Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,795 members, 7,810,070 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:57 PM

Battle For Child Custody For A Deceased Friend - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Battle For Child Custody For A Deceased Friend (23270 Views)

I Want To Report My Mum To Human Rights For Child Abuse / Vera Ogbebor: Battle For Child Custody / Impending Child Custody Battle: Baby Mama Preventing Access To My Daughter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Battle For Child Custody For A Deceased Friend by 2mch(m): 4:55pm On Jul 10, 2019
chloride6:

Have you ever gone abroad and seen a mad person take care of a child?

A child is not a property to be possessed.

The well being of the child is ultimate and will be considered first..
I have gone and lived abroad. Mentally ill people take care of their children. Disabled like this woman take care of their children. If you know something about this case, go and return the child to the mother ASAP.

11 Likes

Re: Battle For Child Custody For A Deceased Friend by bigiyaro(m): 4:59pm On Jul 10, 2019
Cioccolata:
She is bedridden.
She should fight for her health.

Only the living can take care of the living.

Lalasticlala, my sensei, help a brother out.
u don't know the age of the child, moreover the presence of her child will give her the motivation to fight for her life both emotionally and otherwise. I don't know if you have any children, but the thought of loosing a husband and child at a go, can even kill a healthy person, talk more of a bedridden woman, abeg let them give her, her blood jare, all these fvcking relatives looking for house help. Nobody can love a child more than it's mother.

16 Likes

Re: Battle For Child Custody For A Deceased Friend by SIRTee15: 5:00pm On Jul 10, 2019
chloride6:

Have you ever gone abroad and seen a mad person take care of a child?

A child is not a property to be possessed.

The well being of the child is ultimate and will be considered first..

People with mental illness and disability take care of their children abroad...
They get the required support if they need it....
No one takes away your children just because u are recovering from an illness...
What they doing to that woman is wickedness and mental torture....
If the woman wants her child, she should be returned....
Simple....
Nigerians and support for female oppression is like 5&6...

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Battle For Child Custody For A Deceased Friend by gabito4luv(m): 5:01pm On Jul 10, 2019
GistFullGround:

Go to court on her behalf. The courts will compel her to.

That's Benins are...
I am not even based there. Which makes it difficult for me. But I really wished an alternative dispute resolution channel was available in Benin like they have in Lagos. My concern is at the end of the day both families should work together to raise the child.

3 Likes

Re: Battle For Child Custody For A Deceased Friend by bigiyaro(m): 5:01pm On Jul 10, 2019
AxxeMan:

OP let your friend focus on healing fully first before requesting for the child, you should take into consideration the fact that her husbands family too are also mourning and their only succour right now is that child with them..... So let them keep her for now please!!

And are both couples Edo?
don't you think the mother also need the same succour? infact don't you she needs it more than the relatives?

6 Likes

Re: Battle For Child Custody For A Deceased Friend by delishpot: 5:02pm On Jul 10, 2019
Honey ignore my family... Just endure and let our wedding take place.
After all you are marrying me not them/after all I am marrying their son not them. After wedding everyman face his lane...... This is the end result!

He who has ears.........

5 Likes

Re: Battle For Child Custody For A Deceased Friend by DavidEsq(m): 5:03pm On Jul 10, 2019
UjuJoan2:

Having that child with her will fasten her healing process.
Tell that to a judge.
Re: Battle For Child Custody For A Deceased Friend by kense88: 5:03pm On Jul 10, 2019
Her life is more important now
Re: Battle For Child Custody For A Deceased Friend by babyfaceafrica: 5:05pm On Jul 10, 2019
SIRTee15:

People with mental illness and disability take care of their children abroad...
They get the required support if they need it....
No one takes away your children just because u are recovering from an illness...
What they doing to that woman is wickedness and mental torture....
If the woman wants her child, she should be returned....
Simple....
Nigerians and support for female oppression is like 5&6...
this abriad you are satijg a judge oreedered that. mentally unstable wiman abort her child..just last week..the news made frontpage
Re: Battle For Child Custody For A Deceased Friend by OvaSabi1(f): 5:08pm On Jul 10, 2019
Seeing the child can positively affect her psychologically and she can fight to get back to her feet. For now, just make an arrangement that will allow her see the child as often as possible and find some elders to explain to her the benefit of putting on your own oxygen mask before helping your co passenger. That child may suffer if she isn't in the right physical and mental state of health, although I agree that she should be allowed to see the child.

