Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,767 members, 7,831,464 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 07:10 PM

South African President Backs Huawei To Bring 5G To South Africa - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / South African President Backs Huawei To Bring 5G To South Africa (1130 Views)

Huawei To Use Tomtom Maps As An Alternative To Google Maps / Huawei To Give $286 Million In Staff Bonuses For Helping During US Trade Dispute / Huawei CEO Ren Zhengfei Said He Is Busy Fixing Up Huawei To Pick Trump's Call (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

South African President Backs Huawei To Bring 5G To South Africa by Freebuzz: 7:12am On Jul 09, 2019
News via freebuzz.com.ng

South African President, Cyril Ramaphosa, backed Chinese technology giant, Huawei, on Friday at the first South African Digital Economy Summit in Johannesburg, where he outlined his government’s strategy to unlock economic opportunities in the digital era.

Ramaphosa During his speech, the President turned his attention to multilateral relations, which he said should also reflect an enabling posture for the global digital economy.

Ramaphosa said the US action against Huawei was an example of protectionism which would affect South Africa’s telecommunications sector. “This standoff between China and the US where the technology company Huawei is being used as victim because of its successes is an example of protectionism that will affect our own telecommunications sector, particularly the efforts to roll out the 5G network, causing a setback on other networks as well.” He said.

He said a number of telecommunication companies had written to him to express their concerns about trade restrictions that had been imposed on Huawei by the US government. “Telecom companies got together and wrote me a letter saying that this tussle between the US and China around the company called Huawei is going to hurt us because we can’t go to 5G and only Huawei can lead us to 5G,” he said.

With the trade discussions between the US and China set to resume, Ramaphosa said the Chinese telecom giant was a victim. “We support a company that is going to take our country and indeed the world to better technologies, and that is 5G. We cannot afford to have our economy to be held back because of this fight.

We are pleased that at the G20 Summit, China and US were able to meet and they said they will relax some of the constraints being imposed on Huawei, so that it can continue to deal with other various companies.”

SOURCE:- https://freebuzz.com.ng/2019/07/09/south-african-president-backs-huawei-to-bring-5g-to-south-africa/

Mynd44
dominique
Lalasticlala
Re: South African President Backs Huawei To Bring 5G To South Africa by bigtt76(f): 7:15am On Jul 09, 2019
See this? South Africa already planning ahead, our president doesn't even know what 2G is sef or he importance of having 5G.... God safe us angry

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: South African President Backs Huawei To Bring 5G To South Africa by Freebuzz: 7:16am On Jul 09, 2019
bigtt76:
See this? South Africa already planning ahead, our president doesn't even know what 2G is sef or he importance of having 5G.... God safe us angry

grin
Re: South African President Backs Huawei To Bring 5G To South Africa by Davash222(m): 7:18am On Jul 09, 2019
When 4G never reach most big cities in Nigeria.

Nigeria is over rated!!!

Let’s be frank to ourselves!!

1 Like

Re: South African President Backs Huawei To Bring 5G To South Africa by Tallesty1(m): 7:40am On Jul 09, 2019
bigtt76:
Ahead of us? Is like you've not heard about Fulani radio?

5 Likes

Re: South African President Backs Huawei To Bring 5G To South Africa by princemillla(m): 9:04am On Jul 09, 2019
Another goal!!!!

Shine on Huawei!
Re: South African President Backs Huawei To Bring 5G To South Africa by SKhanmi: 9:12am On Jul 09, 2019
Nothing good about 5G when you view it from the health side. I don't know why people jump on bandwagons without thinking/research.

Fun Fact: Did you know thousands of birds dropped dead from the sky during the 1st testing? Wow, I can't wait to see it deployed in naija,so we can all get irradiated & die slowly. Hamzat suits? C'mon we don't need that.

1 Like

Re: South African President Backs Huawei To Bring 5G To South Africa by Freebuzz: 9:28am On Jul 09, 2019
SKhanmi:
Nothing good about 5G when you view it from the health side. I don't know why people jump on bandwagons without thinking/research.

Fun Fact: Did you know thousands of birds dropped dead from the sky during the 1st testing? Wow, I can't wait to see it deployed in naija,so we can all get irradiated & die slowly. Hamzat suits? C'mon we don't need that.

