Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,449 members, 7,850,568 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 03:42 AM

Will Jonathan Hand Over To An Ibo In 2015? - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Will Jonathan Hand Over To An Ibo In 2015? (3027 Views)

Please How Can You Rate This Speech By Ibo's In Lagos !!! / Check Out What I Wrote About The Ibo's In 2013 / Will Jonathan Reverse The Fuel Price To =n= 65/litre? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Will Jonathan Hand Over To An Ibo In 2015? by jason12345: 5:33pm On Oct 12, 2010
dappssee:

[size=16pt]He will hand over to a Nigerian. Kapish!?[/size]
GBAM!!!
revolt:

Well ill state the obvious here. I grew up in portharcourt with a lot of SS friends when we became teenagers my friends began to castigate my  igboness. How we love to dominate how we've taken over their lands how they'd drive us away and tak our properties AGAIN. All of a suddn my frinds just developed this phobia for igbos like their parents do. Its was so bad that while odili peter was running for presidncy the southern leaders refused to support him on the grounds he's igbo.clark to be precise.I think the other majorities are easily accepted because the minoities around them are usually more industrious but with the igbos our industrious nature has become one our social demerits. I read posts here from ppl here saying we need o forget about zoning and vote for Joe as the true symbol of the paradigm shift. Forgeting that these minorities would prefer a dismembered conomy under a megida rather than support an igbo Daniel. Its almost like they wish they could wish us away. I'm not speaking from hearsays but personal experinces. Our SS brothers are scared of us and will do anythng to pull us down. Its not about credible candidates. Moreover ppl keep classifying the norh as one single united tribe which shows how ignorant a lot of us here are. They have more ethnic groups than the south. Finally for the denouncers of the zoning system espcially the minority groups it would be ignorant to think in a free and fair election in Nigeria any minority would win. We all know the typical nigerians pysche in relations to ethnicity (thanks to awo) with the disadvantage of numbers it would be a miracle to legitimately win an election. Let's learn to keep agreements. Pesonally irrespective of all the media hypes I think ibb may not be an angel but reckless anticidents have shown him to be a progresive unlike most northern. conservativs which explains y he surounded himself with a lot of minorities especially from the south. I stand on zoning as a lot of ppl argue dishonestly that zh was neverimplemented.I try to imagine sometimes what majority of southerners would have said if obj died in office.
Is your assumption based on a few people in an area? you can't judge an area based on a few stupid people. for example, i think if i should go to SE, they would probably call me an Yoruba. that does not mean i should dislike all igbos i see or they dislike all yorubas.
THE MOMENT WE START SEEING OURSELVES AS BROTHERS, THE BETTER!!! stereotype is popular among people. it is normal but with time, it would go. smiley
Moreover, i think the nation regards SE and SS as brothers.
Re: Will Jonathan Hand Over To An Ibo In 2015? by T9ksy(m): 6:37pm On Oct 12, 2010
Quote from: revolt on Today at 02:14:15 PM
We all know the typical nigerians pysche in relations to ethnicity (thanks to awo)

And what the hell is the above supposed to mean? Why can't u guys just state ur points without having a dig at Pa Awo for standing up to ur hegemony? This is why that elusive unity between us will always be capitalised on and utilised to our mutual detriment by the northerners just as the sardunna did, 5 decades ago. Ur ilk just refused to learn from past events. Omase- what a pity!
Re: Will Jonathan Hand Over To An Ibo In 2015? by ChinenyeN(m): 12:01am On Oct 13, 2010
Dede1:

Ndigbo should forget about the inutile presidency of the cesspit called Nigeria and concentrate on the means to disintegrate the colonial contraption as well strategize on measures to defend Alaigbo and neighboring Ibibio, Annang and Ogoni in case peace gives way to chaos.
Thank You. I still am yet to truly grasp why the same Igbo who have secession and sovereignty in mind, want to come and put 'one of their own' in office. I've said before, and I'll keep saying it. Presidency ought not be a priority.

OUK running for throne office? Haha. This world. . .
Re: Will Jonathan Hand Over To An Ibo In 2015? by revolt(m): 2:00pm On Oct 13, 2010
Like I said ill state the obvious. There is no se SS unity. They hate us even more than the northerners who have inflicted and meted out so much injustice on them. Perhaps you may need to visit the SS. They don't even accept the igbos in delta. That's how much they hate igbos. For no reason or justification just envy.
Re: Will Jonathan Hand Over To An Ibo In 2015? by Dede1(m): 4:54pm On Oct 13, 2010
revolt:

Like I said ill state the obvious. There is no se SS unity. They hate us even more than the northerners who have inflicted and meted out so much injustice on them. Perhaps you may need to visit the SS. They don't even accept the igbos in delta. That's how much they hate igbos. For no reason or justification just envy.

