Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,289 members, 7,850,029 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 01:08 PM

Will Jonathan Hand Over To An Ibo In 2015? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Will Jonathan Hand Over To An Ibo In 2015? (3026 Views)

Please How Can You Rate This Speech By Ibo's In Lagos !!! / Check Out What I Wrote About The Ibo's In 2013 / Will Jonathan Reverse The Fuel Price To =n= 65/litre? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Will Jonathan Hand Over To An Ibo In 2015? by jason12345: 8:06pm On Oct 10, 2010
Onlytruth:

Now I believe that there may be a conspiracy against Ndigbo by some southern interests. cool

Like I have always said, Ndigbo should NEVER care about what anyone thinks or counts against them in Nigeria. We should have a laser focus on what we want in Nigeria, be it presidency or outright secession.

The southern groups have betrayed us far more than we can EVER betray them, so they can go to hell for all I care. cool cool

If Ndigbo should ever support Jonathan next year, let it NEVER be because some S.south people would count it against us if we don't. These folks have no grounds whatsoever to count anything against us. All they have ever done in Nigeria since even before 1960, has been to scheme us into subjugation in Nigerian politics.

Let Ndigbo decide on who is in their best interest -IBB, ATIKU, RIBABU or JONATHAN (IF HE PLAYS BALL).

For me, I'm beginning to have a REAL second thought on Jonathan.

I better deal with a devil with whom I fought a brutal war, and who understands that I can fight, than a delusional minority who think they can hold me to ransom.  cool

I don't know why you are so selfish!!!
Re: Will Jonathan Hand Over To An Ibo In 2015? by Nobody: 8:10pm On Oct 10, 2010
jason12345:

[b]YOU ARE A naughty person!!! angry smiley wink cheesy[/b]LOL
Werent you pro Igbo-Yoruba a while ago?
Why the insult? Just his opinion, which should not matter to you if you dont want it to.

Onlytruth:

Now I believe that there may be a conspiracy against Ndigbo by some southern interests. cool

Like I have always said, Ndigbo should NEVER care about what anyone thinks or counts against them in Nigeria. We should have a laser focus on what we want in Nigeria, be it presidency or outright secession.

The southern groups have betrayed us far more than we can EVER betray them, so they can go to hell for all I care. cool cool

If Ndigbo should ever support Jonathan next year, let it NEVER be because some S.south people would count it against us if we don't. These folks have no grounds whatsoever to count anything against us. All they have ever done in Nigeria since even before 1960, has been to scheme us into subjugation in Nigerian politics.

Let Ndigbo decide on who is in their best interest -IBB, ATIKU, RIBABU or JONATHAN (IF HE PLAYS BALL).

I better deal with a devil with whom I fought a brutal war, and who understands that I can fight, than a delusional minority who think they can hold me to ransom.  cool

I dont get it, OnlyTruth.

You said that Igbos should focus on their primary goal; which is either a presidency or a secession. But on the other hand, you want that to make a choice on which candidate to support. Best interest according to what? Who will help Ndi Igbo achieve their goal?  

And I think EVERYONE is having a secong thought on GEB.
Re: Will Jonathan Hand Over To An Ibo In 2015? by excanny: 8:21pm On Oct 10, 2010
Onlytruth:

If Ndigbo should ever support Jonathan next year, let it NEVER be[b] because some S.south people would count it against us if we don't. These folks have no grounds whatsoever to count anything against us. All they have ever done in Nigeria since even before 1960, has been to scheme us into subjugation in Nigerian politics[/b].

I wouldn't see it like that.

Yes, they have betrayed us in the past because they didn't know who their real enemies were. We dont have to repay them in kind. We need to extend our forgiveness to them. If the minority groups need our support now or anytime, it's also in our interest if we help them. We'll also need them in the future. I dont want to underestimate their votes.
Re: Will Jonathan Hand Over To An Ibo In 2015? by excanny: 8:22pm On Oct 10, 2010
Onlytruth:

If Ndigbo should ever support Jonathan next year, let it NEVER be[b] because some S.south people would count it against us if we don't. These folks have no grounds whatsoever to count anything against us. All they have ever done in Nigeria since even before 1960, has been to scheme us into subjugation in Nigerian politics[/b].

