Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,171 members, 7,825,658 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 08:05 PM

Benin Versus London - How Times Have Changed. - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Benin Versus London - How Times Have Changed. (8408 Views)

If Peter Obi Was Sworn In, What Would Have Changed? / Pantami: "I Have Changed Several Positions Taken In The Past" / Jubril: Official Microsoft Website Buhari Palm Fingerprints Have Changed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Benin Versus London - How Times Have Changed. by Nobody: 9:58am On Jul 09, 2019
seunmsg:

Because Ife is the source of mankind. Yoruba, Igbo, Edo, etc all lived in Ile Ife before they migrated to found different kingdoms. Benin was in chaos after the fall of the Ogiso dynasty. They needed a blue blood to restore normalcy and it was only logical that they asked the Ife royalty to send a prince to rule the city. In those days, there was no silly and egoistic war of tribes like we have today.
you do know that pre Benin ogiso history didn't even acknowledge Ile Ife? Benin historical account of the world is older than the biblical.

That's why Benin respect the oba so much because we see him as human representative of God in human form on earth.

Benin wouldn't have asked for a king because the oba can only be from a single bloodline. From the first ogiso to the present oba ewuare the 2nd.

Benin didn't ask Yoruba for a king, we came there to take back our king that was banished.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Benin Versus London - How Times Have Changed. by Sapiosexuality(m): 10:02am On Jul 09, 2019
Igbobyblood:
how do you want Bini to agree with us when you call them names online, insult their cultural leaders.

An average Bini person don't like Nigeria seff, we see Nigeria as a country drawing us backward so don't think Bini are among the people enjoying ""one Nigeria".

I dare you to list any meaningful thing Edo people has again from Nigeria, nothing. Not even federal jobs or political position.

But when some ipob miscreants start insulting the Bini people, you don't expect them to side with igbos after the insults
This wasn't my question and it was address to Rossiki
Re: Benin Versus London - How Times Have Changed. by IamAtikulate: 10:07am On Jul 09, 2019
Igbobyblood:
only I understand, there are many people that claim Edo origin.

There's is this Benin social group, they will release a map of all people that claim Benin ancestry on the 20th if this month. I know it will cause many insults to the Bini's but the truth can't be hidden.

They even visited degema people in river state, their king welcome them and say degema are from Edo. The problem is these degema people dresses like the ijaw and have eze as king title.

I love what the present oba is doing, trying to unite them into a common front.

But the main problems are the uniformed Igbos grin, they will call us land grabbers and Yoruba slaves
That is where we always have problem, IPOB is not Igbo and Igbo is not IPOB.

IPOB is not perfect but they represent something to us.

Attack the ignorant Igbos and leave IPOB. Lol, I don't think any Igbo man sincerely believe that Bini are yoruba slaves unless few trolling ones.

We know Oduduwa as progenitor of Yoruba people and many of know him as a banished Bini prince. Almost all of us sees Lagos as bini land while some see it as Awori land.

But we all believe that Oba of Lagos are Bini princes.

A prince cannot be a slave to his subjects. Release your map, Niger Delta Republic released theirs and we were happy with them and since then, we have discounted them from Biafra.

The option open to them now is one of choice.

1 Like

Re: Benin Versus London - How Times Have Changed. by TheExecutioner: 10:20am On Jul 09, 2019
So that they can restolen and sold for a huge sum on the international black market?

kayusely70:
When are the europeans returning the stolen benin bronze art?
Re: Benin Versus London - How Times Have Changed. by TheExecutioner: 10:21am On Jul 09, 2019
IamAtikulate:

Attack the ignorant Igbos and leave IPOB. Lol, I don't think any Igbo man sincerely believe that Bini are yoruba slaves unless few trolling ones.

We know Oduduwa as progenitor of Yoruba people and many of know him as a banished Bini prince. Almost all of us sees Lagos as bini land while some see it as Awori land.

A prince cannot be a slave to his subjects. Release your map, Niger Delta Republic released theirs and we were happy with them and since then, we have discounted them from Biafra.

Re: Benin Versus London - How Times Have Changed. by blackpanda: 11:12am On Jul 09, 2019
seunmsg:

Let them return what they stole from us first. If we decide to steal the artifacts and sell back to them, that’s understandable. It would be that we sold what belong to us. As it stands now, we never gave them those artifacts and we sold it to them. They should return what they stole.

