Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,808 members, 7,827,974 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 08:31 PM

Adegoke Adelabu: Super Eagles lack tactics, toying with our emotions - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Adegoke Adelabu: Super Eagles lack tactics, toying with our emotions (24544 Views)

Emotions As Bukayo Saka Visits Grandparents In Kwara State (Photos) / Neymar: Lack Of Money And Food Pushed Me To Become A Successful Footballer / Our Tactics Made Life Difficult For South Africa, Says Nigeria Coach Rohr (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Adegoke Adelabu: Super Eagles lack tactics, toying with our emotions by fergie001: 8:37am On Jul 09, 2019
Former International, Adegoke Adelabu has said the Super Eagles’ unstable performance at the ongoing African Cup of nations (AFCON) in Egypt has made them an unpredictable side.

Nigeria progressed to the quarterfinal of the competition after a 3-2 slim win over the defending champions, the Lions of Cameroun played at the Alexandria Stadium in Egypt on Saturday. Nigeria ended the Group B of the AFCON as runner up, losing 0-2 to debutants, Madagascar, after beating both Burundi and Guinea 1-0 during the group stage of the tournament.

However, the Eagles bounced back by sending the defending champions, Cameroun out of the AFCON in the Round of 16. Speaking to The Guardian yesterday, Adelabu said the Eagles always come up with surprises when you least expect something good from them, adding that one cannot say specifically the tactics and formation the team has adopted so far in the championship.

“By now, people are supposed to have understood the Eagles, especially the one we have in Egypt. And that is the major problem we have about our national team that has played four matches and yet you cannot pinpoint the strength of the team. “It is at a time when you have lost hope in the Eagles, that you will see them spring a surprise by performing one kind of wonder. You won’t even know how they did it because all you know is that they have won the match. How they did it remains a misery because you can’t be able to say it,” he said.

Adelabu added: “As a sports scientist, I was trained to read matches by Eagles’ former coach, the late Otto Gloria. He helped me on how to read matches and from there I developed interest. I know a team that is planning and a team that is not.

“The only thing that is working for the Eagles is that whether they plan or not, any team that wants to beat them must control the game. We win even when we don’t know how they did it. This is because once their opponent makes any mistake, you just see them score.

“I always believe that God looks at the emotions of Nigerians and decide to give them victory. That is how you know that they don’t have any plan because you won’t see any tactical plan or changes in their games. All you see them do is run round the pitch and the next thing you see them scoring cheap goal(s). I think God always uses these wins to compensate us.”He said it is still a mystery that the team have had modest success even when they have not worked for it.

“How can you sit down to watch your country play and you cannot look at the team and say this is what they are doing from the coach’s inputs. These Eagles are just playing with the emotions of Nigerians because Nigerians’ expectation is high based on what we have achieved in the past. I know one day we will get it right,” he stated.

https://m.guardian.ng/sport/these-eagles-are-playing-with-our-emotions-says-adelabu/

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adegoke Adelabu: Super Eagles lack tactics, toying with our emotions by Ernerstdavid55(m): 8:49am On Jul 09, 2019
I want to dedicate dis FTC to my luvly mum nd girlfriend tnk u all for believing in me.with dis ftc am going to build a house nd envest in it.tnk u nd tnk God grin grin grin . Mbok Las Las na 100 naira seun give me

15 Likes

Re: Adegoke Adelabu: Super Eagles lack tactics, toying with our emotions by Ernerstdavid55(m): 8:51am On Jul 09, 2019
I can smell heart break grin

3 Likes

Re: Adegoke Adelabu: Super Eagles lack tactics, toying with our emotions by fergie001: 10:01am On Jul 09, 2019
Ernerstdavid55:
I can smell heart break grin
Abeg, better don't smell anything.....
That's what is putting the temporary smiles on the nation...mbok

34 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adegoke Adelabu: Super Eagles lack tactics, toying with our emotions by COURVOISier(m): 11:18am On Jul 09, 2019
grin
Re: Adegoke Adelabu: Super Eagles lack tactics, toying with our emotions by materialproject: 11:18am On Jul 09, 2019
grin

We are slow like our ......

