Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,714 members, 7,824,023 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 08:40 PM

What The Bible Says About Homosexuality. - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What The Bible Says About Homosexuality. (2417 Views)

What Does The Bible Say About Homosexuality? / What You Need To Know About Homosexuality(Read To The End) / Jehovah’s Witnesses Believe About Gay & What The Bible Says About Homosexuality (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What The Bible Says About Homosexuality. by OkCornel(m): 12:49pm On Jul 11, 2019
Maximus69:

Good!
And our faith is not all about just to quote fitting scriptures against others for their wrongdoing alone or choice of lifestyle.
It's about 100% compliance to all the admonitions found in the book, including the one ordering believers NOT TO ENGAGE in fits of anger and abusive speeches! wink

Satan is very crafty Sir, he will make you stand on the ground of righteousness but with the clothing of unrighteousness. While you're trying to defend the Bible, try as much as possible not to engage in any of those acts upon which God's judgement is fast approaching! Galatians 5:19-21

Duly noted. I am not angry...if indeed I am, you would be horrified at my choice of words... which I would never use on this platform...or anywhere else for that matter...

I'm enjoying engaging these stubborn liars who see the plain truth but choose to believe a lie...

If anything, I'm more amused rather than angry...
Re: What The Bible Says About Homosexuality. by Neymar1095(m): 12:50pm On Jul 11, 2019
Christians often cite Leviticus 20:13 which says:

If a man lies with a male as with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination; they shall surely be put to death; their blood is upon them

The Bible says it's wrong, therefore it's wrong. However, the Bible also says that you should not wear clothing woven of mixed fabrics in Leviticus 19:19 and and that you should stone your rebellious children to death in Deuteronomy 21:18-21
Leviticus 19:19

“You shall keep my statutes. You shall not sow your field with two kinds of seed, nor shall you wear a garment of cloth made of two kinds of material.
Deuteronomy 21:18-21

“If a man has a stubborn and rebellious son who will not obey the voice of his father or the voice of his mother , and, though they discipline him, will not listen to them, then his father and his mother shall take hold of him and bring him out to the elders of his city at the gate of the place where he lives, and they shall say to the elders of his city, ‘This our son is stubborn and rebellious; he will not obey our voice; he is a glutton and a drunkard.’ Then all the men of the city shall stone him to death with stones . So you shall purge the evil from your midst, and all Israel shall hear, and fear.

Thus, in order to be consistent, if you are vehement about following the command against homosexuality, you should also follow God's other laws and avoid mixed fabrics, shellfish and stone your children since they are from the same Old Law. However most Christians no longer follow the Old Law, in which case, there is no reason to oppose homosexuality.
Re: What The Bible Says About Homosexuality. by OkCornel(m): 12:52pm On Jul 11, 2019
Neymar1095:

If a man lies with a male as with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination; they shall surely be put to death; their blood is upon them

The Bible says it's wrong, therefore it's wrong. However, the Bible also says that you should not wear clothing woven of mixed fabrics in Leviticus 19:19 and and that you should stone your rebellious children to death in Deuteronomy 21:18-21

“You shall keep my statutes. You shall not sow your field with two kinds of seed, nor shall you wear a garment of cloth made of two kinds of material.

“If a man has a stubborn and rebellious son who will not obey the voice of his father or the voice of his mother , and, though they discipline him, will not listen to them, then his father and his mother shall take hold of him and bring him out to the elders of his city at the gate of the place where he lives, and they shall say to the elders of his city, ‘This our son is stubborn and rebellious; he will not obey our voice; he is a glutton and a drunkard.’ Then all the men of the city shall stone him to death with stones . So you shall purge the evil from your midst, and all Israel shall hear, and fear.

Thus, in order to be consistent, if you are vehement about following the command against homosexuality, you should also follow God's other laws and avoid mixed fabrics, shellfish and stone your children since they are from the same Old Law. However most Christians no longer follow the Old Law, in which case, there is no reason to oppose homosexuality.

