Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,355 members, 7,815,751 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:37 PM

Sagay: Allow Nigerians To Carry Arms To Defend Themselves - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sagay: Allow Nigerians To Carry Arms To Defend Themselves (19664 Views)

Babatunde Gbadamosi Asks Obidients To Defend Themselves / Professor Sagay Says All Nigerians Should Carry Arms / FRSC Officials To Carry Arms (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sagay: Allow Nigerians To Carry Arms To Defend Themselves by bolaayenimo: 5:49am On Dec 29, 2020
Insecurity: Allow Nigerians Bear Arms To Defend Themselves, Sagay Advises FG

Professor Itse Sagay (SAN), Chairman, Presidential Advisory Committee Against Corruption (PACAC), has advised President Muhammadu Buhari and Inspec­tor General of Police, Mohammed Adamu, to allow ordinary Nigerians to bear fire arms in order to protect themselves.

Speaking exclusively with Daily Independent in Lagos, Sagay, who said the Federal Government was overwhelmed by various security challenges bedevil­ing the nation, such as Boko Haram insurgency, banditry, kidnapping, herdsmen at­tacks and others, added that Nigerians should be allowed to defend themselves when attacked.

According to him, unprovoked attacks especially on villages by bandits will drastically reduce in the country if the communities are allowed to arm themselves with weap­ons to defend themselves.

Comparing present day Nigeria to his youthful days, Sagay said the level of inse­curity today is unprecedent­ed, adding that the nation witnesses unprecedented amount of bloodshed, destruction of properties and displacement of people from their native homes and places of business.

“The country has become so dangerous. All sorts of things are happening nowa­days. You have kidnappers, bandits, Fulani herdsmen, Boko Haram. The reality is that there is nowhere that is safe in the country. Traveling by road today is a very risky endeavour that one will hard­ly try. So, there is total insecu­rity in the country.

“I don’t know what has gone wrong, why our people have become so violent and savage. Individuals no lon­ger feel safe outside his own house. I am not even sure that one is absolutely safe in his own house.

“What I will like to suggest to the government is that they should allow ordinary Nigeri­ans to carry arms. Everybody who wants to carry arms as a form of self-defence should be allowed to do so. This is necessary so that when these bandits and miscreants attack them, they will know that the person they attacked has the capacity to defend himself.

“All these restrictions on owning weapons should be lifted. Let the generality of the public be allowed to own weapons, especially in all those villages where they are being massacred. Their men should be given weapons so that when the attackers come, they will also be given a chal­lenge which may discourage them in future".

“We have had causes where bandits attacked villages but the people are powerless to de­fend themselves. By the time the security agents come in, the attackers had left. They will look for a quiet time and launch another attack. That will stop if the people have the capacity to defend them­selves.”

While absolving President Muhammadu Buhari of blame, Sagay said any other government would have been overwhelmed as nobody could have envisaged the torrents of attacks happening in all parts of the country.

“Let me say this, there is a tendency to blame the president, but it is not the president’s fault. I am not a sociologist but the way I see it, it is society developing in the wrong direction. It has nothing to do with the gov­ernment.

“Of course, it could have something to do with the level of poverty, unemployment and so on. But you can see that it is everywhere, both in urban and rural areas. Are Zamfara, Taraba, Yobe not rural areas? We can say that the urban youths are unemployed, what is the excuse of the youths in the rural areas? So, it is as if there is some sort of virus that has simply developed".

“Truly, the government is overwhelmed because no government will envisage an attack like these from every direction. It’s as if all the mis­creants from different genres and denominations have held a conference where they agreed that they should tor­ture and torment the country at the same time.

“So, it’s difficult and it is not the fault of the government. It is the time that we are in. Any other government would have been in a dilemma over this matter. It’s so overwhelming! We don’t have enough security forces to cope with all these”, he said.

https://www.independent.ng/insecurity-allow-nigerians-bear-arms-to-defend-themselves-sagay-advises-fg/

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sagay: Allow Nigerians To Carry Arms To Defend Themselves by nairavsdollars(f): 5:55am On Dec 29, 2020
I fully support this. Let each community defend themselves. Even in Abuja, when you complain to police now, they don't respond on time

97 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Sagay: Allow Nigerians To Carry Arms To Defend Themselves by chriskosherbal(m): 5:56am On Dec 29, 2020
Hmmmn let me wait for elders to come and say something.

