Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,993 members, 7,817,940 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:26 PM

Junaid: North Will Remove Any President Who Attempts To Implement 2014 Confab - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Junaid: North Will Remove Any President Who Attempts To Implement 2014 Confab (29239 Views)

Insecurity: Implement 2014 Confab Report Now, Delegates Tell Buhari / Implement 2014 Confab Report If You Are Sincere, Adebanjo Tells Buhari / Nigeria Would Have Progressed If Buhari Had Implemented 2014 Confab– Jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Junaid: North Will Remove Any President Who Attempts To Implement 2014 Confab by nairavsdollars(f): 6:51am On Oct 10, 2019
Junaid Mohammed, elder statesman and Second Republic federal lawmaker was a delegate to the 2014 National Conference convened by the Goodluck Jonathan administration. In This interview with TEMIDAYO AKINSUYI, he spoke on why the recommendations of the conference can’t be implemented and other issues. Excerpts:

insecurity in their states, some governors have been negotiating with bandits and in some cases, giving them money. Do you think this is a right approach?

It is not. I believe it is a very dangerous trend. It shows that the governors are not sincere and they have underfinanced the security system even though they make billions of naira in the name of maintaining security. Essentially, they have been stealing the money which was earmarked for security. So, I don’t accept the idea of negotiating with bandits. It is a bad idea and I believe instead of paying off the bandits, they can finance the police and assist the DSS and other security organisations. It shows what will happen in the state if governors are allowed to set up their private policemen. It is going to be disastrous and make Nigeria ungovernable.

Some Nigerians are calling for the implementation of the 2014 national conference as a way of addressing some of the challenges facing the country. What is your take on this?

Those saying that, have they read the report? Has anyone of us who attended the conference told Nigerians what aspect we want to be implemented? I was at the 2014 national conference. I represented Kano state which is one of the two biggest states in the country. I had been involved in several conferences in the past and even after the 2014 conference, we also had another one here in Kano concerning the state. As far as I am concerned, that 2014 confab is a fraud. What they are purporting to be the report is a fraud. Most of the issues that we discussed which were rejected were brought back into the final report through the backdoor. They did that with the full cooperation of the then President Goodluck Jonathan. But we defeated every issue they brought even though we are in the minority. If you want to have a constitutional conference, one, it must be a representative of the whole country so that people don’t feel marginalised especially those who are in the majority in the country. The north has been in the majority in the country even before 1914. You cannot have a constitutional conference in which the North has been reduced to minority in the country and you say you are having a constitutional conference. And in spite of that,we still defeated them.

In fact, I want somebody from the South to become the President and attempt to implement the report of the 2014 conference; we will kick him out in no time. You cannot be a democrat and pretend that it doesn’t matter who are the people who constitute the majority in the country. Democracy in itself means credible free and fair election. Whatever we do, that principle must be represented. If they want to try it, let them try it. It is one of the gimmicks that Jonathan attempted but he failed. In fact, initially, the idea in the North here was that we should not attend the conference but we thought doing so may lead to the break-up of the country and we don’t want to be held responsible historically for that kind of very serious step. So, we went, we saw and we defeated them.

Do you think it is morally right for a northerner to aspire for the Presidency in 2023 after President Buhari must have completed his two terms if he survives the judgment of the Supreme Court?

What do you mean by morally right? Politics and morals are two different aspects of human endeavour. First and foremost, if you know my history, from the Second Republic, I have never supported the idea of zoning or rotation. Though many Nigerians accept the idea of zoning or rotation, I don’t. But at the same time, the South East has not accepted the principle. PDP accepted the principle because they want everybody to have the opportunity to steal public money. They want it to go round. If Nigerians are serious, if a party because of zoning should put forward an unpopular or unacceptable candidate, they should simply refuse to vote for him. But in a democracy, saying we should dedicate certain positions to some people in what is supposed to be a democratic free and fair election is wrong.

https://www.independent.ng/north-will-remove-any-president-who-attempts-to-implement-2014-confab-report-mohammed/

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Junaid: North Will Remove Any President Who Attempts To Implement 2014 Confab by AgentNairaland(f): 6:52am On Oct 10, 2019
Silly Talk.. Bubuhari And His Co Fulani Bigot Cabals, Are Like Animals In Sahara Desert

