Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,071 members, 7,818,199 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:09 AM

Elisha Abbo In Face-Off With Oluremi Tinubu, Senate Adhoc Panel (Video) - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Elisha Abbo In Face-Off With Oluremi Tinubu, Senate Adhoc Panel (Video) (49604 Views)

ENDEARS: Full Statement By Lai Muhammed On Judicial Panel (Video) / Video Of Senator Elisha Abbo Assaulting A Woman Inside store / Who Is Elisha Abbo? Biography Of Senator At Adult Toy Shop Assaulting Lady (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Elisha Abbo In Face-Off With Oluremi Tinubu, Senate Adhoc Panel (Video) by Nobody: 9:07pm On Jul 09, 2019
But the man is right. He shouldn't address the press since his case is already in court. Speaking in the presence of pressmen is as the same as addressing the press and it's against the ethics of the court. Lawyers in the house should correct if I'm wrong.

5 Likes

Re: Elisha Abbo In Face-Off With Oluremi Tinubu, Senate Adhoc Panel (Video) by klever18(m): 9:07pm On Jul 09, 2019
Philpham:

Rapist dog like you. May you be slapped 50 times then come here and like HIV Abbor
I will sue you to court the next time you will mistake me for your Dad

2 Likes

Re: Elisha Abbo In Face-Off With Oluremi Tinubu, Senate Adhoc Panel (Video) by cyprex: 9:07pm On Jul 09, 2019
lonelydora:
He who is without sin should cast the first stone.

Forgive and Forget.

Are you pleading on his behalf?
Forgiveness before repentance is like putting the cart before the horse
Re: Elisha Abbo In Face-Off With Oluremi Tinubu, Senate Adhoc Panel (Video) by azimibraun: 9:08pm On Jul 09, 2019
Nigerians think it is Everybody who is down that fears a fall...
He has forced Remi Tinubu to appear partial, judgemental and feminist. She realised a bit late and tried sounding nice but then it was late. She may be removed from the panel
"I am another woman" Remi Tinubu.

10 Likes

Re: Elisha Abbo In Face-Off With Oluremi Tinubu, Senate Adhoc Panel (Video) by TheGiftedOne(m): 9:08pm On Jul 09, 2019
SINator Isi-Aki ABBOmination

1 Like

Re: Elisha Abbo In Face-Off With Oluremi Tinubu, Senate Adhoc Panel (Video) by biggestmanhood(m): 9:09pm On Jul 09, 2019
post=80105546:

We thank God for delivering us from the hands of rogues and criminals.
They boasted they will rule our country for 60 years non stop, but God disappointed them totally!

We can only wonder what would have become of our darling nation after the 60 years.

PDP in Nigeria again?!
God forbid bad thing!

No, we are the ruler of your village! cheesy
get a life
Re: Elisha Abbo In Face-Off With Oluremi Tinubu, Senate Adhoc Panel (Video) by gr8child(m): 9:12pm On Jul 09, 2019
Jagaban come o. They want to beat your wife.
Re: Elisha Abbo In Face-Off With Oluremi Tinubu, Senate Adhoc Panel (Video) by wristbangle: 9:13pm On Jul 09, 2019
Mere seeing this wicked animal will connote he is a blood drinker and flesh water.

In a sane environment, he should have been given life imprisonment penalty.

2 Likes

Re: Elisha Abbo In Face-Off With Oluremi Tinubu, Senate Adhoc Panel (Video) by fanysteve: 9:13pm On Jul 09, 2019
naptu2:
FULL VIDEO : Sen. Abbo In Face-Off With Tinubu, Senate Adhoc Panel Over intimacy gadget Shop Assault

Senator Abbo appeared before the committee that was set up by the Senate to investigate his alleged assault on a woman at a toy shop. The committe is chaired by Senator Sam Egwu (who is a former governor and former minister).i hope this Mrs Tinubu is waiting for a 2023 agony that the north will cast on her , her husband mr Bullovan and their families?!

However, a faceoff ensued when Senator Abbo told that committee to tell journalists to leave the room

Here's a transcript of what happened.

Senator Sam Egwu: "We have finished listening to you talk to the whole word. We have listened to you, the whole world has heard you on television and everywhere. So what's the difference? You are just making a statement here. Even if it is one sentence, say what you have to say."