I wouldn't see it like that.

Yes, they have betrayed us in the past because they didn't know who their real enemies were. We dont have to repay them in kind. We need to extend our forgiveness to them. If the minority groups need our support now or anytime, it's also in our interest if we help them. We'll also need them in the future. I dont want to underestimate their votes.
Re: Will Jonathan Hand Over To An Ibo In 2015? by chyz(m): 8:28pm On Oct 10, 2010
Onlytruth:

Its not about non-igbo ss people.What they say makes no difference to us or anybody else. We know jonathan is not that good of presidential material but he is stands for a lot of things that may benefit up more than any other candidate. IBB or any from the north has no say so in out being president. If you but your hope of one non-god human being like IBB or any other person from the north because they promised you presidency than you are a fool and you deserve to be oppressed.

These are the same people who lower your population during census counts in favor of their region and these are the same northern people u want to vote for? You cant be serious. It is known that outside of the igbo speaking states in nigeria, 36-7=29, there are at least 1 million Igbos in each state.Do the math, lets assume that there is only a million just for the sake of it although we know even in lagos alone there are like 3 mill. Anyways assume there are only 1 million multiply it by the million from those 29 non-igbo states and that is 29 million igbos right there! If you think we are the single larges tribe in nigeria you are lying to yourself. If you vote for one of those northern people i assure you that it will never be corrected and Igbo will continue to lose elections because of voting lies from these people.And to add to that they invite their brothers from chad,niger, cameroon to come in around elections and vote as well. They said Jagawa State is more populated than Lagos!!!!!!LOL.

Look dont let this be a second thought, its not about GEJ its about more than that. Don't vote for any of those Northerners because we know all they want is power. Whether these people are in PDP today or not trust me around 2015 they call all get up and leave PDP and start another Political group and PDP will no longer be the ruling party again. Than the Igbo will go crying about marginalization.Who will be the blame? The Yoruba? The Hausa? The Ijaw? No!!!! It will be the Igbos.You are not the 3rd largest tribe in nigeria like the northerners want you to think, but f'ck up this one time while you can elect jonathan and fix these figures that screwed you up during these election and have yourselves to blame. PERIOD! angry
Re: Will Jonathan Hand Over To An Ibo In 2015? by Ibime(m): 8:39pm On Oct 10, 2010
@ De La Rue,

In the aftermath of June 12, Igbo position was hijacked by some political jobbers who formed alliance with Abacha. It was greatest chance for Ndigbo to heal all enmity with the West.
Re: Will Jonathan Hand Over To An Ibo In 2015? by excanny: 8:44pm On Oct 10, 2010
kettykings:

all the great conspiracy against ibos from ethnic riots that resulted in the civil war to 20 pounds conspracy for thier millions , to abandoned property conspiracy,  to even the state creation grand conspiracy, yet the conspirators are still worse off.

today ibos own not just 73 % of abuja but a sizeable portion of lagos and other great cities. an ibos was deputy second gen of UN, MD world bank, VP UN, MPs british parliament of all africans.
The same way an ibo was dragged to become the Army chief that's how nigerians will drag an ibo to come and rule the country 1 day.

Well said, my brother.

I dont really trust the Hausas and the Yorubas. I think we need to straight our relationship with the minority groups. If we cant get them to our side, together with our votes, even if the Yorubas and Hausas are greedy enough to want to deny us, we'll still get it right with the cooperation of the minority groups under credible elections. And this is where i feel the strength of an Igbo presidency lies
or another option, then, would be a better planned secession.
Re: Will Jonathan Hand Over To An Ibo In 2015? by jason12345: 8:46pm On Oct 10, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

Why the insult? Just his opinion, which should not matter to you if you dont want it to.
I am still a pro yoruba-igbo. but all i saw was selfishness from him.
chyz:

Its not about non-igbo ss people.What they say makes no difference to us or anybody else. We know jonathan is not that good of presidential material but he is stands for a lot of things that may benefit up more than any other candidate. IBB or any from the north has no say so in out being president. If you but your hope of one non-god human being like IBB or any other person from the north because they promised you presidency than you are a fool and you deserve to be oppressed.

