Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,372 members, 7,822,750 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 04:16 PM

Nigeria Would Have Progressed If Buhari Had Implemented 2014 Confab– Jonathan - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Would Have Progressed If Buhari Had Implemented 2014 Confab– Jonathan (21108 Views)

Nigerians Won't Forget Tinubu If He Implements 2014 CONFAB Report - Bode George / Buhari Had PTSD After Civil War - Aisha Buhari / Junaid: North Will Remove Any President Who Attempts To Implement 2014 Confab (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Would Have Progressed If Buhari Had Implemented 2014 Confab– Jonathan by Ugosample(m): 2:45pm On Jul 11, 2019
SoNature:
He said all the issues were discussed as he gave them the freedom to discuss all

The statement above is false!
Jonathan made it clear that secession was off the table!

Again, not implementing the recommendation of the conference was hypocrisy at its best!
Why didn't Jonathan implement it the minute the white paper was released?
He should never have waited to win the 2015 elections before implementing the recommendation.
Nigeria lacks good leaders.
No, Jonathan was never a good leader!

which president will allow secession be discussed?

That being off limit was a good thing
Re: Nigeria Would Have Progressed If Buhari Had Implemented 2014 Confab– Jonathan by stanluiz(m): 2:45pm On Jul 11, 2019
Jonathan go and sit down
Why didn't you implement it when you are in power ?

You did not protect the southern interest during your administration.
Re: Nigeria Would Have Progressed If Buhari Had Implemented 2014 Confab– Jonathan by rusep: 2:47pm On Jul 11, 2019
Useless Man talking after taking Ogogoro, you didn't remember the report while you are in power
Re: Nigeria Would Have Progressed If Buhari Had Implemented 2014 Confab– Jonathan by stanluiz(m): 2:48pm On Jul 11, 2019
SoNature:
He said all the issues were discussed as he gave them the freedom to discuss all

Again, not implementing the recommendation of the conference was hypocrisy at its best!
He should never have waited to win the 2015 elections before implementing the recommendation.
Jonathan non implementation of the confab was one of his unforgivable sin to the south.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Would Have Progressed If Buhari Had Implemented 2014 Confab– Jonathan by Angelfrost(m): 2:48pm On Jul 11, 2019
SoNature:

Was secession the essence or main objective of convening a national conference? Or you don't know the difference between secession and true federalism?...
Re: Nigeria Would Have Progressed If Buhari Had Implemented 2014 Confab– Jonathan by SoNature(m): 2:51pm On Jul 11, 2019
Ugosample:

No!
Marriage is not by force.
Even in the Bible, the conditions for divorce were defined; this is something that Nigeria needs.
There must be terms and conditions for pulling out of this contraption called Nigeria.
Yes, the Confab should have been allowed to define that.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Would Have Progressed If Buhari Had Implemented 2014 Confab– Jonathan by stanluiz(m): 2:52pm On Jul 11, 2019
rusep:
Useless Man talking after taking Ogogoro, you didn't remember the report while you are in power
No mind am.
He was busy developing the north thinking that the north will vote for him.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Would Have Progressed If Buhari Had Implemented 2014 Confab– Jonathan by Kenturkey048(m): 2:52pm On Jul 11, 2019
SoNature:

and who is saying Jonathan was a good leader. But was implementing it immediately he received the white paper possible in a country as Nigeria where everything either good or bad is used as a political tool..
Re: Nigeria Would Have Progressed If Buhari Had Implemented 2014 Confab– Jonathan by martowskin1(m): 2:57pm On Jul 11, 2019
Godoverevery:
Did you continue yaradua 7 point agenda......only fools give excuses for there failures...... you were in power for six years getting drunk and dashing out money like the prodigal son.

I don't like this present govt.....but your govt was the worst in Nigeria democracy history..... because I know a man infact he is a medical doctor that knew D's man way back ....he had the opportunity to pay good luck a visit in 2012 and D's man gave him a cheque of 5million for just visiting.....Even the Dr was shocked himself

Bros u no know any body.... Stop to dey lie...

Jona was never ready for leadership... That we all know....

But at least he he was better than buhari who keep pushing the nation into deep debt with nothing to show for it

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Would Have Progressed If Buhari Had Implemented 2014 Confab– Jonathan by stanluiz(m): 2:57pm On Jul 11, 2019
Angelfrost:

Was secession the essence or main objective of convening a national conference? Or you don't know the difference between secession and true federalism?...
Let me break it down to you for you to understand.

