Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,090 members, 7,821,769 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:07 PM

Atiku Raises Alarm Over Nigeria’s N25.6trn Debt - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Atiku Raises Alarm Over Nigeria’s N25.6trn Debt (19935 Views)

FG Dumps N16 Trillion Railway Projects For N2.6trn Lagos-calabar Coastal Road —I / Atiku Raises Team To Woo Wike, Rivers Governor’s Camp Remain Adamant / Nigeria Will Remain In Darkness Except FG Pays Our N1.6trn – GENCOS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Atiku Raises Alarm Over Nigeria’s N25.6trn Debt by candygist: 7:47pm On Jul 10, 2019
chiefolododo:
Buhari is a curse to this nation

Are you a blessing ? I'm yet to feel your impact
Re: Atiku Raises Alarm Over Nigeria’s N25.6trn Debt by executive12: 7:48pm On Jul 10, 2019
Buhari is burying Nigeria.
Re: Atiku Raises Alarm Over Nigeria’s N25.6trn Debt by CptCharlesVane: 7:49pm On Jul 10, 2019
Questioned Obasanjo's system only after realising OBJ was unrelenting towards a third term which by the way, was going to affect his 2007 presidential ambition.

Excessive borrowing, nepotism, selective 'justice', gross incompetence and clueless administration didn't begin when Atiku moved to PDP, he was with 'them' for over 3 years and he kept mum the whole time, not even close to Sanusi or El-Eufai who sometimes raise some of thes issues with curteous verbiage either out of respect for Buhari or loyalty to the APC.

You only need to go back to Atiku's recent response to FFK about RUGA to know the kind of person he is. WTH does he mean by he takes the stance of the PDP? Are all members of the PDP united against RUGA? Atiku is a man with no conviction except that of his personal interest which for decades now has been to become president of Nigeria. He 'speaks for justice' when it serves his presidential ambition.

So talk wetin we no know. Next level just started.
Kylekent59:

When he was the Vice president, he questioned Obasanjo's system of rule.

Stop saying nonsense. Tackle the present and forget the past,also remove sentiments and aim for solutions.

Nigerians love proscribing someone who has come to speak for justice.
Re: Atiku Raises Alarm Over Nigeria’s N25.6trn Debt by executive12: 7:49pm On Jul 10, 2019
AbuuBilaal:
Firstly, this corrupt old man should bury his face in dirt. We all know you have no good for this nation.

Secondly, perhaps this man forgot that there's interest on the money that past president's borrowed. I'm almost certain that a large part of the figure is due to the interest on the previous debts.

Lastly, my advise for this man is for him to assist in progress not inciting gullible masses with erroneously interpreted and presented figures.

But come to think of it. If this man became president, do you think Nigeria's debt won't triple by 2023?
Ponder!

Spoken like a fool.
Re: Atiku Raises Alarm Over Nigeria’s N25.6trn Debt by executive12: 7:52pm On Jul 10, 2019
RealLordZeus:
External Debt in Egypt increased to 96612.10 USD Million in the fourth quarter of 2018 from 93130.70 USD Million in the third quarter of 2018.

External Debt in South Africa increased to 176004 USD Million in the first quarter of 2019 from 172384 USD

External Debt in Nigeria decreased to 21591.68 USD Million in the fourth quarter of 2018 from 29591.68 USD Million in the third quarter of 2018.

Source tradingeconomics.com

NOTE: I'm not in anyway justifying useless debt but every developing countries have a lot of this debt on their neck

Atiku should research further on whether the funds are not been executed for the purpose of which they are collected, not raising Nigerian heart rate with figures

Zombie, keep deceiving yourself.
Re: Atiku Raises Alarm Over Nigeria’s N25.6trn Debt by nelsonoba: 7:54pm On Jul 10, 2019
Fhemmmy:

Go and do your research well, you mean they were able to secure forgiveness? They never paid in FULL, they were forgiven . . . There is a difference between both, read well . . . I support no ONE

Oga, call it debt forgiveness or partial debt relief. The fact is that they paid off over $12billion (Dollars) out of the total money Nigeria was owing. I can't remember the total amount they paid, but I very well remember they paid over $12billion.