Nobody has time for your back n forth. oYIBO will rather not bother
Re: Benin Versus London - How Times Have Changed. by Amujale(m): 12:06pm On Jul 09, 2019
onez:
I'm becoming more confident that yoruba Obas have their ancestry from Benin kingdom. They may be probably renegades from Benin Royal family. I wish a DNA study can be done on it.
'

Benin have much of their ancestry from Yoruba. During the time Op depicts is when Benin is a major power. During those times, Benin was arguably one of the more influential powers in West Africa.

All the recent studies suggest that Yoruba is a major influence on the Benin Empire.

1 Like

Re: Benin Versus London - How Times Have Changed. by Amujale(m): 12:10pm On Jul 09, 2019
seunmsg:

Let them return what they stole from us first. If we decide to steal the artifacts and sell back to them, that’s understandable. It would be that we sold what belong to us. As it stands now, we never gave them those artifacts and we sold it to them. They should return what they stole.

I agree, not only are these artefacts of philosophical interest, they are of historical interest as well.

Most of these artefacts tell their own unique stories that can only be really interpreted by local scholars.

They have zero use inside any of the many museum or scientific reliefs that are out there.

The Brazilian government are claiming back most of their artefacts, our government should follow suit.
Re: Benin Versus London - How Times Have Changed. by Amujale(m): 12:21pm On Jul 09, 2019
Igbobyblood:
...Benin historical account of the world is older than the biblical....

As is all of African History. i.e Yoruba, Ibo, Hausa, Ashante, Mande, Mali, Zimbabwe, Ethopia e.t.c

African history predates both Asian and European versions
Re: Benin Versus London - How Times Have Changed. by TAO11(f): 12:51pm On Jul 09, 2019
onez:
I'm becoming more confident that yoruba Obas have their ancestry from Benin kingdom. They may be probably renegades from Benin Royal family. I wish a DNA study can be done on it.

Benin e-warriors are here again to lie about Yoruba even when that's obviously off the thread's topic. I guess you guys see Yorubas in your dreams.

Anyways, we Yorubas know that the FIRST Oba of Benin is Oranmiyan from Ile-Ife.

Listen to Oba Ewuare 2 confirming same in the video below from time 13:22 to time 13:41 :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zXvXupQwaz0

Furthermore, the kings in ancient Benin Kingdom pay homage to Ile-Ife.

Omo N'Oba Erediauwa confirms this in one of his Benin-centric publications (even though he didn't realize it).

In his May 2004 publication entitled The Benin-Ife Connection, Omo N'Oba Erediauwa confirms that the Ooni of Ife was known in ancient Benin Kingdom as OGHENE.

I challenge any Bini here to tell everyone the meaning of Oghene in simple straight-forward English. grin

The meaning gives a clear idea of how GREAT the Ooni of Ife was perceived from Benin.

Similarly, experts and scholars of "Ife-Benin Relationship" at the British Museum also confirm the same.

The BBC/British Museum documentary below clearly and emphatically states from time 47:16 to time 49:00 that the kings of Benin kingdom paid homage to Ile-Ife:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oQY_Jd--pwI&t=2070s

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Benin Versus London - How Times Have Changed. by TAO11(f): 1:08pm On Jul 09, 2019
IamAtikulate:

It is TRUE that a certain Bini prince Ekaladerhan was banished from Benin. But it is BLATANTLY FALSE that he ever became king in Ile-Ife or any Yoruba land for that matter.

How do historians know this?

The first and earliest indigenous documented history of Benin kingdom (prior to which nothing was documented of the history of Benin kingdom by an Edo historian) emerged since 1933.

The account specifically mentions where the prince Ekaladerhan was banished to. It says:

"... EKALADERHAN, who would have succeeded him (i.e. succeeded his father Ogiso Owodo as king) had earlier been exiled to UGHOTON*; and although every attempt was made to persuade him to return to Benin after his father's banishment, EKALADERHAN REFUSED TO LEAVE UGHOTON WHERE HE EVENTUALLY DIED."

* Please note that UGHOTON is to the South of Benin kingdom, while Ile-Ife is to the North-West of Benin kingdom. These are obviously two clearly distinct and entirely different places and directions.