Re: South African President Backs Huawei To Bring 5G To South Africa by PhenomenalMorgan(m): 10:10am On Jul 09, 2019
Huawei's 5G network gear is the cheapest available now...
Those of Nokia and Ericsson are way more expensive...

1 Like

Re: South African President Backs Huawei To Bring 5G To South Africa by Techcribs: 10:49am On Jul 09, 2019
PhenomenalMorgan:
Huawei's 5G network gear is the cheapest available now...
Those of Nokia and Ericsson are way more expensive...

Wow
Re: South African President Backs Huawei To Bring 5G To South Africa by ZesusHVWritter(m): 11:57am On Jul 09, 2019
SKhanmi:

You must be very very very very very smart for posting this.
So smart you are smarter than the Chinese, Americans, Germans, Russians and even the South Africans whom are working and striding towards a light speed Internet service made possible by 5G pipelines.
Please where have you been all this while when Nigerians needed someone to draw them back while the world kept moving forward?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: South African President Backs Huawei To Bring 5G To South Africa by somto10: 12:46pm On Jul 09, 2019
A president that knows what he's doing...
Proud of South Africa.
Re: South African President Backs Huawei To Bring 5G To South Africa by AsomArchitectNG(m): 1:19pm On Jul 09, 2019
These are countries that are working
Re: South African President Backs Huawei To Bring 5G To South Africa by TANID(m): 1:39pm On Jul 09, 2019
Can Someone Please Show Me That Sport Cars That South Africa Police Are Using And Nigeria Police S.U.V grin

Let's Start From That Please.
Re: South African President Backs Huawei To Bring 5G To South Africa by SKhanmi: 2:59pm On Jul 09, 2019
ZesusHVWritter:

You must be very very very very very smart for posting this.
So smart you are smarter than the Chinese, Americans, Germans, Russians and even the South Africans whom are working and striding towards a light speed Internet service made possible by 5G pipelines.
Please where have you been all this while when Nigerians needed someone to draw them back while the world kept moving forward?

Ha.Ha.Ha See sarcasm. It's easy to ID those who don't first find out both sides of the story before jumping to...... Anyway If you feel I Judged you wrong & you're indeed an open minded fellow. Kindly type 5G adverse effects on Duckduckgo search engine.

I'm sure you won't also believe me when I say Google provides selective search results tailored based on your digital trails. Kontinue. Only very foolish fellows listen to both mainstream & alternative news. Hail CNN!

Modified: Don't Forget to check the mode of deployment also,see how every single inch on this planet will be irradiated & come back & tell me whether it benefits beings of flesh & blood or cyborgs.
Re: South African President Backs Huawei To Bring 5G To South Africa by joinnow: 5:31pm On Jul 09, 2019
Tallesty1:
Ahead of us? Is like you've not heard about Fulani radio?

Re: South African President Backs Huawei To Bring 5G To South Africa by MrBONE2(m): 8:04pm On Jul 09, 2019
Davash222:
When 4G never reach most big cities in Nigeria.

Nigeria is over rated!!!

While South Africa is so UnderRatedgrin

Re: South African President Backs Huawei To Bring 5G To South Africa by Babalegba(m): 10:22pm On Jul 09, 2019
SKhanmi:

Ha.Ha.Ha See sarcasm. It's easy to ID those who don't first find out both sides of the story before jumping to...... Anyway If you feel I Judged you wrong & you're indeed an open minded fellow. Kindly type 5G adverse effects on Duckduckgo search engine.

I'm sure you won't also believe me when I say Google provides selective search results tailored based on your digital trails. Kontinue. Only very foolish fellows listen to both mainstream & alternative news. Hail CNN!

Modified: Don't Forget to check the mode of deployment also,see how every single inch on this planet will be irradiated & come back & tell me whether it benefits beings of flesh & blood or cyborgs.
Not everything on the internet is true, many westerners are trolls on the net. I remember them claiming one bearded lady got that way because of her habit of drinking diet Coke.Western leaders would not permit dangerous technology in their domain

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Infinix Smart 4 - Better Than Infinix Hot 8? + GIVEAWAY! / Camon 12 Air Or Hot8 Which One Should I Go For / Taking Selfies During The Shutdown, Is It Good Or Bad?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.