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adegoke Adelabu: Super Eagles lack tactics, toying with our emotions by loomer: 11:19am On Jul 09, 2019
At least One more game of heartache

3 Likes

Re: Adegoke Adelabu: Super Eagles lack tactics, toying with our emotions by noble2faith(m): 11:19am On Jul 09, 2019
He has a point though!

7 Likes

Re: Adegoke Adelabu: Super Eagles lack tactics, toying with our emotions by 01mcfadden(m): 11:19am On Jul 09, 2019
Huh

These guys are in the quarter final, negative energies like this should be far away from them.

Teams that qualified with 9 points in the group stage are no where to be found, cut these guys some slack.

71 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adegoke Adelabu: Super Eagles lack tactics, toying with our emotions by Realist5: 11:19am On Jul 09, 2019
Sports
Re: Adegoke Adelabu: Super Eagles lack tactics, toying with our emotions by hahn(m): 11:19am On Jul 09, 2019
Normal levels. Super Eagles always disappoint with their mediocre style of football.

What do you expect from a mediocre loving nation?

4 Likes

Re: Adegoke Adelabu: Super Eagles lack tactics, toying with our emotions by Xclusivedaniel6(m): 11:20am On Jul 09, 2019
calling a spade a spade

1 Like

Re: Adegoke Adelabu: Super Eagles lack tactics, toying with our emotions by fergie001: 11:21am On Jul 09, 2019
materialproject:
grin

We are slow like our ......
You must complete am grin grin grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adegoke Adelabu: Super Eagles lack tactics, toying with our emotions by Nobody: 11:21am On Jul 09, 2019
. The style of play doesn't give one anything positive to look forward to.

Drab eagles scraping through wins like we're a primary school team

5 Likes

Re: Adegoke Adelabu: Super Eagles lack tactics, toying with our emotions by UltraSphinx(m): 11:21am On Jul 09, 2019
As I see Adegoke Adelabu
fear catch me o!
I think say "peculiar mess" Don rise from the dead

9 Likes

Re: Adegoke Adelabu: Super Eagles lack tactics, toying with our emotions by Pes13: 11:22am On Jul 09, 2019
I noticed the way they were loading long passes uncordinated against Cameroon.

They lost passes unnecessarily. The midfield was very porous, and was controlled by the indomitable lions.

3 Likes

Re: Adegoke Adelabu: Super Eagles lack tactics, toying with our emotions by ritux: 11:23am On Jul 09, 2019
This team is certainly not good.

I don't understand the problem with us blacks in terms of development.

Take a look at Spain who won the Euros in 2008, went on to win the World Cup in 2010 and I think another Euros in 2012.

Exactly a year ago, we had a team we admired in the world cup. Even though we went out in the group stage, most Nigerians were impressed with their performance especially against Iceland and Argentina who prevented us from going to the next round. Just one year down the line, we have a struggling team that cannot even beat Madagascar. We were just fortunate to defeat Cameroon and I just hope South Africa does not expose us. I would have rather played Egypt and this SA team.

A defeat to Egypt will be less painful than a defeat in the hands of SA.

10 Likes

Re: Adegoke Adelabu: Super Eagles lack tactics, toying with our emotions by Drey1: 11:23am On Jul 09, 2019
I for talk say wetin that one know, person wey suppose still dey take breast milk from his wife .

But its a pity Naira land is using all these as a bait for us to click on there link without getting paid back.They knew if they put one ordinary name there, most people won't care to click or read it, They now deceive us with one politician name, Even if i click on any site or put out my opinion on pollpay, I still get paid for it. Seun is too stingy faa, He only collect the money and clean mouth, No give away whatsoever..... Seun should repent cos The kingdom of God is near. Ye shall not chop alone says the .........
For those hustlers like me

If you're good at typing, then you can earn more by joining this link. No money is required, but just your skill and commitment.

https://pillowbux.com/join/e8e4f5ce

2 Likes

Re: Adegoke Adelabu: Super Eagles lack tactics, toying with our emotions by Nobody: 11:23am On Jul 09, 2019
01mcfadden:
Huh

These guys are in the quarter final, negative energies like this should be far away from them.