If Obasanjo/Atiku could pay off over $12billion within a time when average oil price was less than the price of oil today under Buhari, then what excuse does Buhari have to perform so WOEFULLY?? In case you are not aware, during Obasanjo's First term between 1999 - 2003, Oil price was averaging below $32 per barrel. In fact, during 1999 - 2000, oil price even went as low as $17 per barrel. And despite that, Obasanjo managed to increase minimum wage several times and cough out over $12billion to pay off Nigeria's debts. You need to go hide your face in shame for having the courage to support such a daft and incompetent, corrupt man like Buhari. A man that is so corrupt that even when video evidence is tendered to the whole world to show Ganduje collecting dollars in bribe, he will still come out and defend him in public.....and he will be fooling people like you to believe he is fighting corruption!
Re: Atiku Raises Alarm Over Nigeria’s N25.6trn Debt by femtex007(m): 7:55pm On Jul 10, 2019
teebaxy:
but the buhari you are supporting is your uncle abi
I have the right to support the person I like. But cursing me is out of place
Re: Atiku Raises Alarm Over Nigeria’s N25.6trn Debt by RealLordZeus(m): 7:58pm On Jul 10, 2019
executive12:

Zombie, keep deceiving yourself.

I stated some fact and u called me zombie, well, it's well with your soul
Re: Atiku Raises Alarm Over Nigeria’s N25.6trn Debt by nextstep(m): 8:03pm On Jul 10, 2019
Fhemmmy:

Please i am not saying that Buhari is any matter, all i am saying is that Atiku isn't any better and can never be . . . They are all same

And I'm saying that some leaders are better than others. Under OBJ and Atiku, Nigeria got remarkably better, which was sustained somewhat during GEJ. Under PMB on the other hand, Nigeria got remarkably worse. All our leaders have faults, but I'm yet to find anything redeeming about Buhari.
Re: Atiku Raises Alarm Over Nigeria’s N25.6trn Debt by Nobody: 8:05pm On Jul 10, 2019
Fhemmmy:

And during the time of OBJ/Atiku, what was their achievement or isn't he enjoying the money stolen at that time now?

This is the first time I'm seeing you comment on the political section. Your only know areas of interest are Auto & Property sections
Re: Atiku Raises Alarm Over Nigeria’s N25.6trn Debt by Legendguru: 8:07pm On Jul 10, 2019
but he is also among those qho put nigeria in debt years back
Re: Atiku Raises Alarm Over Nigeria’s N25.6trn Debt by ogaontop(m): 8:13pm On Jul 10, 2019
AbuuBilaal:
Firstly, this corrupt old man should bury his face in dirt. We all know you have no good for this nation.

Secondly, perhaps this man forgot that there's interest on the money that past president's borrowed. I'm almost certain that a large part of the figure is due to the interest on the previous debts.

Lastly, my advise for this man is for him to assist in progress not inciting gullible masses with erroneously interpreted and presented figures.

But come to think of it. If this man became president, do you think Nigeria's debt won't triple by 2023?

Ponder!

Seems you don't know finance even at barest minimum
Not that i'm supporting Atiku, but the borrowing should be a big concern for all Nigerians
When you borrow money from anywhere, be it bank, cooperative societies, trust funds, e.t.c, you must pay the agreed interest either monthly, quarterly or yearly as the case may be, there have never been a situation where both the principal and interest accumulate at the same time. Principal accumulates while interest is being paid out as agreed!
Bulk of these Bihari borrowings(in trillions of Naira) comes from China at low rates, and what China does is when the agreed number of years have elapsed, they take up the management of the national assets like NNPC till whenever they recover their money!
When Nigeria looses the management of NNPC to China, how do you think the country will succeed?
No borrowings, No NNPC! And that will sure happen in few years to come if nothing is done now!! Then, Nigeria will shut down economically, even government officials will not see money to loot again, let alone normal citizens that govt doesn't care about!

