Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,756 members, 7,820,626 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:29 PM

Police Hunt For Shiite Members, Arrest Scores - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Police Hunt For Shiite Members, Arrest Scores (19831 Views)

Scene Of The Clash Between Security Men And Shiite Members In Abuja (Photos) / United States Reacts To Clash Between Shiite Members And Soldiers In Abuja. / 49 Dead Shiite Members Buried After Clash With Security Operatives. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Police Hunt For Shiite Members, Arrest Scores by Kingosytex(m): 7:18pm On Jul 09, 2019
oglalasioux:
Why can't this Zakzaky join APC so we can hear word? Haba!

Your head dey there, you sabi

1 Like

Re: Police Hunt For Shiite Members, Arrest Scores by Kingosytex(m): 7:30pm On Jul 09, 2019
@ freehuman. and you think the best way to prevent the aforementioned problems is to keep detaining him?

Remember how Boko Haram started, Buhari should take a clue from that.

If that man dies in detention, i think the condition of Nigeria will be worse
Re: Police Hunt For Shiite Members, Arrest Scores by Nobody: 8:25pm On Jul 09, 2019
Kingosytex:
@ freehuman. and you think the best way to prevent the aforementioned problems is to keep detaining him?

Remember how Boko Haram started, Buhari should take a clue from that.

If that man dies in detention, i think the condition of Nigeria will be worse

Would the USA negotiate with a sect that threatens its sovereignty ? Would Iran negotiate? The sect has its origin in Iran. They will get your money from amnesty and equip themselves with weapons. Obama had a nuclear deal with Iran, he transported billions of dollars cash in a fully loaded aircraft to Iran as payment, they still did their will despite the payment. These people don't understand peace. It's either they choose to exist freely or they get a confinement in a correctional and disciplinary facility (prison). What will be their terms of settlement? Is it monthly stipends to members of their lazy population? What exactly would be their demand. Believe me it will definitely be outrageous. As a developing nation with a threatening population we have a lot to use our limited revenues for than sponsoring people brainwashed with an archaic ideology of the modern Persian civilization.

1 Like

Re: Police Hunt For Shiite Members, Arrest Scores by Awaja(m): 8:54pm On Jul 09, 2019
BH part 2 loading,we’re watching the trailer .
Re: Police Hunt For Shiite Members, Arrest Scores by Nobody: 8:59pm On Jul 09, 2019
makeitsoon:
Haven't we learned our lesson, this is exactly how boko haram came into being.
One evil politiican will hijack this group now and give them weapons for selfish
political gain. Also the threat of iran dumping weapons for these groups is also a possibility
seeing that many a time we have stopped iranian weapons thats been smuggled at the port, about
three times now. Imagine when there is now full blown war in iran, weapons will flow in the country
and most likely these guys will be feeders for hideous elements just like boko haram.
Ruga will be least of our worries

Politicians aren't a part of boko haram, except wen it was still a peaceful group
Re: Police Hunt For Shiite Members, Arrest Scores by kennysympathy(m): 9:24pm On Jul 09, 2019
silverbirdng:
The police have arrested scores of members of the Islamic Movement in Nigeria for injuring a policeman and an operative of the Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corps at the National Assembly, Abuja, on Tuesday.

The force has also launched a manhunt for Shi’ite members across the city centre.

The sect members had stormed the NASS complex to protest the continued incarceration of their leader, Ibrahim Zakzaky who had been in custody since December 2015.

Our correspondent observed a police team at Samuel Ademulegun Avenue, near the National Mosque, searching commercial buses in order to fish out the sect members.

The leader of the operation, an Assistant Commissioner of Police, whose name could not be ascertained, was seen with his team harassing commuters and other passers-by.

The policemen, who were wielding sticks and rods, also prevented our correspondent from talking to the suspects in their patrol van.

“Get out of here, I don’t want to see you,” the ACP shouted at our correspondent.

When asked about the number of arrests, the Federal Capital Territory police spokesman, Anjuguri Manzah, said he was preparing a statement.