Bros, as you rightfully stated in your post, I am not into these goofy nomenclatures such as SS, NN, NNE or NNW. If it is the Efik, Ijo, Urhobo or Itsekiri that exudes hatred towards Ndigbo, such group should be stated publicly instead of the so-called SS. There is no doubt of nonexistence of political middle ground between the people of southern Nigeria. I have no intentions to encourage any form of mutual political understanding among the people of southern Nigeria this time around.
Re: Will Jonathan Hand Over To An Ibo In 2015? by wesley80(m): 5:05pm On Oct 13, 2010
revolt:

Just listen to your silly self!

Dede1:

Bros, as you rightfully stated in your post, I am not into these goofy nomenclatures such as SS, NN, NNE or NNW. If it’s the Efik, Ijo, Urhobo or Itsekiri that exudes hatred towards Ndigbo, such group should be stated publicly instead of the so-called SS. There is no doubt of nonexistence political middle ground between the people of southern Nigeria. I have no intentions to encourage any form of mutual political understanding among the people of southern Nigeria this time around.

Who cares about what you're interested in?
Re: Will Jonathan Hand Over To An Ibo In 2015? by Onlytruth(m): 5:20pm On Oct 13, 2010
Dede1:

Bros, as you rightfully stated in your post, I am not into these goofy nomenclatures such as SS, NN, NNE or NNW. If it’s the Efik, Ijo, Urhobo or Itsekiri that exudes hatred towards Ndigbo, such group should be stated publicly instead of the so-called SS. There is no doubt of nonexistence political middle ground between the people of southern Nigeria. I have no intentions to encourage any form of mutual political understanding among the people of southern Nigeria this time around.

Well said.

From my experience of nairaland, there is really only one ethnic group that fuel that suspicion against Ndigbo. That tribe is Ijaw. Let's keep things in proper focus. SS is what I call a "halfway house". One day it will attain socio-ethnic homogeneity. By that I mean, troublesome tribes will be carved out to stay on their own. In the history of eastern and southern Nigeria, only the Ijaw had taken up arms against their neighbors, be it Igbo in Biafra or Itshekiri.
Re: Will Jonathan Hand Over To An Ibo In 2015? by excanny: 7:07pm On Oct 13, 2010
ChinenyeN:

Thank You. I still am yet to truly grasp why the same Igbo who have secession and sovereignty in mind, want to come[b] and put 'one of their own' in office. I've said before, and I'll keep saying it. Presidency ought not be a priority[/b].

OUK running for throne office? Haha. This world. . .

Making the presidency a priority is not only to gain political advantages, but with it comes the economic advantages.

I can sit down and start telling you how many Igbo businesses that had been affected adversely by political regimes who dont look out for their welfare. I am really concerned about this presidency of a thing for economic reasons.

Igbos cannot just be spectators in the political field, watching while others make political policies that benefit the walks of life that their people are involved in. The OBJ administration imposed certain embargoes that truncated some Igbo businesses to the extent that they could no longer find their bearing. When Yaradua came into power, he lifted some of these bans in a way that favoured businesses of the northerners.

Who is watching out for the Igbos?

This is the reason why you need to get one of your own, or someone who is on your side, to be at where the decisions are being made.
Re: Will Jonathan Hand Over To An Ibo In 2015? by Dede1(m): 7:59pm On Oct 13, 2010
^^^ Last time I checked though, Nigeria is under democratic system of government. The presidency does not create laws that affect you and me but formulates policies which are subject to debate especially at the National Assembly. The economic policies that will have adverse or favorable effect on Ndigbo do not necessarily flow from the presidency. In fact, greater numbers of such policies emanate from National Assembly where laws that govern Nigeria are erected. So I do not think presidency should be the priority of Ndigbo except those who think going to Aso Rock is feat that must be accomplished.
Re: Will Jonathan Hand Over To An Ibo In 2015? by ChinenyeN(m): 8:09pm On Oct 13, 2010
*sigh* So is the Assembly not independent? Are governors worthless in the scheme of things? Do states not relatively make their own decisions, or does federal oversee all state budgets, plans, committees, laws, etc.? Can various Igbo businesses not form some kind of joint coalition, to aid each other? If I didn't know any better, I'd say that Nigeria is a kingdom/dictatorship, and quite frankly, this continuous eyeing of the throne annoys me, but I guess, what more can one expect from a construct that seems overly centralized.
Re: Will Jonathan Hand Over To An Ibo In 2015? by seanet02: 8:11pm On Oct 13, 2010
with the way ojkuwu is behaving
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Re: Will Jonathan Hand Over To An Ibo In 2015? by Dede1(m): 9:01pm On Oct 13, 2010
seanet02:

with the way ojkuwu is behaving
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Shut your putrid mouth up, monkey. Is Ojukwu’s behavior the final arbiter on who gets the presidential mantle?
Re: Will Jonathan Hand Over To An Ibo In 2015? by Onlytruth(m): 10:00pm On Oct 13, 2010
ChinenyeN:

*sigh* So is the Assembly not independent? Are governors worthless in the scheme of things? Do states not relatively make their own decisions, or does federal oversee all state budgets, plans, committees, laws, etc.? Can various Igbo businesses not form some kind of joint coalition, to aid each other? If I didn't know any better, I'd say that Nigeria is a kingdom/dictatorship, and quite frankly, this continuous eyeing of the throne annoys me, but I guess, what more can one expect from a construct that seems overly centralized.

