Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,819 members, 7,817,389 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:22 AM

There’re 198m Nigerians –NPC - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / There’re 198m Nigerians –NPC (10541 Views)

‘There’re Existing Laws’ — Akpabio Says NASS Will Not Review Social Media Bill / Abaribe: There’re Over 30 Separatist Groups In South-East Nigeria Alone / There’re Still Issues Questioning Nigeria’s Unity-buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: There’re 198m Nigerians –NPC by VonTrapp: 8:11am On Jul 10, 2019
We are more than 200 million sef
Re: There’re 198m Nigerians –NPC by davibid: 8:12am On Jul 10, 2019
Trust me, Nigeria is not even up to 170 million persons

1 Like

Re: There’re 198m Nigerians –NPC by vixpal: 8:17am On Jul 10, 2019
What is the difference?
Re: There’re 198m Nigerians –NPC by diehard1: 8:23am On Jul 10, 2019
How Nigeria conjures figures is mind blowing, the nearest country with almost same land mass is just around 99 million. Guess all these figures are just to support "giant of africa" slogan and other internal politics too.

I was in Nigeria during last census and was not even counted. angry angry Even the way the figure grows is something else. Who knows in three years time we will be quoting 250 million as our population.

1 Like

Re: There’re 198m Nigerians –NPC by Champneys: 8:33am On Jul 10, 2019
Useless lot.

If you ask them how they arrived at 198m, they will start performing mental gymnastics!

Anyone who believes Nigeria's population is near 200m or more needs to be shot point blank!
Re: There’re 198m Nigerians –NPC by Kingspin(m): 8:43am On Jul 10, 2019
I can never ever believe NPC unless they conduct a head2head census
Re: There’re 198m Nigerians –NPC by Livefreeordieha(m): 8:48am On Jul 10, 2019
ajl:

Did you say Nigeria is too big? Several states in the US or Canada are bigger than Nigeria. Once I travelled by road for 8 hours within Texas.
...yes Nigeria is too big... Can't Argue with u since u initially attempted to discredit my submission by using USA... People who understand the landmass nigeria covers and who are privy to unknown communities dispersed all over understand my point.
Re: There’re 198m Nigerians –NPC by Nobody: 8:50am On Jul 10, 2019
edunwablog:
Contrary to speculations by most international organisations that Nigeria’s population is 200 million, the National Population Commission (NPC) has said the country’s population is 198 million.

NPC Director General, Dr. Ghaji Ismaila Bello, who spoke at a press conference in Abuja, yesterday, to mark the 2019 World Population Day entitled: ‘25 years of ICPD: Accelerating the Promise, ‘ maintained that the country needs another census to ascertain the country’s actual population.

He said: “As at today, we are about 198 million. Three months ago, UNFPA brought out a figure of 201 million and we were asked to comment on that. For us, the difference between the UNFDP figure and ours is a function of assumptions. In the absence of accurate census, you have to use model and projection in order to arrive at a figure that you are projecting. There is no major fundamental difference per se between 201 and 198 million. Granted that 3 million can be the size of most countries, but when you are talking of very huge figure the margin of zero is small.

“It is imperative that Nigeria should undertake another census in the light of the recommendation of the UN for census to be taken every ten years and bearing in mind that the last census was undertaken in 2006 and we ought to have taken another census in 2016.

But, NPC’s acting National Chairman, Yusuf Anka, noted that the country still lags behind in meeting the ‘Cairo Plan’s, which gives women greater control over their lives, promote economic equality and opportunity, and stressed that the plan should be implemented.

https://www.akelicious.net/2019/07/therere-198m-nigerians-npc.html

Stupid country.

The population of Nigeria is less than 140 million.

1 Like

Re: There’re 198m Nigerians –NPC by dododawa1: 9:01am On Jul 10, 2019
Centcanada:
Mumu body! 198 and 200 what's the diffence?
use your brain,( different)
Re: There’re 198m Nigerians –NPC by Nobody: 9:14am On Jul 10, 2019
We are 12 in my family. Dem no count any of us. My neighbors were not counted.... someone de dea de talk wetin no correct.
Re: There’re 198m Nigerians –NPC by Nobody: 9:25am On Jul 10, 2019
edunwablog:
Contrary to speculations by most international organisations that Nigeria’s population is 200 million, the National Population Commission (NPC) has said the country’s population is 198 million.

NPC Director General, Dr. Ghaji Ismaila Bello, who spoke at a press conference in Abuja, yesterday, to mark the 2019 World Population Day entitled: ‘25 years of ICPD: Accelerating the Promise, ‘ maintained that the country needs another census to ascertain the country’s actual population.

He said: “As at today, we are about 198 million. Three months ago, UNFPA brought out a figure of 201 million and we were asked to comment on that. For us, the difference between the UNFDP figure and ours is a function of assumptions. In the absence of accurate census, you have to use model and projection in order to arrive at a figure that you are projecting. There is no major fundamental difference per se between 201 and 198 million. Granted that 3 million can be the size of most countries, but when you are talking of very huge figure the margin of zero is small.

“It is imperative that Nigeria should undertake another census in the light of the recommendation of the UN for census to be taken every ten years and bearing in mind that the last census was undertaken in 2006 and we ought to have taken another census in 2016.