But wait ooo there is truth in what this man is saying oooo, just that we are not ripe enough for this.

Before person go wake up begin see dead body for front of door or you go begin dodge dead body 4 street dey go office.

16 Likes

Re: Sagay: Allow Nigerians To Carry Arms To Defend Themselves by Ratedgang: 5:56am On Dec 29, 2020
Prof you never start to dey holla. They’re all coming at your door step These are the monsters you people supported.

73 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sagay: Allow Nigerians To Carry Arms To Defend Themselves by nairavsdollars(f): 5:58am On Dec 29, 2020
Dead bodies on the streets. I dont think so. People will only respond when they are attacked by bandits

chriskosherbal:
Hmmmn let me wait for elders to come and say something.

But wait ooo there is truth in what this man is saying oooo, just that we are not ripe enough for this.

Before person go wake up begin see dead body for front of door or you go begin dodge dead body 4 street dey go office.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sagay: Allow Nigerians To Carry Arms To Defend Themselves by NaijaFutbol: 6:05am On Dec 29, 2020
NIgeria has not been this safe before. Thanks to the "good" job of Buhari and his Miyetti partners in peace

74 Likes

Re: Sagay: Allow Nigerians To Carry Arms To Defend Themselves by fuckingAyaya(m): 6:13am On Dec 29, 2020
Las las everybody go get sense

9 Likes

Re: Sagay: Allow Nigerians To Carry Arms To Defend Themselves by hisexcellency34: 6:26am On Dec 29, 2020
An eye for an eye leaves everyone blind

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sagay: Allow Nigerians To Carry Arms To Defend Themselves by Nobody: 6:39am On Dec 29, 2020
I will so much love this
I have one already though, it would just be nice to carry it around legally

17 Likes

Re: Sagay: Allow Nigerians To Carry Arms To Defend Themselves by youngeagle(m): 6:41am On Dec 29, 2020
Watch how communal crises will turn to a terrorist network, no be Nigeria again

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sagay: Allow Nigerians To Carry Arms To Defend Themselves by Racoon(m): 6:41am On Dec 29, 2020
Comparing present day Nigeria to his youthful days, Sagay said the level of inse­curity today is unprecedent­ed, adding that the nation witnesses unprecedented amount of bloodshed, destruction of properties & displacement of people from their native homes and places of business.
Does Sagay fully knows the implication of this statement? Thought the APC said Nigeria is not a failed state? So why is a whole prof.Sagay suggesting self arms defense when there are battery of security agencies?

This is still affirming that Buhari have failed in providing security for lives & property.Meaning even the loud & foul mouthed constitutional law expert have seen that Nigerians have been right in calling out the failures of the moribund government.

Let's hear what Lai Mohammed, Femi Adeshina, Garba Shehu, Bashir Ahmed, Lauretta Onochie, Arewa youth ACF, NEF, BMO, MURIC, etc will call Sagay for allegedly exposing another truth about the failure of the present government.

Meanwhile where are the mummified BMC zombies of this forum? Sagay said Bubu should allow all Nigerians carry arms for self defense & protection because the Fulani & BH infested security agencies have failed to secure lives.Last, last all man go get sense by force.

44 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sagay: Allow Nigerians To Carry Arms To Defend Themselves by dynicks(m): 6:47am On Dec 29, 2020
Nigerians that over react at any slight provocation......aswear the country go scatter!!...
..our level of resistance and tolerance from this part of the globe is way below par!!

With the level of hardship currently being experienced in the country right now, imagine guns in the hands of psychopaths or peeps with the intents to commit suicide; ofcourse most wouldn't wanna go down alone...

Imagine scenarios like ..you bashed my car!! Do you know who I am!?...Tah Tah!! Person don kill person....

Guy how dare you!...u went behind my back and snitched on me!..ND not just that, u had the nerve to bed my girl!?...Tah Tah! Person don kill person..

Guy bashes into his house and finds his wife in bed with another guy....Tah Tah!! Person don kill person....

At the ATM...Guy I was here before you; u dey mad!?...I didn't see anyone here when I came...na me u dey;...u dey craze ni...Tah Tah! Person don kill person...

Thief thief!! Catch that guy!...he stole 5 cubes of maggi and one tin tomato...Tah Tah!! Person don kill person....