Senator Abbo: "I will not . . ."

Mrs Tinubu: "Ok, you see, distinguished. Mr Chairman sir" (Senator Egwu nods). "Distinguish, we want to tell you. . . You are just joining us. We have a procedure and we are also under law. What we are doing, we are doing as a legislature. You don't come in here when we invite you, despite that you are our colleague, you are on the other side now.

Everybody requires a fair hearing. What is going on with you affects us as a body. Alright? That is why the senate president constituted this committee and you can see the level and integrity of the people under here.

You don't come in here and dictate to us the procedures that we are supposed to do" (Senator Egwu says "adopt" ). "Adopt. And that is, you don't dictate to us because you undermine us by even trying to do that.

You haven't even listened to us. Even if we are going beyond what you expect, you can stop us, but you don't come on the other side and start dictating to us.

Do you want us to protect you or do you want us to defend you or you want to be on your own?"

Senator Abbo is trying to interrupt by saying, "Distinguished. Distinguished ma".

Senator Tinubu: "Because do you realise that the Senate. . . Off that mic and let me finish. Do you realise that the Senate, when we constitute this, whatever the law gives, we can also suspend you? Do you realise that?"

Senator Egwu wants to interrupt, but Senator Tinubu says, "No sir".

"You don't come here on camera. . ."

Senator Abbo interrupts: "I will not sit here and you threaten me with suspension".

Senator Tinubu says: "We are not threatening you!"

Senator Tinubu says, "With all due respect" but Senator Abbo interrupts:

"With all due respect, you are my colleague, you are a senator like me and you cannot threaten me with suspension. I take exception ma"

Senator Tinubu is speaking in the background:

"Off that mic. You are digging a hole for yourself. I'm also another woman. Better be careful."

Senator Egwu interrupts and addresses Senator Abbo:

"Excuse me. Distinguished, why are you behaving this way? This behaviour is not expected of you. There are about how many of us senators here and even if you take offence at what we say, listen and keep quiet. You have to address the chair. Please".

Senator Abbo says: "Mr chairman, is it out of place if I ask that I am not addressing camera, I am not addressing pressmen, after I have been taken to court? Correct me if I am wrong."

Senator Egwu: "If you have any objection to what we say, you'll at least hear our general comment on it."

Another senator says: "We take that decision on it, on what you've just said. You wait".

Senator Tinubu says: "You didn't even wait for us to talk before saying that this is the method that you want us to adopt. You didn't even wait"

Another senator asks Senator Abbo to tell the committee why he came before the committe, so Senator Abbo explains how he was invited by the Senate and the police, etc. He then says that the matter is in court and he doesn't want to say his side of the story on camera and then the media will "take it out".

Senator Tinubu said that what he just said is what they expected him to say initially, rather than trying to dictate to the committee the modalities that it should use. She says that they have respectable people in the committee, including a former governor and they know what to do.

Another senator appeals that the hearing should be conducted in a close session. He says that the alleged victim did not appear because she believes that the matter is subjudice and so it will be better to have a closed session.

After a long discussion, Senator Egwu asks the media to leave.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=95_Et4dWPsM
Re: Elisha Abbo In Face-Off With Oluremi Tinubu, Senate Adhoc Panel (Video) by Dedetwo(m): 9:13pm On Jul 09, 2019
BlacDonaldTrump:
Guys, let us take it easy on Oluremi Tinubu. She is only doing her job. She was actually trying to salvage the little credibility that the embattled Senator had (being one of them) but he goofed big time due to his arrogance, temperament and anger.
Or maybe he couldn't stand being interrogated by a woman or so.
This erratic behaviour really shows the world the type of man that he is.
BLOODY MISOGYNIST AND WOMAN BEATER.

Still waiting for him to be charged to court again for intentionally infecting men/women with HIV (without informing them). I think this is a more grevious crime.

Oluremi Tinubu is not doing her job. How many bills has she sponsored? She is just being loudmouthed and showboating.

1 Like

Re: Elisha Abbo In Face-Off With Oluremi Tinubu, Senate Adhoc Panel (Video) by Dedetwo(m): 9:16pm On Jul 09, 2019
J111333:
But the man is right. He shouldn't address the press since his case is already in court. Speaking in the presence of pressmen is as the same as addressing the press and it's against the ethics of the court. Lawyers in the house should correct if I'm wrong.

