Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,843 members, 7,810,254 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:49 AM

Huawei To Give $286 Million In Staff Bonuses For Helping During US Trade Dispute - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Huawei To Give $286 Million In Staff Bonuses For Helping During US Trade Dispute (15778 Views)

Huawei To Unveil First Harmonyos-powered Smartphone In 2021 / Huawei To Use Tomtom Maps As An Alternative To Google Maps / Huawei CEO Ren Zhengfei Said He Is Busy Fixing Up Huawei To Pick Trump's Call (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Huawei To Give $286 Million In Staff Bonuses For Helping During US Trade Dispute by ZAWs: 4:39am On Nov 13, 2019
MICHAIL, 12 NOVEMBER 2019

2019 was certainly a difficult year for Huawei with the US trade ban, which made it hard for the company to supply various components and software for its products. Despite all the obstacles the company managed to push through and continue its growth in key sectors including its smartphone and wireless network businesses.

As a token of gratitude to its hard-working employees, Huawei is ready to give an estimated CNY 2 billion ($286 million) in bonuses to over 190,000 staff members across 170 countries. According to a leaked internal company memo, all active Huawei employees with a performance rating above C and no security violations will receive a bonus equal to their October base salary.

While Huawei’s new handsets are seeing limited availability internationally, its performance in its domestic market has done well to offset it. Most recently, we saw Huawei’s strong Q3 smartphone shipment results, which showed the company is still the second-largest smartphone company in terms of shipments while also posting a high yearly growth at just over 28%.

Going forward, the US Commerce Department is finally expected to begin issuing its special trade licenses for a multitude of US tech companies that want to resume their business ties with Huawei. This move would certainly be a welcome move for Huawei but it remains to be seen if key players like Google will be granted authorization by the US government.

https://m.gsmarena.com/huawei_to_give_its_staff_286_million_in_bonuses_for_persevering_through_the_us_trade_ban-news-40063.php

1 Share

Re: Huawei To Give $286 Million In Staff Bonuses For Helping During US Trade Dispute by ZAWs: 4:40am On Nov 13, 2019
Surely, there's a reward for loyalty.

51 Likes 1 Share

Re: Huawei To Give $286 Million In Staff Bonuses For Helping During US Trade Dispute by Ernerstdavid55(m): 5:13am On Nov 13, 2019
Good

1 Like

Re: Huawei To Give $286 Million In Staff Bonuses For Helping During US Trade Dispute by idesylvester(m): 5:57am On Nov 13, 2019
White na white black na black... if u know u know

92 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Huawei To Give $286 Million In Staff Bonuses For Helping During US Trade Dispute by nony43(m): 7:45am On Nov 13, 2019
N
Re: Huawei To Give $286 Million In Staff Bonuses For Helping During US Trade Dispute by Nobody: 7:45am On Nov 13, 2019
aa
Re: Huawei To Give $286 Million In Staff Bonuses For Helping During US Trade Dispute by Topmaike007(m): 7:46am On Nov 13, 2019
That's why I love China

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Huawei To Give $286 Million In Staff Bonuses For Helping During US Trade Dispute by Solsix(m): 7:46am On Nov 13, 2019
That is why big company are getting bigger , appreciating and rewarding thier staff

15 Likes

Re: Huawei To Give $286 Million In Staff Bonuses For Helping During US Trade Dispute by Seankhalifa: 7:47am On Nov 13, 2019
Not 9ja company shaaa

6 Likes

Re: Huawei To Give $286 Million In Staff Bonuses For Helping During US Trade Dispute by Ayomarcel(m): 7:47am On Nov 13, 2019
This is the kind of company one should work for or with..

6 Likes

Re: Huawei To Give $286 Million In Staff Bonuses For Helping During US Trade Dispute by Wasky101: 7:48am On Nov 13, 2019
Nice
Re: Huawei To Give $286 Million In Staff Bonuses For Helping During US Trade Dispute by auntysimbiat(f): 7:48am On Nov 13, 2019
wow
Re: Huawei To Give $286 Million In Staff Bonuses For Helping During US Trade Dispute by iammo(m): 7:49am On Nov 13, 2019
cool

They stood strong when Trump tried to bully them, they came up with an OS in few days.. this guys deserve more

staff and country loyalty should be rewarded "bigly"

28 Likes

Re: Huawei To Give $286 Million In Staff Bonuses For Helping During US Trade Dispute by lavenderjade(m): 7:50am On Nov 13, 2019
ZAWs:
MICHAIL, 12 NOVEMBER 2019

2019 was certainly a difficult year for Huawei with the US trade ban, which made it hard for the company to supply various components and software for its products. Despite all the obstacles the company managed to push through and continue its growth in key sectors including its smartphone and wireless network businesses.

As a token of gratitude to its hard-working employees, Huawei is ready to give an estimated CNY 2 billion ($286 million) in bonuses to over 190,000 staff members across 170 countries. According to a leaked internal company memo, all active Huawei employees with a performance rating above C and no security violations will receive a bonus equal to their October base salary.

While Huawei’s new handsets are seeing limited availability internationally, its performance in its domestic market has done well to offset it. Most recently, we saw Huawei’s strong Q3 smartphone shipment results, which showed the company is still the second-largest smartphone company in terms of shipments while also posting a high yearly growth at just over 28%.