Na for inside club the matter go worse sef especially when wire boys go wan challenge themselves....waiter turn of the light;...waiter leave the light on...how dare u challenge me!?...do u know who I am?..Tah Tah person don port go the other side...

Ladies matter go sky rocket as per the level of jealousy amongst themselves eh!....

Just imagine what played out at ghana between davido and BURNA boy!...pride no go just let person reason well....unlease guns into the hands of people and watch the country go on self destruct!.....imagine guns in the hands of SIMPS or peeps that are too EMOTIONAL....

Make I stop to dey imagine Sha and be of hope that things wouldn't turn for the worst!

77 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Sagay: Allow Nigerians To Carry Arms To Defend Themselves by Racoon(m): 6:56am On Dec 29, 2020
Ratedgang:
Prof you never start to dey holla.They’re all coming at your door step These are the monsters you people supported.
"....When Buhari appointed a majority of the service chiefs from a particular region and religion, he and his supporters defended it and claimed that even if all his appointees come from one region and religion in a multicultural, multi-religious and multiethnic nation like Nigeria, it means nothing as long as they are competent. Today, nothing exposes the shallowness and puerility of such appointments."

"Nepotism is the worst form of corruption. It is the mother of all corruption.That was probably why the framers of our constitution stood firmly against it, by enshrining the most-maligned Federal Character provisions at both Federal and State levels.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.vanguardngr.com/2017/10/nepotism-mother-corruption/amp/

15 Likes

Re: Sagay: Allow Nigerians To Carry Arms To Defend Themselves by psucc(m): 7:02am On Dec 29, 2020
Self defense to the rescue.

Even the security agencies are also humans and will look for cover whenever they come in contact with the attackers.

1 Like

Re: Sagay: Allow Nigerians To Carry Arms To Defend Themselves by hisexcellency34: 7:02am On Dec 29, 2020
Doesn't work that way..even those who have licences, dont they misuse it? Like Seun Kuti pulling out a gun because someone blocked his gate

dynicks:
Nigerians that over react at any slight provocation......aswear the country go scatter!!...

From ..you bashed my car!! Do you know who I am!?...Tah Tah!! Person don kill person....

Guy how dare you!...u went behind my back and snitched on me!..ND not just that, u had the nerve to bed my girl!?...Tah Tah! Person don kill person..

Guy bashes into his house and finds his wife in bed with another guy....Tah Tah!! Person don kill person....

At the ATM...Guy I was here before you; u dey mad!?...I didn't see anyone here when I came...na me u dey;...u dey craze ni...Tah Tah! Person don kill person...

Thief thief!! Catch that guy!...he stole 5 cubes of maggi and one tin tomato...Tah Tah!! Person don kill person....

7 Likes

Re: Sagay: Allow Nigerians To Carry Arms To Defend Themselves by Karemarealty288(m): 7:03am On Dec 29, 2020
Sar gay is one of the elements of confusion in this government... Thought he said Nigeria is safe under Buhari

3 Likes

Re: Sagay: Allow Nigerians To Carry Arms To Defend Themselves by Azmanaty: 7:06am On Dec 29, 2020
NaijaFutbol:
NIgeria has not been this safe before. Thanks to the "good" job of Buhari and his Miyetti partners in peace

Are u praising Buhari or throwing his sins to his face?
Re: Sagay: Allow Nigerians To Carry Arms To Defend Themselves by dynicks(m): 7:06am On Dec 29, 2020
hisexcellency34:
Doesn't work that way..even those who have licences, dont they misuse it? Like Seun Kuti pulling out a gun because someone blocked his gate

bros naija no be Yankee remember!our level of resistance here is way below par especially when it comes to most persons that often wanna show swag and on what level they run on....our blood too dey hot!!....we like to over do things......imagine the case of BURNA boy and davido few hours ago.....guy pride too much for this angle of the world abeg
Re: Sagay: Allow Nigerians To Carry Arms To Defend Themselves by hisexcellency34: 7:22am On Dec 29, 2020
Agreed but shouldn't people defend themselves from attacks like Benue people from Fulani herdsmen

dynicks:
bros naija no be Yankee remember!our level of resistance here is way below par especially when it comes to most persons that often wanna show swag and on what level they run on....our blood too dey hot!!....we like to over do things......imagine the case of BURNA boy and davido few hours ago.....guy pride too much for this angle of the world abeg
Re: Sagay: Allow Nigerians To Carry Arms To Defend Themselves by dynicks(m): 7:27am On Dec 29, 2020
hisexcellency34:
Agreed but shouldn't people defend themselves from attacks like Benue people from Fulani herdsmen

I fully agree with you sir but .....
Re: Sagay: Allow Nigerians To Carry Arms To Defend Themselves by hisexcellency34: 7:31am On Dec 29, 2020
You made valid points though but people need to defend themselves as the security agencies have failed to protect them
dynicks:
I fully agree with you sir but .....

