Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,841 members, 7,810,240 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:37 AM

7 Family Members Killed By Generator Fumes In Rivers State (Disturbing Photo) - Crime (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / 7 Family Members Killed By Generator Fumes In Rivers State (Disturbing Photo) (45326 Views)

85-Year-Old Woman Jumps To Death In Anambra State (Disturbing Photo) / Man Kills 7 Family Members In Imo, Burnt To Death By Angry Youths (Graphic Photo / Family Of 7 Killed In Benin By Suspected Generator Fumes (Graphic Photos, Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 7 Family Members Killed By Generator Fumes In Rivers State (Disturbing Photo) by naijajobx: 7:20pm On Jul 11, 2019
Sad
Re: 7 Family Members Killed By Generator Fumes In Rivers State (Disturbing Photo) by wakes: 7:26pm On Jul 11, 2019
sad
Re: 7 Family Members Killed By Generator Fumes In Rivers State (Disturbing Photo) by Menaha(m): 7:27pm On Jul 11, 2019
I live in the same compound with the deceased family.
What happened was that the man (father) put the generator in the kitchen and locked everywhere (i.e windows and doors) except the door that links the kitchen to the dinning and in turn to palour. I guess the all the family members fell asleep, none even remembered to put off the gen and the gen fume choke them to death.
But what suprises me is that this is not the first time the man have been doing this (we've warned him severally) and how can all the family members sleep in the palour whereas they live in a one-bedroom apartment?
I'm yet to recover from the shock.
Re: 7 Family Members Killed By Generator Fumes In Rivers State (Disturbing Photo) by Assonyekwelu(f): 7:53pm On Jul 11, 2019
Carelessness,ignorance!oh Lord come to our aid
Re: 7 Family Members Killed By Generator Fumes In Rivers State (Disturbing Photo) by mechanics(m): 8:32pm On Jul 11, 2019
So sad, it seems some people don't really know the adverse effect of generator fumes.
Re: 7 Family Members Killed By Generator Fumes In Rivers State (Disturbing Photo) by IchBinBrait(m): 8:38pm On Jul 11, 2019
stzy:
RIP to the dead

This statement "God will help us" has made so many learned people behave foolishly

1. God dey
2. God will help us
3. Na God dey save us o

Some people really overlook critical to safety information on the guise of these three statements above.
I'm not saying that all the three statements are not valid … Bible said my people perish because of lack of knowledge..

You see people drinking and eating contaminated water, beverages and food all in the guise of the above 3 statements

Be aware of the safety systems of your environment
Be aware of microbial threats in your environment
Don't be lazy all in the name of the three statements above

You have spoken węll....
Re: 7 Family Members Killed By Generator Fumes In Rivers State (Disturbing Photo) by lukaino(m): 8:48pm On Jul 11, 2019
When will people stop dying unnecessarily in Nigeria?
Government cannot give uninterrupted power, agreed.
So people have to resort to the use of generators.
Lots of citizens have died over the years from generator fumes so this raises the following questions.

1. Shouldn't the government (if they valued their citizens) be carrying out a massive sensitization of citizens at all levels on the dangers of generator fumes and how not to use a generator?

2.is the government trying to deny the fact that generator usage has become part of Nigerians as a way of getting alternative power source for livelihood and survival?

Its time we get real in this country
Re: 7 Family Members Killed By Generator Fumes In Rivers State (Disturbing Photo) by sylve11: 9:08pm On Jul 11, 2019
dollytino4real:
fear of coming out to off gen at night bad people everywhere

na wtin country put people be this... sad cool
Re: 7 Family Members Killed By Generator Fumes In Rivers State (Disturbing Photo) by Klington: 9:11pm On Jul 11, 2019
ssexy:
i doubt if it is only generator fume,there should be a survivor,did they intentionally face the exhaust pipe directly to their window?
My thought exactly.
And from the look of things, they hadn't gone to bed.
Re: 7 Family Members Killed By Generator Fumes In Rivers State (Disturbing Photo) by frozen70(f): 9:31pm On Jul 11, 2019
Abeg, who caused rivers state ❓
Re: 7 Family Members Killed By Generator Fumes In Rivers State (Disturbing Photo) by Monday60655(m): 9:33pm On Jul 11, 2019
OMG. May their souls rip
Re: 7 Family Members Killed By Generator Fumes In Rivers State (Disturbing Photo) by SammyTJack: 9:50pm On Jul 11, 2019
Poverty bad I swear!

Am sure the eldest son was supposed to turn off the gen at some point during de night but he slept off.
What a terrible for sleep is
Re: 7 Family Members Killed By Generator Fumes In Rivers State (Disturbing Photo) by Evince(m): 9:52pm On Jul 11, 2019
Looks like poison, they should have died in different rooms not gathered here like ppl who died while having a family chat.
Re: 7 Family Members Killed By Generator Fumes In Rivers State (Disturbing Photo) by MicroSweet(m): 10:46pm On Jul 11, 2019
My fear for generators...
Re: 7 Family Members Killed By Generator Fumes In Rivers State (Disturbing Photo) by UnitedFront: 11:40pm On Jul 11, 2019
Rivers State again! Mr Wike, wake up
Re: 7 Family Members Killed By Generator Fumes In Rivers State (Disturbing Photo) by Femilekan233: 1:38am On Jul 12, 2019
rentAcock:
Carborn monoxide is colourless and odorless. I blame the Rivers state government for this mess. Electricity should be a universal right. A good lawyer should sue the government for compensation.
who will later be compensated, dead or living
Re: 7 Family Members Killed By Generator Fumes In Rivers State (Disturbing Photo) by Jahskid24(m): 7:13am On Jul 12, 2019
OUCH this wan is loud if only there was constant power supply
Re: 7 Family Members Killed By Generator Fumes In Rivers State (Disturbing Photo) by DonXavi(m): 8:26am On Jul 12, 2019
I believe the government needs to start up a campaign to sensitize people of the hazards of having generator working in a confined environment without any form of ventilation. For me, the government needs to be apportioned some blames here, this is negligence on their part for not initiating such move after having seen so many of these cases in recent times.
Re: 7 Family Members Killed By Generator Fumes In Rivers State (Disturbing Photo) by innopassion: 1:55pm On Jul 12, 2019
[quote author=Toscarel post=80166152]This is painful, and people wouldn't learn from this , I'm going to warn my Neighbor this evening[/quote

that's my pain as well...this is not the first, second,nor 3rd...is being happening.why can't we learn from past experiences or mistakes.may their souls rest in peace.

1 Like

Re: 7 Family Members Killed By Generator Fumes In Rivers State (Disturbing Photo) by MANNABBQGRILLS: 3:02am On Jul 15, 2019
chris51:
It's unfortunate that people still die from generator fume. Better to sleep in the heat without clothes on than to inhale generator fume.

RIP to the dead.

We should preach to friends and neighbours about the danger of generator fume
This is so true.
We need to pass this information around.
As far as possible.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Lady Hospitalized After BVN Fraudsters Cleared Her Life Savings (Photos) / Anayo Nwoke, Ikechukwu Stanley Declared Wanted by Police (Photos) / NNPC Staff Shoots Boy Dead For ‘chasing’ Daughter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.