See more here https://thickmatch.com/police-hunt-shiite-members-arrest-scores/
Another terror group will emerge soon.
Re: Police Hunt For Shiite Members, Arrest Scores by Realonekingsley(m): 11:28pm On Jul 09, 2019
makeitsoon:
Haven't we learned our lesson, this is exactly how boko haram came into being.
One evil politiican will hijack this group now and give them weapons for selfish
political gain. Also the threat of iran dumping weapons for these groups is also a possibility
seeing that many a time we have stopped iranian weapons thats been smuggled at the port, about
three times now. Imagine when there is now full blown war in iran, weapons will flow in the country
and most likely these guys will be feeders for hideous elements just like boko haram.
Ruga will be least of our worries
There won't be a full scale war in Nigeria, the govt is too smart for that and Iran won't give weapons to no group they have their own issues and won't like to add more troubles to their name.
Re: Police Hunt For Shiite Members, Arrest Scores by General0847: 11:34pm On Jul 09, 2019
Freehuman:
Nigerians politicize everything. Buhari has it right with this one. The release of Shite leader might be the Islamization Christians fear in Nigeria. With a strong Iranian support that sect can make havoc rain. Like someone said in a previous post, Shites don't respect any government, they don't recognize any authority, they don't vote or even have National passports, if they want your land there is nothing like even bargaining, they take it by force. If they want to marry your daughter, they take and rape her by force.
There is also another court order for their leader to be detained. Their leader is the founder of the modern day religious crises we have in Nigeria today. That man threatened Nigeria. When we keep releasing terrorists they take our sovereignty for granted.
America would have killed that man, forget democracy

Sunni hasn't islamized the country its shiite that will do it?
You are ignorant about political islam, Sunni are the oppressors while the Shiite are the oppressed. You talk of Iran supporting Shiite but what about Saudi Arabia (Chief supporter and sponsor of terrorism) and wahabi support for Sunni Muslims in Nigeria?
Sunni control power, i bet you to show me one Shiite who is even an assistant director in Nigeria.
Re: Police Hunt For Shiite Members, Arrest Scores by Nobody: 11:50pm On Jul 09, 2019
General0847:

Sunni hasn't islamized the country its shiite that will do it?
You are ignorant about political islam, Sunni are the oppressors while the Shiite are the oppressed. You talk of Iran supporting Shiite but what about Saudi Arabia (Chief supporter and sponsor of terrorism) and wahabi support for Sunni Muslims in Nigeria?
Sunni control power, i bet you to show me one Shiite who is even an assistant director in Nigeria.

They are not victims as you think they only manipulate. How can one serve a government he doesn't acknowledge. Get it right, this very sect in Nigeria parade members who do not even vote during elections, they don't care about least things like National Passport. They recognize Iran as their legitimate authority and every enemy of Iran is their enemy. A Sunni Moslem would vacation in the United States if he had a chance but even with free visa a Shite wouldn't . The main issue here is not political power because Shites want Iran to conquer as well, the issue is minority influence because a greater number of Muslims identify with Sunni.
They used this same victim method to remove Saddam of Iraq. They don't value their life. All they do is protest and provoke with assault weapons in guise of ordinary civilian citizens and when the government returns the assault they cry to same International organisations they hate and say their rights are abused. Saddam's problems started when he began to kill them. By the way, Iran also has a group of terrorist fighters.

1 Like

Re: Police Hunt For Shiite Members, Arrest Scores by 7lives: 7:03am On Jul 10, 2019
Freehuman:
Nigerians politicize everything. Buhari has it right with this one. The release of Shite leader might be the Islamization Christians fear in Nigeria. With a strong Iranian support that sect can make havoc rain. Like someone said in a previous post, Shites don't respect any government, they don't recognize any authority, they don't vote or even have National passports, if they want your land there is nothing like even bargaining, they take it by force. If they want to marry your daughter, they take and rape her by force.
There is also another court order for their leader to be detained. Their leader is the founder of the modern day religious crises we have in Nigeria today. That man threatened Nigeria. When we keep releasing terrorists they take our sovereignty for granted.
America would have killed that man, forget democracy

Don't waste your time explaining anything to those whose brains are full of sawdusts.
Re: Police Hunt For Shiite Members, Arrest Scores by aishapmbtoto: 7:12am On Jul 10, 2019
Angelfrost:

Problem? None really... I actually have better things to worry about. Just kinda find it weird.
Then face your front
Re: Police Hunt For Shiite Members, Arrest Scores by 7lives: 7:34am On Jul 10, 2019
xscoffy:

Ah swear bro.

