Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,770 members, 7,817,130 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:44 AM

Help! Help! Help My Family!!!. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Help! Help! Help My Family!!!. (2994 Views)

There Is No Need For DNA Test, There Is Love In My Family - Woman Says (Video) / I Want To Get Married But My Family Is Insisting I Must Settle Everybody First / My New Wife Hates My Family Without Provocation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help! Help! Help My Family!!!. by sonmasuccess: 9:11am On Jul 09, 2019
Post taken down. Thanks to all .
Re: Help! Help! Help My Family!!!. by keepingmum: 9:59am On Jul 09, 2019
sonmasuccess:
Good morning Good people of Nairaland.

We are at the verge of loosing our home, my heart is failing please help me.

Our rent expired over 8 Months ago and in a few days we may become homeless.

My husband has been out of job for over a year, after surviving a surgery. As if that's not enough, I was sacked at work due to economic reasons.
God knows I'm not a lazy woman. The last salary I got from work, I used it to buy some wrappers from Togo to start an online clothing store on Jumia. Sonma Clothing.The business is still incubating and have not recouped up to 10% capital.

The court issued a summon and subsequently vacation notice to us and our deadline is this week.

We are down to nothing, have exhausted all options hence I decided run to you people for help. I have always been a guest reader here.
Please help me.

We have two kids, the apartment is a 3 bedroom costing 400,000, as it is, we don't mind a 1 bedroom.
I have attached proofs of the court summon and I'm open to further verification. Location is satellite town.

[/b] Account details

Success Ojini Nkemdilichi
Diamond Bank

[b]

May God bless all of you as you turn up for me.
May God wipe tears from your homes as you wipe mine. For those seeking children, may God open ur wombs as you save my children the trauma of becoming homeless.

Thank you.

Mods please help me move to front page.
Cc lalasticlala mynd44 Dominique Royalroy

I empathise with you and your challenges but in clear terms, what exactly do you need? 400k to pay rent? a job for yourself and your hubby? a job just for you or your hubby? Which is it?

You mentioned 1 bedroom - there is 1bed for 30k a year and 1 bed for 1.5million a year - so which of the 1 bed's are you referring to??

Have you looked at flats and decided on the one that suits you best? What type of surgery did your hubby have thats kept him out of a job for over a year?

2 Likes

Re: Help! Help! Help My Family!!!. by sonmasuccess: 10:07am On Jul 09, 2019
keepingmum:

I empathise with you and your challenges but in clear terms, what exactly do you need? 400k to pay rent? a job for yourself and your hubby? a job just for you or your hubby? Which is it?

You mentioned 1 bedroom - there is 1bed for 30k a year and 1 bed for 1.5million a year - so which of the 1 bed's are you referring to??

Have you looked at flats and decided on the one that suits you best? What type of surgery did your hubby have thats kept him out of a job for over a year?

We have looked around for cheaper accommodation options. We got a 1 bedroom for 200,000 around our neighbourhood .

I'm also open for a job offer
Re: Help! Help! Help My Family!!!. by Nigga44: 10:20am On Jul 09, 2019
ok
Re: Help! Help! Help My Family!!!. by ogawisdom(m): 11:53am On Jul 09, 2019
Honestly I am very sorry for your present predicament.

I can only give you advice ie for you and your husband to hustle for a stable source of living and turn down to your present economic realities.

Any house above 72k is too costly in your present state, ie 2 rooms in a public yard

Beg friends, family, church members, relatives, pastors

Life is full of ups n down

How can u be living in a house that costs 400k when your husband has no stable investment? Lesson for ppl reading, u must force urself to live below your income for years to enable one to grow.

10 Likes

Re: Help! Help! Help My Family!!!. by ifyalways(f): 3:13pm On Jul 09, 2019
3 bedroom flat for husband(sick) , non working wife and two kids. None of you or people close to you adviced you guys to subtly sublet out one or two of the rooms for atleast 100K each to help offset the bill?

You got some cash, instead of trading on things like foodstuff(daily sales gauranteed) you went to sale clothes?

Bad decisions all through.

Going forward, ask your family and relatives for help and look for a mini flat(one bedroom). It must not be within your immediate locality .Maybe Agboju area. 100K at most for total package and start your lives afresh . If that one no work maybe it's time to relocate to the village and re-strategize.

The landlord sef go don suffer. One year or more rent lost, plus money spent in court. Why did he need court order to get you guys out? Strong head on top another man house.

God help us all

9 Likes

Re: Help! Help! Help My Family!!!. by ahnie: 4:05pm On Jul 09, 2019
May helpers locate you asap.
Re: Help! Help! Help My Family!!!. by izzou(m): 4:50pm On Jul 09, 2019
ifyalways:
3 bedroom flat for husband(sick) , non working wife and two kids. None of you or people close to you adviced you guys to subtly sublet out one or two of the rooms for atleast 100K each to help offset the bill?