All the problems and injustice in Nigeria was solved on that 2014 confab report. If Jonathan had implemented it all this political and economic injustice and agitation well die.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Would Have Progressed If Buhari Had Implemented 2014 Confab– Jonathan by Kenturkey048(m): 2:58pm On Jul 11, 2019
Jaypop22:

I agree with you on this. Why did Jonathan not implement it or set up implementation committee?
hope you people read dis in his statement, it was handed over to him on 21 August 2014, at a time members of the National Assembly were busy running around for re-election.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Would Have Progressed If Buhari Had Implemented 2014 Confab– Jonathan by martowskin1(m): 2:59pm On Jul 11, 2019
stanluiz:
Jonathan non implementation of the confab was one of his unforgivable sin to the south.

The guy was trying to hard to please the north, so that he could come back 2nd tenure...

But things never worked out for him.... Still for 6yrs he did nothing to show the south was were he came from

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Would Have Progressed If Buhari Had Implemented 2014 Confab– Jonathan by akdjr(m): 2:59pm On Jul 11, 2019
Nigeria would have progress if all those who loot our Treasury are killed and all their asset taken back by Government and use to build world class Hospital, standard roads, power plants to generate 24 hours light like Canaan land, good schools with good teachers.
Re: Nigeria Would Have Progressed If Buhari Had Implemented 2014 Confab– Jonathan by Godoverevery: 2:59pm On Jul 11, 2019
martowskin1:

Bros u no know any body.... Stop to dey lie...

Jona was never ready for leadership... That we all know....

But at least he he was better than buhari who keep pushing the nation into deep debt with nothing to show for it
I wish I can write the doctor name.....I don't want you to believe me....but he is still practicing in Luth idi-araba Lagos.
infact it was from the man I knew Gej was a drunkard and it there way of life where he came from due to add water.
Re: Nigeria Would Have Progressed If Buhari Had Implemented 2014 Confab– Jonathan by stanluiz(m): 3:01pm On Jul 11, 2019
Ugosample:

We are not talking of secession. We are talking of federalism that we are practicing before the January 1966 coup and civil war.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Would Have Progressed If Buhari Had Implemented 2014 Confab– Jonathan by lukaino(m): 3:01pm On Jul 11, 2019
Just look at this clown who was prevailed upon to let the Conference be a sovereign one so that all agreements made there becomes law automatically.
He refused but rather convened a National conference whose deliberations would later be subjected to further debates at the National assembly.
He planned the whole exercise to fail. He wasn't sincere

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Would Have Progressed If Buhari Had Implemented 2014 Confab– Jonathan by Nobody: 3:01pm On Jul 11, 2019
Jonathan is a failed man in terms of government, government why did he not implement it during is time as president ...he had almost a year to do it but he refuse, why blame d current administration... Hypocrite
Re: Nigeria Would Have Progressed If Buhari Had Implemented 2014 Confab– Jonathan by CsRockefeller(m): 3:02pm On Jul 11, 2019
I just made a Research on the report and I am sure it would have made a big difference in the Socio-Economic activity of Nigeria.

This emphasizes the fact that Laws/Rules are not the problem of Nigeria but the implementation of it.

Check the recommendations of the committee, its near perfect.

May God help us all.
Re: Nigeria Would Have Progressed If Buhari Had Implemented 2014 Confab– Jonathan by Kenturkey048(m): 3:03pm On Jul 11, 2019
stanluiz:
We are not talking of secession. We are talking of federalism that we are practicing before the January 1966 coup and civil war.
thank you for braking it down..is that too much to ask....every region govern yourself with a single federal capital...
Re: Nigeria Would Have Progressed If Buhari Had Implemented 2014 Confab– Jonathan by Angelfrost(m): 3:03pm On Jul 11, 2019
stanluiz:
Let me break it down to you for you to understand.

All the problems and injustice in Nigeria was solved on that 2014 confab report. If Jonathan had implemented it all this political and economic injustice and agitation well die.

I know what was recommended in the report... I think you should break it down for the one that lacks understanding of the clearcut difference between Federalism, and secession...
Re: Nigeria Would Have Progressed If Buhari Had Implemented 2014 Confab– Jonathan by shedy03(m): 3:04pm On Jul 11, 2019
buhari did not come to make this country progress, he come to fulanize and islamise Nigeria. don't you people see and feel it?
Re: Nigeria Would Have Progressed If Buhari Had Implemented 2014 Confab– Jonathan by Lovelyn451(f): 3:04pm On Jul 11, 2019
stzy:
We know your initiatives are what is still keeping this Country afloat... We pray we don't exhaust it before 2023 or Atiku wins at Tribunal

But GEJ you ef big time by loosing in 2015... But if you didn't loose gullible Nigerians will never know that the St Snail has nothing to offer
your first statement is very correct, they're just following his pattern with nothing to add to the system...what do I expect from a herdsman anyway, it's all about cows
Re: Nigeria Would Have Progressed If Buhari Had Implemented 2014 Confab– Jonathan by 1988: 3:05pm On Jul 11, 2019
I agree. He should have
SoNature:

Re: Nigeria Would Have Progressed If Buhari Had Implemented 2014 Confab– Jonathan by wink2015(m): 3:06pm On Jul 11, 2019
hisexcellency34:
Temidyo Akinsuyi, Lagos

Former President Goodluck Jonathan on Thursday gave reasons why he could not implement the report of the 2014 national conference before vacating office On May 29 20115

He also said Nigeria would have made significant progress if President Muhammadu Buhari had implemented a part of the reports of the conference.

