Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,518 members, 7,830,535 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 02:37 AM

Women Are Lesser Beings - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Women Are Lesser Beings (3003 Views)

A Lesser Evil: A Wife Who Can't Cook Or A Wife Who Can't Manage The Home / Why Women Are The Weaker Sex And What Men's Roles Are. / Is It Ideal To Go For Someone With A Lesser demanding career than You (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Women Are Lesser Beings by dandydaniels(m): 11:16pm On Sep 28, 2014
"women are lesser beings" ... I made that controversial statement on a post I made earlier "real men don't beat their wives" and I've gotten a baptism of fire as well as few pats on d back

I have this to say about that statement...if it annoyed you, I'm sorry...but I'm not sorry for writing that.

some folks will say he's a typical African man...yea I'm a proud African but that wasn't what influenced me to write that....someone mentioned okonjo iweala and a whole bunch of great women out there....I respect them...honestly I do...infact I tend to respect more women than men...but does that change the fact that they're lesser beings?... someone suggested that I should have used "weaker vessels"...maybe u r right but let me explain why I used that line

every woman's desire is to fall in love with a capable man and get married...don't mind these feminists maintaining a false front...the greatest feminist of d 21st century,Beyonce,is married...LOL

nature or put more explicitly,God,made them to be controlled by men...you don't control things above you...u control things that are LESS than u....and that in fact means that man is a lesser being compared to God

so in essence....what I mean by "women are lesser beings" is that when compared to men,d odds are stacked high against them....nature made it so

so my sisters out there that are pouring vitriols on me, get over it and live with it

2 Likes

Re: Women Are Lesser Beings by dytbabe: 11:19pm On Sep 28, 2014
Ok
Ku oro enu

2 Likes

Re: Women Are Lesser Beings by Nobody: 11:25pm On Sep 28, 2014
Wey my couch?
Re: Women Are Lesser Beings by EfemenaXY: 11:29pm On Sep 28, 2014
dandydaniels:

every woman's desire is to fall in love with a capable man and get married...don't mind these feminists maintaining a false front...the greatest feminist of d 21st century,Beyonce,is married...LOL

Is that what every woman told you?

You speak on behalf of every woman based on what? Your very myopic views?

dandydaniels: nature or put more explicitly,God,made them to be controlled by men...you don't control things above you...u control things that are LESS than u....

Really? How so?

Let's say for the sake of this argument, I haven't got any religious convictions. How're you gonna level with me regarding that statement?

dandydaniels: so in essence....what I mean by "women are lesser beings" is that when compared to men,d odds are stacked high against them....nature made it so

Hogwash.

If your comparism was based on physical strength, then you'd have a shaky leg to stand on.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Women Are Lesser Beings by dandydaniels(m): 11:35pm On Sep 28, 2014
EfemenaXY:

Really? How so?

Let's say for the sake of this argument, I haven't got any religious convictions. How're you gonna level with me regarding that statement?

Hogwash.

If your comarism was based on physical strength, then you'd have a shaky leg to stand on.

whoa....easy there...easy...u love nature right...let's say u believe in evolution....forces of evolution made it so too...why did evolution make women weaker...or in my own analogy, lesser.
I don't believe in ur big bang theory though

1 Like

Re: Women Are Lesser Beings by firestar(f): 11:35pm On Sep 28, 2014
EfemenaXY:

Really? How so?

...?

cheesy

Hogwash.

If your comarism was based on physical strength, then you'd have a shaky leg to stand on.

Hold that thought Efe.

1 Like

Re: Women Are Lesser Beings by firestar(f): 11:36pm On Sep 28, 2014
dandydaniels:

whoa....easy there...easy...u love nature right...let's say u believe in evolution....forces of evolution made it so too...why did evolution make women weaker...or in my own analogy, lesser.
I don't believe in ur big bang theory though

Oh, the so-called Evolutionists, ne?
Re: Women Are Lesser Beings by Nobody: 11:37pm On Sep 28, 2014
Totally wrong. All that you know about the hierarchy of women was taught straight from the Bible, a very biased ancient text book. Women are instinctively beyond men, and men are muscularly more powerful than most women. In the end, intelligence rules the world, whether man or women, genderial barriers are being broken as humans drop religion for a better knowledge base.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Women Are Lesser Beings by EfemenaXY: 11:41pm On Sep 28, 2014
dandydaniels:

whoa....easy there...easy...u love nature right...let's say u believe in evolution....

You shouldn't be making assumptive statements - on my behalf.

My loving nature does not imply that I believe in evolution / Scientology

What I said is: Let's assume for the sake of this argument I haven't got any religious convictions. So how are you going to level with me and convince of your convictions that women are "lesser" than men?

dandydaniels: forces of evolution made it so too...why did evolution make women weaker...or in my own analogy, lesser.