You got some cash, instead of trading on things like foodstuff(daily sales gauranteed) you went to sale clothes?

Going forward, ask your family and relatives for help and look for a mini flat(one bedroom). It must not be within your immediate locality .Maybe Agboju area. 100K at most for total package and start your lives afresh . If that one no work maybe it's time to relocate to the village and re-strategize.

The landlord sef go don suffer. One year or more rent lost, plus money spent in court. Why did he need court order to get you guys out? Strong head on top another man house.

God help us all

grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Help! Help! Help My Family!!!. by 2mch(m): 4:55pm On Jul 09, 2019
The name on the bank account is not the same as the defendants name on the summons. So, are you a tenant in that house? Are you married to this man or this is a scam?

3 Likes

Re: Help! Help! Help My Family!!!. by chii8(f): 4:59pm On Jul 09, 2019
You mustn't also stay in satellite area,move down to Okoko area,Ajangbadi,Shibiri or Iyana-era(towards Agbara)....you will survive there,cost of living is expensive at satellite,you even waited these long to make this decision,I always tell people, while looking for the big job,engage in the little ones first.Your local church knows you better, they should be of help,friends too.(your landlord is really patient)

N/b:your account details and the name on eviction notice doesn't correlate, explain more.

2 Likes

Re: Help! Help! Help My Family!!!. by kowema(f): 5:22pm On Jul 09, 2019
ifyalways:

God help us all

Did she say her husband was sick?.
He went tru and operation is what she said.

Some of you react insensitively to issues.
For someone to come at the last minute to ask for help should paint a picture that she has exhausted all options.
The probably had things going on smoothly before it became rough.

Let's be sensitive please.
@OP, may God see you tru. I'd send my own might cus I've been there before.

7 Likes

Re: Help! Help! Help My Family!!!. by tabithababy(f): 5:43pm On Jul 09, 2019
sonmasuccess:
Good morning Good people of Nairaland.

We are at the verge of loosing our home, my heart is failing please help me.

Our rent expired over 8 Months ago and in a few days we may become homeless.

My husband has been out of job for over a year, after surviving a surgery. As if that's not enough, I was sacked at work due to economic reasons.
God knows I'm not a lazy woman. The last salary I got from work, I used it to buy some wrappers from Togo to start an online clothing store on Jumia. Sonma Clothing.The business is still incubating and have not recouped up to 10% capital.

The court issued a summon and subsequently vacation notice to us and our deadline is this week.

We are down to nothing, have exhausted all options hence I decided run to you people for help. I have always been a guest reader here.
Please help me.

We have two kids, the apartment is a 3 bedroom costing 400,000, as it is, we don't mind a 1 bedroom.
I have attached proofs of the court summon and I'm open to further verification. Location is satellite town.

[/b] Account details

Success Ojini Nkemdilichi
Diamond Bank

[b]

May God bless all of you as you turn up for me.
May God wipe tears from your homes as you wipe mine. For those seeking children, may God open ur wombs as you save my children the trauma of becoming homeless.

Thank you.

Mods please help me move to front page.
Cc lalasticlala mynd44 Dominique Royalroy

Sorry for your predicament

Why don't you use your old username since you know all the mods. it might help

1 Like

Re: Help! Help! Help My Family!!!. by mezarddinny: 5:51pm On Jul 09, 2019
why do Nigerian tenants like frustrating owners like this? I am experiencing the same, when they come to rent the house, it is hitch free but when you tell them to move out after they have owed you for long, they start forming strong head. you and your husband don't have a job yet you stayed put in another mans house without no hope of payment, if na Una employer no give Una salary for 3 months, wahala go don burst.

my advice for you is to move to your village and start farming at least you will get a cheaper room and free land or cheap lease, no be by force to stay for lag abeg

8 Likes

Re: Help! Help! Help My Family!!!. by Pavore9: 5:59pm On Jul 09, 2019
Registered a new username to solicit for funds.

Name of account holder not in any way relating to name on the notice!

Sell off some of your household items (unless you have been living in an empty 3 bedroom flat) and look for a 2 room face me I face you, move in and restart your life from there as the pressure of high rent will be off you and your husband.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help! Help! Help My Family!!!. by sonmasuccess: 6:04pm On Jul 09, 2019
chii8:
You mustn't also stay in satellite area,move down to Okoko area,Ajangbadi,Shibiri or Iyana-era(towards Agbara)....you will survive there,cost of living is expensive at satellite,you even waited these long to make this decision,I always tell people, while looking for the big job,engage in the little ones first.Your local church knows you better, they should be of help,friends too.(your landlord is really patient)

N/b:your account details and the name on eviction notice doesn't correlate, explain more.

