Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,748 members, 7,831,387 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 06:03 PM

I Just Gave Last Four Digits Of My ATM Card At A POS Stand. Any Cause For Alarm? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I Just Gave Last Four Digits Of My ATM Card At A POS Stand. Any Cause For Alarm? (1721 Views)

Use The Last Three Digits Of Your Phone Number To See What You Need To Be Happy! / Another "My ATM, My Cook" Pre-Wedding Photos / If You Are To Marry At The Age Of Last 2 Digits Of Your Phone number, What Age? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Just Gave Last Four Digits Of My ATM Card At A POS Stand. Any Cause For Alarm? by hafsatadebisi: 6:32pm On Jul 10, 2019
I just went to a POS stand this evening to withdraw. After the withdrawal, I was asked to write down my name, amount,bank and the last four digits of my ATM card on a book provided for such purpose. My question now is- is there any cause for alarm/ worries? Do I need to worried or is there any risk attached to that? This is my second time of using POS, the first was on Monday this week(never used it before). On Monday that I went, I wasn't ask to write the last four digits of my ATM, they said they just started including that today, claiming they did that so that people won't defraud them, that some people would claim they were debited or they got debit alert even when it's not true. So according to them, they did that for their own. A bank's banner was also placed at the front of the stand. Should I be worried? Is it risky? If yes, what do you advise or think I should do? Who has had similar experience before? How did it turn out?
Re: I Just Gave Last Four Digits Of My ATM Card At A POS Stand. Any Cause For Alarm? by PANDOGARI: 6:36pm On Jul 10, 2019
hafsatadebisi:
I just went to a POS stand this evening to withdraw. After the withdrawal, I was asked to write down my name, amount,bank and the last four digits of my ATM card on a book provided for such purpose. My question now is- is there any cause for alarm/ worries? Do I need to worried or is there any risk attached to that? This is my second time of using POS, the first was on Monday this week(never used it before). On Monday that I went, I wasn't ask to write the last four digits of my ATM, they said they just started including that today, claiming they did that so that people won't defraud them, that some people would claim they were debited or they got debit alert even when it's not true. So according to them, they did that for their own. A bank's banner was also placed at the front of the stand. Should I be worried? Is it risky? If yes, what do you advise or think I should do? Who has had similar experience before? How did it turn out?
It was the bank that directed all the agent to do so.
Re: I Just Gave Last Four Digits Of My ATM Card At A POS Stand. Any Cause For Alarm? by Oluwasaeon(m): 6:54pm On Jul 10, 2019
Why on Earth must you have to write down your details after the various scam stories you've heard ?
Re: I Just Gave Last Four Digits Of My ATM Card At A POS Stand. Any Cause For Alarm? by hafsatadebisi: 8:10pm On Jul 10, 2019
PANDOGARI:

It was the bank that directed all the agent to do so.
So nothing to worry about?
Re: I Just Gave Last Four Digits Of My ATM Card At A POS Stand. Any Cause For Alarm? by hafsatadebisi: 8:15pm On Jul 10, 2019
Oluwasaeon:
Why on Earth must you have to write down your details after then various scam stories you've heard ?
Do you mean they're fraudulent even when there's a bank's banner? What do you suggest or advise I do?
Re: I Just Gave Last Four Digits Of My ATM Card At A POS Stand. Any Cause For Alarm? by hafsatadebisi: 8:16pm On Jul 10, 2019
Oluwasaeon:
Why on Earth must you have to write down your details after then various scam stories you've heard ?
Do you mean they're fraudulent even when there's a bank's banner there? What do you suggest or advise I do?
Re: I Just Gave Last Four Digits Of My ATM Card At A POS Stand. Any Cause For Alarm? by PANDOGARI: 8:37pm On Jul 10, 2019
hafsatadebisi:
So nothing to worry about?
Yes. People are not to be trusted some people do use stolen card to transact. The details are collected to track you down if there is any problem. Hope they collected you phone number?
Re: I Just Gave Last Four Digits Of My ATM Card At A POS Stand. Any Cause For Alarm? by Oluwasaeon(m): 8:41pm On Jul 10, 2019
hafsatadebisi:
Do you mean they're fraudulent even when there's a bank's banner there? What do you suggest or advise I do?
Change your PIN
Re: I Just Gave Last Four Digits Of My ATM Card At A POS Stand. Any Cause For Alarm? by Legionx: 8:47pm On Jul 10, 2019
hafsatadebisi:

Change your ATM card immediately. I'm begging you before they wipe your account... Never share anything with anybody again
Re: I Just Gave Last Four Digits Of My ATM Card At A POS Stand. Any Cause For Alarm? by hafsatadebisi: 9:28pm On Jul 10, 2019
PANDOGARI:

Yes. People are not to be trusted some people do use stolen card to transact. The details are collected to track you down if there is any problem. Hope they collected you phone number?
No, they didn't collect my phone number.
Re: I Just Gave Last Four Digits Of My ATM Card At A POS Stand. Any Cause For Alarm? by PANDOGARI: 9:34pm On Jul 10, 2019
hafsatadebisi:
No, they didn't collect my phone number.
Yours was a different case entirely. Just do the needful.
Block your card or report to the bank.

(1) (Reply)

Man Entered Inside Bowl, On Tap Water, While Eating His Roasted Corn & Drinking / Man Catches Wife Posting Nude Pictures To Lover / Don't Know Why I Like It.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.