Stats: 3,153,189 members, 7,818,614 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:51 PM

COZA & Man Urinating On Bible: The PUNCH Removes Editor Over Offensive Cartoon - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / COZA & Man Urinating On Bible: The PUNCH Removes Editor Over Offensive Cartoon (71224 Views)

Peak Milk Apologises To Christians Over ‘ Offensive’ Easter Advert / Photo: Man Urinating On Bible By Punch. Sensational Journalism Against Religion / Ese Walter Of COZA Sex Scandal Separates From Husband (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

Re: COZA & Man Urinating On Bible: The PUNCH Removes Editor Over Offensive Cartoon by udemzyudex(m): 11:33pm On Jul 09, 2019
abayomilaws:
Why the sack? Very unnecessary
... Nigeria is supposed to be a secular state . the cartoon is very illustrative of the situation at hand. It illustrates desecration of the temple of God. In the column, he cites ezeugo also known as Reverend king and other charlatans. He vividly paints the picture like a good artist that he is. With his paintbrush, he draws a caricature of a drunk Biodun Fatoyinbo emitting urine on the holy book. The innuendo is not for the church as a whole but directed to that drunk charlatan, Biodun fatoyinbo who emits his urine on the holy Bible. He does not draw that emitter to be the sole true practice of Christianity. This is a lampoon on an individual not the whole Church. I am sorry for this nation, we are so hypocritical. God , if you be, burn Nigeria, for our iniquities should be more than Sodom and his Gomorrah.

Another mu.mu talking so that's the best cartoon he could come up with just to portray his point?

Re: COZA & Man Urinating On Bible: The PUNCH Removes Editor Over Offensive Cartoon by dreu2fine(m): 11:38pm On Jul 09, 2019
Tolexander:
it was actually semèn, not urine.

Well, good he was sacked.
The holy books should be respected

If it was a Quran, trouble would have happened in Kaduna, Zaria, Kano and Gusau just because of the cartoon
E should av bein warn not sacked
Re: COZA & Man Urinating On Bible: The PUNCH Removes Editor Over Offensive Cartoon by JomoGbomo2(m): 11:42pm On Jul 09, 2019
Tolexander:

If it was a Quran, trouble would have happened in Kaduna, Zaria, Kano and Gusau just because of the cartoon

You guys are horrible and hypocrites; what concerns the Quran/Muslims with this issue? Are the editors Muslims? Is the News Outlet own by Muslims? If you want to react, react the way you want do not drag the Muslims or Quran into this; it is none of our business.

When a Christian does something horrific, you all rally behind your religion and separate his/her actions from your faith; and sincerely the Muslims care less because we understand. But when a Muslim does same horrific thing you spin your media and find a way to attach the action to the religion just to tarnish the religion to the best of your capacity.

And when it is a Christian on Christianity attack like this case, instead of you guys to deal with it as you wish, you all will still find a way to bring Muslims into it.......What is the problem with you guys?

I wonder if this COZA issue was a high profile (known Imam); I can only imagine what you all will be saying about the Religion instead of the action of the individual. Don't you see how you all separated his action from the church?

Leave the Muslims/ISLAM out of this PLEASE

Re: COZA & Man Urinating On Bible: The PUNCH Removes Editor Over Offensive Cartoon by hope4life: 11:42pm On Jul 09, 2019
I created a thread on this topic condemning the sacrilege in no uncertain terms using the pictures as posted above but the moderator of nairaland refuse to allow it to appear to the forum here.I don't know why.
Re: COZA & Man Urinating On Bible: The PUNCH Removes Editor Over Offensive Cartoon by abayomilaws(m): 11:43pm On Jul 09, 2019
udemzyudex:

Another mu.mu talking so that's the best cartoon he could come up with just to portray his point?
He was so ingenious with that artistic cartoon, it best captured the column. In a sane society, that is devoid of dunces like you, the man and his literary material will be appreciated not sacked. Let's forget religion for a while, it is least of our problems.
Re: COZA & Man Urinating On Bible: The PUNCH Removes Editor Over Offensive Cartoon by mkoabiola: 11:43pm On Jul 09, 2019
Abimbola Adelakun..a brilliant writer will be missed

Re: COZA & Man Urinating On Bible: The PUNCH Removes Editor Over Offensive Cartoon by 12inchDickson: 11:44pm On Jul 09, 2019
Xisnin:

I have never read a story where worshippers defend an Imam against a criminal act.
I can bet you that the reason these editors were sacked is that there are some fanatics
among the management, nothing to do with Nigeria being a religious country because
media houses get away with everything in Nigeria.
you are a lying Bastard

Re: COZA & Man Urinating On Bible: The PUNCH Removes Editor Over Offensive Cartoon by OCHKESTINE(m): 11:45pm On Jul 09, 2019
U are either ignorant or foolish.

Apparently u have never lived in the Northern Nigeria before. If u have ever escaped death during religious crisis caused by matters milder than what this editor did, ur comments will carry wisdom.

Sorry I had to use strong language on u. I think u deserve it. Just remembering how religious crisis consumed my childhood friends i had to abuse u.

Stupid!

Xisnin:

I have never read a story where worshippers defend an Imam against a criminal act.
I can bet you that the reason these editors were sacked is that there are some fanatics
among the management, nothing to do with Nigeria being a religious country because

Re: COZA & Man Urinating On Bible: The PUNCH Removes Editor Over Offensive Cartoon by VULCAN(m): 11:54pm On Jul 09, 2019
No, Its urine

Bros, if your semen splashes like that you better see your Dr. quick

Tolexander:

Re: COZA & Man Urinating On Bible: The PUNCH Removes Editor Over Offensive Cartoon by sweetrace(f): 11:59pm On Jul 09, 2019
Xisnin:

Well, now you know that they can’t get away with everything!!!!!
Re: COZA & Man Urinating On Bible: The PUNCH Removes Editor Over Offensive Cartoon by Nobody: 12:11am On Jul 10, 2019
That's why you are not in any position to manage anything even your own life?

Xisnin:
The Punch management are idiots.
They sacked brilliant editors because some snowflakes expressed outrage over an instructive illustration.
Shame on Punch.

Re: COZA & Man Urinating On Bible: The PUNCH Removes Editor Over Offensive Cartoon by olumike001(m): 12:11am On Jul 10, 2019
Xisnin:

Sorry they dont have even Islam doesn't condemn many things that Christianity frown at...do you see at as sin if imam commit adultery, under age marriage in north,killings in the name of Allah etc...
Re: COZA & Man Urinating On Bible: The PUNCH Removes Editor Over Offensive Cartoon by udemzyudex(m): 12:15am On Jul 10, 2019
abayomilaws:

He was so ingenious with that artistic cartoon, it best captured the column. In a sane society, that is devoid of dunces like you, the man and his literary material will be appreciated not sacked. Let's forget religion for a while, it is least of our problems.

Oga shut up jare.

Rubbish.

Re: COZA & Man Urinating On Bible: The PUNCH Removes Editor Over Offensive Cartoon by Sirjamo: 12:15am On Jul 10, 2019
Kingosytex:

Its very obvious that you are yet to realise that Nigeria is a religious country

The editor deserved to be sacked, what he did was tantamount to mockery of christianity. Is it because christians are not violent and blood thirsty?