These are the same people who lower your population during census counts in favor of their region and these are the same northern people u want to vote for? You cant be serious. It is known that outside of the igbo speaking states in nigeria, 36-7=29, there are at least 1 million Igbos in each state.Do the math, lets assume that there is only a million just for the sake of it although we know even in lagos alone there are like 3 mill. Anyways assume there are only 1 million multiply it by the million from those 29 non-igbo states and that is 29 million igbos right there! If you think we are the single larges tribe in nigeria you are lying to yourself. If you vote for one of those northern people i assure you that it will never be corrected and Igbo will continue to lose elections because of voting lies from these people.And to add to that they invite their brothers from chad,niger, cameroon to come in around elections and vote as well. They said Jagawa State is more populated than Lagos!!!!!!LOL.

Look dont let this be a second thought, its not about GEJ its about more than that. Don't vote for any of those Northerners because we know all they want is power. Whether these people are in PDP today or not trust me around 2015 they call all get up and leave PDP and start another Political group and PDP will no longer be the ruling party again. Than the Igbo will go crying about marginalization.Who will be the blame? The Yoruba? The Hausa? The Ijaw? No!!!! It will be the Igbos.You are not the 3rd largest tribe in nigeria like the northerners want you to think, but f'ck up this one time while you can elect jonathan and fix these figures that screwed you up during these election and have yourselves to blame. PERIOD! angry
MAY GOD BLESS YOU.
onlytruth, the point is GJ stands for not just ss but for southern nigeria and the minorities oppessed in the north and Nigeria as a whole. GJ will create a situation where anyone can contest from any ethnic group without the fear of begin crowded out. This is the time to act in honesty. A particular group of people cannot be an over-lord on us!
Re: Will Jonathan Hand Over To An Ibo In 2015? by jason12345: 8:54pm On Oct 10, 2010
ileke-idi. i think we have met before. i think it was some yrs back. can you remember some two guys on the plane (twins). you said you were going to ekiti from the lagos airport,  or i might be mistaken
Ileke-IdI:

I dont get it, OnlyTruth.

You said that Igbos should focus on their primary goal; which is either a presidency or a secession. But on the other hand, you want that to make a choice on which candidate to support. Best interest according to what? Who will help Ndi Igbo achieve their goal?  

And I think EVERYONE is having a secong thought on GEB.
Re: Will Jonathan Hand Over To An Ibo In 2015? by Abagworo(m): 8:56pm On Oct 10, 2010
I think zoning will most likely distribute power more than just hoping on others.With zoning,different candidates from one particular zone will contest and the best of them elected.
Re: Will Jonathan Hand Over To An Ibo In 2015? by chyz(m): 8:58pm On Oct 10, 2010
jason12345:

onlytruth, the point is GJ stands for not just ss but for southern nigeria and the minorities oppessed in the north and Nigeria as a whole. GJ will create a situation where anyone can contest from any ethnic group without the fear of begin crowded out. This is the time to act in honesty. A particular group of people cannot be an over-lord on us!

Exactly!!!The other candidates had time after time to prove the that their oppressive mentality has change but they never did. Even up until now IBB, Buhari, and Atiku has yet to reject the remark by ciroma about the north going to cause chaos and bloodshed if jonathan wins the primaries. In the interview with IBB, he was asked does he apologize or regret the annulment and death oth MKO abiola he said he doesnt. They didnt even console the families of those who lost their lives in the bombing. All IBB said was " It is foolish to connect the bombing to me". If Igbo want change Igbo need to vote GEJ now and from then on till 2015 be planning and putting their hows together. Our Igbo brothers need to understand that. Its not rocket science.
Re: Will Jonathan Hand Over To An Ibo In 2015? by DeLaRue: 9:03pm On Oct 10, 2010
Ibime,

Thanks for letting me know about the Ibos who later lined up behind Abacha. Isnt it also true that some prominent Yorubas did d same? So really, I dont think this should count against the Ibos. They supported MKO willingly, we need to pay them back for that. But like I said, they must first present a very credible candidate.