1 Corinthians 6:9-10 New King James Version (NKJV)

9 Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived. Neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor homosexuals, nor sodomites, 10 nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners will inherit the kingdom of God.

This is in the new testament, alongside Romans 1 v 26-28 which clearly condemns homosexuality...

Please just tell us Apostle Paul is wrong
Re: What The Bible Says About Homosexuality. by Nobody: 1:13pm On Jul 11, 2019
Neymar1095:

Christianity is not about quoting scriptures against those refuting the Bible's orders. It's about reasoning with them logically! Isaiah 1:18

TRUE Christians will NEVER quote any law for you to OBEY in the Old Testament because we're not the ones God made that covenant with!

Our own covenant is a new one that's written in our hearts {Jeremiah 31:31-34} so it's the power of higher intellect {Holy Spirit} that speaks through our mouths to silence all opposers of God's sovereignty! Hebrews 4:12 compared to Isaiah 54:17

So instead of quoting the laws, we quote logical reasoning, unless the opposers insist we show them supporting texts to prove we have divine backings in whatever we believe, that's the time to show them. But it's pointless quoting scriptures for someone who gives no bleep for an unseen spirit being! wink

Our God has equipped us beyond what the most intelligent unbeliever can think, say or do! 2Timothy 3:16-17 compared to Matthew 10:19-20 wink
Re: What The Bible Says About Homosexuality. by OkCornel(m): 1:31pm On Jul 11, 2019
Maximus69:

Christianity is not about quoting scriptures against those refuting the Bible's orders. It's about reasoning with them logically! Isaiah 1:18

TRUE Christians will NEVER quote any law for you to OBEY in the Old Testament because we're not the ones God made that covenant with!

Our own covenant is a new one that's written in our hearts {Jeremiah 31:31-34} so it's the power of higher intellect {Holy Spirit} that speaks through our mouths to silence all opposers of God's sovereignty! Hebrews 4:12 compared to Isaiah 54:17

So instead of quoting the laws, we quote logical reasoning, unless the opposers insist we show them supporting texts to prove we have divine backings in whatever we believe, that's the time to show them. But it's pointless quoting scriptures for someone who gives no bleep for an unseen spirit being! wink

Our God has equipped us beyond what the most intelligent unbeliever can think, say or do! 2Timothy 3:16-17 compared to Matthew 10:19-20 wink

That was why I specifically mentioned that instruction in Leviticus was God clearly abolishing the act of homosexuality amongst the Jews...

However, the scriptures in 1 Corinthians 6v 9-10 and Romans 1 v 26-27 which also clearly condemns homosexuality applies to believers in the new covenant...

I am patiently waiting for Neymar1095 to tell us Apostle Paul was wrong in writing those to the believers...
Re: What The Bible Says About Homosexuality. by Nobody: 1:49pm On Jul 11, 2019
OkCornel:

That was why I specifically mentioned that instruction in Leviticus was Good clearly abolishing the act of homosexuality amongst the Jews...
However, the scriptures in 1 Corinthians 6v 9-10 and Romans 1 v 26-27 which also clearly condemns homosexuality applies to believers in the new covenant...
I am patiently waiting for Neymar1095 to tell us Apostle Paul was wrong in writing those to believers...

Hmmm,
You're not getting Neymar's arguments!

He's not saying you can't find scriptural quotations to condemn the act, but there's NO logical reason for condemning it! cheesy

So no matter where or what you quote from the Bible, Neymar will still tell you 'it's not convincing enough!' cheesy

In our organization {Jehovah's Witnesses} we are specially trained to handle discussions with everyone, including those who give no bleep to written documents! That's why he's not replying my posts again, rather he will focus on you whom he feels is angered by he's posts.
Atheistic warfare is a diplomatic one, since they're faithless they're happy seeing believers grieved over what we have and holds so dear 'OUR FAITH'! cheesy
Re: What The Bible Says About Homosexuality. by OkCornel(m): 2:00pm On Jul 11, 2019
Double post
Re: What The Bible Says About Homosexuality. by OkCornel(m): 2:01pm On Jul 11, 2019
Maximus69:

Hmmm,
You're not getting Neymar's arguments!