124 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Junaid: North Will Remove Any President Who Attempts To Implement 2014 Confab by okosodo: 6:54am On Oct 10, 2019
Yet some southerners will support this man because of islam

234 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Junaid: North Will Remove Any President Who Attempts To Implement 2014 Confab by aolawale025: 6:56am On Oct 10, 2019
This sort of talk makes the one Nigeria meaningless
For jus how long must the country be held to ransom

125 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Junaid: North Will Remove Any President Who Attempts To Implement 2014 Confab by hisexcellency34: 6:59am On Oct 10, 2019
Atiku or any PDP president will implement it and nothing will happen

142 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Junaid: North Will Remove Any President Who Attempts To Implement 2014 Confab by Racoon(m): 7:02am On Oct 10, 2019
Just imagine this hate speech? Yet DSS have not cautioned or arrest Junaid because he simply belongs to the born-to-rule northern cabal.

What gives these barbaric humanity morale to keep on talking shitty things like this all the time?? sad This man should know that this is not the 1966 Nigeria.

86 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Junaid: North Will Remove Any President Who Attempts To Implement 2014 Confab by Racoon(m): 7:03am On Oct 10, 2019
The core northern military clique bastardized this nation by ensuring they entrenched themselves on our national life by the revolving musical chair game of coup de etats.

Then they still continued the trend with power drunk and desperate fellas like this idiot.

32 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Junaid: North Will Remove Any President Who Attempts To Implement 2014 Confab by hisexcellency34: 7:04am On Oct 10, 2019
Stop being tribalistic

Orjioorji:
this is it, yoruba Muslims will kill any southerner for a northern muslim.

19 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Junaid: North Will Remove Any President Who Attempts To Implement 2014 Confab by sweetonugbu: 7:05am On Oct 10, 2019
Owners of Nigeria have spoken

47 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Junaid: North Will Remove Any President Who Attempts To Implement 2014 Confab by omenka(m): 7:08am On Oct 10, 2019
hisexcellency34:
Atiku or any PDP president will implement it and nothing will happen
Atiku? grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

This one no know say school don close, make I ring the bell again. cheesy

31 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Junaid: North Will Remove Any President Who Attempts To Implement 2014 Confab by omenka(m): 7:12am On Oct 10, 2019
Juniad Mohammed, I officially crown you Fani Kayode 1 of the North!! Now bend a knee and accept your crown. cheesy

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Junaid: North Will Remove Any President Who Attempts To Implement 2014 Confab by Blakjewelry(m): 7:15am On Oct 10, 2019
I wish the whole south will wake up from their stupidity

73 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Junaid: North Will Remove Any President Who Attempts To Implement 2014 Confab by Mrexcell(m): 7:16am On Oct 10, 2019
nairavsdollars:
Junaid Mohammed, elder statesman and Second Republic federal lawmaker was a delegate to the 2014 National Conference convened by the Goodluck Jonathan administration. In This interview with TEMIDAYO AKINSUYI, he spoke on why the recommendations of the conference can’t be implemented and other issues. Excerpts:

insecurity in their states, some governors have been negotiating with bandits and in some cases, giving them money. Do you think this is a right approach?

It is not. I believe it is a very dangerous trend. It shows that the governors are not sincere and they have underfinanced the security system even though they make billions of naira in the name of maintaining security. Essentially, they have been stealing the money which was earmarked for security. So, I don’t accept the idea of negotiating with bandits. It is a bad idea and I believe instead of paying off the bandits, they can finance the police and assist the DSS and other security organisations. It shows what will happen in the state if governors are allowed to set up their private policemen. It is going to be disastrous and make Nigeria ungovernable.

Some Nigerians are calling for the implementation of the 2014 national conference as a way of addressing some of the challenges facing the country. What is your take on this?

