere you go bcuz anywhere you enter,glo dey always get issue grin grin grin

Ah tell you

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Internet Download Speed Ranks The Slowest In The World. by Nobody: 12:13am On Jul 09, 2019
Everything good na em we de carry last.
The bad ones na first we de get.

Meanwhile.....

I think MTN is the worse network in 9ja at the moment interms of browsing. Even poor glo is now better than MTN.

Naso them frustrate my life so teh I go find Etisalat SIM card slot for my sim two. Me weh no like to use two SIMs.

The situation is much, much better now. At least I de enjoy my browsing now.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Internet Download Speed Ranks The Slowest In The World. by Emarvel(m): 8:56am On Jul 09, 2019
ladiesreject:
Everything good na em we de carry last.
The bad ones na first we de get.

Meanwhile.....

I think MTN is the worse network in 9ja at the moment interms of browsing. Even poor glo is now better than MTN.

Naso them frustrate my life so teh I go find Etisalat SIM card slot for my sim two. Me weh no like to use two SIMs.

The situation is much, much better now. At least I de enjoy my browsing now.

Lol...... Me dey wonder how 9ja take pass some countries for that list, that means those countries na no go area .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria’s Internet Download Speed Ranks The Slowest In The World. by Tombrown3(m): 9:48am On Jul 09, 2019
Emarvel:

Lets talk about 9ja, how many hours will it take you to download a movie of 5gb?

With the speed am getting here, might be a century oo.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria’s Internet Download Speed Ranks The Slowest In The World. by Emarvel(m): 2:15pm On Jul 09, 2019
Tombrown3:

With the speed am getting here, might be a century oo.
Lol grin grin grin
Re: Nigeria’s Internet Download Speed Ranks The Slowest In The World. by ubunja(m): 2:17pm On Jul 09, 2019
SalafRider:
lmfao cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Internet Download Speed Ranks The Slowest In The World. by Ekez(m): 6:01pm On Jul 09, 2019
Can anything good come out of naija?
Re: Nigeria’s Internet Download Speed Ranks The Slowest In The World. by Deepfeel(m): 6:20pm On Jul 09, 2019
It takes more than 7 minutes, with glo
Re: Nigeria’s Internet Download Speed Ranks The Slowest In The World. by Emarvel(m): 8:45pm On Jul 09, 2019
Ekez:
Can anything good come out of naija?
grin grin grin
Nobody is even supporting Nigeria
Re: Nigeria’s Internet Download Speed Ranks The Slowest In The World. by Nobody: 8:49pm On Jul 09, 2019
Deepfeel:
It takes more than 7 minutes, with glo

A 5gb file??

(1) (Reply)

Pic:i Asked Our Viewers On Whatsapp This Twitter Slangs Means / Scammed / Eddie Murphy's Dad Was Stabbed To Death By A Jealous Woman ......

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.