How did evolution make women weaker?

I already pointed out that if you based your statement on physical strength, you might have a shaky leg to stand on as per women are generally weaker than men in terms of physical strength. Nothing new there.

That aside, you haven't yet explained how women are "lesser" than men.

dandydaniels: I don't believe in ur big bang theory though

What makes it my theory?
Re: Women Are Lesser Beings by Babygal4eva(f): 11:45pm On Sep 28, 2014
dandydaniels: "women are lesser beings" ... I made that controversial statement on a post I made earlier "real men don't beat their wives" and I've gotten a baptism of fire as well as few pats on d back

I have this to say about that statement...if it annoyed you, I'm sorry...but I'm not sorry for writing that.

some folks will say he's a typical African man...yea I'm a proud African but that wasn't what influenced me to write that....someone mentioned okonjo iweala and a whole bunch of great women out there....I respect them...honestly I do...infact I tend to respect more women than men...but does that change the fact that they're lesser beings?... someone suggested that I should have used "weaker vessels"...maybe u r right but let me explain why I used that line

nature or put more explicitly,God,made them to be controlled by men...you don't control things above you...u control things that are LESS than u....and that in fact means that man is a lesser being compared to God

so in essence....what I mean by "women are lesser beings" is that when compared to men,d odds are stacked high against them....nature made it so

so my sisters out there that are pouring vitriols on me, get over it and live with it

Smh I have nothing else to say nothing will change ur mind.. the only diff btw a male and a female (apart from anatomical differences) is what that guys are stronger yeah? Please what else?

Lol I would love to see u tell your mother that you think she is a lesser being.

And FYI Beyonce was never the greatest feminist abeg she just sang stupid songs that people considered feministic

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Women Are Lesser Beings by dandydaniels(m): 11:46pm On Sep 28, 2014
EfemenaXY:

You shouldn't be making assumptive statements - on my behalf.

My loving nature does not imply that I believe in evolution / Scientology

What I said is: Let's assume for the sake of this argument I haven't got any religious convictions. So how are you going to level with me and convince of your convictions that women are "lesser" than men?

How did evolution make women weaker?

I already pointed out that if you based your statement on physical strength, you might have a shaky leg to stand on as per women are generally weaker than men in terms of physical strength. Nothing new there.

That aside, you haven't yet explained how women are "lesser" than men.

What makes it my theory?

I didn't imply d big bang theory was yours...just a general statement...u have to forgive me, but I believe a man is what he says "I love nature"

that's by d ways...my dear I don't wish to get in an argument with u
Re: Women Are Lesser Beings by dandydaniels(m): 11:48pm On Sep 28, 2014
Babygal4eva:

Smh I have nothing else to say nothing will change ur mind.. the only diff btw a male and a female (apart from anatomical differences) is what that guys are stronger yeah? Please what else?

Lol I would love to see u tell your mother that you think she is a lesser being.

And FYI Beyonce was never the greatest feminist abeg she just sang stupid songs that people considered feministic

don't involve my mum in this

1 Like

Re: Women Are Lesser Beings by EfemenaXY: 11:52pm On Sep 28, 2014
dandydaniels:

I didn't imply d big bang theory was yours...just a general statement...u have to forgive me, but I believe a man is what he says "I love nature"

that's by d ways...my dear I don't wish to get in an argument with u

We're having a healthy debate.

There are a lot of impressionable young ladies reading this that already have more than enough self-esteem issues to contend with. You've posted an inflammatory topic that does nothing to help them overcome this but rather, encourages them to believe they are second class citizens. So I'm calling you out to defend your stance that women are "lesser" than men. Or can't you?

2 Likes

Re: Women Are Lesser Beings by Babygal4eva(f): 11:56pm On Sep 28, 2014
dandydaniels:

don't involve my mum in this

I'm sorry I didn't mean any disrespect, but she is a woman too and I'm sure she is a strong woman who will likely tap ur head for saying this, ur sisters too are strong independent women who have grown up learning how to support themselves and be a useful addition to the society so have I and my sisters.