3 Likes

Re: Battle For Child Custody For A Deceased Friend by gabito4luv(m): 5:08pm On Jul 10, 2019
bigiyaro:
u don't know the age of the child, moreover the presence of her child will give her the motivation to fight for her life both emotionally and otherwise. I don't know if you have any children, but the thought of loosing a husband and child at a go, can even kill a healthy person, talk more of a bedridden woman, abeg let them give her, her blood jare, all these fvcking relatives looking for house help. Nobody can love a child more than it's mother.
Spot on. If not this lady is a fighter God knows what would have been her fate. To her survived an accident involving 10 persons alone is not a joke

5 Likes

Re: Battle For Child Custody For A Deceased Friend by Beey(f): 5:09pm On Jul 10, 2019
gabito4luv:
My dear NLders. Please your advice and guidance is needed once again. I lost a dear friend and colleague last Dec. He was involved in an accident with his wife (see previous link)https://www.nairaland.com/4914859/how-one-plan-funeral-close#74038218. Six months after the burial his family has refused to release the only child from the union to the young widow. All efforts to settle the matter within the family amounted to an exercise in futility. We have contacted the Min of women affairs in Benin but they haven't done anything yet. The lady who is yet to fully recover (bedridden) from the accident is really saddened by this development. Right now she has run out of ideas on where to seek help. Her current state of health isn't helping matters. Anyone with info on how to reunite mother and child kindly give your suggestions here.

PS. The child is only 2.
Can you imagine the audacity of the in-laws? Do they think their late son would want his child separated from the mother? But wait a minute, are they also after his property by any chance? There’s no reason good enough under the sun to take a child from the parents unless they are incapable of raising their child due to something like an addiction.I’ve seen lame parents living with their children.What right does the guy’s family have to take that child from the mother? The sooner you take this custody battle to court, the better for the child’s mother.How financially well off are her in-laws? Can they bribe their way in court? She should use social media.From Facebook to every media house in Nigeria & should not rest till this case is heard.You May Even see lawyers offering to come to her rescue.If I were you, since word of mouth has failed, i’d start giving them the war they want.Evil people.

7 Likes

Re: Battle For Child Custody For A Deceased Friend by LadyDoubleJ(f): 5:13pm On Jul 10, 2019
Someone who cannot take care of herself doesn't have the right to demand for custody, the best option is for the child to visit her mom more often. Most in-laws are sent from pit of hell.

1 Like

Re: Battle For Child Custody For A Deceased Friend by earnestta: 5:14pm On Jul 10, 2019
let her get well first.

Then she can come to human right activist(Ordinary President), the founder of Brekete Family and Human Right Radio 101.1 in Abuja.
Re: Battle For Child Custody For A Deceased Friend by AxxeMan: 5:20pm On Jul 10, 2019
bigiyaro:
don't you think the mother also need the same succour? infact don't you she needs it more than the relatives?

She is alive, while their relative is dead
Re: Battle For Child Custody For A Deceased Friend by obama30: 5:33pm On Jul 10, 2019
gabito4luv:
Thanks for the advice. I have been monitoring her recovery and her condition is stable now. Just her broken bones is what is left for her to heal which is why she can't move now only been assisted by family members. She has been patient since Jan and has run out of it now.

So her condition is now better as two first comment advise her to care for her health first, you should know that she's in better condition before posting that she's bedridden, or you add bedridden to attract sympathy. Mind you weather the child is with her or husband side all is the same as long they take good care of the child, don't change the story now that the child is not well taken care of. again why too picture one burn and the other seriously damage while people watching, so the two accident affect 1 person. If you
Re: Battle For Child Custody For A Deceased Friend by gabito4luv(m): 5:45pm On Jul 10, 2019
obama30:

So her condition is now better as two first comment advise her to care for her health first, you should know that she's in better condition before posting that she's bedridden, or you add bedridden to attract sympathy. Mind you weather the child is with her or husband side all is the same as long they take good care of the child, don't change the story now that the child is not well taken care of. again why too picture one burn and the other seriously damage while people watching, so the two accident affect 1 person. If you
Head on collision. One burnt killing all occupant while the other partly damaged. the reason she was lucky.
Re: Battle For Child Custody For A Deceased Friend by Nobody: 5:47pm On Jul 10, 2019
Xisnin:

Who will take care of the child?
I feel they should all be in the same house together..
She's part of their family and she shouldn't be neglected. Her child should be around her in her husband's family house.
Well I hope there's no enmity between them.

1 Like

Re: Battle For Child Custody For A Deceased Friend by Vera230(f): 5:49pm On Jul 10, 2019
If the child is grown and going to sch, she should go to the sch and carry her child. What sort of shit is that?

3 Likes

Re: Battle For Child Custody For A Deceased Friend by HomeOfMe(f): 5:58pm On Jul 10, 2019
gabito4luv:
My dear NLders. Please your advice and guidance is needed once again. I lost a dear friend and colleague last Dec. He was involved in an accident with his wife (see previous link)https://www.nairaland.com/4914859/how-one-plan-funeral-close#74038218. Six months after the burial his family has refused to release the only child from the union to the young widow. All efforts to settle the matter within the family amounted to an exercise in futility. We have contacted the Min of women affairs in Benin but they haven't done anything yet. The lady who is yet to fully recover (bedridden) from the accident is really saddened by this development. Right now she has run out of ideas on where to seek help. Her current state of health isn't helping matters. Anyone with info on how to reunite mother and child kindly give your suggestions here.