There have been news of imams raping minors even inside the mosque, how many times have the said editor used a cartoon of a man urintating on a quran to buttress his point and prove his editorial brilliance?
Millions of Catholic priests are doing dirty things to children in churches all over the world, it's in the people, not the religions
Re: COZA & Man Urinating On Bible: The PUNCH Removes Editor Over Offensive Cartoon by Kingosytex(m): 12:17am On Jul 10, 2019
Sirjamo:
Millions of Catholic priests are doing dirty things to children in churches all over the world, it's in the people, not the religions

Agreed, i never doubted that
Re: COZA & Man Urinating On Bible: The PUNCH Removes Editor Over Offensive Cartoon by Legendguru: 12:22am On Jul 10, 2019
oh
Re: COZA & Man Urinating On Bible: The PUNCH Removes Editor Over Offensive Cartoon by sweetrace(f): 12:23am On Jul 10, 2019
abayomilaws:

In trying to show intelligence and sophistication, you simply showed ignorance. Is France not one of the countries you’re referring to as sane? When Charlie Hebdo was attacked with about 12 people killed, others injured on the first day alone with numerous other attacks, murders and hostage situations on subsequent days, was it not because Mohammed was depicted in a humorous way in a cartoon? A cartoon of Mohammed laughing with the caption “a hundred lashes if you don’t die of laughter ‘ or something like that caused so much death and destruction. the whole world was against the Islamist group not because they cared about the cartoon but because of the horrific way the extremists showed their displeasure. People should learn to respect what others hold in high esteem instead of desecrating what they don’t understand or agree with. The Phnch staff understand that Christians won’t get wild and kill them that’s why they had the audacity to come up with that cartoon.

Re: COZA & Man Urinating On Bible: The PUNCH Removes Editor Over Offensive Cartoon by Nobody: 12:25am On Jul 10, 2019
It is always interesting to see Christian hypocrisy at work. People who are the first to shout secularism, freedom of speech, etc are cheering. You have always held your selves as 'superior' to Muslims. Yet you are all outraged and cheering because the editor was sacked for a cartoon that was not even mocking your religion.

i am sure most of you would have physically attacked that editor if you met him in person. You are already cheering that he was sacked. That is some true Christian tolerance right there. Jesus would be proud.

At least most of the mobs rioting over cartoons are stark illiterates. the Charlie hebdo cartoons were direct insults and teh response was frm terrorists . You on the other hand are supposedly educated and enlightened and tolerant, and yet you in reality have thin skins and are easily triggered.

If your religion cannot be mocked ( and it was not in this case) without Consequence, then the difference between you and an illiterate Muslim fanatic is merely degree of reaction.

the message is clear - do not post anything offensive about us or else

Re: COZA & Man Urinating On Bible: The PUNCH Removes Editor Over Offensive Cartoon by abayomilaws(m): 12:43am On Jul 10, 2019
sweetrace:

In trying to show intelligence and sophistication, you simply showed ignorance. Is France not one of the countries you’re referring to as sane? When Charlie Hebdo was attacked with about 12 people killed, others injured on the first day alone with numerous other attacks, murders and hostage situations on subsequent days, was it not because Mohammed was depicted in a humorous way in a cartoon? A cartoon of Mohammed laughing with the caption “a hundred lashes if you don’t die of laughter ‘ or something like that caused so much death and destruction. the whole world was against the Islamist group not because they cared about the cartoon but because of the horrific way the extremists showed their displeasure. People should learn to respect what others hold in high esteem instead of desecrating what they don’t understand or agree with. The Phnch staff understand that Christians won’t get wild and kill them that’s why they had the audacity to come up with that cartoon.
I will allow you to continue to wallow in your ignorance, since you don't seem to understand my position. Religion, opium of masses, is the least of our problems. Next!!!
Re: COZA & Man Urinating On Bible: The PUNCH Removes Editor Over Offensive Cartoon by samtiyelov1(m): 12:51am On Jul 10, 2019
[quote author=JeromeBlack post=80109140]

What happened to privacy and freedom of speech?

Freedom still has its boundaries! Without that freedom is mere madness!

Re: COZA & Man Urinating On Bible: The PUNCH Removes Editor Over Offensive Cartoon by melt(f): 12:59am On Jul 10, 2019
That's an offensive cartoon.
But it ought to have been vetted before publishing.
Re: COZA & Man Urinating On Bible: The PUNCH Removes Editor Over Offensive Cartoon by incogni2o: 1:02am On Jul 10, 2019
Xisnin:
The Punch management are idiots.
They sacked brilliant editors because some snowflakes expressed outrage over an instructive illustration.
Shame on Punch.