I am not a scammer. The name on those papers is my husband's. I opened my account when I was single and all my major certificates are still in my maiden name. I have attached my marriage certificate.
Re: Help! Help! Help My Family!!!. by kowema(f): 6:09pm On Jul 09, 2019
sonmasuccess:

I am not a scammer. The name on those papers is my husband's. I opened my account when I was single and all my major certificates are still in my maiden name. I have attached my marriage certificate.

Chai!.
What people have to go through to get help.
So tay you attached marriage Certificate to prove.

Op pls remove ur marriage Certificate ASAP.
You have posted ur account is in ur maiden name it's ok. Post ur phone number, anybody that wikl help u and needs verification would call.
May helpers locate you in Jesus name.
Stay strong, help will come. One more day can make a huge difference.

2 Likes

Re: Help! Help! Help My Family!!!. by elektra(f): 6:11pm On Jul 09, 2019
kowema:

He went tru and operation is what she said.

Some of you react insensitively to issues.
For someone to come at the[b] last minute[/b] to ask for help should paint a picture that she has exhausted all options.
The probably had things going on smoothly before it became rough.

Let's be sensitive please.
@OP, may God see you tru. I'd send my own might cus I've been there before.

The insensitive person her is the OP that comfortably balanced in someone’s house for 8 months without paying. Last minute was before their rent ended, then they waited 8 months so tay the owner had to go to court for his/her own property. If that is not heartlessness I don’t know what is.
OP, if I was in your shoes I will move out of Lagos ASAP. You build yourself a pretty decent life in other less expensive states.

8 Likes

Re: Help! Help! Help My Family!!!. by Nobody: 6:14pm On Jul 09, 2019
sonmasuccess:

I am sorry for your predicament, I pray God will raise help for you but I have 1 question for you.

Are you saying you stayed in another mans house for almost a year and waited for him to spend money on court proceedings to get you to vacate his property due to your not paying rent ?

If you had a house and rented out to tenants and they inturn do not pay you rent and you have to resort to court proceedings to boot them out how would you feel ?

The holy book says, love your neighbour as yourself, so you want to go away with the landlords rent ?

And on your marriage certificate that you posted, it says your profession with that of your husband is a clergy ?

What does clergy mean ? And what do you plan to do with the outstanding rent you have accrued ? And why must you deny the landlord his income by staying pput in his house and compelling him to get a court order to evict you and your family ?

5 Likes

Re: Help! Help! Help My Family!!!. by elektra(f): 6:16pm On Jul 09, 2019
mezarddinny:
why do Nigerian tenants like frustrating owners like this? I am experiencing the same, when they come to rent the house, it is hitch free but when you tell them to move out after they have owed you for long, they start forming strong head. you and your husband don't have a job yet you stayed put in another mans house without no hope of payment, if na Una employer no give Una salary for 3 months, wahala go don burst.

my advice for you is to move to your village and start farming at least you will get a cheaper room and free land or cheap lease, no be by force to stay for lag abeg
I was about to post that exact same thing. I would have moved to village since! There is lots of land to grow your veggies and raise your chickens around your house. Rent is next to nothing! Then start rebuilding your life small small
Re: Help! Help! Help My Family!!!. by sonmasuccess: 6:22pm On Jul 09, 2019
When we came to Lagos, we had our jobs and a business too but things just turned south. Which normal human being would enter a house with the motive to suffer his or her landlord. And thank God my landlord understood and knew us well, that's y we have stayed this long. We didn't plan for this. I can't start saying many things but God knows what am going through. I only came on this platform cos I have exausted all options: church, friends, family, name it.

I will not focus on the negative comments. Bringing my personal life here is not easy for me but it's to show how pressed I am now and this is the dying minute.

1 Like

Re: Help! Help! Help My Family!!!. by kowema(f): 6:28pm On Jul 09, 2019
elektra:

The insensitive person her is the OP that comfortably balanced in someone’s house for 8 months without paying. Last minute was before their rent ended, then they waited 8 months so tay the owner had to go to court for his/her own property. If that is not heartlessness I don’t know what is.
OP, if I was in your shoes I will move out of Lagos ASAP. You build yourself a pretty decent life in other less expensive states.

Do you know the circumstances behind over staying their rent?.
What if they had hopes to pay, what if the Landlord understood. You people saying move to the village blah blah. Really?.

That someone is down doesn't mean they won't rise or that dey had been wretched all along. Help if you can or walk away.

You guys wait till you need help nd the whole world goes logical on you.

People are committing suicide daily and the world keeps saying dey didn't voice out.