OnlyTruth,

No too vex o. I understand you are frustrated by the Nigerian project. Most of us are. But whilst we still have Nigeria, d Ibos must continue to make all the right (preferably no threats pls!) noises, be patient, and build alliances. Hard as it is to believe, it is actually possible for the Ibos to win the Yorubas over. I know, so much water has passed under d bridge, what with d legacy of 1967/70 etc. B ut, it is possible.

The Nigerian game cannot be played in isolation. You must form alliances, however frustrating it is that you (Ibos) probably have to do most of the flirting/convincing. Just look to your South & your West, there are brides in waiting (for wont of a better phrase).

I am totaly against zoning, but I would like the Ibos to have a taste of the Presidency & then we can scrap the thing. An Ibo President will not necessarilly mean a better deal for the average Ibo man or woman, but I understand the psychological boost it will give to a people who feel they have contributed so much but have continued to be sidelined.
Re: Will Jonathan Hand Over To An Ibo In 2015? by Nobody: 9:04pm On Oct 10, 2010
jason12345:

ileke-idi. i think we have met before. i think it was some yrs back. can you remember some two guys on the plane (twins). you said you were going to ekiti from the lagos airport,  or i might be mistaken
No, we havent.
Re: Will Jonathan Hand Over To An Ibo In 2015? by jason12345: 9:08pm On Oct 10, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

No, we havent.
ok, sorry, i was mistaken
Re: Will Jonathan Hand Over To An Ibo In 2015? by jason12345: 9:12pm On Oct 10, 2010
DeLaRue:

Ibime,

Thanks for letting me know about the Ibos who later lined up behind Abacha. Isnt it also true that some prominent Yorubas did d same? So really, I dont think this should count against the Ibos. They supported MKO willingly, we need to pay them back for that. But like I said, they must first present a very credible candidate.

OnlyTruth,

No too vex o. I understand you are frustrated by the Nigerian project. Most of us are. But whilst we still have Nigeria, d Ibos must continue to make all the right (preferably no threats pls!) noises, be patient, and build alliances. Hard as it is to believe, it is actually possible for the Ibos to win the Yorubas over. I know, so much water has passed under d bridge, what with d legacy of 1967/70 etc. B ut, it is possible.

The Nigerian game cannot be played in isolation. You must form alliances, however frustrating it is that you (Ibos) probably have to do most of the flirting/convincing. Just look to your South & your West, there are brides in waiting (for wont of a better phrase).

I am totaly against zoning, but I would like the Ibos to have a taste of the Presidency & then we can scrap the thing. An Ibo President will not necessarilly mean a better deal for the average Ibo man or woman, but I understand the psychological boost it will give to a people who feel they have contributed so much but have continued to be sidelined.
i agree
Re: Will Jonathan Hand Over To An Ibo In 2015? by Onlytruth(m): 2:51am On Oct 11, 2010
DeLaRue:

Ibime,

OnlyTruth,

I totally agree with the bolded. A lot of folks here talk without understanding. Ndigbo will not accept that the civil war has ended until one of them serves as a president of Nigeria. Now, this is the view of conservative Igbos. Radicals will tell you that they want secession or nothing, and by any means necessary. Some of the commentators here are too young to understand why I said what I said. Being young is not an excuse for stupidity though. History changes very little.
Re: Will Jonathan Hand Over To An Ibo In 2015? by EzeUche0(m): 3:02am On Oct 11, 2010
Onlytruth,

Then my family and I must be the the Igbos you would be classified as the "radicals" in Alaigbo. And like usual, you are speaking "only the truth."
Re: Will Jonathan Hand Over To An Ibo In 2015? by Onlytruth(m): 3:05am On Oct 11, 2010
jason12345:

[b]YOU ARE A naughty person!!! angry smiley wink cheesy[/b]LOL

jason12345:

I don't know why you are so selfish!!!