Those saying that, have they read the report? Has anyone of us who attended the conference told Nigerians what aspect we want to be implemented? I was at the 2014 national conference. I represented Kano state which is one of the two biggest states in the country. I had been involved in several conferences in the past and even after the 2014 conference, we also had another one here in Kano concerning the state. As far as I am concerned, that 2014 confab is a fraud. What they are purporting to be the report is a fraud. Most of the issues that we discussed which were rejected were brought back into the final report through the backdoor. They did that with the full cooperation of the then President Goodluck Jonathan. But we defeated every issue they brought even though we are in the minority. If you want to have a constitutional conference, one, it must be a representative of the whole country so that people don’t feel marginalised especially those who are in the majority in the country. The north has been in the majority in the country even before 1914. You cannot have a constitutional conference in which the North has been reduced to minority in the country and you say you are having a constitutional conference. And in spite of that,we still defeated them.

In fact, I want somebody from the South to become the President and attempt to implement the report of the 2014 conference; we will kick him out in no time. You cannot be a democrat and pretend that it doesn’t matter who are the people who constitute the majority in the country. Democracy in itself means credible free and fair election. Whatever we do, that principle must be represented. If they want to try it, let them try it. It is one of the gimmicks that Jonathan attempted but he failed. In fact, initially, the idea in the North here was that we should not attend the conference but we thought doing so may lead to the break-up of the country and we don’t want to be held responsible historically for that kind of very serious step. So, we went, we saw and we defeated them.

Do you think it is morally right for a northerner to aspire for the Presidency in 2023 after President Buhari must have completed his two terms if he survives the judgment of the Supreme Court?

What do you mean by morally right? Politics and morals are two different aspects of human endeavour. First and foremost, if you know my history, from the Second Republic, I have never supported the idea of zoning or rotation. Though many Nigerians accept the idea of zoning or rotation, I don’t. But at the same time, the South East has not accepted the principle. PDP accepted the principle because they want everybody to have the opportunity to steal public money. They want it to go round. If Nigerians are serious, if a party because of zoning should put forward an unpopular or unacceptable candidate, they should simply refuse to vote for him. But in a democracy, saying we should dedicate certain positions to some people in what is supposed to be a democratic free and fair election is wrong.
https://www.independent.ng/north-will-remove-any-president-who-attempts-to-implement-2014-confab-report-mohammed/

So the 1999 constitution that's favouring only the core north is not a fraud?

34 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Junaid: North Will Remove Any President Who Attempts To Implement 2014 Confab by Henry1006(m): 7:18am On Oct 10, 2019
aolawale025:
Till your people are ready to have a yoruba nation.

20 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Junaid: North Will Remove Any President Who Attempts To Implement 2014 Confab by cicero(m): 7:23am On Oct 10, 2019
This guy is one of the reason a lot of people think Nigeria is hopeless but him and his likes will be disappointed.

13 Likes

Re: Junaid: North Will Remove Any President Who Attempts To Implement 2014 Confab by helinues: 7:24am On Oct 10, 2019
Junaid should STFU..

Why him everyday?

7 Likes

Re: Junaid: North Will Remove Any President Who Attempts To Implement 2014 Confab by Niaja4real(m): 7:26am On Oct 10, 2019
nairavsdollars:

Any journalist that has formed the habits of visiting junaid Mohammed's house to interview him for the purpose of giving the senile, retarded, uncultured, & idiotic bigot any relevance, in our contemporary society, is as silly & useless as junaid himself.

65 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Junaid: North Will Remove Any President Who Attempts To Implement 2014 Confab by ServantsOfTruth: 7:29am On Oct 10, 2019
Idiot

6 Likes

Re: Junaid: North Will Remove Any President Who Attempts To Implement 2014 Confab by kettykin: 7:41am On Oct 10, 2019
When Nnamdi kanu replies him now people will start shouting hate speech and start accusing him of hating the north and the west and spreading hate

44 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Junaid: North Will Remove Any President Who Attempts To Implement 2014 Confab by surgical: 7:44am On Oct 10, 2019
The guy is very silly,he is trying to be relevant for 2023 he wants to contest for governor,but the way he is going about it is dangerous trying to injure people's sensibilities and fanning the ember of discord is not a good strategy
The journalists should not become his accomplice by giving him coverage

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Junaid: North Will Remove Any President Who Attempts To Implement 2014 Confab by ahaz: 8:01am On Oct 10, 2019
aolawale025:
The iidiot has made a speech that contradicted your interest all of a sudden you lots crictisise him..but this is the same tramadol infested idiot that insulted the entire southeast out of his deranged mentality you yotubas wereoraising him to high heavens.
The fact remains that this idiot is by far speaking the minds of the average northern stock and painfully southern folks are only united for the hatred of the Igbo's and blinded from seeing the big picture on the reality on ground behind the Igbo's secidsion agenda cos as long as you continue with your blind DND sheepish followershio to this bunch of retards up north your future remains bleek and you make sure you tell your children the truth on how you willingly sold there future to the north and how you refuse to stand with the Igbo's ehenthey rejected slavery .