[Refer to: A Short History of Benin (1968) cited in "The Origin of The Eweka Dynasty of Benin: A Study In the Use and Abuse Of Oral Traditions", Journal of the Historical Society of Nigeria, Vol. 8, No. 3 (December 1976), pp. 22.]

So, whoever subscribes to the pseudo-historical and "apocryphal" narrative that the Benin prince ruled as king in Ile-Ife really has a burden of proof of one of the following two things:

(1) They would have to cite an account which is contrary to and also earlier than the above cited earliest indigenous account of where Ekaladerhan had died.

In other words, the contrary account must also be earlier than the earliest indigenous account which appeared first in 1933.

(2) Or they would have to accept the earliest indigenous historical account of Benin [that Ekaladerhan had died in Ughoton (Gwatto)], and then demostrate how and when he resurrected from the dead at Ughoton to become king elsewhere.

Regarding, the question of Lagos Island being FOUNDED by the BINIs and not the AWORIs; please, I beg you in the name of whatever you believe in, cite me ONE -- JUST ONE -- HISTORICAL ACCOUNT that disagrees with the historical fact that Lagos Island was FOUNDED by the AWORIs. Thanks!

And lastly, regarding the question of the Kings of Lagos
Island being Bini princes:

Yes, I agree that when the Bini Navy invaded Lagos Island, they imposed their rule on the peaceful AWORI aboriginals.

But the imposition of the Bini patriarchal monarchy didn't survive more than FOUR kings from Bini paternal genealogy, after which the Yorubas took over till date.

If you dispute this, then name me one -- just one -- of the following kings of Lagos Island -- starting from the FIFTH king downwards -- whose paternal genealogy is BINI and not YORUBA.

Name me one, I'm waiting:

*. Ashipa (A regent representing the king of Benin in Lagos Island)

1. King Ado (The first king of Lagos Island)
2. King Gabaro
3. King Akinsemoyin
4. King Eletu Kekere

5. King Ologun Kutere
6. King Adele Ajosun
7. King Eshinlokun
8. King Idewu Ojulari
9. King Oluwole
10. King Akitoye
11. King Kosoko Morounfolu
12. King Dosumu
13. King Oyekan 1
14. King Eshugbayi
15. King Akitoye 2
16. King Olusi
17. King Falolu
18. King Adeniji Adele
19. King Oyekan 2
20. King Akiolu (The present king of Lagos Island)

Regards!

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Benin Versus London - How Times Have Changed. by Rossikk(m): 1:19pm On Jul 09, 2019
Frenchkiss564:

I hate it when people ask stupid question like where were the African gods when the white people were enslaving them but never asked where was yarweh when Adolf Hitler was killing 6 million of his chosen generation.

Don't mind them. Where is their christian oyibo god even now when there is so much inequality, oppression, and corruption all over the world? Or is he not supposed to be the one in control of everything as they claim? Their own oyibo trick is to say ''wait, he is coming soon. Just have faith...meanwhile, donate money to the church so that pastor can buy private jet while we wait for the lord to come.''

2 Likes

Re: Benin Versus London - How Times Have Changed. by Xisnin(m): 1:25pm On Jul 09, 2019
onez:
@bold, why not the other way around?
People from southern Nigeria are genetically related but the question of who came from whom
cannot be determined through DNA.

If you have a brother or sister, how will DNA determine who came from whom?

Mind you, the oldest human remains in Nigeria is found in Isarun, Ondo state
and the first Oba of Benin(Eweka I) is a grandson of Ile-Ife.

2 Likes

Re: Benin Versus London - How Times Have Changed. by budaatum: 1:25pm On Jul 09, 2019
Rossikk:

Stop typing through your anus. Nigeria has functional, secure museums, and the artefacts there are not stolen and sold. You wouldn't know this because you've never visited a Nigerian museum in your life.
Where?
Re: Benin Versus London - How Times Have Changed. by Rossikk(m): 1:25pm On Jul 09, 2019
ruggedtimi:
Nice one..Nollywood should look into making a well constructed movie about the ancient benin city.

They're too busy hating their past and worshiping their slave masters, by equating African religion with witchcraft and juju, and oyibo religion with 'truth' and 'salvation'. So they're not yet ready to do anything serious on Benin. Let them even leave it alone, before they go and trash it with their colonised heads.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Benin Versus London - How Times Have Changed. by Rossikk(m): 1:26pm On Jul 09, 2019
budaatum:

Where?