Teams that qualified with 9 points in the group stage are no where to be found, cut these guys some slack.
The italians play catennacio
The germans have mentality
The english have physicality
The ex player is right
Nigeria have no pattern of play
Rohr is not the coach to take us forward

16 Likes

Re: Adegoke Adelabu: Super Eagles lack tactics, toying with our emotions by maxtop(m): 11:23am On Jul 09, 2019
Who is he ? What team or club does he play for ? Never heard of any Adegoke Adelabu before
Re: Adegoke Adelabu: Super Eagles lack tactics, toying with our emotions by luizkyworld(m): 11:25am On Jul 09, 2019
Simply put, they lack coordination. All of them seem to be making silli mistakes. But since, we de win no wahala sha

2 Likes

Re: Adegoke Adelabu: Super Eagles lack tactics, toying with our emotions by baratech: 11:25am On Jul 09, 2019
Eyah
Re: Adegoke Adelabu: Super Eagles lack tactics, toying with our emotions by Benekruku(m): 11:25am On Jul 09, 2019
Hakeem Olajuwon remains the best coach within Nigeria's reach

NFF should sign-on the dude.
Re: Adegoke Adelabu: Super Eagles lack tactics, toying with our emotions by TOPCRUISE(m): 11:25am On Jul 09, 2019
Well said. Evey of their matches are 50-50 chance of winning.
Re: Adegoke Adelabu: Super Eagles lack tactics, toying with our emotions by TOPCRUISE(m): 11:26am On Jul 09, 2019
Benekruku:

You mean a retired basketball player. Have you been drinking undecided

15 Likes

Re: Adegoke Adelabu: Super Eagles lack tactics, toying with our emotions by Benekruku(m): 11:26am On Jul 09, 2019
TOPCRUISE:

Have you been drinking undecided

lightly.

1 Like

Re: Adegoke Adelabu: Super Eagles lack tactics, toying with our emotions by AmazingELixir: 11:27am On Jul 09, 2019
grin grin grin

That is why they are coming back after Wednesday's game...Mandela boys will certainly send them packing.

1 Like

Re: Adegoke Adelabu: Super Eagles lack tactics, toying with our emotions by Viking007(m): 11:28am On Jul 09, 2019
Very funny article. cheesy We truly don't have any tactics or coordination. We just play anywhere 'belle face'.

2 Likes

Re: Adegoke Adelabu: Super Eagles lack tactics, toying with our emotions by 01mcfadden(m): 11:29am On Jul 09, 2019
kyjuan99:

The italians play catennacio
The germans have mentality
The english have physicality
The ex player is right
Nigeria have no pattern of play
Rohr is not the coach to take us forward
Then you should wait till we are out.

We are still in the competition.
Some times, winners don't really play they just win.

3 Likes

Re: Adegoke Adelabu: Super Eagles lack tactics, toying with our emotions by MYHUBBY: 11:30am On Jul 09, 2019
Nigerians don't know game is luck that's why big team loss sometimes and small team win

we should pray we should be on luck side tomorrow lobatan
Re: Adegoke Adelabu: Super Eagles lack tactics, toying with our emotions by martineverest(m): 11:31am On Jul 09, 2019
Benekruku:

too much weed

5 Likes

Re: Adegoke Adelabu: Super Eagles lack tactics, toying with our emotions by malakaimoscondo: 11:32am On Jul 09, 2019
fergie001:

Abeg, better don't smell anything.....
That's what is putting the temporary smiles on the nation...mbok
God bless you sir,u speak my mind....there is power in football..I think the only thing making me feel like a Nigerian is the super eagles for now so dis guys must work hard not to break our heart.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

AFCON 2021 Draw Today At 7pm / Orla Melissa Sloan Admits Stalking Mason Mount After He Broke Up With Her / National Basketball Team Sleep Out In The Cold Ahead Of FIBA Afrocan Mali -photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.