My friend I don't think you understand what naughtiness or selfishness means. I wish I am 10% as you say. Ndigbo have sacrificed in terms of human life more than any other tribe for Nigeria's continued existence.

In all the meetings between Ohanaeze Ndigbo and Edwin Clarke, it has always been Ohanaeze going to meet Clarke.
Who the hell is Edwin Clarke, if not that the Nigerian system has empowered him more than more qualified folks in Southern and Eastern Nigeria?
Why should the traffic be one way? The Ijaw is always suspicious of Igbo intentions, why should any sane Igbo not be suspicious of Ijaw intentions?  

Like I said already, if Ndigbo should support Jonathan, let it NEVER be because the S.south will count it against us if we don't. Let it be because Jonathan has something concrete to offer Ndigbo.

I don't give a rats a55 what the Ijaw thinks. They have betrayed us more than we can ever betray them till the end of time. Period.  cool cool cool

As for the Yoruba, I believe that they have more potential to make things right with Ndigbo. I see some signs of that with the way some of them (Like Lam  Adesina) talks about zoning.
Re: Will Jonathan Hand Over To An Ibo In 2015? by Uzzyan: 3:12am On Oct 11, 2010
the truth is nobody is gonna be there for our own interest if no Goodluck so saying it doesnt matter if IBB ATIKU or the rest are for our good isnt a good one atall.
Re: Will Jonathan Hand Over To An Ibo In 2015? by Dede1(m): 3:13am On Oct 11, 2010
jason12345:

I am still a pro yoruba-igbo. but all i saw was selfishness from him.MAY GOD BLESS YOU.

GEJ stands for no apparent political philosophy. He is a desperate opportunist who does not understand policy and procedure. Southern Nigeria does not worth more than a piece of paper it is written. Southern Nigeria does not exist socially, politically, economically or culturally.

It is very laughable for anyone to yarn about honesty in Nigeria. And the absurdity of such request goes melancholic with sentence in bold. May I ask what happened to honesty in yesteryears Nigeria?
Re: Will Jonathan Hand Over To An Ibo In 2015? by TewMuch: 3:38am On Oct 11, 2010
Why should he hand over to a particular group? We are trying to change the process you are still talking about zoning. Zoning impoverishes everyone as each zone during their reign will just try to grab as much as possible for their own zone. Which will be unraveled when another person from another zone steps in, because the previously developed zones will be neglected. Zoning is a legitimate way to loot by our illiterate political jobbers. If we want Nigeria to be better, the best man must win. If there is a detribalized Igbo that has a proven track record, and can be trusted why not contest in 2011? Nigeria is changing, as our way of doing things over the past 50 years has been to our detriment. Soon, only the best will be able to occupy that position. If Igbo's want to occupy it they better look for their best, same with other tribes.
Re: Will Jonathan Hand Over To An Ibo In 2015? by EzeUche0(m): 3:44am On Oct 11, 2010
I think GEJ may be the first detribalized leader. Hear me out. I don't think he cares much about the "South-South" or Southern Nigeria in general. Neither does he care about Northern Nigeria. He only wants one thing and that is power.
Re: Will Jonathan Hand Over To An Ibo In 2015? by Dede1(m): 3:56am On Oct 11, 2010
EzeUche0:

I think GEJ may be the first detribalized leader. Hear me out. I don't think he cares much about the "South-South" or Southern Nigeria in general. Neither does he care about Northern Nigeria. He only wants one thing and that is power.