Google it!

1 Like

Re: Benin Versus London - How Times Have Changed. by budaatum: 1:33pm On Jul 09, 2019
Rossikk:

Google it!
Typical response when you don't have evidence for what you've claimed. Nigerian museums are a disgrace and only a person who has not seen better would call what we have "functional and secure"!

Museums are history. A Nigeria that does not value history would not value museums and this shows in the lack of quality museums in our nation.
Re: Benin Versus London - How Times Have Changed. by Rossikk(m): 1:42pm On Jul 09, 2019
Born2Breed:

This is a faceless forum,assumption is not wrong until the admin adds state of origin and religion before registration,we all will continue to assume.

BTW, if you are Moslem you may ask where was Allah when Muhammad was poisoned.

Or where was allah when USA was invading Iraq and slaughtering a million muslims based on lies about non-existent weapons of mass destruction?

Where was allah when Obama and Hillary Clinton invaded Libya and toppled Gadaffi, leading to the destruction of that country?

1 Like

Re: Benin Versus London - How Times Have Changed. by Rossikk(m): 1:49pm On Jul 09, 2019
budaatum:

Typical response when you don't have evidence for what you've claimed.

No. Google it means Google it. The information is on Google. It is not my job to list the museums in Nigeria for you. It is YOUR JOB to find out.

Nigerian museums are a disgrace and only a person who has not seen better would call what we have "functional and secure"!

YOU are a disgrace. Name the Nigerian museums you've visited. Answer: ZERO. You did ask ''where are the museums''?? So how do you know what condition they're all in, if you don't even know where they are?

Museums are history. A Nigeria that does not value history would not value museums and this shows in the lack of quality museums in our nation.

WE HAVE QUALITY MUSEUMS IN NIGERIA.

YOU have visited NONE.
Re: Benin Versus London - How Times Have Changed. by budaatum: 2:02pm On Jul 09, 2019
Rossikk:

No. Google it means Google it. The information is on Google. It is not my job to list the museums in Nigeria for you. It is YOUR JOB to find out.

YOU are a disgrace. Name the Nigerian museums you've visited. Answer: ZERO. You did ask ''where''??

WE HAVE QUALITY MUSEUMS IN NIGERIA.

YOU have visited NONE.

I've been to the National Museum in Lagos. Imagine, Muritala Mohammed's shot up Merc in a National Museum and not the numerous artifacts that could have been in it! I've been to the wonderful Badagry Slave Museum. Good on content, functional too, but hardly secure or quality. And I've been to the National Museum in Ile Ife, which, considering what should be in it is relatively devoid of content.

I think it's you who haven't been to museums. If you had you would say so and not just resort to insults once cornered.

1 Like

Re: Benin Versus London - How Times Have Changed. by budaatum: 2:04pm On Jul 09, 2019
Rossikk:

YOU are a disgrace. Name the Nigerian museums you've visited. Answer: ZERO. You did ask ''where are the museums''?? So how do you know what condition they're all in, if you don't even know where they are?
I asked to get an idea of what "quality, functional and secure" meant to you.
Re: Benin Versus London - How Times Have Changed. by Rossikk(m): 2:10pm On Jul 09, 2019
Sapiosexuality:
True. History is often a fable agreed upon. But Rossiki why do you see nothing wrong in the existence of Nigeria? If we were better off individually until some monsters forcefully joined us, why do you have issues with people like IPOB and other secessionist groups trying to strike down the western Creation?

It's simple. Because of the potential of Nigeria, which I doubt even the colonisers envisaged. One example. Do you realise that Nigeria is projected to become the world's 3rd most populous nation on earth after China and India by the year 2050? I mean, that is incredible right there in terms of the massive investment that will be attracted to this country from all over the world.

Plus politically, in today's world, size matters a lot, and gives you a greater chance of REAL independence, as a developing country. Who can bully China or India today, or tell them what to do?

Plus we are becoming very influential as a nation. Look at how Nigeria is dominating Africa culturally, in music and film, and fashion. Even our pidgin English is being imitated all over the world by people transfixed by Nigerian culture as propagated by Nollywood, and artistes from Davido to Wizkid. Go to New York and London now. They're playing Nigerian music on a daily basis in clubs and on the radio, an unheard of situation just 5 years ago.