You are a disgrace to yourself,

How will you feel if your daughter, sister, mother was depicted as that bible.

Outrages or not, some things just aren't OK

Re: COZA & Man Urinating On Bible: The PUNCH Removes Editor Over Offensive Cartoon by BeLookingIDIOT(m): 1:28am On Jul 10, 2019
Punch is owned by a xtian,the editor also xtian but they still get to drag Islam into their bullshit.

Re: COZA & Man Urinating On Bible: The PUNCH Removes Editor Over Offensive Cartoon by Timi1990(m): 1:44am On Jul 10, 2019
So Punch Newspaper sacked a brilliant Editor because of some religious bullshit ?? I weep for this country

Re: COZA & Man Urinating On Bible: The PUNCH Removes Editor Over Offensive Cartoon by cybriz82(m): 1:47am On Jul 10, 2019
Tolexander:

By now we for no fit pronouns PUNCH...cis dem for don burn d letter PUN and liv d CH..

Re: COZA & Man Urinating On Bible: The PUNCH Removes Editor Over Offensive Cartoon by BnQoyyim(m): 1:52am On Jul 10, 2019
It's rife where prostitutes put on cross and be shouting Jesus during the acts, it's a common place seeing the shepherds molesting the flocks all in the name of deliverance. Crossing the Rubicon is normal in Christendom as they are just under the guise of religion by doing whatever you like how you like.
Re: COZA & Man Urinating On Bible: The PUNCH Removes Editor Over Offensive Cartoon by atikubaba(m): 1:58am On Jul 10, 2019
JomoGbomo2:

You guys are horrible and hypocrites; what concerns the Quran/Muslims with this issue? Are the editors Muslims? Is the News Outlet own by Muslims? If you want to react, react the way you want do not drag the Muslims or Quran into this; it is none of our business.

When a Christian does something horrific, you all rally behind your religion and separate his/her actions from your faith; and sincerely the Muslims care less because we understand. But when a Muslim does same horrific thing you spin your media and find a way to attach the action to the religion just to tarnish the religion to the best of your capacity.

And when it is a Christian on Christianity attack like this case, instead of you guys to deal with it as you wish, you all will still find a way to bring Muslims into it.......What is the problem with you guys?

I wonder if this COZA issue was a high profile (known Imam); I can only imagine what you all will be saying about the Religion instead of the action of the individual. Don't you see how you all separated his action from the church?

Leave the Muslims/ISLAM out of this PLEASE

Jazakumullahu khayran

Re: COZA & Man Urinating On Bible: The PUNCH Removes Editor Over Offensive Cartoon by bereto(m): 2:10am On Jul 10, 2019
Wasn't it published, trying to salvage nothing

Story for the gods
Re: COZA & Man Urinating On Bible: The PUNCH Removes Editor Over Offensive Cartoon by sweetrace(f): 2:13am On Jul 10, 2019
abayomilaws:

I will allow you to continue to wallow in your ignorance, since you don't seem to understand my position. Religion, opium of masses, is the least of our problems. Next!!!

You call the debasement of someone’s belief ingenious and you I don’t understand your position!

Re: COZA & Man Urinating On Bible: The PUNCH Removes Editor Over Offensive Cartoon by enemyofprogress: 2:15am On Jul 10, 2019
You can only try that nonsense with Christians and the Holy Bible, try that nonsense with Quran and those beasts in human skin will set the country on fire. I thank God for Christianity.

Freemasonry, Evil In Nigeria? / Noah's Ark Rebuilt & Opened For Public In Atlanta US With Its Exact Measurements / Zimbabwean Woman In White Garment Strips Unclad During The Church Rally (photos)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50