1 Like

Re: Sagay: Allow Nigerians To Carry Arms To Defend Themselves by Racoon(m): 7:33am On Dec 29, 2020
Comparing present day Nigeria to his youthful days, Sagay said the level of inse­curity today is unprecedent­ed, adding that the nation witnesses unprecedented amount of bloodshed, destruction of properties & displacement of people from their native homes and places of business.
cc: Helinues, Omenka, , Seunmsg, NgeneUkwenu,

7 Likes

Re: Sagay: Allow Nigerians To Carry Arms To Defend Themselves by dynicks(m): 7:56am On Dec 29, 2020
Racoon:

those ones would avoid this thread like....guy respect yourself naw

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sagay: Allow Nigerians To Carry Arms To Defend Themselves by Nobody: 8:09am On Dec 29, 2020
I hate this lousy ugly Sagay bastard

He's speaking out now maybe cos the Fula bandits are camped in the forests around his village, otherwise his main preoccupation is usually the laundering of APC's image

3 Likes

Re: Sagay: Allow Nigerians To Carry Arms To Defend Themselves by hisexcellency34: 8:16am On Dec 29, 2020
Maybe but I'm glad he speaks out

Soissons:
I hate this lousy ugly Sagay bastard

He's speaking out now maybe cos the Fula bandits are camped in the forests around his village, otherwise his main preoccupation is usually the laundering of APC's image

3 Likes

Re: Sagay: Allow Nigerians To Carry Arms To Defend Themselves by Liposure: 8:17am On Dec 29, 2020
Our security chiefs needs to step up. This getting out of hand
Re: Sagay: Allow Nigerians To Carry Arms To Defend Themselves by Otimaxamito: 8:23am On Dec 29, 2020
In as much as this sounds great,it will cause more harm than good because an average Nigerian will misuse the golden opportunity and start causing mayhems

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sagay: Allow Nigerians To Carry Arms To Defend Themselves by ChiefJusticeFuc: 8:38am On Dec 29, 2020
The only time this idiot has made sense.

Maybe someone close to him has been kidnapped or killed by Buhari's fulani militia that now occupy every forest in the SW, Edo and parts of Delta .

3 Likes

Re: Sagay: Allow Nigerians To Carry Arms To Defend Themselves by hisexcellency34: 9:49am On Dec 29, 2020
Show some respect for the old nigger pls

ChiefJusticeFuc:
The only qtime this idiot has made sense.

Maybe someone close to him has been kidnapped or killed by Buhari's fulani militia that now occupy every forest in the SW, Edo and parts of Delta .

Re: Sagay: Allow Nigerians To Carry Arms To Defend Themselves by MASTAkiLLAh(m): 9:51am On Dec 29, 2020
Dem go konk Sagay for office today abi has he forgotten that the only civilians allowed to bear arms are fulani terrorists herdsmen ? Yeye man cool
Re: Sagay: Allow Nigerians To Carry Arms To Defend Themselves by MASTAkiLLAh(m): 9:52am On Dec 29, 2020
Racoon:

those wild nkitas no go ever show for here grin

3 Likes

Re: Sagay: Allow Nigerians To Carry Arms To Defend Themselves by ChiefJusticeFuc: 9:53am On Dec 29, 2020
hisexcellency34:
Show some respect for the old nigger pls

Has he shown himself respect since he got govt appointment ?

The clown has been mouthing off all manner of stupidity since he got an appointment .

He deserves no single respect like most of the idiots in the south we call leaders.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Goodluck Jonathan Denies Reports That He Has Joined APC / Governor Fayose Visits Segun Oni (Photos) / PDP Governments Spent N2.7 Trillion To Put Nigeria In Darkness — Dogara

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.