So-called idiotic Nigerian senate body should not even constitute a committee since the matter is already in the court. The idiocy of in Nigeria starts from the very top.

4 Likes

Re: Elisha Abbo In Face-Off With Oluremi Tinubu, Senate Adhoc Panel (Video) by Coolgent(m): 9:22pm On Jul 09, 2019
Senator Abbo is right, they shouldnt invite media since the matter is in court.

1 Like

Re: Elisha Abbo In Face-Off With Oluremi Tinubu, Senate Adhoc Panel (Video) by Kingosytex(m): 9:23pm On Jul 09, 2019
yarimo:
Another DINO MILAYE in the making, PDP and rogue politicians are like 5 and 6 grin

Oga, forget party things. PDP and APC are the same. politicians have been changing camps from time immemorial.

Examples: Saraki from PDP=>APC>PDP

Amaechi: PDP=>APC

Akpabio: PDP=>APC

Dino: PDP=>APC=>PDP

Atiku: PDP>APC=>PDP

Sylva: PDP=>APC

Dogara: APC=>PDP

OUK: PDP=> PPA=>PDP=>APC

Kwankwaso: PDP=>APC=>PDP

The list goes on and on. Have you seen that the politicians are thesame?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Elisha Abbo In Face-Off With Oluremi Tinubu, Senate Adhoc Panel (Video) by Nobody: 9:24pm On Jul 09, 2019
Abbo in da one chance.
Your cup is full.
Re: Elisha Abbo In Face-Off With Oluremi Tinubu, Senate Adhoc Panel (Video) by Awoleesu(m): 9:24pm On Jul 09, 2019
I think I like the point the guy was trying to put across!
Nothwithstanding his 'crime', I think he's not a pushover!
Last last, na dem bend!

1 Like

Re: Elisha Abbo In Face-Off With Oluremi Tinubu, Senate Adhoc Panel (Video) by crackhouse(m): 9:26pm On Jul 09, 2019
GOFRONT:
shocked

SextoySenator, SlappingSenator, HIVsenator...

A.ka. 3 in 1 Senator....

Rip to Uche Eucharia!!!
which one is hiv senator again? Is he HIV?
Re: Elisha Abbo In Face-Off With Oluremi Tinubu, Senate Adhoc Panel (Video) by Femeto: 9:26pm On Jul 09, 2019
He had a good point. The media shouldn't cover that meeting. It should be internal. But he should have told them before honoring their invitation. He is too proud and arrogant.

2 Likes

Re: Elisha Abbo In Face-Off With Oluremi Tinubu, Senate Adhoc Panel (Video) by Duggedised12(f): 9:27pm On Jul 09, 2019
Las las he still had his way. And the press were asked to leave.

They should have asked him why the didn't want the press to be there in the first place instead of all this unnecessary show of ego undecided.These senators better watch it and not make it an APC/PDP thing like abike dabiri already did.

Anyway, they are all the same,won't be surprised to see him decamp to APC in the nearest future.

1 Like

Re: Elisha Abbo In Face-Off With Oluremi Tinubu, Senate Adhoc Panel (Video) by Jaymaxxy(m): 9:28pm On Jul 09, 2019
lonelydora:
He who is without sin should cast the first stone.

Forgive and Forget.

By this, you mean even Shekau shouldnt face trial if caught? We can forgive Abbo after he has been tried and jailed.
Re: Elisha Abbo In Face-Off With Oluremi Tinubu, Senate Adhoc Panel (Video) by Nobody: 9:34pm On Jul 09, 2019
ashantitope:
This man is in serious trouble I do understand both side with what he's trying to do is not for press to carry out he said and use it against in the court but the Senator what him to address them in a normal way but that rudeness in him will always be with him

I doubt if he is in any trouble per say.. omo Agege have made suspension impossible. PDP rules Adamawa state, thereby making his recall process cumbersome. Don't exactly know how the house can punish him self?

1 Like

Re: Elisha Abbo In Face-Off With Oluremi Tinubu, Senate Adhoc Panel (Video) by Ubdavis(m): 9:37pm On Jul 09, 2019
He feels he is dogged, he is just Messing around d more...
Re: Elisha Abbo In Face-Off With Oluremi Tinubu, Senate Adhoc Panel (Video) by ThePreachersSon: 9:38pm On Jul 09, 2019
Off that mic!