Ordinarily I would agree with most of your points here, but, there is more to Nigeria than those things. undecided

If you take a close look, among almost all Nigerian millionaires, only the Igbo millionaires made their money without any government "aid". Show me a Hausa/Fulani, Yoruba or even Niger delta millionaire, and I will show you when his/her hand was in Nigeria's coffers. undecided

Now, the  problem does not stop there, it goes much further. Like excanny tried to explain, if our problem is that we need to survive on a leveled field where every Nigerian hustles to make it, then we have no problem at all! cool cool

The problem has been a situation whereby Nigerian presidents (Obasanjo in particular) used as much presidential fiat as possible to kill most "millionaire status" Igbo businesses. It did not start with Obasanjo. He only raised the level a bit higher. If other Nigerians ride on the back of the federal government to become millionaires, why not Ndigbo too? Are we not Nigerians?

Another point is that Nigerian presidents through the years after the war ensured that Igboland lacks international access and federal projects (which normally enrich individuals in their catchment areas).

This is really a no-brainer. If Ndigbo must continue to stay in Nigeria and aspire to be the best (like everybody else), we need to handle the presidency for at least 8 years.  cool

If that doesn't happen, then, we must use every resources at our disposal to break away from Nigeria. No hard feelings.
Re: Will Jonathan Hand Over To An Ibo In 2015? by ChinenyeN(m): 10:26pm On Oct 13, 2010
If that's how & why you all see fit to proceed, then alright, I guess.
Re: Will Jonathan Hand Over To An Ibo In 2015? by excanny: 11:44pm On Oct 13, 2010
Dede1:

^^^ Last time I checked though, Nigeria is under democratic system of government. The presidency does not create laws that affect you and me but formulates policies which are subject to debate especially at the National Assembly. The economic policies that will have adverse or favorable effect on Ndigbo do not necessarily flow from the presidency. In fact, greater numbers of such policies emanate from National Assembly where laws that govern Nigeria are erected.  So I do not think presidency should be the priority of Ndigbo except those who think going to Aso Rock is feat that must be accomplished.

I agree with that, in theory, this is how affairs are to be run.

But come to think of it, most of those laws and policies are heavily influenced by the President, since he gives the accent to turn such bills into laws. The National Assembly would not risk coming up with bills that the President would be averse to. Such policies will end up never seeing the light of day.

Have you ever wondered why the likes of Femi Otedola and Jimoh Ibrahim are busy rooting for GJ? The reason is not far-fetched. If GJ becomes the next president, their good turns will deserve many others. That is why you dont just sit down and watch. I hope Ifeanyi Ubah and other Igbo businesses understands what these kinds of politicking translates into and look for ways in the future to play their cards right.

I hope i'm not just ranting. My journalistic abilities are not so polished.
Re: Will Jonathan Hand Over To An Ibo In 2015? by Onlytruth(m): 12:34am On Oct 14, 2010
excanny:

I agree with that, in theory, this is how affairs are to be run.

But come to think of it, most of those laws and policies are heavily influenced by the President, since he gives the accent to turn such bills into laws. The National Assembly would not risk coming up with bills that the President would be averse to. Such policies will end up never seeing the light of day.

Have you ever wondered why the likes of Femi Otedola and Jimoh Ibrahim are busy rooting for GJ? The reason is not far-fetched. If GJ becomes the next president, their good turns will deserve many others. That is why you dont just sit down and watch. I hope Ifeanyi Ubah and other Igbo businesses understands what these kinds of politicking translates into and look for ways in the future to play their cards right.

I hope i'm not just ranting. My journalistic abilities are not so polished.

You are not ranting.

The difference between the Otedolas, Jimoh Ibrahim and a Ifeanyi Uba is that both Otedola and Ibrahim come from a section of Nigeria that understands these things and have maneuvered themselves to strategic relevance through the years, while the Igbo have been busy seeking justice and equity for all in Nigeria.
Without an Obasanjo -who empowered these guys greatly- I wonder whether they could have done much on their own. That is the point I'm trying to make here.
That Jonathan will play softly with Otedola or Ibrahim is not just because those guys payed into his campaign. It is more because Obasanjo will ring his balls if he doesn't. So out of fear of Obasanjo, Jonathan won't dare touch those guys.
We have no such powerful person in Igboland. If Ifeanyi Uba spends his money to support Jonathan, there is no guarantee that he would play ball to secure his business interests, because I have not seen that Igboman that Jonathan fears. Let's keep things in proper perspective.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The International Community Condemns The Killing Of Nigerians In Libya / Understanding The Politcs Of Achebeism / Akpabio On Rampage: Plots Jonathan's Impeachment, Invites Tambuwal To Aks To Fin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.