Jonathan, who spoke at the launching and presentation of the Memoirs of Senator Femi Okurounmu at the University of Lagos titled ‘The Dream’ , said that the report was handed over to him on 21 August 2014, at a time members of the National Assembly were busy running around for re-election.
While noting the role played by Okurounmu at the conference, Jonathan, who was the chairman of the occasion, said the conference was conveyed in accordance with the yearnings of Nigerians for dialogue to reconcile ethnic differences.

He said all the issues were discussed as he gave them the freedom to discuss all and that the recommendations were far-reaching in setting an agenda for today and tomorrow.

According to the former president, the conference took out politics and that the recommendations would have taken Nigeria out of the woods.
https://www.independent.ng/nigeria-would-have-progressed-if-buhari-had-implemented-2014-confab-report-jonathan/

EX-PRESIDO JONA !

WHY IS IT THAT YOU DID NOT IMPLEMENT THE REPORT BEFORE HANDING OVER POWER TO THE NORTH.

YOU SHOULD HAVE STARTED IT AT LEAST SOME OF THE KEY PARTS.

YOU WASTED 9 BILLION NAIRA ON A REPORT THAT WAS DUMP IN THE ARCHIVE BY A FULANI ABOKI MAN !

JONA ! YOU DID NOT DO WELL !

YOU SHOULD SHARE SOME OF THE BLAME !

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Would Have Progressed If Buhari Had Implemented 2014 Confab– Jonathan by martowskin1(m): 3:09pm On Jul 11, 2019
Godoverevery:

I wish I can write the doctor name.....I don't want you to believe me....but he is still practicing in Luth idi-araba Lagos.
infact it was from the man I knew Gej was a drunkard and it there way of life where he came from due to add water.

Waow... People always called him drunkard I never believed....

I wonder if Nigeria will ever get it right.... GEJ was soured... Buhari ... I don't even understand

Atiku would have still done nothing.....

Which way sef
Re: Nigeria Would Have Progressed If Buhari Had Implemented 2014 Confab– Jonathan by Kenturkey048(m): 3:09pm On Jul 11, 2019
wink2015:

EX-PRESIDO JONA !

WHY IS IT THAT YOU DID NOT IMPLEMENT THE REPORT BEFORE HANDING OVER POWER TO THE NORTH.

YOU WASTED 9 BILLION NAIRA ON A REPORT THAT WAS DUMP IN THE ARCHIVE BY A FULANI ABOKI MAN !

Jonathan truly bleeped up with that....he should have done the implementation long ago...
Re: Nigeria Would Have Progressed If Buhari Had Implemented 2014 Confab– Jonathan by martowskin1(m): 3:10pm On Jul 11, 2019
wink2015:

EX-PRESIDO JONA !

Dont mind him, u from the south couldn't do it..... Then u expect the north to do it...
Re: Nigeria Would Have Progressed If Buhari Had Implemented 2014 Confab– Jonathan by Kenturkey048(m): 3:11pm On Jul 11, 2019
martowskin1:

Waow... People always called him drunkard I never believed....

I wonder if Nigeria will ever get it right.... GEJ was soured... Buhari ... I don't even understand

Atiku would have still done nothing.....

Which way sef
don't mind the sons and daughters of ogogoro men who thinks everybody on earth is as irresponsible as their parents....dont mind them.
Re: Nigeria Would Have Progressed If Buhari Had Implemented 2014 Confab– Jonathan by Tim365: 3:12pm On Jul 11, 2019
The problem with this ex leaders is that once they leave office they become born again and start preaching. GEJ had his chance to restructure this country to be about 50 states for legislature balancing and political equity with that confab report once and for all but he didn't thinking he had automatic 4 more years to spend.
GEJ you tried but you disappointed us the minorities....

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Would Have Progressed If Buhari Had Implemented 2014 Confab– Jonathan by mrwilly: 3:16pm On Jul 11, 2019
Congrats to all my subscribers , let make more wins today , just call or whatsapp
Re: Nigeria Would Have Progressed If Buhari Had Implemented 2014 Confab– Jonathan by Charly68: 3:18pm On Jul 11, 2019
We should ask Baba Doctor,why he failed to implement it for us while he was on seat .. He messed us up big time

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How EndSARS Protest Will Shape 2023 Elections / Biafra: Show Evidence Of Your Project In Southeast – Omirhobo Challenges Gowon / PDP Governorship Candidate Airhiavbere Loses In His Unit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.