39 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Junaid: North Will Remove Any President Who Attempts To Implement 2014 Confab by hisexcellency34: 8:13am On Oct 10, 2019
Where were u when he said Yoruba leaders will flee when war starts?

ahaz:
The iidiot has made a speech that contradicted your interest all of a sudden you lots crictisise him..but this is the same tramadol infested idiot that insulted the entire southeast out of his deranged mentality you yotubas wereoraising him to high heavens.
The fact remains that this idiot is by far speaking the minds of the average northern stock and painfully southern folks are only united for the hatred of the Igbo's and blinded from seeing the big picture on the reality on ground behind the Igbo's secidsion agenda cos as long as you continue with your blind DND sheepish followershio to this bunch of retards up north your future remains bleek and you make sure you tell your children the truth on how you willingly sold there future to the north and how you refuse to stand with the Igbo's ehenthey rejected slavery .

6 Likes

Re: Junaid: North Will Remove Any President Who Attempts To Implement 2014 Confab by Oksman(m): 8:19am On Oct 10, 2019
nairavsdollars:

This man is irrelevant in the scheme of things in the north, he is not in government and doesn't deserve the attention his is getting for heavens sake! He is politically dead and a noise maker every day north this and that. Those who make peaceful change impossible makes a violent revolution inevitable.

10 Likes

Re: Junaid: North Will Remove Any President Who Attempts To Implement 2014 Confab by hisexcellency34: 9:06am On Oct 10, 2019
How come northerners have never disowned him despite the terrible things he has said?

Oksman:

This man is irrelevant in the scheme of things in the north, he is not in government and doesn't deserve the attention his is getting for heavens sake! He is politically dead and a noise maker every day north this and that. Those who make peaceful change impossible makes a violent revolution inevitable.

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Junaid: North Will Remove Any President Who Attempts To Implement 2014 Confab by Nobody: 9:15am On Oct 10, 2019
Na north dey rule Nigeria from day one, no surprise.
Re: Junaid: North Will Remove Any President Who Attempts To Implement 2014 Confab by FactBoyz: 9:15am On Oct 10, 2019
grin
Re: Junaid: North Will Remove Any President Who Attempts To Implement 2014 Confab by Tomide007: 9:15am On Oct 10, 2019
The north Is not as powerful as northerners want us to believe, all u need to do is to approach dissatisfied tribes on the north....let southern leaders harvest Plateau , Taraba and benue....this three states will gladly do our bidden...let S/W leaders work on Kwara and Kogi. With a united voice we can defeat the core North....those 5 states are not as northern as the North will want us to think......as Godlike as buhari is in the north he Never won these areas prior to 2015....even in 2019 he lost three of those..

48 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Junaid: North Will Remove Any President Who Attempts To Implement 2014 Confab by SouthSouth1914: 9:15am On Oct 10, 2019
The north has confirmed that they don’t want Nigeria to move forward! Bunch of lazy, stupidd, selfish set of entities!

13 Likes

Re: Junaid: North Will Remove Any President Who Attempts To Implement 2014 Confab by Nobody: 9:16am On Oct 10, 2019
okosodo:
Yet some southerners will support this man because of islam

Yoruba pls

14 Likes

Re: Junaid: North Will Remove Any President Who Attempts To Implement 2014 Confab by ursullalinda(f): 9:17am On Oct 10, 2019
Their born to rule mentality is sickening...They believe they own Nigeria and its working for them because the south is so divided. Smh

13 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Dolapo Osinbajo At Segun Awolowo's 25th Wedding Anniversary (Photos) / Tribute To Alobi Nsor, Doctor Killed In Metele Attack / Justice Bimbola Komolafeme Is Dead

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.