I was at abuja govt house a certain time last year,those guys stormed there and it wasn't funny. They were destroying innocent Pple cars. I wonder why this particular religion teaches more of violence than peace. Come and see grown men and women mobilised and they came with coaster buses in several batches. And who sent them?? Who is sponsoring them Is very obvious buhari is a stark illiterate all round. He doesn't know how to handle things. I believe this wouldn't v happened under d watch of OBJ or GEJ. They would v known how to handle this ..

I was even like the shud release the man nah,see some Muslim women I entered cab with from they govt house dressed in hijab saying I shudnt say that again that the man is worse than boko haram. That was when I knew this was very mean

It's like you don't know who Else Zakzaki is, Google is your friend check out what this man and his followers have been doing, to people in Kaduna Zaria axis.
I escaped their fracas by whiskers during my NYSC days, in case you don't know, that man is the father of Islamic fundamentalism, that gave birth to the likes of boko Haram and other deadly Islamic sects in the country.
He had always been there unleashing terror on people, obj could not do anything to him, way back in 1999.
He recently met his match in a hardliner like Buhari, unfortunately for him, his financiers in Iran have their hands full, trying to solve their problems with America.
Use your head bro. this man's followers are very frustrated at the moment, their leader is their rallying point, without him they can not organise themselves or else, the face off between the US and Iran at the moment, would have become another headache for Nigeria by now, as Elzakzaki and his followers, unleash mayhem in the North, in protest against America.
Guess who their victims will be?.
Re: Police Hunt For Shiite Members, Arrest Scores by General0847: 10:32am On Jul 10, 2019
Freehuman:

They are not victims as you think they only manipulate. How can one serve a government he doesn't acknowledge. Get it right, this very sect in Nigeria parade members who do not even vote during elections, they don't care about least things like National Passport. They recognize Iran as their legitimate authority and every enemy of Iran is their enemy. A Sunni Moslem would vacation in the United States if he had a chance but even with free visa a Shite wouldn't . The main issue here is not political power because Shites want Iran to conquer as well, the issue is minority influence because a greater number of Muslims identify with Sunni.
They used this same victim method to remove Saddam of Iraq. They don't value their life. All they do is protest and provoke with assault weapons in guise of ordinary civilian citizens and when the government returns the assault they cry to same International organisations they hate and say their rights are abused. Saddam's problems started when he began to kill them. By the way, Iran also has a group of terrorist fighters.

Take it from a Sunni Muslim, i tell you in truth these guys are the victims.
If you were the one sitting in jail while there are 5 court orders granting you bail will you still be saying this?
Let's stop supporting illegality, in a democracy the court of law is sacrosanct. When you start disobeying court orders blatantly then you are inviting caos.
I will not delve into the Sunni/Shia topic further because it's deeper than you think.
Go and read about the succession tussle when the Prophet (PBWH) died, read it without bias.
NB: There are over 40,000 shia Muslims in the US.
Re: Police Hunt For Shiite Members, Arrest Scores by Nobody: 4:45pm On Jul 10, 2019
General0847:

Take it from a Sunni Muslim, i tell you in truth these guys are the victims.
If you were the one sitting in jail while there are 5 court orders granting you bail will you still be saying this?
Let's stop supporting illegality, in a democracy the court of law is sacrosanct. When you start disobeying court orders blatantly then you are inviting caos.
I will not delve into the Sunni/Shia topic further because it's deeper than you think.
Go and read about the succession tussle when the Prophet (PBWH) died, read it without bias.
NB: There are over 40,000 shia Muslims in the US.

I apologize for my ignorance. Seems other Sunni Moslems have brainwashed me. Thanks for this piece.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

FFK Stands By His Words On Tinubu, See Why / PDP Suspends Baraje, Oyinlola, Others / Again, Buhari Shuts Down 3rd Term Agenda Talks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.