But, NPC’s acting National Chairman, Yusuf Anka, noted that the country still lags behind in meeting the ‘Cairo Plan’s, which gives women greater control over their lives, promote economic equality and opportunity, and stressed that the plan should be implemented.

https://www.akelicious.net/2019/07/therere-198m-nigerians-npc.html

How can you do census in 2016 when the dullard is on the throne?
Re: There’re 198m Nigerians –NPC by Bibors(m): 9:39am On Jul 10, 2019
The way this figure jumped from 170m to 198m in 2 years means you know we have been invaded by 28m Fulani people from Mali, Mauritania, Chad, Niger, Ghana, Burkina Faso and all over the world.

1 Like

Re: There’re 198m Nigerians –NPC by yaki84: 10:18am On Jul 10, 2019
SoNature:
Yeye country that doesn't know its population

Nigeria is like a father who doesn’t know the number of children it has
Nigeria isnt a father, na adopted step-father.

1 Like

Re: There’re 198m Nigerians –NPC by EdwardRandy(m): 10:24am On Jul 10, 2019
Who did the counting? Because my family and I were not counted, same as a lot of people I know that were not counted.. We fit don reach 220million for this country sef lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: There’re 198m Nigerians –NPC by ibietela2(m): 10:40am On Jul 10, 2019
theenchanter:
Lol, when was census conducted? The last census was catastrophic with governors coming up with pop figures.

A country of 198m with 30m voters when egypt with half our population had 27m voters...

Who's fooling who?

Lol, looks like 170M are children grin
Re: There’re 198m Nigerians –NPC by Redman44(m): 10:58am On Jul 10, 2019
Nigeria's population is close to 200 Million. No doubt about it. Many people were not counted during the last census in 2006. A good number of Nigerians were out of the country during the census and returned after the headcount. Do you know the number of Nigerians in Cameroun, Benin Republic and Togo who go in and come out of Nigeria on a weekly or monthly basis? Nigeria is about 190 Million people, minus Nigerians who are in Europe, America, Canada and other parts of the world smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley.
Re: There’re 198m Nigerians –NPC by ebuk4real(m): 11:06am On Jul 10, 2019
Lucid1:

Uncle where did you get these lies from? Stop picking gists from beer parlors

Re: There’re 198m Nigerians –NPC by Nobody: 11:09am On Jul 10, 2019
[quote author=ebuk4real post=80120721][/quote]

Satellite imagery can't give you an 'accurate' figure.

For what reason was he sacked, details not headlines please
Re: There’re 198m Nigerians –NPC by GenFunction: 11:10am On Jul 10, 2019
the one una count na
Re: There’re 198m Nigerians –NPC by ibietela2(m): 11:15am On Jul 10, 2019
diehard1:
How Nigeria conjures figures is mind blowing, the nearest country with almost same land mass is just around 99 million. Guess all these figures are just to support "giant of africa" slogan and other internal politics too.

I was in Nigeria during last census and was not even counted. angry angry Even the way the figure grows is something else. Who knows in three years time we will be quoting 250 million as our population.

Ethiopia?
Re: There’re 198m Nigerians –NPC by ibietela2(m): 11:16am On Jul 10, 2019
Captaintimex:
We are 12 in my family. Dem no count any of us. My neighbors were not counted.... someone de dea de talk wetin no correct.

That's why he arrived at 198, so all of una don join
Re: There’re 198m Nigerians –NPC by ebuk4real(m): 11:25am On Jul 10, 2019
Lucid1:

Satellite imagery can't give you an 'accurate' figure.

For what reason was he sacked, details not headlines please

Hope you have google? It won't cost you anything to read it up Sir/Ma. Thanks
Re: There’re 198m Nigerians –NPC by Ttipsy(f): 11:54am On Jul 10, 2019
nonsense, biased and baseless analysis
Re: There’re 198m Nigerians –NPC by Starz825(m): 12:07pm On Jul 10, 2019
I know say one day be one day ..if Nigeria no leave me then I go leave Nigeria....and you all can enjoy the 197.9million remaining population grin
Re: There’re 198m Nigerians –NPC by Oshin56(m): 12:21pm On Jul 10, 2019
This is an assumption
Re: There’re 198m Nigerians –NPC by Nobody: 12:41pm On Jul 10, 2019
ebuk4real:

Hope you have google? It won't cost you anything to read it up Sir/Ma. Thanks

I know what I wrote, na research wey I don read
Re: There’re 198m Nigerians –NPC by ShenTeh(m): 1:19pm On Jul 10, 2019
theenchanter:
Lol, when was census conducted? The last census was catastrophic with governors coming up with pop figures.

A country of 198m with 30m voters when egypt with half our population had 27m voters...

Who's fooling who?

Of course l, we are not more than 100m.

Who dash us 200m?

We are a joke.
Re: There’re 198m Nigerians –NPC by Thegamingorca(m): 2:00pm On Jul 10, 2019
Oga our birth relative to death rate is 4:1

It's way above 250million if you ask me. You must be very stupid with this your statistics

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ohanaeze Berates Nnamdi Kanu's IPOB For Placing N1m Bounty On Igbo Governors / N14.7bn Proceeds Of Defunct PHCN Hidden In Commercials Banks / 2023: PDP Will Collapse If Ikpeazu Picks Ngwa Candidate – TIMASS Boss, Ikeokwu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.