I don't know if you can imagine how hurtful it is that we spend the same amount of time in school and college, reading cramming working as hard as guys only to have people say we should get married fast cause we need a man to protect and guide us, that we wasted all that time and if we don't get married or have babies we are man haters or hard ire feminist just because we have careers and guys are intimidated by that, reverse the position and maybe you will understand.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Women Are Lesser Beings by Tallesty1(m): 11:58pm On Sep 28, 2014
Hahahahaha
Re: Women Are Lesser Beings by Stillfire: 11:58pm On Sep 28, 2014
OP ride on! cheesy

Because women easily allude to the superiority of men but get angry when you call them lesser/inferior beings. cheesy
I have had conversations with women that are against gender equality, that feel they are not equal to men, but want to beat me up when I tell them they inadvertently allude to their own inferiority with such outlook in life. Now a man has the effrontery to help frame the words, women should not vex. grin

I 100% believe there are majority lesser beings out there in the form of women! cheesy

8 Likes

Re: Women Are Lesser Beings by dandydaniels(m): 12:00am On Sep 29, 2014
EfemenaXY:

We're having a healthy debate.

There are a lot of impressionable young ladies reading this that already have more than enough self-esteem issues to contend with. You've posted an inflammatory topic that does nothing to help them overcome this but rather, encourages them to believe they are second class citizens. So I'm calling you out to defend your stance that women are "lesser" than men. Or can't you?

don't play with emotions..you are way over that(I guess)
did u really read my text?... "....that means men are lesser beings compared to God" u didn't see that? or u intentionally overlooked it for some ad hominem? in summary my post means.."in this world, women are number 2".. and I'm not being biased here by taking a religious point of view....dat nature u love supports my post..science supports my post...thanks

1 Like

Re: Women Are Lesser Beings by dandydaniels(m): 12:05am On Sep 29, 2014
Babygal4eva:

I'm sorry I didn't mean any disrespect, but she is a woman too and I'm sure she is a strong woman who will likely tap ur head for saying this, ur sisters too are strong independent women who have grown up learning how to support themselves and be a useful addition to the society so have I and my sisters.

I don't know if you can imagine how hurtful it is that we spend the same amount of time in school and college, reading cramming working as hard as guys only to have people say we should get married fast cause we need a man to protect and guide us, that we wasted all that time and if we don't get married or have babies we are man haters or hard ire feminist just because we have careers and guys are intimidated by that, reverse the position and maybe you will understand.

apology accepted...but pls leave family out of this...but isnt that the destiny of every woman?...to be protected by a man who is d head...u can't run away from destiny...u can't run away from fate...an attempt to do so is an aberration

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Women Are Lesser Beings by EfemenaXY: 12:11am On Sep 29, 2014
dandydaniels:

don't play with emotions..you are way over that(I guess)

How am I playing with emotions? Whose emotions? undecided

dandydaniels: did u really read my text?... "....that means men are lesser beings compared to God" u didn't see that? or u intentionally overlooked it for some ad hominem?

Yes, I did read you post hence my asking you to convince me about the truth of your statement assuming I don't do religion. Or is this statement of yours applicable only to the religious? I.e: religious women are lesser than religious men?

dandydaniels: in summary my post means.."in this world, women are number 2"..

Based on what?

dandydaniels: and I'm not being biased here by taking a religious point of view....

But you are being biased and definitely taking a religious stance, otherwise you wouldn't have mentioned God in this, would you? You cannot use an archaic book written over 2000 years ago by some lone nomad in the middle of the desert to form the basis of your argument based in the modern era.

dandydaniels: dat nature u love supports my post..science supports my post...thanks

How does nature and science support your post aside physical strength?

2 Likes

Re: Women Are Lesser Beings by Babygal4eva(f): 12:11am On Sep 29, 2014
dandydaniels:

but isnt that the destiny of every woman?...to be protected by a man who is d head...u can't run away from destiny...u can't run away from fate...an attempt to do so is an aberration

Oh God are u listening to yourself right now, I can't even reply to this level of sexism I'm out of this thread before I'm tempted to say something I'll regret.
Re: Women Are Lesser Beings by Stillfire: 12:12am On Sep 29, 2014

Buhahaha...I would like to hear what women who don't believe in gender equality feel about this. grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Women Are Lesser Beings by dandydaniels(m): 12:18am On Sep 29, 2014
EfemenaXY:

How am I playing with emotions? Whose emotions? undecided

Yes, I did read you post hence my asking you to convince me about the truth of your statement assuming I don't do religion. Or is this statement of yours applicable only to the religious? I.e: religious women are lesser than religious men?

Based on what?

But you are being biased and definitely taking a religious stance, otherwise you wouldn't have mentioned God in this, would you? You cannot use an archaic book written over 2000 years ago by some lone nomad in the middle of the desert to form the basis of your argument based in the modern era.

How does nature and science support your post aside physical strength?