Lest I forget, part of the borrowings is also be used in servicing old debts of pre 2015, so both PDP & APC are guilty

Buhari's administration has borrowed excessively for the past four years, irrespective of political affiliation, any right thinking Nigerian should cry out loud. If not, by the time they will be rounding their administration and pocket in the next four years, I bet you the debt should be approaching or even surpass 50 trillion Naira!!!
Re: Atiku Raises Alarm Over Nigeria’s N25.6trn Debt by Fhemmmy: 8:17pm On Jul 10, 2019
misterme:

This is the first time I'm seeing you comment on the political section. Your only know areas of interest are Auto & Property sections

Lol . . .And you think auto and property isn't affected by political policies? I just most times chose not to talk about politics but once in a while, something of interest makes me unzip my cake hole
Re: Atiku Raises Alarm Over Nigeria’s N25.6trn Debt by Clem1011: 8:18pm On Jul 10, 2019
That post from Obj is not necessary, because there is no difference between him and Atiku, if those qualities he described Atitu of are true same can be said of him as they both served together then, if not he would have done some thing then, just that Atiku later abandoned him as at that time when he was writing that book, that's why he wrote that to tannish his political ambition because he knew Atiku will come back to contest.
Re: Atiku Raises Alarm Over Nigeria’s N25.6trn Debt by zoogy2007: 8:19pm On Jul 10, 2019
Is it a crime to borrow? Every country owes. Let him also tell us how much is owed to Nigeria before we begin to shout Buhari.

2 Likes

Re: Atiku Raises Alarm Over Nigeria’s N25.6trn Debt by Fhemmmy: 8:20pm On Jul 10, 2019
nextstep:

And I'm saying that some leaders are better than others. Under OBJ and Atiku, Nigeria got remarkably better, which was sustained somewhat during GEJ. Under PMB on the other hand, Nigeria got remarkably worse. All our leaders have faults, but I'm yet to find anything redeeming about Buhari.

All those people you have mentioned allowed so much stealing and looting, while Jonathan told us that looting aint stealing, remember? Bros, the nation started getting horrible during the time of Jonathan, why do you think that the people rejected Jonathan, why will the people vote out a man that made their life better and allow a dullard to rule? i guess that means a smart man even lost to a dullard.
Till Nigerians wake up and take back the nation from all these old people, we will always continue to do e-Yabbing.

1 Like

Re: Atiku Raises Alarm Over Nigeria’s N25.6trn Debt by Fhemmmy: 8:23pm On Jul 10, 2019
nelsonoba:

Oga, call it debt forgiveness or partial debt relief. The fact is that they paid off over $12billion (Dollars) out of the total money Nigeria was owing. I can't remember the total amount they paid, but I very well remember they paid over $12billion.

If Obasanjo/Atiku could pay off over $12billion within a time when average oil price was less than the price of oil today under Buhari, then what excuse does Buhari have to perform so WOEFULLY?? In case you are not aware, during Obasanjo's First term between 1999 - 2003, Oil price was averaging below $32 per barrel. In fact, during 1999 - 2000, oil price even went as low as $17 per barrel. And despite that, Obasanjo managed to increase minimum wage several times and cough out over $12billion to pay off Nigeria's debts. You need to go hide your face in shame for having the courage to support such a daft and incompetent, corrupt man like Buhari. A man that is so corrupt that even when video evidence is tendered to the whole world to show Ganduje collecting dollars in bribe, he will still come out and defend him in public.....and he will be fooling people like you to believe he is fighting corruption!

Bros, when the price of oil then was 32PBL, remember that spending was based on that price, and when Jonathan was in power, spending and looting was based on over 100$Pb while spending became so high and now oil has gone to what, and has the cost of running the government gone down from what Bros OBJ and uncle Jona made it rise to?
What was the debt left behind when Uncle Jona left office?