Going forward, the US Commerce Department is finally expected to begin issuing its special trade licenses for a multitude of US tech companies that want to resume their business ties with Huawei. This move would certainly be a welcome move for Huawei but it remains to be seen if key players like Google will be granted authorization by the US government.

https://m.gsmarena.com/huawei_to_give_its_staff_286_million_in_bonuses_for_persevering_through_the_us_trade_ban-news-40063.php

Thats like #550k in naija if shared amongst the 190,000 workers..

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Huawei To Give $286 Million In Staff Bonuses For Helping During US Trade Dispute by helinues: 7:51am On Nov 13, 2019
We are actually really learning on handling disputes....

1 Like

Re: Huawei To Give $286 Million In Staff Bonuses For Helping During US Trade Dispute by Eventspro23: 7:51am On Nov 13, 2019
Really

1 Like

Re: Huawei To Give $286 Million In Staff Bonuses For Helping During US Trade Dispute by Nobody: 7:53am On Nov 13, 2019
Talk about a company that values human resource. Not like Gloria Osei

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Huawei To Give $286 Million In Staff Bonuses For Helping During US Trade Dispute by FakeManna: 7:55am On Nov 13, 2019
[s]
helinues:
We are actually really learning on handling disputes....
[/s]
shatap

1 Like

Re: Huawei To Give $286 Million In Staff Bonuses For Helping During US Trade Dispute by mrvitalis(m): 7:59am On Nov 13, 2019
Where are all those people saying trump would win the trade war ?

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Huawei To Give $286 Million In Staff Bonuses For Helping During US Trade Dispute by fnep2smooth(m): 8:01am On Nov 13, 2019
This can't happen in Nigeria rather you hear that they sack 50% of their staff just to draw attention.

8 Likes

Re: Huawei To Give $286 Million In Staff Bonuses For Helping During US Trade Dispute by realestniggah: 8:02am On Nov 13, 2019
I just like how huawei handled the US On this matter

4 Likes

Re: Huawei To Give $286 Million In Staff Bonuses For Helping During US Trade Dispute by 3rdavefarms(m): 8:02am On Nov 13, 2019
I need one again of that phone
Re: Huawei To Give $286 Million In Staff Bonuses For Helping During US Trade Dispute by 3rdavefarms(m): 8:02am On Nov 13, 2019
mrvitalis:
Where are all those people saying trump would win the trade war ?

They have no idea of what China can do or have done for the United States

1 Like

Re: Huawei To Give $286 Million In Staff Bonuses For Helping During US Trade Dispute by voltron14: 8:03am On Nov 13, 2019
lavenderjade:

Thats like #550k in naija if shared amongst the 190,000 workers..

Correct.
Re: Huawei To Give $286 Million In Staff Bonuses For Helping During US Trade Dispute by RICHOLAC(m): 8:05am On Nov 13, 2019
I don't why i love this company so much? Thier products remain a top-notch. One of these days, i must lay my hands on that their HUAWEI Y7 Prime kai! that phone make sense.

4 Likes

Re: Huawei To Give $286 Million In Staff Bonuses For Helping During US Trade Dispute by Agugbadin: 8:15am On Nov 13, 2019
RICHOLAC:
I don't why i love this company so much? Thier products remain a top-notch. One of these days, i must lay my hands on that their HUAWEI Y7 Prime kai! that phone make sense.

I agree with you absolutely, I have Huawei Y7 Prime which I bought in 2017, one of the best phones I have ever used. It has never failed once. HUAWEI is a good company and their products are really very good. A brand I can always recommend to anyone.

7 Likes

Re: Huawei To Give $286 Million In Staff Bonuses For Helping During US Trade Dispute by CrownPrincehawk(m): 8:24am On Nov 13, 2019
Nice move for Huawei. Nigerians let us learn from Chinese they know better

3 Likes

Re: Huawei To Give $286 Million In Staff Bonuses For Helping During US Trade Dispute by KanuSE: 8:27am On Nov 13, 2019
3rdavefarms:

They have no idea of what China can do or have done for the United States

Don't be deceived, China was hit by that trade war coz engagement with its prominent market/consumer was suspended without due consultation/dialogue. That must have cost a lot in finding other means to thrive - I would agree it opened new doors/opportunities for Huawei.

Secondly, America is not daft as they would have weighed their options, including any other eventualities. It would surprise you that America is owing China alot of money, yet America would still dictate the terms in their dealings.

America is a gangster, it was built on sweat & blood - America was born on the street!

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Huawei To Give $286 Million In Staff Bonuses For Helping During US Trade Dispute by overall90: 8:28am On Nov 13, 2019
If it were to be a Nigerian company,the trade war would have been a an excuse to cut salaries irrespective of wether the company is afloat or not.

5 Likes

Re: Huawei To Give $286 Million In Staff Bonuses For Helping During US Trade Dispute by incentive: 8:30am On Nov 13, 2019
Wow! This is amazing.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

FG Directs Telcos To Reverse 10% Increase In Calls, Data Tariffs / Do U Have An Airtel Line?get 35mb Now! / Latest Opera Mini 5.0,4.2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.