PS. The child is only 2.
She should just focus on her health first. When she's fully recovered and gain back her strength and energy,then she can start fighting for her child's custody.
Re: Battle For Child Custody For A Deceased Friend by Splendblex(f): 6:02pm On Jul 10, 2019
Only God knows the kind of pains she's going through now. Help her to get back her child please.
Some in-laws eh,haba!

4 Likes

Re: Battle For Child Custody For A Deceased Friend by Sterope(f): 6:10pm On Jul 10, 2019
Very stupid comments.

She as the mother whether bedridden or not is the only one capable of appointing a guardian for her child.

phineas:

Yes all that's needed is her signature and a good lawyer

Forgot this stupid comments on nairaland. Only her and a judge has the right to decide the child's well being.

The only condition medically allowed to separate a child from its mother can only be decided by a competent medical team

As I said earlier get a good lawyer file your case. Let the system sort out the rest. Don't forget to join the commisoner of police in the state ,the IGP and the Attorney General for traction. All the best

7 Likes

Re: Battle For Child Custody For A Deceased Friend by Sterope(f): 6:13pm On Jul 10, 2019
And they magically became the parents or have more rights than the mother because?

They are relative and not the parent. Being bedridden is not the same as inability to make decisions including who should care for her kid while she is still in recovery.

AxxeMan:

6 Likes

Re: Battle For Child Custody For A Deceased Friend by bigiyaro(m): 6:14pm On Jul 10, 2019
AxxeMan:

am sure the relatives have their husbands, wives and children to give them whatever comforting they will need, it is best they return the child to it's mother, the child needs the support and assurance of his mother having lost his dad, no relatives have the right to deny the child any access to his mom.

6 Likes

Re: Battle For Child Custody For A Deceased Friend by Sterope(f): 6:31pm On Jul 10, 2019

1 Like

Re: Battle For Child Custody For A Deceased Friend by ahnie: 6:33pm On Jul 10, 2019
Who are those sniveling smelling smogs placing adverts.

Back to the topic....we have all aired our opinions concerning the issue on ground...my question z...who will now bell the cat undecided?

@op what re your plans concerning the issue at hand?
Those based in Benin...how would you be of help?

2 Likes

Re: Battle For Child Custody For A Deceased Friend by limamintruth: 6:34pm On Jul 10, 2019
babyfaceafrica:
she will do all these from her sick bed abi?..

Why not So just because a parent suffers from a fracture, relatives should forcefully cart away his/her children from him/her abi? angry
She is not mentally incapacitated to take care of her 2years old child and still remains the competent legal guardian to that child by law. It is only with her consent will any relative keep custody of her child.

4 Likes

Re: Battle For Child Custody For A Deceased Friend by cnonyechi(f): 6:44pm On Jul 10, 2019
gabito4luv:
Thanks for the advice. I have been monitoring her recovery and her condition is stable now. Just her broken bones is what is left for her to heal which is why she can't move now only been assisted by family members. She has been patient since Jan and has run out of it now.
Let her heal first and very well afterwards she can follow dat up.she shld not be aggressive with her late husband's family instead she shld follow it peacefully. If d husband is from a good family and she believes dey can take care of d child den she can allow dem and visit her child regularly dat way she can also be free to recover from her loss
Re: Battle For Child Custody For A Deceased Friend by Nobody: 6:56pm On Jul 10, 2019
Re: Battle For Child Custody For A Deceased Friend by 2mch(m): 7:00pm On Jul 10, 2019
Firebrand1:
angry op plz back off from this matter, so dat u will not be hit n d crossfire, d akhator family are still grieving over the death of their son. I am privy to some of d grievances the late husband family has against d wife. op plz don't try to paint the man's family bad becos of ur selfish interest. Wen u read those rhetorics of a tribute at d funeral we all tot u were a good friend, never knew u were just a snitch. Adviser Nowamangbe back off plz
No body cares what your family feels about the Wife. Give her back her child and her husbands property or you will be charged with kidnapping. Useless greedy creatures. It cannot be more than money. Hungry mofos. If you people are not all collectively suffering from madness, how can you justify stealing a child away from a parent that needs the child? Did the mother ask for your help? How did you people even get access to the child enough to have the guts to deny the child’s mother her own child. If you have a mother perpetrating this wicked act. You should be afraid because if you die, the same wickedness will be visited on your wife and kids.

20 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Thread For Single Mothers/ Fathers / When You See A Cancer Women Run For Your Dear Life / If You Cook For Your Wife Heaven Will Not Fall!" Nigerian Lawyer Writes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.