1 Like

Re: Atiku Raises Alarm Over Nigeria’s N25.6trn Debt by Daniel207(m): 8:47pm On Jul 10, 2019
If atiku really love Nigeria than Cameroon, he should hold a meeting with looter saraki and pay our debt out of our looted fund they had. ��

1 Like

Re: Atiku Raises Alarm Over Nigeria’s N25.6trn Debt by obailala(m): 8:53pm On Jul 10, 2019
Gbengais:

Ngozi iweala did paid that debt not you.
But at the time, NOI was a part of the economic council which was headed by the VP; NOI reported directly to Atiku then. So he genuinely also shares the bragging rights.
Re: Atiku Raises Alarm Over Nigeria’s N25.6trn Debt by ofwest47(m): 9:01pm On Jul 10, 2019
This thief thief Atiku should go and sleep you are gone and gone forever.

1 Like

Re: Atiku Raises Alarm Over Nigeria’s N25.6trn Debt by 11doubledee: 10:17pm On Jul 10, 2019
martineverest:
I hate when ex presidents, vice president, governors,senators etc that fleeced nigerian treasury dry wil come out and start giving advice/sympathy/criticism as if they care about the nation...what did they do when they had all the time in the world to change Nigeria

I hate hypocrites

I worry more about the way some youths who are supposed to be wiser and smarter even support these wicked souls.
A debt (if foreign)of 12trillion naira in 2015 is the same as 21trillion naira 2019 as we discuss.
So who is fooling who?
People should understand things before they react.
Re: Atiku Raises Alarm Over Nigeria’s N25.6trn Debt by nelsonoba: 10:18pm On Jul 10, 2019
Fhemmmy:

Bros, when the price of oil then was 32PBL, remember that spending was based on that price, and when Jonathan was in power, spending and looting was based on over 100$Pb while spending became so high and now oil has gone to what, and has the cost of running the government gone down from what Bros OBJ and uncle Jona made it rise to?
What was the debt left behind when Uncle Jona left office?

Leave Jonathan out of the issue here and talk of OBJ because you people's excuse for voting in Buhari was that Jonathan did not perform to your standard. My question is this; If OBJ could put together a bunch of intelligent economic team to manage the economy in such a way that we sewed our coat according to our size and still paid up over $12billion debt with oil prices much lower than what we have now that Buhari is complaining and saying oil price is low, THEN WHAT EXCUSE DOES BUHARI HAVE TO NOT PERFORM AT LEAST UP TO OBJ'S ACHIEVEMENTS?

A man who is a retired general like you was president of the same country, and despite all the corruption in Nigeria at that time and much lower oil price, he still managed to stop our borrowing and even paid off over $12billion, And then you that claim to be fighting corruption and enjoying higher oil prices than OBJ ever dreamed of during his tenure is here complaining about how you can't do much. Anybody who supports this incompetent Buhari with these nonsense excuses he gives must be a mediocre that has no taste for progress
Re: Atiku Raises Alarm Over Nigeria’s N25.6trn Debt by gentlegenius(m): 10:36pm On Jul 10, 2019
AbuuBilaal:

Ponder!
Foolishness is when you keep remembering what OBJ wrote about Atiku several years ago, but completely forget what the same OBJ wrote about Buhari in his recent letter to the empty head dullard.
Your RUGA president has borrowed away your future and you are here talking trash.
I think someone should declare a state of emergency on your Foolishness.
Re: Atiku Raises Alarm Over Nigeria’s N25.6trn Debt by 11doubledee: 10:38pm On Jul 10, 2019
ussy09:
Am regretting voting that idiot
Why?He may not be the best but far better than atiku.
Mind you foreign debt of 12trillion naira in 2015 is the same as 21trillion naira in 2019.Technically so we have an idea of what buhari has borrowed so far to compensate for income shortfall in oil revenues.
We may not have made a right choice in voting buhari but definitely a better choice given two evils.
Re: Atiku Raises Alarm Over Nigeria’s N25.6trn Debt by Nobody: 10:49pm On Jul 10, 2019
martineverest:
I hate when ex presidents, vice president, governors,senators etc that fleeced nigerian treasury dry wil come out and start giving advice/sympathy/criticism as if they care about the nation...what did they do when they had all the time in the world to change Nigeria

I hate hypocrites

Atiku was a VP, he never approved amy borrowing.

