Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,702 members, 7,809,667 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:48 PM

Preparation On Dubai Trip From Lagos Nigeria - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Preparation On Dubai Trip From Lagos Nigeria (705 Views)

Update Pictures Of My ROADSIDE Trip From California to Las Vegas / My Trip From Lagos To Ethiopia, Kenya And Mauritius Island / Abuja - Dubai Trip Advice Needed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Preparation On Dubai Trip From Lagos Nigeria by kizonero(m): 2:47pm On Jul 11, 2019
Good afternoon ladies and gents. I must sincerely say that this forum had helped a lot of people in the past and still helping. I must confess that I am one of dudes who always love to visit this site and gather information that is helpful. Kudos to the initiator and may he or she continue to grow in wisdom Amen.

My name is Kizito and I am one of the virgins. Please don't get it twisted. I am a first time traveller out of Africa. I am planning on touring Dubai next month and I want to get the followings clear

(1) I was told that officers at MM1 (muritala int airport, Lagos), can be strict. What are the likely things they sight and ask.

(2) when can I book for flight ticket, is it after the visa is out or before the visa is out.

(3) from what time to what time can I start the procession of my uae visa.

(4) if I am to spend just 2weeks in Dubai, how much can I pay for bed space in deira

(5) can 50k be enough for my pocket money for 2weeks. That is excluding accommodation fee and shopping money.

(6) can I use my MTN network in Dubai

(7) What is the rate for dirhram now

(cool which of the airline is cheap and affordable

Thank you gurus
Re: Preparation On Dubai Trip From Lagos Nigeria by rentAcock(m): 3:23pm On Jul 11, 2019
kizonero:

(5) can 50k be enough for my pocket money for 2weeks. That is excluding accommodation fee and shopping money

50k is too small if you want to enjoy yourself in Dubai. Wouldn't you want to ride ATVs, ziplines, bungee jump, skydiving, snorkeling or camel riding? What fun is it traveling all the way to Dubai and choosing to stay in your hotel all day? You should budget like 400k for that length of time just for leisure, and if you don't spend it all, that's okay. Also, have some dirharams as tip.

If you are traveling with a virgin passport, expect the guys at the airport to harass you. It is better to settle them than trying to prove right and missing your flight.

1 Like

Re: Preparation On Dubai Trip From Lagos Nigeria by rentAcock(m): 3:23pm On Jul 11, 2019
kizonero:

(5) can 50k be enough for my pocket money for 2weeks. That is excluding accommodation fee and shopping money

50k is too small if you want to enjoy yourself in Dubai. Wouldn't you want to ride ATVs, ziplines, bungee jump, skydiving, snorkeling or camel riding? What fun is it traveling all the way to Dubai and choosing to stay in your hotel all day? You should budget like 400k for that length of time just for leisure, and if you don't spend it all, that's okay. Also, have some dirharams as tip.

If you are traveling with a virgin passport, expect the guys at the airport to harass you. It is better to settle them than trying to prove right and missing your flight.
Re: Preparation On Dubai Trip From Lagos Nigeria by kizonero(m): 5:57pm On Jul 11, 2019
Jez! my BP just raise as I see the #400k for pocket money. Please brother encourage me. Your advice is cool but that amount is heart breaking for me. I am only going their to have my passport stamped. Building on my travel history. I don't think I need all those stuff you mentioned above. I am cool with eatery

As for the passport, I have used it when i went to Ghana in January. Hope its cool?

Thank u so much for ur advice. Looking forward to hear from the other gurus in the house. May God bless you all

1 Like

Re: Preparation On Dubai Trip From Lagos Nigeria by meobizy(f): 7:09pm On Jul 11, 2019
I have a question.
Can someone enjoy himself in Dubai for four or five days as opposed to a week or two?
How long is the journey via flight.
Re: Preparation On Dubai Trip From Lagos Nigeria by kizonero(m): 3:42am On Jul 12, 2019
Please bro, I asked a question coz I do not know. I expected you to answer if you know. And not this question.

Thank you
Re: Preparation On Dubai Trip From Lagos Nigeria by NONNYG: 5:12am On Jul 12, 2019

(1) (Reply)

How Do I Change My Seat On Qatar Airways? / Uyo To Ilorin / Proof Of Funds For Canada

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.