Nigeria is a great country. Many Africans cannot stand Nigerians. Our potential intimidates them.

We need to find a way to unite as a nation and move forward. Our differences are negligible when set against our massive potential. Breaking up into tiny, inconsequential 'Sierra Leones', 'Togos', and 'Liberias' is a backward step. We are Africans. We can find a way.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Benin Versus London - How Times Have Changed. by Nobody: 2:10pm On Jul 09, 2019
The white love Benin history and artifacts even more than the Edo people.

The present generation of Edo needs to wake up and be dominant in scheme of things, it's in their blood.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Benin Versus London - How Times Have Changed. by budaatum: 2:16pm On Jul 09, 2019
Please add the explosive potential of our young population. 42.54% currently between the ages of 0–14 who would grow up smarter than their parents!

Rossikk:

It's simple. Because of the potential of Nigeria, which I doubt even the colonisers envisaged. One example. Do you realise that Nigeria is projected to become the world's 3rd most populous nation on earth after China and India by the year 2050? I mean, that is incredible right there in terms of the massive investment that will be attracted to this country from all over the world.

Plus politically, in today's world, size matters a lot, and gives you great influence as a nation. Look at how Nigeria is dominating Africa culturally, in music and film, and fashion. Even our pidgin English is being imitated all over the world by people transfixed by Nigerian culture as propagated by Nollywood, and artistes from to Davido to Wizkid.

Nigeria is a great country. Many Africans cannot stand Nigerians. Our potential intimidates them.

We need to find a way to unite as a nation and move forward. Breaking up into little, inconsequential 'Sierra Leones', 'Togos', and 'Liberias' is a backward step. We are all Africans. We can do it.
Re: Benin Versus London - How Times Have Changed. by 1Sharon(f): 2:23pm On Jul 09, 2019
Igbobyblood:
Benin people were never taken as slaves. Never

Interesting. But they were the first to interact with the foreigners
Re: Benin Versus London - How Times Have Changed. by Rossikk(m): 2:26pm On Jul 09, 2019
budaatum:
Please add the explosive potential of our young population. 42.54% currently between the ages of 0–14 who would grow up smarter than their parents!

Absolutely. Our young population are smart, bright, and technologically adept. I see them doing great things in the years ahead.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Benin Versus London - How Times Have Changed. by Nobody: 2:27pm On Jul 09, 2019
1Sharon:

Interesting. But they were the first to interact with the foreigners
yeah.

They supply us guns to win battles while we give them artifacts, palm oil , pepper.

During those days, the oba sent an ambassador to Portugal to Learn about Christianity, that was how Edo became the first west Africa to embrace Christianity, Christianity was never forced on us.

Till date urhobo and Benin chiefs attires have some Christian designs on it
Re: Benin Versus London - How Times Have Changed. by Rossikk(m): 2:33pm On Jul 09, 2019
budaatum:

I've been to the National Museum in Lagos. Imagine, Muritala Mohammed's shot up Merc in a National Museum and not the numerous artifacts that could have been in it! I've been to the wonderful Badagry Slave Museum. Good on content, functional too, but hardly secure or quality. And I've been to the National Museum in Ile Ife, which, considering what should be in it is relatively devoid of content.

I think it's you who haven't been to museums. If you had you would say so and not just resort to insults once cornered.

Stop projecting your ignorance unto me. You have very little experience of Nigerian museums if you've visited just those 3, NONE of which by the way, is ''a disgrace'' as you claimed.

Visit the National Museum in Benin City itself, then come back and tell us if it's ''a disgrace''.

Then try the ones in Jos, Kaduna, and the National War Museum, Umuahia.

Come back and tell us if you see people stealing and running off with the artefacts as you or one of your friends claimed.

1 Like

Re: Benin Versus London - How Times Have Changed. by Rossikk(m): 2:44pm On Jul 09, 2019
Igbobyblood:
yeah.

They supply us guns to win battles while we give them artifacts, palm oil , pepper.

During those days, the oba sent an ambassador to Portugal to Learn about Christianity, that was how Edo became the first west Africa to embrace Christianity, Christianity was never forced on us.