And pls, focus on the issue, buhari has borrowed more than PDP borrowed in 16 years, just in 3 years
Re: Atiku Raises Alarm Over Nigeria’s N25.6trn Debt by Nobody: 10:53pm On Jul 10, 2019
RealLordZeus:
External Debt in Egypt increased to 96612.10 USD Million in the fourth quarter of 2018 from 93130.70 USD Million in the third quarter of 2018.

External Debt in South Africa increased to 176004 USD Million in the first quarter of 2019 from 172384 USD

External Debt in Nigeria decreased to 21591.68 USD Million in the fourth quarter of 2018 from 29591.68 USD Million in the third quarter of 2018.

Source tradingeconomics.com

NOTE: I'm not in anyway justifying useless debt but every developing countries have a lot of this debt on their neck

Atiku should research further on whether the funds are not been executed for the purpose of which they are collected, not raising Nigerian heart rate with figures

Buhari has borrowed 13 trillion naira and hasn't executed n completed any single project.

South Africa n Egypt have 100% constant electricity, they used their loans to make their country better, buhari borrows n sends the country into more poverty
Re: Atiku Raises Alarm Over Nigeria’s N25.6trn Debt by martineverest(m): 10:54pm On Jul 10, 2019
11doubledee:

I worry more about the way some youths who are supposed to be wiser and smarter even support these wicked souls.
A debt (if foreign)of 12trillion naira in 2015 is the same as 21trillion naira 2019 as we discuss.
So who is fooling who?
People should understand things before they react.
I don't support anybody...did atiku say anything when debt increased from 3billion dollars to where it was in 2015
Re: Atiku Raises Alarm Over Nigeria’s N25.6trn Debt by asanwafo: 11:22pm On Jul 10, 2019
of the top ten
countries with the most national debt:
1. Japan (National Debt: ¥1,028 trillion ($9.087 trillion USD))
2. Greece (National Debt: €332.6 billion ($379 billion US))
3. Portugal (National Debt: €232 billion ($264 billion US))
4. Italy (National Debt: €2.17 trillion ($2.48 trillion US))
5. Bhutan (National Debt: $2.33 billion (USD))
6. Cyprus (National Debt: €18.95 billion ($21.64 billion USD))
7. Belgium (National Debt: €399.5 billion ($456.18 billion USD))
8. United States of America (National Debt: $19.23 trillion (USD))
9. Spain (National Debt: €1.09 trillion ($1.24 USD))
10. Singapore (National Debt: $350 billion ($254 billion US))
Japan, with its population of 127,185,332, has the highest national debt in the
world at 235.96% of its GDP (although, notably, Japan is also one of the world's
largest economies). This is followed by Greece, which is still recovering from the
effects of its economic crisis and subsequent bailout, at 191.27%. Venezuela,
which is currently undergoing serious economic difficulties, is also in the top five
countries with the highest national debt, with a debt to GDP ratio of 161.99%.