I can't use an archaic book written by lone nomads?... this does not call for insults...u just insulted something I believe in...I thought u were learned enough and we could have a reasonable chitchat...I'm done with u...good day

1 Like

Re: Women Are Lesser Beings by EfemenaXY: 12:18am On Sep 29, 2014
dandydaniels:

apology accepted...but pls leave family out of this...but isnt that the destiny of every woman?...to be protected by a man who is d head...u can't run away from destiny...u can't run away from fate...an attempt to do so is an aberration

I don't believe in destiny and fate.

I believe in free will. I make my own destiny and future, based on the actions and decisions I make today. If I decide to gamble away my life's savings and end up destitute, my resultant circumstance won't be because of "destiny" and "fate", but because of the unwise decision I chose to make of my own free will.

Re: your comment about the destiny of every woman:

~ What do women need protection from?
~ What's this aberration you mention? An aberration of what?
~ Not every woman wishes to get married. There are women out there whose goals and focus in life do not revolve around men. Where did you get that from? Or is that what every woman told you too?

5 Likes

Re: Women Are Lesser Beings by dandydaniels(m): 12:21am On Sep 29, 2014
Babygal4eva:

Oh God are u listening to yourself right now, I can't even reply to this level of sexism I'm out of this thread before I'm tempted to say something I'll regret.

exploring all angles ma'am...I'm not sexist...I wrote something like "I respect more women than men"...does that conjure a sexist image?...

1 Like

Re: Women Are Lesser Beings by EfemenaXY: 12:23am On Sep 29, 2014
dandydaniels:

I can't use an archaic book written by lone nomads?... this does not call for insults...u just insulted something I believe in...I thought u were learned enough and we could have a reasonable chitchat...I'm done with u...good day

There is nothing insultive about my posts. I don't need to get insultive to get my point(s) across.

~ Your bible was written over 2000 years ago. Fact.
~ It was written by men who lived celibate lives. Fact.
~ Many of the scrolls which formed the "books" of the bible were found in jars, buried deep in the sands of the red sea / vicinity close by. Fact

Thank you for your time and good day to you too.
Re: Women Are Lesser Beings by dandydaniels(m): 12:25am On Sep 29, 2014
guess I touched some nerves....you wanna put your frustrations on me...b please!
Re: Women Are Lesser Beings by Babygal4eva(f): 12:26am On Sep 29, 2014
dandydaniels:

exploring all angles ma'am...I'm not sexist...I wrote something like "I respect more women than men"...does that conjure a sexist image?...

You also said that it was a woman's "destiny" to be controlled or protected or ruled by a man, I mean u actually used the word "destiny", come on dude this is the freaking 21st century if you don't realize how sexist that sounds then I have nothing else to say.

1 Like

Re: Women Are Lesser Beings by EfemenaXY: 12:30am On Sep 29, 2014
dandydaniels: guess I touched some nerves....you wanna put your frustrations on me...b please!

Is this directed at me or someone else?
Re: Women Are Lesser Beings by dandydaniels(m): 12:30am On Sep 29, 2014
EfemenaXY:

There is nothing insultive about my posts. I don't need to get insultive to get my point(s) across.

~ Your bible was written over 2000 years ago. Fact.
~ It was written by men who lived celibate lives. Fact.
~ Many of the scrolls which formed the "books" of the bible were found in jars, buried deep in the sands of the red sea / vicinity close by. Fact

Thank you for your time and good day to you too.

a book found in jars that yet breathe life into dead hearts?..a book written by celibate men that gives inspiration?...from first hand experience fellow I'vebcome to believe in that "archaic book" which I chose to call bible and in God too...sorry

1 Like

Re: Women Are Lesser Beings by dandydaniels(m): 12:31am On Sep 29, 2014
Babygal4eva:

You also said that it was a woman's "destiny" to be controlled or protected or ruled by a man, I mean u actually used the word "destiny", come on dude this is the freaking 21st century if you don't realize how sexist that sounds then I have nothing else to say.

fast forward to 31st century it's still d truf
Re: Women Are Lesser Beings by EfemenaXY: 12:34am On Sep 29, 2014
dandydaniels:

a book found in jars that yet breathe life into dead hearts?..a book written by celibate men that gives inspiration?...from first hand experience fellow I'vebcome to believe in that "archaic book" which I chose to call bible and in God too...sorry

So?? undecided

Now whose getting all wound up and emotional here?

Yes, yes, your book may have given you all of that, but that's not the case for everyone. So, once again, how are women lesser than men? You haven't addressed any of the points I raised in response to your writeup - yet.

1 Like

Re: Women Are Lesser Beings by tchigofigo(m): 12:58am On Sep 29, 2014
arguments..,most of which are without premise

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Whats The Maximum You Can Spend On Your Wedding / First Traditional African Gay Wedding / Sweet Message To Mum On Her Birthday..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.