He's not saying you can't find scriptural quotations to condemn the act, but there's NO logical reason for condemning it! cheesy

So no matter where or what you quote from the Bible, Neymar will still tell you 'it's not convincing enough!' cheesy

In our organization {Jehovah's Witnesses} we are specially trained to handle discussions with everyone, including those who give no bleep to written documents! That's why he's not replying my posts again, rather he will focus on you whom he feels is angered by he's posts.
Atheistic warfare is a diplomatic one, since they're faithless they're happy seeing believers grieved over what we have and holds so dear 'OUR FAITH'! cheesy

Lol...no logical reason to condemn the act?

If he's a product of same sex relationship where a man slept with a man or a woman slept with a woman to conceive him...

Ehen we can start from there...

A person who owes his existence from a man/woman relationship & marriage canvassing for same sex relationship & marriage is a big fat joke...

Anyways...at least it's very clear the scriptures is against such acts...if he wants to argue outside the scriptures... Best of luck to him...

I'd like to know where two sperm cells were fused together or two ova cells were fused together to create a child...
Re: What The Bible Says About Homosexuality. by OkCornel(m): 2:07pm On Jul 11, 2019
Neymar1095:

The fact that homosexuality has existed since the dawn of man, among many animal species, is proof that it is natural.. Besides it is created by God for his creature or are you saying God made a mistake.

The fact that there are humans with insatiable urge to sleep with dogs, donkeys and horses means it's God's fault?

The fact that there are adults with insatiable urge to defile little children makes it God's fault?

The fact that there are many lustful adults committing masturbation, fornication and adultery makes it God's fault?

Joke's on you dude...

If you can justify homosexuality..then the instances above ought to be justified as well...
Re: What The Bible Says About Homosexuality. by Nobody: 2:48pm On Jul 11, 2019
OkCornel:

Lol...no logical reason to condemn the act?
If he's a product of same sex relationship where a man slept with a man or a woman slept with a woman to conceive him...
Ehen we can start from there...
A person who owes his existence from a man/woman relationship & marriage canvassing for same sex relationship & marriage is a big fat joke...
Anyways...at least it's very clear the scriptures is against such acts...if he wants to argue outside the scriptures... Best of luck to him...
I'd like to know where two sperm cells were fused together or two ova cells were fused together to create a child...

Hmmm,

You're truthfully against unrighteousness but you still have a lot to learn from our great Counselor, Teacher, Master, Lord and King Jesus Christ!
He said 'i'll teach you how to catch men ALIVE!' Luke 5:10

You can't catch a fish when you're harsh in appearance, you must appear STUPID before the fish as in behaving selflessly before the sea creatures! Matthew 4:19

Now let's learn from Jesus' example. He is the only begotten son of the most high God {Matthew 16:16} as in a MIGHTY God on his own! Isaiah 9:6

When Philip discovered that Jesus is the Messiah, he ran quickly to call his brother Nathaniel saying 'we have found the Christ, Jesus of Nazareth' immediately Nathaniel responded scornfully 'can anything good come out of Nazareth?' John 1:45-46
Now if you're Jesus haven heard that would you graciously welcome such a person? But listen to what Jesus said 'look! a true Israelite in whom there is no deceit' John 1:47

Of course Jesus said this because Nathaniel have spoken from his heart! Luke 6:45
But later another man approached Jesus addressing him as 'GOOD teacher' {Luke 18:18} Jesus also displayed the same kind of warmth towards him as well! Mark 10:21

Now while Nathaniel remained faithful, following the one he scorned from the start to the end even dying as one of Jesus' closest confidants {Apostles}, the other guy with sugarcoated mouth can't stand all that it takes to remain as Jesus' friend!