Several African countries also have high national debts, including Sudan
(176.49%), Eritrea (129.43%) and Gambia (111.45%).
Of the world's major economic powers, the United States has the highest
national debt at 108.02% of its GDP. China, the world's second-largest economy
and home to the world's largest population (1,415,045,928), has a national debt
ratio of just 51.21% of its GDP. Germany , as Europe 's largest economy, also has
a relatively low national debt ratio at 59.81%. Hong Kong, a major global financial
center, has the lowest national debt in the world, at just 0.05% of its GDP. This
is followed by the tiny Kingdom of Brunei with a population of just 434,076 and a
national debt of 2.49% of its GDP
IMF data from the April 2018 IMF World Economic Outlook database.
Debt to GDP Ratio by Country 2019
Name National Debt to GDP Ratio Population
Japan 234.18% 126,860,301
Greece 181.78% 10,473,455
Sudan 176.02%
Venezuela 172.08% 28,515,829
Lebanon 160.57% 6,855,713
Italy 127.51% 60,550,075
Eritrea 127.34% 3,497,117
Barbados 127.31% 287,025
Cape Verde 126.66% 549,935
Portugal 117.54% 10,226,187
Mozambique 116.60% 30,366,036
United States 109.45% 329,064,917
Singapore 108.79% 5,804,337
Gambia 105.17% 2,347,706
Republic of the Congo 105.01% 5,380,508
Bahrain 102.01% 1,641,172
Belgium 99.08% 11,539,328
France 96.20% 65,129,728
Bhutan 96.05% 763,092
Yemen 95.83% 29,161,922
Belize 95.53% 390,353
Spain 95.12% 46,736,776
Jamaica 93.99% 2,948,279
Jordan 90.83% 10,101,694
Brazil 90.24% 211,049,527
Antigua and Barbuda 90.23% 97,118
Cyprus 89.52% 1,198,575
Dominica 87.25% 71,808
Egypt 87.08% 100,388,073
United Kingdom 85.92% 67,530,172
Canada 83.81% 37,411,047
Saint Vincent and the
Grenadines
81.23% 110,589
Ukraine 76.86% 43,993,638
Sri Lanka 75.19% 21,323,733
Saint Lucia 74.91% 182,790
Tunisia 73.31% 11,694,719
Mauritania 73.17% 4,525,696
Maldives 72.82% 530,953
Zimbabwe 72.64% 14,645,468
Croatia 72.58% 4,130,304
Sao Tome and Principe 72.16% 215,056
Austria 71.97% 8,955,102
Angola 71.59% 31,825,295
Togo 70.57% 8,082,366
Slovenia 69.80% 2,078,654
Burundi 69.45% 11,530,580
Albania 68.50% 2,880,917
Zambia 68.04% 17,861,030
Suriname 67.73% 581,372
Pakistan 67.44% 216,565,318
India 67.29% 1,366,417,754
Laos 66.71% 7,169,455
Montenegro 66.50% 627,987
Puerto Rico 66.02% 2,933,408
Ghana 65.90% 30,417,856
Hungary 65.87% 9,684,679
Uruguay 65.17% 3,461,734
Ireland 64.86% 4,882,495
Sierra Leone 63.99% 7,813,215
Morocco 62.44% 36,471,769
Nauru 61.69% 10,756
Israel 61.38% 8,519,377
Finland 59.56% 5,532,156
Gabon 59.34% 2,172,579
Mauritius 59.11% 1,269,668
El Salvador 58.83% 6,453,553
Senegal 58.75% 16,296,364
Namibia 58.52% 2,494,530
Vietnam 58.13% 96,462,106
Malawi 57.59% 18,628,747
Saint Kitts and Nevis 57.55% 52,823
Bahamas 56.95% 389,482
Kenya 56.95% 52,573,973
Grenada 56.72% 112,003
Ethiopia 56.70% 112,078,730
