Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,831 members, 7,810,199 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:12 PM

University Of Ibadan Meal Ticket In 1972 (Throwback Photo) - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / University Of Ibadan Meal Ticket In 1972 (Throwback Photo) (47825 Views)

NAIJA THROWBACK! University Of Ibadan Meal Ticket In 1972 / Pirate Confraternity Welcomed Nnamdi Azikwe To University Of Lagos In 1972 / Good Old Days: University Of Ibadan Meal Ticket(photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: University Of Ibadan Meal Ticket In 1972 (Throwback Photo) by ofiko123(m): 3:05am On Jul 10, 2019
Chaii the good old days...
Re: University Of Ibadan Meal Ticket In 1972 (Throwback Photo) by godofuck231: 6:44am On Jul 10, 2019
Before our forefathers failed us and sold the country to shell , aero contractors, british petroleum, Julius berger and more
Re: University Of Ibadan Meal Ticket In 1972 (Throwback Photo) by ImaIma1(f): 10:21am On Jul 10, 2019
Wow!!

Still the same paper for the school receipt decades after.

1 Like

Re: University Of Ibadan Meal Ticket In 1972 (Throwback Photo) by Mbediogu(m): 1:05pm On Jul 10, 2019
Horlaidex:
There was once a country angry

It was terrible when I went to UNN fews years after 1972.

Breakfast was like this.
Bread toasted or fresh with jam or butter.
Sardines or liver or eggs
Coffee / tea / cocoa with a tin of Peak milk per cup.

Lunch was eba / semolina with assored meat.

Supper was rice/ plantain/half chicken.

That was when obesity came to Nigeria.

The highest school fee was NGN314
for first year and included tuition, and full boarding including food and hostelnservices.

2 Likes

Re: University Of Ibadan Meal Ticket In 1972 (Throwback Photo) by chuckjonesbaba(m): 8:02pm On Jul 10, 2019
2mch:
And you think 25 kobo no be money then abi?
I think its equivalent to N250 now..
Re: University Of Ibadan Meal Ticket In 1972 (Throwback Photo) by chuckjonesbaba(m): 8:09pm On Jul 10, 2019
isthatso:

go and check your history again, we had a manufacturing industry, Furniture fridges, tyres, textiles, we had it all, we asssembled peugeot, Audi, wolkswagen land rovers, range rovers, mercedes and steyr trucks among others I may have forgotten and we had local factories that supplied locally manufactured components under the local content laws at the time. for instance local manufacturers MANUFACTURED the seats and air conditioners for Peugeot, the tyres ware manufactured here by Dunlop and Michelin. The brakes were manufactured her in Nigeria by ferodo in Ibadan. Adebowale industries manufactured fans, fridges air conditioners etc Kano was full of textile mills. The Tejuoshos made their fortune manufacturing Mattresses, there was also Vono, they are all defunct now. There were many furniture manufacturers who manufactured quality furniture on an industrial scale for instance Bisrod and Nirowi, There was an Uncle of mine who manufactured batteries for the Car assembly plants, there was also BEREC batteries who manufactured household batteries, I can go on and on. They all started to die after Buhari took over in 1983 and IBB and his SAP just dealt the final blow!!
My brother you just took me back to the good times. I remember when my dad and colleagues could afford to buy brand new cars assembled in Nigeria. I remember them making fun of Belgium cars... I remember BEREC battery and the Michelin fat man.. I remember in primary school being able to spend 1 naira like a boss.. Nigeria was on the path to greater things then before Buhari and his austerity measures messed up everything... then IBB killed everything with SAP..
Re: University Of Ibadan Meal Ticket In 1972 (Throwback Photo) by CaptainKodak(m): 6:37pm On Jul 12, 2019
Orobo2Lekpa:

If we went back to 1975, there will be no NairaLand to write this

Even without Nairaland,FB,Twitter,Instagram...name it, people were happier,no suiside,no sudden bomb,no Fulani herdsmen destroying farms,no raping;imaging alleging a pastor of rape now, there was no kidnapping as like in these recent years. Even without internet,there was good communication and mutual understanding among people, there was noting like inviting a lady to ones house through social media only to use her for money ritual, no yahoo boys,...the list is endless. Now tell me, were things not better then than now?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

12ft Python Killed In FUTA (Photos) / Protesting Residents In Benin Wore Red Outfits For Their March Today. Photos / 15 Hilarious Tweets By Nigerian Students As ASUU Calls Off Strike

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.