So we give everyone equal chances no matter how unquestionably stupid they may sound at first, we're not to determine what they may turn out to be in the future! Matthew 13:3-8

That's why we need to be wise as serpent and harmless as dove! Matthew 10:16

God bless you! wink
Re: What The Bible Says About Homosexuality. by OkCornel(m): 3:01pm On Jul 11, 2019
Maximus69:

Hmmm,

You're truthfully against unrighteousness but you still have a lot to learn from our great Counselor, Teacher, Master, Lord and King Jesus Christ!
He said 'i'll teach you how to catch men ALIVE!' Luke 5:10

You can't catch a fish when you're harsh in appearance, you must appear STUPID before the fish as in behaving selflessly before the sea creatures! Matthew 4:19

Now let's learn from Jesus' example. He is the only begotten son of the most high God {Matthew 16:16} as in a MIGHTY God on his own! Isaiah 9:6

When Philip discovered that Jesus is the Messiah, he ran quickly to call his brother Nathaniel saying 'we have found the Christ, Jesus of Nazareth' immediately Nathaniel responded scornfully 'can anything good come out of Nazareth?' John 1:45-46
Now if you're Jesus haven heard that would you graciously welcome such a person? But listen to what Jesus said 'look! a true Israelite in whom there is no deceit' John 1:47

Of course Jesus said this because Nathaniel have spoken from his heart! Luke 6:45
But later another man approached Jesus addressing him as 'GOOD teacher' {Luke 18:18} Jesus also displayed the same kind of warmth towards him as well! Mark 10:21

Now while Nathaniel remained faithful, following the one he scorned from the start to the end even dying as one of Jesus' closest confidants {Apostles}, the other guy with sugarcoated mouth can't stand all that it takes to remain as Jesus' friend!

So we give everyone equal chances no matter how unquestionably stupid they may sound at first, we're not to determine what they may turn out to be in the future! Matthew 13:3-8

That's why we need to be wise as serpent and harmless as dove! Matthew 10:16

God bless you! wink

My brother, we all have a lot to learn from Jesus...

I admit I could have been better in my choice of words. However, you also have to be blunt with the truth in the face of stubborn insultive liars...

Apostle Paul and Jude also never minced words whilst dealing false teachers and doctrines...
Re: What The Bible Says About Homosexuality. by Nobody: 3:27pm On Jul 11, 2019
OkCornel:

My brother, we all have a lot to learn from Jesus...

I admit I could have been better in my choice of words. However, you also have to be blunt with the truth in the face of stubborn insultive liars...

Apostle Paul and Jude also never minced words whilst dealing false teachers and doctrines...

You're absolutely right!

But that's when those in question have agreed to obey the same Lord Jesus, in such cases you can lash such miscreants out of God's congregations frankly! Galatians 2:11, 3:1

However as for those who have not agreed to come to terms with the law of Christ, we must be respectful with all mildness! 1Peter 3:15,16

You need to know first the motive behind atheism! It's to debunk all manners of willful obedience, they find it difficult to agree that intelligent creatures could willfully subject themselves to certain rules without force!
So when they see you doing fine with this, they're puzzled and they start seeking for all schemes to prove that you're being stupid! 1Peter 4:4
Though by doing this, they've judged themselves already for going against their own terms, which says NO MIND CONTROLLING! Therefore if they're against mind controlling, then what are they doing with all their schemes? Is it not to make others think the way they do?
No wonder Paul rightly defined them! Roman 2:15 wink
Re: What The Bible Says About Homosexuality. by Melvyn11: 5:26pm On Jul 11, 2019
Neymar1095:

The fact that homosexuality has existed since the dawn of man, among many animal species, is proof that it is natural.. Besides it is created by God for his creature or are you saying God made a mistake.
You're right. Homosexuality is completely natural and God made.