I would take a tribal political icon that obeys statutory codes and is guided by laid down policies and procedures over a detribalized GEJ who flagrantly flouts any code in paper on his way to grab power. Be mindful that a person with such political mindset would run over human beings to achieve his political ends.
Re: Will Jonathan Hand Over To An Ibo In 2015? by EzeUche0(m): 4:00am On Oct 11, 2010
Dede1:

I would take a tribal political icon that obeys statutory codes and is guided by laid down policies and procedures over a detribalized GEJ who flagrantly flouts any code in paper on his way to grab power. Be mindful that a person with such political mindset would run over human beings to achieve his political ends.   

True. I really do not know where this man stands. However, as I look around at the people running, he seems to be the lesser of two evils. In a way, he reminds me of OBJ. OBJ didn't care about someones tribe like previous leaders, he only worried about obtaining power. The man was even enemy to his own Yoruba people making sure no one threatened his supremacy.

GEJ is good at giving carrots though. That plump position he gave to an Igbo man, was to shut us up. With time, he may become a tyrant. Now what type of tyrant is the question I most ask. Will he be a malevolent tyrant or a benevolent tyrant. Do not let his smile fool you though, he may play the fool, but this guy is very shrewd and calculating.
Re: Will Jonathan Hand Over To An Ibo In 2015? by Dede1(m): 4:08am On Oct 11, 2010
EzeUche0:

True. I really do not know where this man stands. However, as I look around at the people running, he seems to be the lesser of two evils. In a way, he reminds me of OBJ. OBJ didn't care about someones tribe like previous leaders, he only worried about obtaining power. The man was even enemy to his own Yoruba people making sure no one threatened his supremacy.

GEJ is good at giving carrots though. That plump position he gave to an Igbo man, was to shut us up. With time, he may become a tyrant. Now what type of tyrant is the question I most ask. Will he be a malevolent tyrant or a benevolent tyrant. Do not let his smile fool you though, he may play the fool, but this guy is very shrewd and calculating.

I am perplexed to read that OBJ did not care about someone’s tribe. Did you ask why AD suddenly disappeared from the surface of the earth?
Re: Will Jonathan Hand Over To An Ibo In 2015? by EzeUche0(m): 4:10am On Oct 11, 2010
Dede1:

I am perplexed to read that OBJ did not care about someone’s tribe. Did you ask why AD suddenly disappeared from the surface of the earth?

Let us just say OBJ was his tribe's worse enemy. He was quick to cut down his own Yoruba than anyone else. Some people only want power. OBJ enjoyed power. GEJ wants power.
Re: Will Jonathan Hand Over To An Ibo In 2015? by Dede1(m): 4:27am On Oct 11, 2010
EzeUche0:

Let us just say OBJ was his tribe's worse enemy. He was quick to cut down his own Yoruba than anyone else. Some people only want power. OBJ enjoyed power. GEJ wants power.

For the southwest of Nigeria to abandon a regional and tribal political party such as AD, OBJ gave more than a house full of carrots and Kolanuts if I may add.
Re: Will Jonathan Hand Over To An Ibo In 2015? by AndreUweh(m): 9:35am On Oct 11, 2010
Two Igbo sons are in the race for Aso Rock come 2011. Pat Utomi and OUK have made their interests known.
And you guys should further spare the insults buy typing Igbo instead of Ibo.
Re: Will Jonathan Hand Over To An Ibo In 2015? by jason12345: 10:34am On Oct 11, 2010
Onlytruth:

My friend I don't think you understand what naughtiness or selfishness means. I wish I am 10% as you say. Ndigbo have sacrificed in terms of human life more than any other tribe for Nigeria's continued existence.

In all the meetings between Ohanaeze Ndigbo and Edwin Clarke, it has always been Ohanaeze going to meet Clarke.
Who the hell is Edwin Clarke, if not that the Nigerian system has empowered him more than more qualified folks in Southern and Eastern Nigeria?
Why should the traffic be one way? The Ijaw is always suspicious of Igbo intentions, why should any sane Igbo not be suspicious of Ijaw intentions?  

Like I said already, if Ndigbo should support Jonathan, let it NEVER be because the S.south will count it against us if we don't. Let it be because Jonathan has something concrete to offer Ndigbo.