Azerbaijan 56.37% 10,047,718
Guyana 56.12% 782,766
Costa Rica 55.92% 5,047,561
Germany 55.75% 83,517,045
South Africa 55.70% 58,558,270
Armenia 55.58% 2,957,731
Serbia 55.09% 8,772,235
Kyrgyzstan 55.08% 6,415,850
San Marino 54.61% 33,860
China 54.44% 1,433,783,686
Iraq 54.44% 39,309,783
Seychelles 53.68% 97,739
Mexico 53.43% 127,575,529
Argentina 52.75% 44,780,677
Benin 52.64% 11,801,151
Malaysia 52.62% 31,949,777
Bolivia 52.31% 11,513,100
Qatar 51.96% 2,832,067
Vanuatu 51.70% 299,882
Netherlands 50.91% 17,097,130
Ecuador 50.05% 17,373,662
Belarus 49.93% 9,452,411
Tajikistan 49.88% 9,321,018
Poland 49.80% 37,887,768
Iran 49.21% 82,913,906
South Sudan 48.58% 11,062,113
Equatorial Guinea 48.41% 1,355,986
Oman 48.34% 4,974,986
Colombia 48.17% 50,339,443
Niger 47.53% 23,310,715
Ivory Coast 46.87% 25,716,544
Fiji 46.86% 889,953
Slovakia 46.56% 5,457,013
Samoa 46.25% 197,097
Malta 45.94% 440,372
Chad 45.39% 15,946,876
Guinea 44.69% 12,771,246
Trinidad and Tobago 44.67% 1,394,973
Uganda 44.51% 44,269,594
Central African Republic 44.37% 4,745,185
Georgia 44.09% 3,996,765
Honduras 44.08% 9,746,117
Rwanda 43.12% 12,626,950
Macedonia 42.22% 2,083,459
Moldova 41.99% 4,043,263
Lesotho 41.74% 2,125,268
Thailand 41.58% 69,625,582
Burkina Faso 41.34% 20,321,378
Switzerland 41.10% 8,591,365
Australia 41.05% 25,203,198
Swaziland 40.97% 1,148,130
Tanzania 40.72% 58,005,463
Liberia 39.12% 4,937,374
Romania 38.96% 19,364,557
Algeria 38.42% 43,053,054
Bosnia and Herzegovina 38.38% 3,301,000
South Korea 38.27% 51,225,308
Madagascar 38.02% 26,969,307
Dominican Republic 37.87% 10,738,958
Guinea-Bissau 37.59% 1,920,922
Panama 36.97% 4,246,439
Norway 36.66% 5,378,857
Mali 36.58% 19,658,031
Philippines 36.28% 108,116,615
Cambodia 36.19% 16,486,542
Denmark 35.06% 5,771,876
Iceland 34.88% 339,031
Myanmar 34.87% 54,045,420
Nicaragua 34.58% 6,545,502
Sweden 34.45% 10,036,379
Haiti 34.27% 11,263,077
Cameroon 34.06% 25,876,380
Turkmenistan 33.62% 5,942,089
Bangladesh 33.36% 163,046,161
Kiribati 32.88% 117,606
Kuwait 32.42% 4,207,083
Latvia 31.92% 1,906,743
Taiwan 31.83% 23,773,876
Tuvalu 31.49% 11,646
Lithuania 31.41% 2,759,627
Czech Republic 31.29% 10,689,209
Papua New Guinea 30.67% 8,776,109
Indonesia 30.25% 270,625,568
Djibouti 29.33% 973,560
Nepal 28.83% 28,608,710
Comoros 28.48% 850,886
Peru 28.01% 32,510,453
Turkey 27.86% 83,429,615
Nigeria 27.37% 200,963,599
Paraguay 26.06% 7,044,636
Guatemala 24.64% 17,581,472
Chile 24.62% 18,952,038
Saudi Arabia 23.83% 34,268,528
Marshall Islands 23.25% 58,791
Kazakhstan 23.14% 18,551,427
Bulgaria 22.86% 7,000,119
Luxembourg 22.80% 615,729
New Zealand 22.69% 4,783,063
Uzbekistan 20.65% 32,981,716
Micronesia 20.55% 113,815
Russia 19.48% 145,872,256
United Arab Emirates 19.35% 9,770,529
Solomon Islands 16.41% 669,823
DR Congo 13.31% 86,790,567
Botswana 12.84% 2,303,697
Estonia 8.12% 1,325,648
Afghanistan 6.32% 38,041,754
Brunei 2.46%