1 Like

Re: What The Bible Says About Homosexuality. by Neymar1095(m): 5:35pm On Jul 11, 2019
OkCornel:

The fact that there are humans with insatiable urge to sleep with dogs, donkeys and horses means it's God's fault?

The fact that there are adults with insatiable urge to defile little children makes it God's fault?

The fact that there are many lustful adults committing masturbation, fornication and adultery makes it God's fault?

Joke's on you dude...

If you can justify homosexuality..then the instances above ought to be justified as well...
You did not answer my question are you saying God is wrong? Why does god force homosexuality upon the animal kingdom, but only condemns humans for it? And that's your opinion. That's what you've been told. Medically, socially...there's nothing wrong with it. It takes religion to believe it's wrong.
Re: What The Bible Says About Homosexuality. by Melvyn11: 5:38pm On Jul 11, 2019
Neymar1095:

You did not answer my question are you saying God is wrong? Why does god force homosexuality upon the animal kingdom, but only condemns humans for it? And that's your opinion. That's what you've been told. Medically, socially...there's nothing wrong with it. It takes religion to believe it's wrong.

The issue people take with religion is when they take the rules that their God meant for them and try to somehow impose those on people who share entirely different beliefs.
Re: What The Bible Says About Homosexuality. by Nobody: 5:57pm On Jul 11, 2019
Neymar1095:

So you've already taken your stand on what you're going to do. Then why seeking the opinion of religionists when you're sure they'll come up with stringent rules?

You don't need a go ahead from anyone before doing whatever your heart desires, leave religionists and their God alone!

@OkCornel take note! wink
Re: What The Bible Says About Homosexuality. by OkCornel(m): 6:09pm On Jul 11, 2019
Neymar1095:

And yet the title of your thread is "What the Bible says about Homosexuality"
Re: What The Bible Says About Homosexuality. by OkCornel(m): 6:10pm On Jul 11, 2019
Maximus69:

So you've already taken your stand on what you're going to do. Then why seeking the opinion of religionists when you're sure they'll come up with stringent rules?

You don't need a go ahead from anyone before doing whatever your heart desires, leave religionists and their God alone!

@OkCornel take note! wink

Please note the title of the thread.

What the Bible says about Homosexuality.

As though the Bible is in support of homosexuality...
Re: What The Bible Says About Homosexuality. by Nobody: 6:23pm On Jul 11, 2019
OkCornel:

Please note the title of the thread.

What the Bible says about Homosexuality.

As though the Bible is in support of homosexuality...

Now you can see that it was an indirect attack on God's sovereignty!

The spirit pretends as if it's inquiring of right and wrong {Genesis 3:1} but after taken your stand with the complete spiritual armor. Ephesians 6:10-11
The identity of the spirit behind the scene becomes obvious! 1John 4:6

God bless you! smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What The Bible Says About Homosexuality. by johnw47: 2:29am On Jul 12, 2019
Maximus69:

so it's the power of higher intellect {Holy Spirit} that speaks through our mouths to silence all opposers of God's sovereignty! Hebrews 4:12 compared to Isaiah 54:17

wink
wink

mad™ max
the Holy Spirit is not a impersonal power, but is God
ask for scriptures
Re: What The Bible Says About Homosexuality. by johnw47: 2:42am On Jul 12, 2019
just dealing with two people, and

leaving aside the marriage between the church and Jesus, and
leaving aside the marriage between God and Israel, and
leaving aside the spiritual aspect of marriage between a man and a woman

a marriage between two humans, it is to be a marriage between a male and a female:

Mar 10:6  But from the beginning of the creation God made them male and female. 
Mar 10:7  For this cause shall a man leave his father and mother, and cleave to his wife;

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

My Best Christian PDF Books So Far / ⚫⚫⚫⚫ Just Like God, Man Is Also A Trinity / Are You Happy You Were Raised In Deeper Life?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 109
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.