Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,407 members, 7,954,619 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 01:44 AM

George Iwilade: The July 10th OAU Massacre, 20 Years After - Education (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / George Iwilade: The July 10th OAU Massacre, 20 Years After (46780 Views)

George Iwilade - Afrika / 21 Years After: The Blood Of George Iwilade "AFRIKA" Still Cry For Justice. / Throwback Pics Of Iwilade Afrika, Omoyele Sowore And Lanre Legacy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: George Iwilade: The July 10th OAU Massacre, 20 Years After by MelechYisrael: 1:14pm On Jul 12, 2019
2mch:
There is a Larry Obichie who is a Manager with PWC in Cyprus. He looks like he will be the same age as these boys 20yrs later. PWC should be notified if he’s the one. His LinkedIn picture is online.

YES!!! Categorically HE IS THE ONE!! First, Larry Obichie was a senior of mine in Secondary school. He was a prefect too and quite brilliant and handsome then, but very mean.We schooled in one of the Lagos State Model colleges, founded by Mike Akhigbe then military administrator of Lagos. His younger brother was my junior too, Emeka Obichie.Then, I later went to OAU and I saw Larry paraded, with a sub-machine gun, I was shoked! Larry was the Hit man of confraternity or NBM as they call it, a Geology student while His older brother, Uche Obichie was the Capo. His older brother was initially in Uniben or Epoma I think, He was rusticated based on cult activities and He came to OAU to be Capo.
Some of the cultists that were caught after the incidence included a Year 1 student of Ekpoma, they tortured him and one other in front of Student Union Building or SUB, they tried to get a confession but he refused, he was beaten to death. I heard Larry's father flew Him out of Nigeria after He was declared wanted. Very sad

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: George Iwilade: The July 10th OAU Massacre, 20 Years After by Cityguy: 11:26pm On Jul 14, 2019
Each time I remember, I give you thanks Lord. May their souls rest in perfect peace.
Re: George Iwilade: The July 10th OAU Massacre, 20 Years After by comtem2011: 10:46am On Jul 17, 2019
MelechYisrael:

YES!!! Categorically HE IS THE ONE!! First, Larry Obichie was a senior of mine in Secondary school. He was a prefect too and quite brilliant and handsome then, but very mean.We schooled in one of the Lagos State Model colleges, founded by Mike Akhigbe then military administrator of Lagos. His younger brother was my junior too, Emeka Obichie.Then, I later went to OAU and I saw Larry paraded, with a sub-machine gun, I was shoked! Larry was the Hit man of confraternity or NBM as they call it, a Geology student while His older brother, Uche Obichie was the Capo. His older brother was initially in Uniben or Epoma I think, He was rusticated based on cult activities and He came to OAU to be Capo.
Some of the cultists that were caught after the incidence included a Year 1 student of Ekpoma, they tortured him and one other in front of Student Union Building or SUB, they tried to get a confession but he refused, he was beaten to death. I heard Larry's father flew Him out of Nigeria after He was declared wanted. Very sad
Nawa for their family o, cultist family.

1 Like

Re: George Iwilade: The July 10th OAU Massacre, 20 Years After by AntiMCU: 1:17am On Aug 03, 2019
MelechYisrael:

And people still believe in Karma cheesy
Re: George Iwilade: The July 10th OAU Massacre, 20 Years After by W3xy1(m): 8:22am On Jul 06, 2020
Justice for iwilade
Re: George Iwilade: The July 10th OAU Massacre, 20 Years After by Stormyweather(m): 12:31am On Jul 11, 2020
Stormyweather:
Live on George Iwilade (Afrika). It's disdainfully sad that the people who are enjoying peace today don't know the blood sacrifice that was used to pay for it.

July 10 is not one of those days to forget easily neither is it one we'll like to remember but for the continuous reign of peace, we often need to be reminded the price that was paid for it.

Current OAU students who can walk around the school at anytime of the day/night without harassment from cultists don't even know what price was paid. I sometime ago spoke with some students about the July 10th massacre but most of them are either ignorant about it, feigned ignorance or showed little or no concern.

I can't remember a more touching story that has helped form peace in Nigerian institutions. This freedom isn't enjoyed in most of the Nigerian institutions and there's been no Messiah (Afrika) to stand up for the students.
The true definition of heroism is when one stands up to fight a good cause. George was a secretary general of the SUG and he indeed represented the people unlike what we have in various institutions today.

It is a fervent prayer that one day the perpetrators of this hideous crime will be brought to justice.

live on George
Re: George Iwilade: The July 10th OAU Massacre, 20 Years After by Stormyweather(m): 2:48pm On Jul 10, 2023
A good time to remember George Iwilade Afrika. 24 years after the massacre not one person has been brought to book.

1 Like

Re: George Iwilade: The July 10th OAU Massacre, 20 Years After by Midex88(m): 8:12am On Aug 01, 2023
dejio42:

Dugbe Dugbe

Omo university
Re: George Iwilade: The July 10th OAU Massacre, 20 Years After by Sleekfingers: 11:53pm On Jul 13
2mch:
Olakanmi Ogundele works with Sujimoto. He must be Sujimoto’s relative. They have the same surname

Having the same surname doesn't make them relatives....

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

See Picture Of A Classroom In Nigeria In 1950 / Funny Pix Of Secondary School Relationships / Final Year Student Abandons Medicine For Mass Comm 2 weeks before final exam

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.