1 Like

Re: Atiku Raises Alarm Over Nigeria’s N25.6trn Debt by Lenny9000(m): 12:17am On Jul 11, 2019
Newshubs:

Anyway, i will Build a Professional Logo or Company for your Product or Company For 1k. Offer valid today only. See my info below to to chat me up on WhatsApp

Can you also make eye Catching Professional Flyer for same 1K? If Yes please get in touch ASAP. Thanks
Re: Atiku Raises Alarm Over Nigeria’s N25.6trn Debt by Fhemmmy: 2:12pm On Jul 11, 2019
nelsonoba:

Leave Jonathan out of the issue here and talk of OBJ because you people's excuse for voting in Buhari was that Jonathan did not perform to your standard. My question is this; If OBJ could put together a bunch of intelligent economic team to manage the economy in such a way that we sewed our coat according to our size and still paid up over $12billion debt with oil prices much lower than what we have now that Buhari is complaining and saying oil price is low, THEN WHAT EXCUSE DOES BUHARI HAVE TO NOT PERFORM AT LEAST UP TO OBJ'S ACHIEVEMENTS?

A man who is a retired general like you was president of the same country, and despite all the corruption in Nigeria at that time and much lower oil price, he still managed to stop our borrowing and even paid off over $12billion, And then you that claim to be fighting corruption and enjoying higher oil prices than OBJ ever dreamed of during his tenure is here complaining about how you can't do much. Anybody who supports this incompetent Buhari with these nonsense excuses he gives must be a mediocre that has no taste for progress

[b]How do you leave uncle Jona out, when we are talking of how we get to incur so much debt after it was forgiven during the time of OBJ/Atiku? Bros, let's try to reason logically and not with anger.
OBJ/Atiku were able to get forgiveness of debt for Nigeria, and there were another 6 years of PDP after that, now with the rate at which looting was carried out then, what do you think will happen to the debt all over again?
Your argument scares the heck out of me, when the oil price was so high in the time of Jona, government spending has gone madly up and so was the cost of running the government, so what your bros Buhari inherited is what he is still following.
By the way, what do you really expect from Buhari?
Cut down the Senators and their salary?
Rezone so that the House of rep will be drastically reduced?
Bros, Nigeria needs to get real and till we stop making politics looks lucrative, we can't get a headway
Once again, i am not a supporter of Buhari and never will i be, i am just saying it as it is, Nigeria is a failed nation and not because of Buhari, but because the people are yet to wake up and fight back or take back their country from the so called polithieves.[/b]
Re: Atiku Raises Alarm Over Nigeria’s N25.6trn Debt by nelsonoba: 3:01pm On Jul 11, 2019
Fhemmmy:

[b]How do you leave uncle Jona out, when we are talking of how we get to incur so much debt after it was forgiven during the time of OBJ/Atiku? Bros, let's try to reason logically and not with anger.
OBJ/Atiku were able to get forgiveness of debt for Nigeria, and there were another 6 years of PDP after that, now with the rate at which looting was carried out then, what do you think will happen to the debt all over again?
Your argument scares the heck out of me, when the oil price was so high in the time of Jona, government spending has gone madly up and so was the cost of running the government, so what your bros Buhari inherited is what he is still following.
By the way, what do you really expect from Buhari?
Cut down the Senators and their salary?
Rezone so that the House of rep will be drastically reduced?
Bros, Nigeria needs to get real and till we stop making politics looks lucrative, we can't get a headway
Once again, i am not a supporter of Buhari and never will i be, i am just saying it as it is, Nigeria is a failed nation and not because of Buhari, but because the people are yet to wake up and fight back or take back their country from the so called polithieves.[/b]

We both know that the same number of Senators and Reps members we had in 1999 is still the same as we have today, so that is not the issue. The problem is massive corruption under the Buhari government coupled with gross incompetence. Jonathan and OBJ may have allowed some people to get away with corruption under their regimes, but THEY WERE NOT GROSSLY INCOMPETENT LIKE BUHARI.

What do i expect Buhari to do? Do the same thing OBJ did that enabled him cough out over $12billion to pay off debt with even lower oil prices than today. It is not rocket science. Everything comes down to allowing competent technocrats to handle the economy instead of gross nepotism going on under Buhari. Buhari doesn't need to know everything about economics to transform Nigerian economy, all he needs to do is to appoint very competent hands and give them a free hand like how OBJ gave Ngozi-Okonjo/Nenadi Usman/Charles Soludo. But corruption and nepotism will not allow him appoint such people......and yet we have some people still making excuses for him. Such travesty!
Re: Atiku Raises Alarm Over Nigeria’s N25.6trn Debt by Newshubs: 3:27pm On Jul 11, 2019
Lenny9000:

Can you also make eye Catching Professional Flyer for same 1K? If Yes please get in touch ASAP. Thanks
yes kindly see my Signature for my WhatsApp link

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Sowore: Body Of SANs Knocks Nigerian Government, Demands Investigation Into Cour / Gudumbali Attack: 12 Soldiers Killed, Dozens Missing In Battle With Boko Haram / Governor Dave Umahi: Wike Is A Dictator, He Is Remote-Controlling PDP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.