I don't give a rats a55 what the Ijaw thinks. They have betrayed us more than we can ever betray them till the end of time. Period.  cool cool cool

As for the Yoruba, I believe that they have more potential to make things right with Ndigbo. I see some signs of that with the way some of them (Like Lam  Adesina) talks about zoning.

Aboout the naughty person comment, i was just joking.
The point i was trying to make is that if GJ can become the president, he would decentralise the position so it would not matter what ethnic group the aspirant is from.
whether we like it or not, the SW,SS and SE will have to stick together to make this country good for our children. the president from a region does not mean the region will be more developed.
TewMuch:

Why should he hand over to a particular group? We are trying to change the process you are still talking about zoning. Zoning impoverishes everyone as each zone during their reign will just try to grab as much as possible for their own zone. Which will be unraveled when another person from another zone steps in, because the previously developed zones will be neglected. Zoning is a legitimate way to loot by our illiterate political jobbers. If we want Nigeria to be better, the best man must win. If there is a detribalized Igbo that has a proven track record, and can be trusted why not contest in 2011? Nigeria is changing, as our way of doing things over the past 50 years has been to our detriment. Soon, only the best will be able to occupy that position. If Igbo's want to occupy it they better look for their best, same with other tribes.
perfect reply!
EzeUche0:

he may not care about S NIG but atleast it takes power from those illitrates. don't get me wrong, i love my northern brothers and sisters but they have more corrupt leaders than s nig. all in all, all we want is progress.
EzeUche0:

OBJ is a detribalised leader, he did not care that he is a yoruba man, he did not develop the yoruba land, he tried for the nation and he still fighting against IBB.
Re: Will Jonathan Hand Over To An Ibo In 2015? by revolt(m): 2:14pm On Oct 12, 2010
Well ill state the obvious here. I grew up in portharcourt with a lot of SS friends when we became teenagers my friends began to castigate my  igboness. How we love to dominate how we've taken over their lands how they'd drive us away and tak our properties AGAIN. All of a suddn my frinds just developed this phobia for igbos like their parents do. Its was so bad that while odili peter was running for presidncy the southern leaders refused to support him on the grounds he's igbo.clark to be precise.I think the other majorities are easily accepted because the minoities around them are usually more industrious but with the igbos our industrious nature has become one our social demerits. I read posts here from ppl here saying we need o forget about zoning and vote for Joe as the true symbol of the paradigm shift. Forgeting that these minorities would prefer a dismembered conomy under a megida rather than support an igbo Daniel. Its almost like they wish they could wish us away. I'm not speaking from hearsays but personal experinces. Our SS brothers are scared of us and will do anythng to pull us down. Its not about credible candidates. Moreover ppl keep classifying the norh as one single united tribe which shows how ignorant a lot of us here are. They have more ethnic groups than the south. Finally for the denouncers of the zoning system espcially the minority groups it would be ignorant to think in a free and fair election in Nigeria any minority would win. We all know the typical nigerians pysche in relations to ethnicity (thanks to awo) with the disadvantage of numbers it would be a miracle to legitimately win an election. Let's learn to keep agreements. Pesonally irrespective of all the media hypes I think ibb may not be an angel but reckless anticidents have shown him to be a progresive unlike most northern. conservativs which explains y he surounded himself with a lot of minorities especially from the south. I stand on zoning as a lot of ppl argue dishonestly that zh was neverimplemented.I try to imagine sometimes what majority of southerners would have said if obj died in office.
Re: Will Jonathan Hand Over To An Ibo In 2015? by revolt(m): 2:21pm On Oct 12, 2010
Forgive my grammtc errors blame it on t9
Re: Will Jonathan Hand Over To An Ibo In 2015? by Nobody: 2:43pm On Oct 12, 2010
[size=16pt]He will hand over to a Nigerian. Kapish!?[/size]

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Reps Threaten To Revoke Lagos-ibadan Expressway Contract / Amaechi: Fg Has Abandoned Crossriver and Abia States / 20 Oil Blocks Owners That Would Shock You.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 117
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.