My favorite part.

2 Likes

Re: Elisha Abbo In Face-Off With Oluremi Tinubu, Senate Adhoc Panel (Video) by mechanics(m): 9:42pm On Jul 09, 2019
The senator is very stubborn.
Re: Elisha Abbo In Face-Off With Oluremi Tinubu, Senate Adhoc Panel (Video) by Charly68: 9:42pm On Jul 09, 2019
He has ridiculed the Senate ,that is the pure truth..all his shenanigans are stupid and uncalled for..he should apologize to his colleagues ..Who sponsored this type of a man to the hallowed chamber self ?
Re: Elisha Abbo In Face-Off With Oluremi Tinubu, Senate Adhoc Panel (Video) by Sufisunni: 9:47pm On Jul 09, 2019
May God disgrace this guy in all ramifications. Her only crime is not being privileged. What a poor nursing woman

1 Like

Re: Elisha Abbo In Face-Off With Oluremi Tinubu, Senate Adhoc Panel (Video) by Organs(m): 9:48pm On Jul 09, 2019
Zuorom:
They should suspend him, he is not remorseful at all

Shut the F up. He is not uneducated like you. He stood his ground and said he cannot be intimidated with suspension and that he will not talk with the press present while the matter is in court. Excellent point. If na you, you for don dey shake like leaf wey breeze dey blow. I salute his courage and his resolute nature. However, He should sincerely beg and apologise to that lady publicly and privately and give her very good money. His behaviour slapping the lady was unacceptable.

3 Likes

Re: Elisha Abbo In Face-Off With Oluremi Tinubu, Senate Adhoc Panel (Video) by Organs(m): 9:49pm On Jul 09, 2019
Jaymaxxy:

By this, you mean even Shekau shouldnt face trial if caught? We can forgive Abbo after he has been tried and jailed.

Are you without sin? People like you are worse
Re: Elisha Abbo In Face-Off With Oluremi Tinubu, Senate Adhoc Panel (Video) by Nobody: 9:50pm On Jul 09, 2019
klever18:

I will sue you to court the next time you will mistake me for your Dad
Shut up your mouth. Mention my family again n you ll find urself in prison first. Foolish brainless thing
Re: Elisha Abbo In Face-Off With Oluremi Tinubu, Senate Adhoc Panel (Video) by Organs(m): 9:51pm On Jul 09, 2019
2mch:
Good job Remi. She made him lose his cool. Now she can push for suspension. The guy lacks control. She has pushed him where she wants him

Not true, he stood his ground and told her clearly that she cannot threaten or intimidate him, he is educated unlike you. tongue tongue tongue

2 Likes

Re: Elisha Abbo In Face-Off With Oluremi Tinubu, Senate Adhoc Panel (Video) by holuphisayor(m): 9:54pm On Jul 09, 2019
well, tinubu was threatening her. she's a bit loud in my opinion. grin
The senator deserves some respect afterall he wasnt elected by tinubu.

off that mic...like she is talking to mc oluomo ...

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Elisha Abbo In Face-Off With Oluremi Tinubu, Senate Adhoc Panel (Video) by yeyeosoronga: 9:54pm On Jul 09, 2019
The best thing for the sinator is to go and beg the girl he assaulted and settle her with serious gbem for her pain and suffering so she won't testify in court.
However, her testimony may mean zilch as there's video evidence everywhere of the assault
He doesn't know he's joking with jail if they decide to open case for his matter . He's a newbie in the Senate seat and is yet to form allies and allegiances. In short, he's more or less on his own.
Re: Elisha Abbo In Face-Off With Oluremi Tinubu, Senate Adhoc Panel (Video) by OBAGADAFFI: 9:57pm On Jul 09, 2019
Organs:

Not true, he stood his ground and told her clearly that she cannot threaten or intimidate him, he is educated unlike you. tongue tongue tongue

I don't like Sen Remi Tinubu attitude, she is trying to blackmail him and Force him to bend over.

The Senator is right, it is Sub judice to talk about this issue in the press.

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Junaid Mohammed: Sanusi’s Lineage Can Never Become Emir Of Kano Again / Jonathan And Patience On The Page Of A Kenyan Newspaper / Nnamdi Kanu's Trial: Traditional Rulers Arrive Court (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.