Till date urhobo and Benin chiefs attires have some Christian designs on it

Don't misrepresent history. The Benin empire did not sell artefacts to foreigners. The royal sculptural art was not made for exports, but for the ruling classes led by the Oba.

Also, Benin exchanged ambassadors with Portugal as part of bilateral relations that far superceded Benin's supposed interest in christianity. Trade and commerce where the main forces behind those relations. At the height of those relations in the 16th century, christianity was practised by only a very tiny minority of Benin people. Less than 1% if that. The Benin rulers forbade the Portuguese from establishing more than a handful of churches, and so the indigenous religion of the kingdom was dominant.

Secondly, Benin was christianized the same way other parts of Nigeria were christianized - by force of British colonial invasion in the late 19th century. Benin City was invaded, looted, and burnt down by the British in 1897, and its king sent on exile.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Benin Versus London - How Times Have Changed. by budaatum: 3:09pm On Jul 09, 2019
Rossikk:

Stop projecting your ignorance unto me. You have very little experience of Nigerian museums if you've visited just those 3, NONE of which by the way, is ''a disgrace'' as you claimed.

Visit the National Museum in Benin City itself, then come back and tell us if it's ''a disgrace''.

Then try the ones in Jos, Kaduna, and the National War Museum, Umuahia.

Come back and tell us if you see people stealing and running off with the artefacts as you or one of your friends claimed.
First, I have no friend here, and I never said anyone was stealing and running off from the museums that do exist, probably because there's not much worth stealing or running off with. If there was they'd probably be empty by now.

I am indeed very ignorant of the museums in Benin City or Jos, Kaduna, and the National War Museum, Umuahia. But I have visited museums elsewhere and I doubt those you mention compare, which I would wish they could exceed in quality of artefacts and building and funding and number of visits. I know we have enough to fill them with.

Whatever we may have is not good enough and should be improved, is my own opinion. Museums abroad have more of our artifacts on display than we seem to have the museum space and the display conditions for.
Re: Benin Versus London - How Times Have Changed. by Rossikk(m): 4:05pm On Jul 09, 2019
budaatum:

First, I have no friend here, and I never said anyone was stealing and running off from the museums that do exist, probably because there's not much worth stealing or running off with. If there was they'd probably be empty by now.

I am indeed very ignorant of the museums in Benin City or Jos, Kaduna, and the National War Museum, Umuahia. But I have visited museums elsewhere and I doubt those you mention compare, which I would wish they could exceed in quality of artefacts and building and funding and number of visits. I know we have enough to fill them with.

Whatever we may have is not good enough and should be improved, is my own opinion. Museums abroad have more of our artifacts on display than we seem to have the museum space and the display conditions for.

So you're ''ignorant of'' the above major Nigerian museums, including National Museum Benin City, yet you had the audacity to loudly proclaim that ''Nigerian museums are a disgrace''. Wouldn't it have been better for you to have VISITED those museums first before condemning them before the entire world as ''a disgrace''? See how some of you Nigerians are your country's worst enemies?
Re: Benin Versus London - How Times Have Changed. by Sapiosexuality(m): 4:12pm On Jul 09, 2019
Rossikk:

Plus politically, in today's world, size matters a lot, and gives you a greater chance of REAL independence, as a developing country. Who can bully China or India today, or tell them what to do?

Plus we are becoming very influential as a nation. Look at how Nigeria is dominating Africa culturally, in music and film, and fashion. Even our pidgin English is being imitated all over the world by people transfixed by Nigerian culture as propagated by Nollywood, and artistes from Davido to Wizkid. Go to New York and London now. They're playing Nigerian music on a daily basis in clubs and on the radio, an unheard of situation just 5 years ago.

We need to find a way to unite as a nation and move forward. Our differences are negligible when set against our massive potential. Breaking up into tiny, inconsequential 'Sierra Leones', 'Togos', and 'Liberias' is a backward step. We are Africans. We can find a way.
In essence what matters to you is power and not peace and these secessionists are trying to take away this power? What exactly is wrong in a group of guys trying to go back to the roots that gave everyone peace? Is power more important than peace?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ajaero: Most Governors In Review Committee Not Paying Minimum Wage / Aroms Aigbehi's Incompetency Award To Kate Owoko, Bayelsa Lawmaker / Asset Declaration: Supreme Court Decides Saraki’s Fate Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.