Someone voices out now, you people drag them to further gutters

12 Likes

Re: Help! Help! Help My Family!!!. by Nobody: 6:39pm On Jul 09, 2019
sonmasuccess:
When we came to Lagos, we had our jobs and a business too but things just turned south. Which normal human being would enter a house with the motive to suffer his or her landlord. And thank God my landlord understood and knew us well, that's y we have stayed this long. We didn't plan for this. I can't start saying many things but God knows what am going through. I only came on this platform cos I have exausted all options: church, friends, family, name it.

I will not focus on the negative comments. Bringing my personal life here is not easy for me but it's to show how pressed I am now and this is the dying minute.
The marriage certificate you posted shows that you both work as clergy ? What does that mean ?
Re: Help! Help! Help My Family!!!. by ifyalways(f): 6:43pm On Jul 09, 2019
kowema:

Healthy people wake up and walk in for surgery.

Carry your emotional and all what not issues and waltz out of my mentions abeg.

3 Likes

Re: Help! Help! Help My Family!!!. by kowema(f): 7:05pm On Jul 09, 2019
ifyalways:

Healthy people wake up and walk in for surgery.

Carry your emotional and all what not issues and waltz out of my mentions abeg.

My point is, did she say he was sick up up till this moment?.
Cus you said " Sick Husband"

2 Likes

Re: Help! Help! Help My Family!!!. by chii8(f): 7:06pm On Jul 09, 2019
People have every right to ask questions, if you and your friend feel it's negative comment,OK ooo,but I suggested a lot before the name tally ish.

Meanwhile, most towns from the eastern part hold village meetings in Lagos, if you are part of them,they can be of help too.

2 Likes

Re: Help! Help! Help My Family!!!. by keepingmum: 7:07pm On Jul 09, 2019
Op review your priorities and expenses

You and ur hubby are currently jobless - according to you; so you dont really need to live in Lagos at the moment. Pls relocate to your home states.
I appreciate its third term and ur kids may probably be writing or moving class.....immediately after this term, movr out to a state where you have a strong support system

Your clothing biz can be done online as well as in other states

Your hubby would have recuperated by now cos his surgery was one year ago - he needs to get back to hustling for his family.

You have to face the reality that you both may need to squat with relatives till ur finances are in order.....harsh but its reality

Register your kids in a govt sch till the tide changes positively - continue ur clothes biz and if luck shines on u, find a place to rent but spend no more than 30% of ur household income on rent

2 Likes

Re: Help! Help! Help My Family!!!. by Graxie(f): 7:14pm On Jul 09, 2019
@ Op, close this thread and look for help somewhere else, you have already been humiliated by life circumstances, don't allow online people finish your already battered esteem. Madam, if they throw your things out, so be it but stop allowing people to insult your household because of money. Stop.

5 Likes

Re: Help! Help! Help My Family!!!. by kowema(f): 7:18pm On Jul 09, 2019
chii8:
People have every right to ask questions, if you and your friend feel it's negative comment,OK ooo,but I suggested a lot before the name tally ish.

Meanwhile, most towns from the eastern part hold village meetings in Lagos, if you are part of them,they can be of help too.

Valid point @ Village meetings.
OP consider this
Re: Help! Help! Help My Family!!!. by Nobody: 7:32pm On Jul 09, 2019
elektra:

My dear, don't just make me remember,I have 2 stubborn tenants that have refused to pay since 2 yrs now. We are going to surprise them very soon. They will surely pay and pack out overnight. No court, no police. We know how to handle such people.
Wicked people.
Never lived in anybody's house without paying rent as that's day light robbery.
U will suffer and sweat to build a house, some wicked soul will wanna claim right on top your money and sweat.

@topic, no comment.

1 Like

Re: Help! Help! Help My Family!!!. by sisisioge: 7:46pm On Jul 09, 2019
Whew! Interesting!

It is indeed heartless to take advantage of the "understanding" landlord to the point where he had to resort to taking legal actions against you! How disheartening. May God help your family fa...may fortune smile on you. Just try to travel the lightest you can manage right now...cheers.

2 Likes

Re: Help! Help! Help My Family!!!. by Acidosis(m): 7:49pm On Jul 09, 2019
Graxie:
@ Op, close this thread and look for help somewhere else, you have already been humiliated by life circumstances, don't allow online people finish your already battered esteem. Madam, if they throw your things out, so be it but stop allowing people to insult your household because of money. Stop.

What kind of humiliation can be greater than Eviction notice from the court? I think the landlord is the most humiliated person here that deserves a better part of the sentiments.

To the best of my knowledge though, the OP seems genuine. Whoever wants to help can further validate the claims but I strongly see truths in her claims.

The advice also are not out of place btw. She and her family needs all of that.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Help! Help! Help My Family!!!. by tabithababy(f): 7:50pm On Jul 09, 2019
Alternate moniker everywhere shocked

(1) (2) (Reply)

Women Are Lesser Beings / Can You Swear You Did Not Do Any Of This? / 13 Qualities Of A Favoured Woman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 210
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.